Gazzaniga going on loan

Turkish

Wish he was still number 1 however boruc will getter better with more match experience, hes a top keeper and gazza is up and coming, i think a one month loan deal would be ok, get 4-5 games in come back and really push for that number 1 spot.

I hope he plays tonight or Davis.

We should of left him at Gills if we never thought he was good enough if the first place.

IMHO I was happy with him in goal for us.

He wasn't meant to be number 1 keeper straight away but as someone had grossly overated the competences of Davis he had to be chucked in at the deep end for a couple of games while it got sorted out. Boruc will get better, might even organise the defence correctly, that's a keeper's job as well.

Boruc has been put in goal to early in my opinion and should have had a few reserve games under his belt before playing him in the PL but now NA has decided he's our first goallie so we'll just have to hope he regains the form that he had for Fiorentina last season. With that in mind we have 2 goallies that won't be playing regularly. For Davis that might not be the biggest problem, he's experienced and will be able to do a job without a lot of matches under his belt. For Gazza this is different, he's veery unexperienced and needs match to become a better player. Why not do that in the Championship where he'll be tested more then at Gillingham and I'm sure we'll have the possibility of a recall. I can't see any problem with this deal except the risk of Gazza getting injured at Bristol.

I do understand people wanting Gazza in goal instead of Boruc but since NA prefers Boruc at this time I can't understand why anyone would be againt him going out on loan. If anything he gets the chance to proof he's the better goallie.

Makes sense, no point him being out the squad when he could be gaining valuable experience and improving. He'll be a good long-term signing, but being punished behind a woeful defence won't do him any favours.

This is how I see it. Anyone who backs the chairman and manager should applaud the decision too.

Does make you scratch your head a little as I didn't think he was too shabby between the sticks. I think Kelvin has demons from his past foray in the Prem lurking between his ears, and comments re Boruc that he was a bit rusty at Wet Spam and needed game time makes you wonder whatever did Gazza do wrong......... Blimey they have only just released his poster in the shop so Leighton won't be happy.

Hopefully the little spat from the Chapel in his direction might spur Boruc on to up his game rather than relaxing in the knowledge that he is number 1 very quickly and his biggest threat has been sent out on loan..

Some of you guys just totally crack me up with your positivity-cum-delusional pompous claptrap.

You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material, and mentally discarding those who have found ill-favour with you as part of SFC history.

Yet, the team left currently is f**king sh*te, and not of Premiership quality itself. We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that. Week-in, week-out. Yet when talk comes to them you go on about "getting behind them".

Hypocritical delusional b*ll*cks.

Alpine seems to have lost it before 10am.

In other news I think this is probably a good thing. Gazza looks to have a lot of potential, but he needs games and experience away from the Prem. At least it should see our goalkeeping merry-go-round settle down.

Some of you guys just totally crack me up with your positivity-cum-delusional pompous claptrap.

You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material, and mentally discarding those who have found ill-favour with you as part of SFC history.

Yet, the team left currently is f**king sh*te, and not of Premiership quality itself. We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that. Week-in, week-out. Yet when talk comes to them you go on about "getting behind them".

If anyone's the hypocrit it's you my chubby chum. At least we leave our computers to attend the games every week.

Ridiculous in my view.

Not a lot more to add as the following posts set it out:

Well its Boruc in goal for the rest of the season then. Good move all round.Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A contradiction there in my view.

it would be a stupid idea, ATM he is our best keeper

Stupidity.

Boruc is fat.

Gazza is our best keeper.

Exactly.

If anyone's the hypocrit it's you my chubby chum. At least we leave our computers to attend the games every week.

I have pointed out the hypocrisy of some of you lot in my post, whereas you have failed to point out how I am a hypocrite. If you think making observations about my inability to attend and waist-size means that I am a hypocrite, you clearly havent the slightest grasp of what the word actually means.

What a let down, I enjoyed his few games so far.

At very least the club is refusing to have another Bart on their hands, making sure Gazza gets the game time he needs is essential otherwise we will get landed with another keeper who wont be able to handle the games he is called up for.

I have pointed out the hypocrisy of some of you lot in my post, whereas you have failed to point out how I am a hypocrite. If you think making observations about my inability to attend and waist-size means that I am a hypocrite, you clearly havent the slightest grasp of what the word actually means.

Er, you said "You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material,"

Then a nano-second later you wrote, on the internet "We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that"

Now if you were stood up, using dictation software, then you're excused.

Er, you said "You sit at your keyboards, judging who is and who isnt Premiership material,"

Then a nano-second later you wrote, on the internet "We arent talking about a strong competitive team where Billy Sharp or Gazza have made screw-ups that have led to defeat, oh no, its the f**kers like Fox and Fonte that are still here that are doing that"

Now if you were stood up, using dictation software, then you're excused.

To be fair he never said that Fox and Fonte *AREN'T* Premiership quality, more that they keep making mistakes that cost us points...

And FWIW I'll do my bed wetting when this has been confirmed on the OS

This is just weird. Much better than Davis and dropped after playing well. Can only think he's kicked off. Something is very odd at our club and it feels like there are 'must play if fit' contracts abounding.

Makes sense to get him some regular games with a view to being no 1 next season.

Boruc is a good keeper who has always played at a high level. Not much he could have done with either goal on Sun and I think he will do well this season with KD as an able back up.

Only issue would be if Gazza either can't be recalled (which would be crazy) or if he ends up on the bench for Bristol City.

Makes sense to get him some regular games with a view to being no 1 next season.

Boruc is a good keeper who has always played at a high level. Not much he could have done with either goal on Sun and I think he will do well this season with KD as an able back up.

Only issue would be if Gazza either can't be recalled (which would be crazy) or if he ends up on the bench for Bristol City.

Usually, with outfield players, if it's a short term loan (and this will be *IF* it happens) they can't be recalled within the first month of the loan. If the loan is extended then they can be recalled at any time.

I seem to recall that loans in the "emergency loan" window can only be short term (ie for one month) but I could be wrong.

Saying that this is a keeper loan so the rules may be completely different.

Ha ha an Alpine 'losing it' moment. They're the best.

Don't see why opinion on that should matter. In isolation it seems quite simple. Good prospect not playing - get him some games. Whether he should be playing is up for debate, but surely it's better to get proper games and develop than play for our reserves?

A lot of people are saying it is wierd and the wrong decision surely if they have faith in the managers decisions they will agree with them. I certainly think its a great decision and I applaud the manager and chairman for takin a young keeper out of the firing line and playing behind a poor defence whioh could damage his progress.

Good move. Gazza is not ready. Few things in his game that need ironing out. Two goals at Everton, showed his positional sense and angles need to be worked on. The one thing that did impress was how calm he was. What we need now is some experience in that position. Boruc will get better with time, but needs to keep a cool head about himself.