Danny Fox to Nottingham Forest?

Glasgow_Saint

We all knew Harding wasn't good enough for us in the NPC, so why would he be good enough for Forest if they're going for promotion? Ideally the more of our promotion side they have the better for them!

Fox is a great player to have in the NPC just for his dead ball delivery, and his defending doesn't get caught out really. Would be a good signing for them, but I don't think we should let him go unless we bring in another LB.

Not adverse to him moving on if the bid was right however leaves us in an interesting situation at left back. How do you buy a good left back with him knowing he'll be second choice to a 17 year old? Then if you can't convince someone to come in with the required experience / quality how would you feel for Shaw's backup to be unproven? Then if we got relegated and Shaw left...

All ifs and buts however is a difficult situation to manage.

Just get rid and we can work on it quickly over the next 2 weeks.

Has proven him self to categorically be unable to play LB in the premier league, maybe left wing but Shaw coming off against villa blew that chance. Take a decent price (at least what we paid for him) and move on. Thank's for the 18 months (12 of good service).

Think it might be better to get Ashley Cole as backup for Shaw as he is looking likely to leave Chelski.

You just reminded me, I had a dream last night where I met Ashley Cole on a bus and tried to persuade him to join Saints. He seemed to find the idea a bit of a joke unfortunately.

I thought you paid attention to the Villa game. Apparently not. Gashed knee / leg
This is Alpine Skate we are talking about, he only frequents the match threads if Saints are losing, and NEVER goes to home games. He's not a Saints supporter by any stretch of the imagination., he's just a grizzling fat tart.

Not adverse to him moving on if the bid was right however leaves us in an interesting situation at left back. How do you buy a good left back with him knowing he'll be second choice to a 17 year old? Then if you can't convince someone to come in with the required experience / quality how would you feel for Shaw's backup to be unproven? Then if we got relegated and Shaw left...

We could buy someone better than Shaw and have Shaw as the cover? He is only 17 after all.

Clyne, Yoshida & if he signs Forren are good enough cover for Shaw.

are they? One decent half against Villa doesn't convince me that Clyne can do it. One woeful showing at West Ham convinced me Yoshida can't. Reeves might fit the bill, but could be sure.

This is it lads - Fox out, we bring back Wayne Bridge.

Ramirez back to Italy? Brian Howard/Stock!!!

Lambert to West Ham? Lukas Jutkiewicz!!!

James Beattie could still do a job for us IMO. And don't forget we need a wide player and Wade Elliot would surely be available and up for the move.

How do you buy a good left back with him knowing he'll be second choice to a 17 year old? Then if you can't convince someone to come in with the required experience / quality how would you feel for Shaw's backup to be unproven? Then if we got relegated and Shaw left...

You get someone in who would be first choice and Shaw goes back to being cover and you bring him on more slowly.

Shaw is rated amongst the top 10 hottest properties in world football.

The 17 year old Taggert/Targett? is rated as being better than Shaw but less advanced in terms of gamebrain.

Why bring in another player....

When we have Seabourne and Fox.......

Clyne & Cork then

Shaw is rated amongst the top 10 hottest properties in world football.

The 17 year old Taggert/Targett? is rated as being better than Shaw but less advanced in terms of gamebrain.

Why bring in another player....

When we have Seabourne and Fox.......

Clyne & Cork then

Why bring in another player? Because he's 17.

Are you also suggesting playing Cork at LB? And do you really think Seabourne is good enough to play LB in the premier? I don't think that would be a good idea.