The Luke Shaw Rumour thread

Saint Garrett

Exactly. What we owe is minimal vs income. The fact they made such a big deal out of it was a conscious ploy IMO.

Its not so much debt as running costs of a football club in the PL.

Absolutely, this year's income will probably be around 90 million, unless the owner needs (or wants) to start taking money out of the club then I really can't see what our problem is. 2012/13 salarial mass was 47.1 million for everybody, we've added 3 players since then and sold Puncheon for 1.75 million,Forren for about the same and loaned out Fox,Sharp,Martin,Mayuka,Barnard etc and Cortese who was paid 1.96 million has gone about half-way through the financial year. At most our total salarial mass for the year 2013/14 will be about 55 million so I just cannot see the problem.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Absolutely, this year's income will probably be around 90 million, unless the owner needs (or wants) to start taking money out of the club then I really can't see what our problem is. 2012/13salarial mass was 47.1 million for everybody, we've added 3 players since then and sold Puncheon for 1.75 million,Forren for about the same and loaned out Fox,Sharp,Martin,Barnard etc and Cortese who was paid 1.96 million has gone about half-way through the financial year. At most our total salarial mass for the year 2013/14 will be about 55 million so I just cannot see the problem.

Plus the fees owed are most likely instsllments for the likes of Lovren, Ramirez, Wanyama, Osvaldo, Jay etc.

Regardless of opinions on the players they are financial assets, so not like we get nothing for the money.

How can we expect loyalty from our players, while our manager is showing none!?

Has Pochettino shown any disloyalty?

Why would he not wait to for the end of season and then sit with the owners, to discus plans. If he was deep in talks over his contract now, he would be criticised for not focussing on the three remaining games.

Why would he not wait to for the end of season and then sit with the owners, to discus plans. If he was deep in talks over his contract now, he would be criticised for not focussing on the three remaining games.

Posted this on another thread, but since you ask about loyalty it fits here too...

He is refusing to commit his future to Saints beyond the summer..... :?

He is refusing to rule out Spurs job, while Saints manager :facepalm:

Said he wants to manage PSG....while employed by Saints :eek:

18 months in doesnt give interviews in English :frown:

Put top 8 finish ahead of cup run - #hisbonus :facepalm:

"I walk if Nicola leaves" :shakey:

Didnt get a bite on another thread, but since you ask about loyalty it fits here too...

"I walk if Nicola leaves" :shakey:

Fixed

odnt take any notice of his posts, he is a fifth columnist and does not have our clubs interests at heart

Sadly I can never get excited when I see him play because I somehow don't feel that he's going to be with us for long. Because of that I don't think of him as a Saints player, just a short-term stand-in.

How very sad. Do you weep when flowers bloom?

Even if this ludicrous claim were true, you'd have to think about why he was offered a bonus. Might it be that his employers valued a top eight finish over a cup run and incentivised that with a bonus?

Even if this ludicrous claim were true, you'd have to think about why he was offered a bonus. Might it be that his employers valued a top eight finish over a cup run and incentivised that with a bonus?

Why was it one or the other? Given how good our squad is, 8th place + a cup run was achievable.

Mopo simply decided not to risk his bonus.

#moneyovermedals

Posted this on another thread, but since you ask about loyalty it fits here too...

"I walk if Nicola leaves" :shakey:[/

In themselves none of these represent disloyalty, save for not leaving the club when Cortese went. It could be argued that he has been loyal to the club ahead of the man who employed him... Presumably this sort of 'disloyalty' we like...?

As and when he leaves I will question his loyalty. Until that point, he is honouring his contract nothing more, nothing less.

No face palm needed.

odnt take any notice of his posts, he is a fifth columnist and does not have our clubs interests at heart

In fairness, I have posted before and Glasgow Saint has been willing to admit / acknowledge another viewpoint, so am going to 'play the ball, not the man'.

I do think he is misguided on this point though; to me Pochettino is showing indecision maybe, but not disloyalty. Would prefer he just signed a new contract because I think he is a good manager for us, but also think that nothing likely to happen until the season is over.

In themselves none of these represent disloyalty, save for not leaving the club when Cortese went. It could be argued that he has been loyal to the club ahead of the man who employed him... Presumably this sort of 'disloyalty' we like...?

As and when he leaves I will question his loyalty. Until that point, he is honouring his contract nothing more, nothing less.

No face palm needed.

Yes fair enough.

Just concerned about the damage already / to be caused by Mopos indecisiveness

Mail says 55m from Utd for Shaw and Lallana.

Resigned to losing Shaw but if we lost Lallana too that would be gutting. No doubt the Academy then is another way to make money rather than provide our team with players.

Would be very sad to lose Lallana, as that's kind of the heart of our team...gone. Would need to spend £40m on a Mata type player to get a lallana-equivalent influence.

Would be very sad to lose Lallana, as that's kind of the heart of our team...gone. Would need to spend £40m on a Mata type player to get a lallana-equivalent influence.

Which obviously we won't. Worrying times this summer if what VMAN said is true, which Im sure it is.

Jay Rod injury a worse blow than it appeared at the time. Our attack could look dire come the first game in Aug.

Which obviously we won't. Worrying times this summer if what VMAN said is true, which Im sure it is.

Jay Rod injury a worse blow than it appeared at the time. Our attack could look dire come the first game in Aug.

It's not just THEVAN I've heard that from either, which is why I've become a bit sceptical about our long-term plans. I would be upset losing Shaw...but not as upset as losing Adam, he's kind of irreplaceable for us. But to be honest, we're probably due a shakey year at some point - the last 6 have been heaven!

It's not just THEVAN I've heard that from either, which is why I've become a bit sceptical about our long-term plans. I would be upset losing Shaw...but not as upset as losing Adam, he's kind of irreplaceable for us. But to be honest, we're probably due a shakey year at some point - the last 6 have been heaven!

Things swing quickly in football. If we dither and lose MP too then we could easily end up in a relegation battle.

Before anyone gets too hot and bothered, let's remember that this is Ed Woodward that is releasing most of these transfer stories, a chap that made a lot of noise about all the players United were going to sign last window. They got Fellaini and paid 4.5M too much for him.

Perhaps the Shaw offer is a reaction to the f**king about they did last window, or maybe it's just someone who utterly f**ked his job up last time making a lot of noise this time around so he's seen to be doing something.

Much is going to depend on the next permanent United manager. You'd assume that if Ed Woodward was serious, next United manager is a done and unannounced deal.

btw, the United chairman's full name is Edward Woodward, sharing a name with the star of obscure late-night favourite The Equalizer. It puts me in mind of the stupidest joke I've ever heard.

Q: Why does Edward Woodward have four "D's" in his name.

A: Because if he didn't, he'd be called Ewar Woowar.

I like this joke.

Why would a team with no manager be trying to sign players?

Football isn't all about the manager these days, even though I don't fully agree with that. Like us, they probably have a transfer committee of sorts. Even though the manager is involved at points, the club themselves investigate targets over the years. Jay Rodriguez was a long-term club-wide target for us for example.

So even though a manager can have some input, a lot is done by the entire hierarchy at the club - and to be honest, any new manager isn't going to say no to Luke Shaw! Their LB area is poor, so needs improving.

There's no replacement for his influence. £40m would buy someone to eclipse his skill but not the part he plays at the club.

I really can't see him leaving us, not yet. I don't think he'd go unless he could walk into a trophy winning side. At least we have two or three ready made captains in the team if he does, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no replacement for his influence. £40m would buy someone to eclipse his skill but not the part he plays at the club.

I really can't see him leaving us, not yet. I don't think he'd go unless he could walk into a trophy winning side. At least we have two or three ready made captains in the team if he does, though.

I don't think he wants to go TBH, but if a club offers stupid money for him then it may well be put out of his hands, so to speak.

Selling Lallana and Shaw at the first opportunity would set the tone for bad season, even if all the money is put back in to the team (which would be hard to believe)

- Replacements will be on a hiding to nothing as they will be quickly and constantly compared to those we sell, likely unfavourably.

- Likely a different manager, MP would be out of his mind to stay here under a board who will sell sell off anyone worthwhile.

- Lack of football knowledge at board level could mean some dodgy at best managerial appointments

- Those good players who we don't sell this time will probably be demoralised and looking for a way out themselves

- Disgruntled fans who are more likely to turn on the team during bad performances and generally create an edgy atmosphere at St. Mary's which could affect the team, especially the younger players

Not to mention we are an average side without Jay Rodriguez, take Lallana and Shaw out and we are **** poor as it is.

Selling Lallana and Shaw at the first opportunity would set the tone for bad season, even if all the money is put back in to the team (which would be hard to believe)

- Replacements will be on a hiding to nothing as they will be quickly and constantly compared to those we sell, likely unfavourably.

- Likely a different manager, MP would be out of his mind to stay here under a board who will sell sell off anyone worthwhile.

- Lack of football knowledge at board level could mean some dodgy at best managerial appointments

- Those good players who we don't sell this time will probably be demoralised and looking for a way out themselves

- Disgruntled fans who are more likely to turn on the team during bad performances and generally create an edgy atmosphere at St. Mary's which could affect the team, especially the younger players

Not to mention we are an average side without Jay Rodriguez, take Lallana and Shaw out and we are **** poor as it is.

It's all going to go horribly wrong, then.

Just as well it won't happen!

What debt, what is this debt, we owe a few transfer fees, surely the PL handout will cover that, what's the rest of this debt ????

According to the last set of accounts (If I understand them correctly - So don't take this as guaranteed);

The club have outstanding transfer fees of 27 million.

In addition to that, at the latter part of last season the Liebherr estate had to provide an additional 2 million pounds in cash

In addition to the addition, we have a unspecified BVI loan against every asset (Including players) the company own.

In addition to the addition, to the addition, The old company was recently liquidated (Long story wont bore you) which potentially means the last payment to Aviva (Due to two years ago) has only just been satisfied, which suggests that KL might have just had to stump up another 4 million quid.

It's not as rosy as everyone thought

Sadly I can never get excited when I see him play because I somehow don't feel that he's going to be with us for long. Because of that I don't think of him as a Saints player, just a short-term stand-in.

Like the rest of them. Pathetic really.

You must really enjoy your football on that basis :?

That's a shame. I have enjoyed watching his development and enjoyed the fact he is a saint.

It has amused me that every "Big Club" lover on site or in the pub has creamed over him and bragged/bullsh1tted about how he's going to be at their club next season. As if this makes a difference to me this season. Job knockey's.

When I watch him play I get a sense of pride, as I know he was made here - not bought, not poached...but made and developed at my club.

Whenever I see Bale ripping up the CL for Real Madrid I still feel pretty privileged to have had the chance to watch him play for us. He was always an incredibly special player, just as Shaw is.

When I watch him play I get a sense of pride, as I know he was made here - not bought, not poached...but made and developed at my club.

Whenever I see Bale ripping up the CL for Real Madrid I still feel pretty privileged to have had the chance to watch him play for us. He was always an incredibly special player, just as Shaw is.

Whenever Bale is in the news for doing something incredible in La Liga/Champions League I always picture that free-kick V Derby in my head.

Now that is why IF he or any other Saints who go to the World Cup are only sold after so that all the publicity during the WC will name Saints

not the usual suspects.