Dean Hammond signs for Leicester City

doubleonothing

Hammond, Harding, Lambert, Davis etc were instrumental in reinstating a winning mentality at SFC at a time where we seemed to always buckle under pressure, always throw away a lead, always panic...

This change is still the most important in recent times. We may make mistakes but the team always plays with confidence...

Good luck Deano!

Having Hammond, Cork and Morgan covering the two CM slots was critical to our promotion. I didn't think Hammomd had the pace to cope with the Championship, but his lack of it didn't show up at all, which meant we weren't weakened at all when he came in as cover or on as sub. I think Adkins was right to bring Davis in to replace him as I think the Prem is a step too far, but happy to see him get a decent move.

Players from that double promotion side will possibly become legends in time. And he will be one of them.

If I were a Championship club with any kind of cash, I'd have been straight out this summer to sign Hammond, Sharp and possibly even Barnard. All will do a cracking job at the SBC level. Add to that Chaplow and Reeves and you could have a good team using our cast offs this summer.

I'm surprised they've taken so long to shift, even taking their wages into account. Sharp next, not sure where he'll end up though.

If I were a Championship club with any kind of cash, I'd have been straight out this summer to sign Hammond, Sharp and possibly even Barnard. All will do a cracking job at the SBC level. Add to that Chaplow and Reeves and you could have a good team using our cast offs this summer.

I'm surprised they've taken so long to shift, even taking their wages into account. Sharp next, not sure where he'll end up though.

Can't see why you would want Barnard. He profitted from being in a good squad and at Bournemouth and Oldham he has looked very ordinary. When his contract expires (eventually) I could see him back at Southend, Freddy Eastwood style.

Can't see why you would want Barnard. He profitted from being in a good squad and at Bournemouth and Oldham he has looked very ordinary. When his contract expires (eventually) I could see him back at Southend, Freddy Eastwood style.

He's not a player to set the world alight but he is a good poacher at lower level. Scored goals for us and Southend and while he didn't bang tons in for his last two teams he still got a few. I reckon Southend will probably be his destination too, but he did a lot to get us out of League One. Certainly more than Forte, who'll be remembered for one thing...

He's not a player to set the world alight but he is a good poacher at lower level. Scored goals for us and Southend and while he didn't bang tons in for his last two teams he still got a few. I reckon Southend will probably be his destination too, but he did a lot to get us out of League One. Certainly more than Forte, who'll be remembered for one thing...

Football is a funny game... Barnard scored the winner in that game, yet because it was such a surprise... Forte gets the attention!

Very big player for us in our rise, his contribution should never be forgotten. All those years in the championship we were crying out for leadership in the middle, he finally gave us what we were crying out for.

Don't have a bad word to say about the lad and this is a great move for him.