Poch to leave at end of the season?

jasoneuelllfanclub

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tuttomercatoweb.com%2Feuropa%2Fesclusiva-tmw-southampton-pochettino-a-fine-stagione-possibile-addio-516820

EXCLUSIVE TMW - Southampton-Pochettino, at the end of the season as possible farewell

08/01/2014 10.00 Alessio Alaimo Twitter: @ alaimotmw article read 1753 times

Six months and then say goodbye. Mauricio Pochettino at the end of the season can leave Southampton. The coach would like a change of scenery, difficult for the president Nicola Cortese decides to try to restrain him. In June, probably, the streets will separate. At the moment, however, no confirmation on the items that drew him to Tottenham was an idea a little 'time ago, but the idea is to retain the Spurs Sherwood.

Gutted if true.

Tuttomercato Web is just a never ending stream of sh!t, just think Glasgow and Bazza on a big scale.
Would be a pretty random thing for them to make up though? Especially in the middle of the transfer window when they're not short of other things to speculate on.

Tuttomercato Web is just a never ending stream of sh!t, just think Glasgow and Bazza on a big scale.

The same never ending stream of **** that broke the Ramirez and Lovren deals and revealed the links to Astori, Nainggolan etc. Well connected italian journos post on there. They wouldn't just make this up without some snippet of info from somewhere IMO.

Ridiculous timing for something like this to come out

It is bad timing, but is this being driven by mopo or NC?

1) NC cant be happy with recent form

2) NC originally wanted Roberto Di Matteo however RDM is still getting 100-130k per week from Chelsea and would lose that if he took another job! That contract however ends in June meaning RDM will be looking for another job.....

3) Coincidence?

who do we want for next manager? i would get a manager with champions league experience like Harry Redknapp or Avram Grant.

Yeah but they wouldn't come here, not after working for the bestest club in the world this would be such a huge letdown... I'm hoping for Nigel Worthington.

Seriously if Poch leaves it will be on NC's terms. 'So you think you can just leave us, Mr Pocchetino?'

According to these an Italian website Poch wants change of scenery and will leave in June. He was interested in Spurs job when they were looking for new manager.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/esclusiva-tmw-southampton-pochettino-a-fine-stagione-possibile-addio-516820

Will he last that long? On current form he may not. It is also extremely doubtful that Nicola Cortese is asleep at the wheel and his usual meticulous planning will surely include the possibility of Pochettino not being here for ONE reason or ANOTHER after this season.

Lots of scope for speculation now of course but we have learned that NC does not necessarily hold a list of phone numbers of the usual suspects in his inside pocket, as likely as not a replacement for Pochettino will be yet another left field choice and more than probable that the FIFA World Cup in Brasil will be the place to look for likely candidates.

Just hope this load of cr ap doesn't have the Strachan announcing he was leaving. This is all we need as we get closer and closer to the bottom three. Someone/some people must really have it in for us to spread such nonsense.

The same never ending stream of **** that broke the Ramirez and Lovren deals and revealed the links to Astori, Nainggolan etc. Well connected italian journos post on there. They wouldn't just make this up without some snippet of info from somewhere IMO.

This forum???

2) NC originally wanted Roberto Di Matteo however RDM is still getting 100-130k per week from Chelsea and would lose that if he took another job! That contract however ends in June meaning RDM will be looking for another job.....

Think I missed that. Can you provide a link where NC states this? Thanks.

It's unlikely he was going to stay for years and years but I would like to think he would still be here this time next season.

But I think it makes massive sense for managers to jump when their stock is high rather than hang around to get sacked.

So if he goes in the summer he's likely to get a decent job elsewhere (not an amazing job - he ain't going to Real Madrid on the back of a midtable finish with Saints). What will be will be.

If Cortese wants to turnover managers quickly, as he has done since day one then he can only expect to be turned over himself one day.

Seeing as it appears he's been sussed out by opposition managers, I wont collapse in a flood of tears if this happens...

And I would trust NC to have a candidate in mind.

The real challenge now is to ensure this season doesnt go down the Swannee...

Edited by alpine_saint

It is bad timing, but is this being driven by mopo or NC?

1) NC cant be happy with recent form

3) Coincidence?

Yep, i would back Roberto Di Matteo heavily to be our next manager. NC wanted him before.

Edited by skintsaint
stop trying to start arguements etc.

I'd have our Nige back in a heartbeat, he's been shat on by Readings illusive owner who once again offered no funds (First with McD in the prem) and has ruled himself out of the West Brom job despite it being perfect for him. He has allready agreed to take over in June/July.... We all know NC lines up replacements in advance after all!

Maybe they noticed that Jesus Perez has been doing more of the videos and interviews recently ;)

Maybe they noticed that Poch is being forced to play crap players because he doesn't have anything better available, I mean I'd probably jack it in if I had to play Fox,Jos,Gazza or Davis on a regular basis, professional pride and real desire to progress cannot be put aside too easily.

Don't believe everything the media writes.

Only a couple of weeks ago MP said he and NC get along very well and had xmas dinner together. That was following reports they don't get along.

Its b0llocks.

of course it is; just like Lambert leaving for West Ham or Shaw being worth 20 million.

Is MP just employing a well used NC tactic of talking to the press to losen the purse strings.

As some one already mentioned that football is slowly getting itself in the situation that managers will leave while their stock is high so as to not risk a down turn in fortunes. The lower divs are littered with mangers who where the next big thing; Phil Brown, Alan Little, Aidy Bothroyd, Peter Taylor.

Is MP just employing a well used NC tactic of talking to the press to losen the purse strings.

As some one already mentioned that football is slowly getting itself in the situation that managers will leave while their stock is high so as to not risk a down turn in fortunes. The lower divs are littered with mangers who where the next big thing; Phil Brown, Alan Little, Aidy Bothroyd, Peter Taylor.

Alan Little??

don't really believe any of it for one minute but if he's out of contract anyway he may really want to try to find a club with genuine CL possibilities. AC Milan will be looking for a new coach in the summer I think, their man is retiring at the end of the season. Just cannot help thinking that our recent results due to having to use crap players may have been a severe disappointment to Mauricio, perhaps he thinks the clubs "youth first policy" is holding him back, I certainly do..

perhaps he thinks the clubs "youth first policy" is holding him back, I certainly do..

if it weren't for the youth policy he wouldn't be able to sign great players like Osvaldo. There was article bout it in the papers, we could only afford Osvaldo cos of the money we saved not having to buy new right backs (cos of chambers)

don't really believe any of it for one minute but if he's out of contract anyway he may really want to try to find a club with genuine CL possibilities. AC Milan will be looking for a new coach in the summer I think, their man is retiring at the end of the season. Just cannot help thinking that our recent results due to having to use crap players may have been a severe disappointment to Mauricio, perhaps he thinks the clubs "youth first policy" is holding him back, I certainly do..

This assumes the youth first policy is 1) forced upon him; 2) something that he did not know about it until after he took the job. Evidence?

This assumes the youth first policy is 1) forced upon him; 2) something that he did not know about it until after he took the job. Evidence?

No real evidence, it's just a speculation thus the use of the word "perhaps". However being forced to use Davis,Gazza, Jos and Fox instead of obtaining correct replacements at the opportune moment, ie last summer, indicates to me that something isn't quite right. None of those players should be anywhere near a PL side so why are they still here and being used. Also why did mauricio recently say that he had all the replacements he needed from the academy when he clearly didn't. I mean that's something that you'd just not say if you had any choice at all in the matter. We have no viable CBs in the academy, if we had we'd have used them by now, we have no replacement LB in the academy either, if we had Fox wouldn't be playing every 3 or 4 games or so.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I very much doubt this has the slightest bit of truth to it as cortese has long term plans for MP why would he walk away now? we really are a laughing stock when it comes to the turnaround of managers id be surprised if any club has had as many different managers as us in a short time period! other clubs must be ****ing themselves

I very much doubt this has the slightest bit of truth to it as cortese has long term plans for MP why would he walk away now? we really are a laughing stock when it comes to the turnaround of managers id be surprised if any club has had as many different managers as us in a short time period! other clubs must be ****ing themselves

Chelsea?

He dealt with a much much worse situation at Espanyol.

Chelsea? Man City? Portsmouth?