Poch to leave at end of the season?

jasoneuelllfanclub

Is he any good anyway?? Has he managed a club long enough to prove himself? Other than having a group of "managers" in Drogba, Terry and Lampard help him win the Champions League!? Am I being too harsh on him?

No its a fair assessment, didn't do much at WBA really and like you say got an underperforming group of players to play together by letting the senior players do what they want. For whatever reason Cortese wanted him though and one of things he has got spot on is managerial appointments so must have something he liked.

No its a fair assessment, didn't do much at WBA really and like you say got an underperforming group of players to play together by letting the senior players do what they want. For whatever reason Cortese wanted him though and one of things he has got spot on is managerial appointments so must have something he liked.

Weren't they bezzy mates as kids or something??

And swap them for the delights of Tottenham High Street?

But tbf, which Spurs player/manager is gonna live anywhere Tottenham? But London is just about the only city in this country that is a desirable destination for rich foreign football folk...and more likely, the wife and family stuck at home.

And swap them for the delights of Tottenham High Street?

Nah, he's not going to Spurs. Not big enough, not successful enough. If Sherwood fails they'll get some old hand in.

Could see him at somewhere like Porto, build his reputation with a tilt at a league title and some guaranteed European action. Either that or second tier Spanish club. (by second tier I mean like Villareal, not second division).

Edited by CB Fry

I'm fairly sure that Tuttomercatoweb were the first to report Pochettino coming here to replace Adkins, before the British press got wind of it.

The first websites to report that Pochettino was being lined up for the Saints job were these two (about a week before the UK press):

http://www.intereconomia.com/noticias-/punto-pelota/pochettino-se-reunio-southampton-20130109

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/01/11/southampton-mooted-as-possible-destination-for-former-espanyol-coach-mauricio-pochettino/76854/

Avram is widely and rightfully ridiculed for his time at Pompey and WHU...... I can understand why.

However his win % during that time is almost identical to mopos :nod: :eek:

Avram did get Pompey to an FA cup final too ;)

It's not Mo Po, Gladys Go.....don't respond to this clown, even though I have.

Since everyone seems to care about career win ratios...

Di Matteo = 51.41%

Mopo = 33.33%

People on here love stats, except when they dont suit them.

I wonder what their stats would be in the percentage only included wins against teams with 3 or less English players in the side whose name includes the letter D, S, R, P or T and the club was formed between 1893 and 1901.

People on here love stats, except when they dont suit them.

I wonder what their stats would be in the percentage only included wins against teams with 3 or less English players in the side whose name includes the letter D, S, R, P or T and the club was formed between 1893 and 1901.

mods pls edit this post, i find it argumentative. tks.

MP: "If we paid attention to every single report that came out in Italy we'd probably go mad... there's no principle, no basis to it, no validity to it. I am happy here, of course. There haven't been any talks about an extension to the contract (here) but the moment that does happen I will answer that question"

Edited by trousers

MP: "If we paid attention to every single report that came out in Italy we'd probably go mad... there's no principle, no basis to it, no validity to it. I am happy here, of course"

Accompanied by quite genuine and spontaneous laughter from both translator and MP!

MP: "If we paid attention to every single report that came out in Italy we'd probably go mad... there's no principle, no basis to it, no validity to it. I am happy here, of course"

exactly, see post 4. Think of Tuttomercato as a sewage plant, I mean if you really sift through all the crap all day,every day then you'll probably find a diamond ring that someone dropped down the crapper by mistake.

Edited by Window Cleaner

At last, someone has posted something really original and sensible. Yep, let's sack another Manager and let's do it mid-season...it's a NO BRAINER! I'm really impressed Glasgow.

Keep up! Nobody's suggesting sacking our manager, it's what happens if he buggers off at season's end and leaves us in the lurch.

There's an article on the BBC website where Poch denies the rumours and says he's staying.

If its the same article as I've just read then this is not the most emphatic denial I've ever seen:

Pochettino, who arrived on 18 January last year, has been linked with a move to Italy, but also brushed off those reports.

"There are so many rumours coming out of Italy that if we listened to all of them we would go mad," he said.

Now that's a bit better:

After laughing off the initial suggestion, Pochettino confirmed that he is not unhappy at Southampton, and he does not understand the basis of the report, saying:

“They have no foundation. I am happy here, of course.”