Poch to leave at end of the season?

jasoneuelllfanclub

He dealt with a much much worse situation at Espanyol.

And ended up getting sacked, perhaps he doesn't want that to happen again. Probably absolutely no truth in it at all but I could see why he'd walk away if he doesn't get what he wants in the way of players in the summer window. No manager would want to face an injury crisis lke the one we've had of late twice in 2 years and have to turn to the sort of crap that Mauricio has had this season.

No real evidence, it's just a speculation thus the use of the word "perhaps". However being forced to use Davis,Gazza, Jos and Fox instead of obtaining correct replacements at the opportune moment, ie last summer, indicates to me that something isn't quite right. None of those players should be anywhere near a PL side so why are they still here and being used. Also why did mauricio recently say that he had all the replacements he needed from the academy when he clearly didn't. I mean that's something that you'd just not say if you had any choice at all in the matter. We have no viable CBs in the academy, if we had we'd have used them by now, we have no replacement LB in the academy either, if we had Fox wouldn't be playing every 3 or 4 games or so.

I agree about the lack of "soon to be ready" CBs in the academy, but I thought his quote about January was more along the lines that we have lots of good players coming through and just dont plan to buy anyone. Thats not quite the same - and FWIW i personally think we will buy a CB at least, whatever answer was given to the journos

I agree about the lack of "soon to be ready" CBs in the academy, but I thought his quote about January was more along the lines that we have lots of good players coming through and just dont plan to buy anyone. Thats not quite the same - and FWIW i personally think we will buy a CB at least, whatever answer was given to the journos

We'll just have to see how it pans out but as I say I get the impression that something isn't quite right just now.

We'll just have to see how it pans out but as I say I get the impression that something isn't quite right just now.

I dont think there is any money, and MP is expected to struggle along with what hes got. Despite me being utterly convinced that Ramirez should go, if only to fund a CB or GK, I doubt he will because it involves such a loss of face for NC.

And ended up getting sacked, perhaps he doesn't want that to happen again. Probably absolutely no truth in it at all but I could see why he'd walk away if he doesn't get what he wants in the way of players in the summer window. No manager would want to face an injury crisis lke the one we've had of late twice in 2 years and have to turn to the sort of crap that Mauricio has had this season.

It's possible yes but from what little I know of his situation at Espanyol the situation was on a different scale than at Saints. His better players were sold which I understand happens routinely at Espanyol and it seems the club doesn't or didn't have the means to buy (we do). He was much more reliant therefore on youth players and was at a club that seems to have been in a continual state of turmoil.

I dont think there is any money, and MP is expected to struggle along with what hes got. Despite me being utterly convinced that Ramirez should go, if only to fund a CB or GK, I doubt he will because it involves such a loss of face for NC.

Couldn't say but we won't get any money for Gaston in the January window, he obviously wants to return to Italy but they only want loans at this time of year. Look at the Nainggolan deal, 3 million € loan fee now and the 6 million € in the summer if he's good enough for the AS Rome, and this was being talked about as a 20 million £ player only last summer. I read yesterday that Inter have proposed to us a sort of never-never deal for Osvaldo as well, loan fee now and then the rest of the 15 million on credit over a couple of years, can't see us accepting that either..

Edited by Window Cleaner

Couldn't say but we won't get any money for Gaston in the January window, he obviously wants to return to Italy but they only want loans at this time of year. Look at the Nainggolan deal, 3 million € loan fee now and the 6 million € in the summer if he's good enough for the AS Rome, and this was being talked about as a 20 million £ player only last summer. I read yesterday that Inter have proposed to us a sort of never-never deal for Osvaldo as well, loan fee now and then the rest of the 15 million on credit over a couple of years, can't see us accepting that either..

Well, I have faith in NC, but it does seem to me he is flogging a dead horse keeping them both here for the rest of the season. Unless they both put in good World Cups we might get even less for them in the mid-term.

mopo can hardly moan about backing - he spent more than most in the summer and inherited a very very good squad + weve sold nobody. he's had it much easier than most prem managers.....

Don't think he has actually moaned ...

Honestly see this is usual tittle tattle and, if he does decide to go, we as a club should be okay. Let's not worry eh!

It is bad timing, but is this being driven by mopo or NC?

1) NC cant be happy with recent form

2) NC originally wanted Roberto Di Matteo however RDM is still getting 100-130k per week from Chelsea and would lose that if he took another job! That contract however ends in June meaning RDM will be looking for another job.....

3) Coincidence?

Awesome, I wanted Di Matteo last time anyway.

* cough cough *

I think this is pretty much crap, Im certainly glad that we gave him time, I agree now unless he involves some real work ethic to his obvious skill and quickly then he will have to go but if it were any of the kneejerkers on here he would have been gone after a month.

As per MoPo, itll be a real shame if he gors as clearly he is a talented coach, yes a few tweaks are needed but he seems like he is out of the pep school of studious and tactically able coaches. Nobody knows whats going on behind the scenes, Id suggest if there is any talk of leaving it could be to force replacements (as if that wasnt obvious that we need them) of course he could also generally think he cant deliver whats expected ?!

The Echo says

An Italian website has claimed that the Saints boss is likely to leave St Mary’s in the summer. The Daily Echo understands that the reports are inaccurate

Pochettino has consistently said he is happy at Saints, and reiterated that just a few weeks ago when he was linked with the vacancy at Tottenham.
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/10920975.Rumour_Mill__Even_Poch_linked_with__move_/

:facepalm:

You know better ?

What exactly points to us having no money?

You can't on the one hand complain that we are spending (relative to us historically) big money on players who you don't feel are contributing enough and then speculate that we have no money. In addition, we would be stripped of our main player assests and you would see little and no investment in infrastructure when in fact we see the opposite.

The evidence only points one way, and it isn't towards us having no money.

If Cortese wants to turnover managers quickly, as he has done since day one then he can only expect to be turned over himself one day.

This really. Also Cortese's micro management would be really wearing to work under. 18 months, repair your reputation and get out makes sense.

Edited by buctootim

His family probably still live in Spain, I could see it happening. Depends what his end goal was when he came here.

Or he could be looking for a (well deserved) pay rise.

pretty sure his family are living over here.

see him quite often with his son down st marys.

also, someone on here said his son plays for one of the youth teams.

Dig, your an intelligent chap, as much as I thought the same when I read the negatives ones post I decided I wasnt going to get dragged into a debate that he will never concede to no matter the level of evidence you throw at him.

Truth is none of us have any idea as to whether the Liebherrs May or may not wish to inject additional funds into SFC. We all speculate that they won't, and have no interest, but if NC has definitely no access to funds such as this, why did he state after voting AGAINST the recent decision to prevent 'sugar daddy' type investment being used to augment the playing squad, that we had voted against because;

a) it would be unfair on clubs joining the Prem, or only recently squiring a sugar daddy, not to be able to do what others have done before and thus have the advantage

b) many of the larger clubs have sugar daddy linked direct to club 'sponsors' so money comes in via the sponsorship route

There would seem little point in voting against that, if we never had any intention or access to funds used in this way?

where does all this crap come from

some skate or wum by anychance

this very thing was said when a snippet from nowhere came out about nigel going and an argie coming in

what would put all this to bed would be the announcement of a new contract for MP

Yep, i would back Roberto Di Matteo heavily to be our next manager. NC wanted him before.
where is the evidence that NC wanted DI Matteo? Nc keeps everything secretat the best of times and so I doubt he would undermine the new manager

where is the evidence that NC wanted DI Matteo? Nc keeps everything secretat the best of times and so I doubt he would undermine the new manager

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2238109/Roberto-Di-Matteo-set-Southampton-job.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/roberto-di-matteo-is-favourite-to-become-1455777

It doesn't appear there is any OldNick as Glasgow was going to provide it. There are a couple of newspaper articles with could, would, should, maybe, might, possibly, etc etc but no definitive statement from Cortese that he did want RDM it seems. Doesn't mean it wasn't the case, just that there isn't any evidence just a couple of journo articles.

I started reading that and didn't look at the date until I saw the 'struggling Southampton' bit.

Cortese wanted Di Matteo but he turned us down. Probably due to him still being payed out by Chelsea. I happen to know this is 100% true. I used to have a contact who was on the board at Chelsea who told me. People sneered and took the p*ss out of this at the time but it was true.

Edited by Turkish

It doesn't appear there is any OldNick as Glasgow was going to provide it. There are a couple of newspaper articles with could, would, should, maybe, might, possibly, etc etc but no definitive statement from Cortese that he did want RDM it seems. Doesn't mean it wasn't the case, just that there isn't any evidence just a couple of journo articles.

So al the stuff that's been in the mail over the last year is gospel truth, all positive stories, articles on the academy, things leaked to the media that put us In a good light, every word of it. All of it, except this, this is just an article by some journalist. What people want is a statement from Cortese telling the world he wanted Di Matteo as manager, this while Adkins was still in the job. Course that's going to happen. :lol:

Edited by Turkish

Cortese wanted Di Matteo but he turned us down. Probably due to him still being payed out by Chelsea. I happen to know this is 100% true. I used to have a contact who was on the board at Chelsea who told me. People sneered and took the p*ss out of this at the time but it was true.

Is he any good anyway?? Has he managed a club long enough to prove himself? Other than having a group of "managers" in Drogba, Terry and Lampard help him win the Champions League!? Am I being too harsh on him?