Villa Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

I've seen a lot of people saying Tadic is out...is that confirmed anywhere? I have literally seen no official sources stating it.

Not confirmed he is out. Was a Serbian report saying he had a minor knock to his knee and was excused from their second game which was a friendly and had come back here for treatment.

More of a hopfull post, I don't sopose anybody out there knows a bar in Lubeck in Germany that might be showing the game on Monday night? I'm not staying with a football fan and only have ipad for internet... Any sugestions muchly appreciated.

sportsnationHD have the game in ipad form

Didn't realise that Villa are potentially without Benteke, Delph, Baker, Vlaar, Senderos, Hutton

That's 6 first team players out. One of their CB's will be Okore, who hasn't ever played for them I don't think. But he was always highly rated..

Continuing with the good news theme (IMO), Hutton is expected to be fit. Mané could take him to the cleaners - if he stays wide.

From Villatalk

Southampton have also got a bit of an injury crisis for this one, they're down to the bares bones.

Where the hell did they get that idea or am I missing something?

PL Fantasy Football has Tadic, Davis and Schneiderlin as injured (75% likely to play) is all I can think of

Koeman: "Steven Davis doubtful for Monday (definitely wouldn't play if game was tomorrow). Hope Morgan will be fit for Monday but not fit enough to train today"

Komena refused to discuss Cork or Clyne contract situations in any detail, although he elaborated more on wanting Clyne to re-sign than he did about Cork.

On JRod: "Difficult so say when he'll be ready. Will only come back when he's 100% fit. Won't be hurried. Maybe January, maybe February"

Koeman: "Any rumours of getting Lambert back on loan are untrue."

On Tadic: "He's fit. Did a normal training session today. Will play on Monday"

On JWP: "He's doing well. Will hopefully be back in around 3 weeks, but again, won't be rushed back"

Edited by trousers

Koeman: "Steven Davis doubtful for Monday (definitely wouldn't play if game was tomorrow). Hope Morgan will be fit for Monday but not fit enough to train today"

Refused to discuss Cork or Clyne contract situations in any detail, although elaborated more on wanting Clyne to re-sign than Cork.

On JRod: "Difficult so say when he'll be ready. Will only come back when he's 100% fit. Won't be hurried. Maybe January, maybe February"

Koeman: "Any rumours of getting Lambert back on loan are untrue."

On Tadic: "He's fit. Did a normal training session today. Will play on Monday"

On JWP: "He's doing well. Will hopefully be back in around 3 weeks, but again, won't be rushed back"

Really wish I knew why the club don't seem to rate Cork don't think the lad has ever let us down.

Really wish I knew why the club don't seem to rate Cork don't think the lad has ever let us down.

I think he is rated.. but maybe he's seen as blocking Ward-Prowse and/or Reed so he will be sold on that basis. he's better than both as the moment so I would hope his contract is extended.

From that press conference, I reckon we'll line up as follows:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Cork Wanyama Schneiderlin

Mane Pelle Tadic

Subs: Davis, Gardos, Yoshida, Reed, Long, Mayuka, McQueen

Feels light in midfield with Davis unlikely to play, JWP already out, and Schneiderlin a slight doubt. I suppose Alderweireld can step up in there if required. The sooner we get JWP back, the better.

Koeman didn't rule out Davis or Schneiderlin being available but I guess those 3 would be the likeliest line up if Morgan and Davis fail to make it.

Well if Morgan and Steven aren't 100% I'd rather they sat out Villa (who by all accounts have a 1st team decimated by injuries) and be fully fit for the three games after. Plus I'd quite like to see Reed given a full run out.

Forster

Mane Pelle Tadic

Feels light in midfield with Davis unlikely to play, JWP already out, and Schneiderlin a slight doubt. I suppose Alderweireld can step up in there if required. The sooner we get JWP back, the better.

Harrison+Reed+Sunderland+v+Southampton+_fTWTC6HKS2l.jpg

Forster

Mane Pelle Tadic

Yeah we have really missed JWP

Damn. Just realised the Villa game's a Monday nighter. That's 4 am for me. Looks like I'm waiting yet another week of waiting to see Saints play. :(

On holiday in New Zealand. Game will be 9am Tuesday here. Big challenge will be finding a TV showing it, and then convincing my honeymooning bride to let me watch it