Villa Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Despite all the injuries they can still put out a pretty good side, on a par with their standard team last season.

N Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Weimann up top, they'll look to counter with pace. Just have to be patient, don't force it, and hopefully our class will tell come the final whistle. Pelle hasn't scored for a couple of games, so must be a shoe in to score tonight.

Didn't "their standard team last season" nearly get relegated?

A lot of people betting on villa tonight according to some tipsters.

I bet on Villa too. £10 at 19/4. As someone else said hopefully I'll look on it as a happiness tax at the end of the game, if not that's £57.50 back. Amazing odds for a team playing at home, even if they are coming up against an in form team!

Wow, he's going for it.. all four attacking players in the starting lineup. Last time out Cork replaced Davis when injured... this time it's more attack-minded. interesting.

Well I guess since Villa have so many injuries, and crucially to their defence, he's really wanting to exploit that. Though I have to say, whilst we're attack minded, we still have a solid f*ckin defense in there, the usual culprits.

I have to say, whilst this will be a tough game for sure, I will be dissapointed if we don't win this. Being 100% realistic, based on both team's pre-break form, their injuries and our fully fit squad (minus Davis), we should be able to win this, by hook or by crook, especially with Koeman at the reigns.

Come on Saints, you can do this! set us up nicely for next week against City!!! :D

To keep playing the way we've been playing we'd have Corky in for Davis, surely?

If Koeman thinks he can overpower Villa with offence (without much fear of their offence) he'd make the change he's made.

This is either going to go very well or very disappointingly, but we've seen no reason not to trust Koeman's judgment.

Aston Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Cleverley, Sanchez, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor ©. Substitutes: Given (GK), Bacuna, Cole, Richardson, Bent, Lowton, Grealish.

That would best be described as 'workman-like', is there anybody in that X1 who would get in our starting X1? (That's done it!)