Villa Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

Ron Vlaar has set down and looks injured, Stefan de Vrij set to come on. Aston Villa fans won't be best pleased.

Shame

Losing Benteke will help us a bit. Losing Vlaar would be massive for us. Still plenty of time til the game for cover though.

Villa really are terrible. We should expect to win this game quite comfortably....

I wouldn't expect to win any Premier League game comfortably, especially away from home. Just look at how close QPR and Leicester pushed us in our own back yard.

I'd put us down as favourites but I think any 'expectations' may come around to bite us on the arse.

Although Villa are terrible....Spurs and Liverpool aren't much better and we lost to them. If we play to our potential we will win. If we turn up and give less than 100% then we may still win but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. If we are going to be a top 4 team we need to win these types of games. Unfortunately I still can't bring myself to believe this isn't the Saints of old so I'm apprehensive about this game

He has actually been ok for them.... Which was surprising

Insomuch as anyone playing in a team that's lost 7 out of their last 8 games can be described as "OK" I presume. There are no good players in bad teams. Every player is eventually dragged down to the level of the mass.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Although Villa are terrible....Spurs and Liverpool aren't much better and we lost to them. If we play to our potential we will win. If we turn up and give less than 100% then we may still win but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. If we are going to be a top 4 team we need to win these types of games. Unfortunately I still can't bring myself to believe this isn't the Saints of old so I'm apprehensive about this game

TBF Liverpool really miss Sturridge and he played against us.

Insomuch as anyone playing in a team that's lost 7 out of their last 8 games can be described as "OK" I presume. There are no good players in bad teams. Every player is eventually dragged down to the level of the mass.

What about David Marshall? Was very good last year. In our first season in the Prem, Rickie, Lallana and Schneiderlin were all pretty good and we were in the bottom half the whole season, James McCarthy was great for Wigan in the year they went down, Charlie Austin has been good for QPR although they're struggling as a team, and as mentioned - our very own Matt le Tis....

What about David Marshall? Was very good last year. In our first season in the Prem, Rickie, Lallana and Schneiderlin were all pretty good and we were in the bottom half the whole season, James McCarthy was great for Wigan in the year they went down, Charlie Austin has been good for QPR although they're struggling as a team, and as mentioned - our very own Matt le Tis....

You can make a case for anyone who you think is a respectable performer but if their efforts do not improve the results of the team, ie W,L or D not whether they get beaten

1 nil or 10 nil, then their performances count for nothing because the team is in itself bad, be it because some of the players are bad or the manager doesn't have a dicky what he's doing or has failed to instill the correct team spirit in the players. Look at us last season, we were only as good at the end of the day as Gazzaniga and Jos at times.

What I believe we are seeing in the PL at the moment is a sort of equilibriation of "bad players", everybody gets enough money not to have donkeys all over the pitch although some teams haven't yet weeded out all of their crap.

You can make a case for anyone who you think is a respectable performer but if their efforts do not improve the results of the team, ie W,L or D not whether they get beaten

1 nil or 10 nil, then their performances count for nothing because the team is in itself bad, be it because some of the players are bad or the manager doesn't have a dicky what he's doing or has failed to instill the correct team spirit in the players. Look at us last season, we were only as good at the end of the day as Gazzaniga and Jos at times.

What I believe we are seeing in the PL at the moment is a sort of equilibriation of "bad players", everybody gets enough money not to have donkeys all over the pitch although some teams haven't yet weeded out all of their crap.

Yeah but you just said there are no good players in bad teams which is quite clearly nonsense. One player might not be responsible for the result of the team and it doesn't make them a bad player.

6 losses out of 7 actually, and 4 of those were in succession against Arse, Citeh, Chelski, and Everton. True, their two most recent losses were against shite teams (QPR and Spurs), but that could be because they were in a slump from their previous nightmare run. Most recently, an away draw against in-form Wham suggests that they could be pulling out of their slump. They did also start the season well, winning at Anfield for example.

I'm guessing if Schneiderlin and Davis are still injured then we'll see Reed get his chance to start, with Long in for Tadic if he doesn't recover.

Cork - Wanyama - Reed

Long - Pelle - Mane

You'd expect some of them to be fit though. Works in our favour that the game is on Monday actually.

I'm guessing if Schneiderlin and Davis are still injured then we'll see Reed get his chance to start, with Long in for Tadic if he doesn't recover.

Cork - Wanyama - Reed

Long - Pelle - Mane

You'd expect some of them to be fit though. Works in our favour that the game is on Monday actually.

Not enough creativity in that midfield IMO. If Tadic is fit then I'd put him in the centre, behind Pelle. He can be just as effective there I think was on the wing while Wanyama and Cork guard the back 4. That's if Morgan and Davis aren't fit of course.

Cork - Wanyama - Reed

Long - Pelle - Mane

This highlights the idiocy and naivety of not signing Cork on a permanent contract - who would be in if Cork wasnt here

This highlights the idiocy and naivety of not signing Cork on a permanent contract - who would be in if Cork wasnt here

Totally agree. Although how many teams who play a midfield three could boast the depth we have in that position?

Davis - Wanayama - Schniederlin

JWP - Cork - Reed

Cork - Wanyama - Reed

reed

Have we got two Reeds now? Excellent.

harrison reed. ffs

CWD's line-up already had Reed in it.