Villa Build Up Thread

Wiggles31

From that press conference, I reckon we'll line up as follows:

Forster

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Cork Wanyama Schneiderlin

Mane Pelle Tadic

Subs: Davis, Gardos, Yoshida, Reed, Long, Mayuka, McQueen

Feels light in midfield with Davis unlikely to play, JWP already out, and Schneiderlin a slight doubt. I suppose Alderweireld can step up in there if required. The sooner we get JWP back, the better.

Would people start Mane or Long tomorrow? Either would be a good option, but just thought it's an interesting question that hasn't really been discussed on here from what I can see.

I was really bored at word so I started reading an Arsenal forum to see how angry they were about yesterday's result. The majority want Wenger out, and there is a discussion that they think we are about the best chance of stopping them getting into the Champions League (which apparently would see Wenger leave). A couple want us to win and open up a 12 point gap on them! Madness; but great fun!

I don't like it but the odds are so good I've had a sneaky insurance bet on Villa to win. I don't think they will. I think we have enough about us to see them off in style, and am more than ready to say goodbye to me money. But it's there, just in case.

Having said that there's been a few times I've thought we'd slip up this season and haven't. None more so than at Swansea.

Would people start Mane or Long tomorrow? Either would be a good option, but just thought it's an interesting question that hasn't really been discussed on here from what I can see.

Assuming Mane is not fatigued, I would start him. I like Long but Mane gives you more dimensions. I also love having Long to bring off the bench after 65/70 mins - he is a complete nuisance to play against.

Of course, if Morgan and Davis are out, there is a case for playing Tadic centrally and having Long and Mane on the pitch.

Have we not even sold out the top tier allocation yet? Of about 1,500? Poor. Very poor.

Rush hour traffic on the M40

Getting home at 1am with work the next morning

£40 a ticket with another £50 in fuel a month before X-mas when it's on Sky for free.

Can't really blame people for not going to this one.

£40 a ticket with another £50 in fuel a month before X-mas when it's on Sky for free.

We're 2nd in the league. We managed to take over 2,000 to Stoke in the cup which most say is less important than the league. I know it wasn't going to be a huge turnout but not even selling out the initial allocation is poor.

We're 2nd in the league. We managed to take over 2,000 to Stoke in the cup which most say is less important than the league. I know it wasn't going to be a huge turnout but not even selling out the initial allocation is poor.

I'd be surprised if there is much more than 1000 there.

All true, I can't blame anyone for not going, but it is a reminder how far our support is off others towards the top of the Prem, same goes for Man City at home ticket sales. There isn't the same capacity and appetite for £40+ tickets as there are at the clubs we're competing with.

Personally feel like they are taking the p**s with the pricing for this one so I am refusing to pay it and I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same as me. £100+ all in for one person is obscene for Villa regardless of were we are in the league. If that makes me a poor fan then so be it.

All true, I can't blame anyone for not going, but it is a reminder how far our support is off others towards the top of the Prem, same goes for Man City at home ticket sales. There isn't the same capacity and appetite for £40+ tickets as there are at the clubs we're competing with.

And long may that lack of appetite continue! I'm not paying mental prices for 90 minutes of entertainment, I don't care what game it is.

Personally feel like they are taking the p**s with the pricing for this one so I am refusing to pay it and I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the same as me. £100+ all in for one person is obscene for Villa regardless of were we are in the league. If that makes me a poor fan then so be it.

Not unreasonable for them to pump up prices when the top 4 come to play. Every club does it.

We will loose this game. Possibly even lose it.

We just can't keep winning all the time!!

Either way, I will be working while the game is playing. I will have to rush out during my first work break and look at the final score on the interwebz.

I hate Monday night footy. It makes my bowels loose, then they lose control. (See what I did there, spelling morons?)

I don't like it but the odds are so good I've had a sneaky insurance bet on Villa to win. I don't think they will. I think we have enough about us to see them off in style, and am more than ready to say goodbye to me money. But it's there, just in case.

Having said that there's been a few times I've thought we'd slip up this season and haven't. None more so than at Swansea.

ha ha, my mate always has a small bet on saints to lose and calls it his happiness tax.

I'm extremely nervous about this game.

Win....and we remain in a great position and media and alike will still recognise how bloody well we have played and deserve our position.

Lose....and I can here the pundits stating our bubble has burst and it will be 'well done SFC for the brief entertainment but you are definitely on the slide with the forthcoming fuxtures'

I don't want the bubble to burst just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I reckon all tickets for TV fixtures should be half price, with the resulting drop in revenue being covered Sky or BT accordingly.

For many people £100 on a evening out in Birmingham just isn't an option. Not when it could be a choice between that and buying the kids X-mas presents.

Hi Yuki! Prepare yourself for disappointment :(

Can none of our other fine players tempt you? How about a Jack Cork? Would you like some Jack Cork?

There are a lot of people in Japan that follow Maya, he needs to play more games before the Asia Cup.

Yuki

Personally I reckon all tickets for TV fixtures should be half price, with the resulting drop in revenue being covered Sky or BT accordingly.

For many people £100 on a evening out in Birmingham just isn't an option. Not when it could be a choice between that and buying the kids X-mas presents.

Villa is 20 odd miles from my front door but there is no way on God's green earth that I'm paying those prices for a game live on TV.

I completely agree tickets are too expensive, I wouldn't blame people at all for having other priorities.

It's not £100 though, that's a slight exaggeration!

I completely agree tickets are too expensive, I wouldn't blame people at all for having other priorities.

It's not £100 though, that's a slight exaggeration!

£40 a ticket, £50 for a return drive to Brum. A pie, a pint, a Burger King at the services and parking will easily make up the rest. Even if you find someone to share a ride with you're still looking at £75

£40 a ticket, £50 for a return drive to Brum. A pie, a pint, a Burger King at the services and parking will easily make up the rest. Even if you find someone to share a ride with you're still looking at £75

£25 in the home end, £40 petrol in a car with reasonable consumption. Eat before you leave, park for free 10 minutes walk away. £4 pint at half time = £69.

Granted that's stilll a lot for one person to go to a game but its not hard to save money if you put in a bit of effort. Even cheaper still if you can stomach a bingo bus.

£25 travel on the coach. No reason to spend money on food/drink you would be doing anyway, unless you only eat at football. It is expensive for the ticket anyway.

£25 in the home end, £40 petrol in a car with reasonable consumption. Eat before you leave, park for free 10 minutes walk away. £4 pint at half time = £69.

Granted that's stilll a lot for one person to go to a game but its not hard to save money if you put in a bit of effort. Even cheaper still if you can stomach a bingo bus.

The ONLY reason I would want to go to this game instead of watching it on a warm comfy sofa is for the atmosphere and to cheer the team on. Sitting in silence, even if we score in order to avoid getting kicked out/head kicked in just isn't worth going at all for.

For me it would be away end or nothing. Even cost saving and with a fairly efficient car (baring in mind the traffic) you are going to spend at least £85 and be starving by the time you get home.

Apart from anything else think of the health impacts of eating an unessasary pie and pint, 1000 calories there, plus a Burger King, another 1000 calories. That's you're almost your daily allowance right there gobbled up by pure greed. Why not take a plastic bottle of water, free from the tap, make a chicken salad and eat that just before you set off and snack on nuts to avoid the urge to splash out out on unhealthy food. It'll save you around £15 not to mention what it'll save on your waist line. Get a pal to jump in and share the cost and we've knocked your £100 day out to around the £60 Mark and helped you avoid a heart attack.

Apart from anything else think of the health impacts of eating an unessasary pie and pint, 1000 calories there, plus a Burger King, another 1000 calories. That's you're almost your daily allowance right there gobbled up by pure greed. Why not take a plastic bottle of water, free from the tap, make a chicken salad and eat that just before you set off and snack on nuts to avoid the urge to splash out out on unhealthy food. It'll save you around £15 not to mention what it'll save on your waist line. Get a pal to jump in and share the cost and we've knocked your £100 day out to around the £60 Mark and helped you avoid a heart attack.

550w_ds_icons_mr_motivator_04.jpg

550w_ds_icons_mr_motivator_04.jpg

Yup, turks is the one with the trolley

;)

Sorry BFF

On another note Im surprised that there is any of the older generation still shopping in Sainsburys after their frankly abhorant advert which quite frankly glorified war and ****ed all over the graves of our brave veterans etc etc

Edited by Smirking_Saint

This kind of stuff is all possible for some people but not everyone.

Bingo bus - It saves money but you then have to get to St Mary's (or possibly Winchester/Eastleigh is the other pick up?) through rush hour traffic. That means leaving work even earlier which isn't an option for everyone.

Sure you can eat before you set off but again that will take some time and mean leaving work earlier. Then you're going from about 4pm to 1am without any food.

We can sit here splitting hairs over the finer details but it's different for every individual. Even if the bingo bus works out perfectly for you, and you go max. cost saving you're going to spend 5 hours sat on a coach, have to leave work early, get to bed after 1am and fork out £60. That just isn't everyone's cup of tea.

This kind of stuff is all possible for some people but not everyone.

Bingo bus - It saves money but you then have to get to St Mary's (or possibly Winchester/Eastleigh is the other pick up?) through rush hour traffic. That means leaving work even earlier which isn't an option for everyone.

Sure you can eat before you set off but again that will take some time and mean leaving work earlier. Then you're going from about 4pm to 1am without any food.

We can sit here splitting hairs over the finer details but it's different for every individual. Even if the bingo bus works out perfectly for you, and you go max. cost saving you're going to spend 5 hours sat on a coach, have to leave work early, get to bed after 1am and fork out £60. That just isn't everyone's cup of tea.

But this is the thing though isn't it. People keep saying we need to grow as a club. Now I don't blame anyone for not going but the classic lines of the price, the timing, the distance and the fact it's on telly are being used as why many won't go. Yet the clubs people are expecting us to compete with will sell out full allocations at these grounds season in season out and they've had years of being charged top whack and most of their games being shown and moved to strange times for telly, that's the reality of being a successful premier league club these days. The clubs people expect us to compete with can watch games with a cup if tea instead and have done for years, but they pack the away ends out all over the country week in week out.

Where? Footballorgin?

My Chinese cable package. Costs me the equivalent of £160 a year for TV and broadband internet, plus another £30 for Premier League football in high-definition. They have every game, with all of them stored until the next round of games. Only problem is that the commentary is Chinese, and they sometimes miss the first few minutes of games that don't involve the big teams, but otherwise it's good. When I think about what my brother-in-law pays every month for Sky back home …

Going on a coach would ruin the day for me, Cost cutting to see the game is a bit pointless as beers and travel is all part of the enjoyment. If you just purely want to see the game then cost cut and watch on TV.

Don't do nearly as many aways as used to but this one would have never been on my list anyway. Respect to anyone who travels to a Monday game though

My Chinese cable package. Costs me the equivalent of £160 a year for TV and broadband internet, plus another £30 for Premier League football in high-definition. They have every game, with all of them stored until the next round of games. Only problem is that the commentary is Chinese, and they sometimes miss the first few minutes of games that don't involve the big teams, but otherwise it's good. When I think about what my brother-in-law pays every month for Sky back home …

Factory jobs don't pay as well though so I hear.

Another healthier option would be to cycle to Birmingham. You would have to avoid the M42 though, which is always a highlight. Time to dig out the bicycle, or scooter.

But this is the thing though isn't it. People keep saying we need to grow as a club. Now I don't blame anyone for not going but the classic lines of the price, the timing, the distance and the fact it's on telly are being used as why many won't go. Yet the clubs people are expecting us to compete with will sell out full allocations at these grounds season in season out and they've had years of being charged top whack and most of their games being shown and moved to strange times for telly, that's the reality of being a successful premier league club these days. The clubs people expect us to compete with can watch games with a cup if tea instead and have done for years, but they pack the away ends out all over the country week in week out.

That's not really about how committed fans of those teams are - just hosw many of them there are. 3 years of champs league in a row and we'll have enough JCLs to make up the numbers. Also, see how long United have that sort of following if their current mediocrity continues.