REVEALED: 2015/16 home shirt

Saint-Armstrong

[video=youtube;xgxDFB-f6IU]

Thought it made sense to have a 'reveal' thread to save people trawling or taking a quick look for any news on the main board, then flicking away.

Fire up the 2016/17 long overdue pointless kit speculation thread!

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

Not going to lie tbh- slightly underwhelmed.

1) Adidas Logo in the centre- JUST WHY?!?! Looks awful IMO.

2) This is literally a carbon copy bar the badge, logo and collar of Sunderland/Stoke Kit- I was hoping for a more original kit- i.e. Retro Stripes, the way our 76 kit was, or even the 94/95... Just something a bit more original.

Oh well, it is what it is... I always buy one kit each year- let's hope the away kit is good!

I just don't buy into this 'climacool' boll*cks. Maybe these kits will be an improvement on our current kit- but I never had problems this season so meh.

(Posted this on other thread too)

As for the 2016/17 thread- that can wait till October time

Not going to lie tbh- slightly underwhelmed.

1) Adidas Logo in the centre- JUST WHY?!?! Looks awful IMO.

2) This is literally a carbon copy bar the badge, logo and collar of Sunderland/Stoke Kit- I was hoping for a more original kit- i.e. Retro Stripes, the way our 76 kit was, or even the 94/95... Just something a bit more original.

Oh well, it is what it is... I always buy one kit each year- let's hope the away kit is good!

I just don't buy into this 'climacool' boll*cks. Maybe these kits will be an improvement on our current kit- but I never had problems this season so meh.

(Posted this on other thread too)

As for the 2016/17 thread- that can wait till October time

Yeah it's very dull and the Adidas badge in the middle annoys my OCD head.

I just don't understand the whole template system. With so much money involved, how difficult is it to come up with something that has more variation than the collar and sleeves to two other teams in the league?

It should have been the Keegan shirt.

I'd love for us to make a permanent switch to the sash in all honesty.

How much will it cost ?

£50 as usual for adult. £40 for child I believe.

Taken from Official Site:

It's time for us to Show Your Stripes! Southampton Football Club has today unveiled its 2015/16 home shirt.

The classic red and white stripes returned this season and they’ll be back again with Official Technical Supplier adidas.

The stripes offer a traditional and clean look to the shirt and reflect the DNA of Saints.

Promoted by the club’s #ShowYourStripes campaign, there has been great excitement building around the launch of the new home shirt.

The rounded ribbed collar creates a halo effect, inspired by the club’s nickname, and white inserts at the bottom of the shirt offer a strong feature to balance the design.

Emblazoned across the middle of the shirt is Main Club Sponsor Veho, while the adidas logo sits proudly at the centre of the chest.

The shirt, which is of a standard adidas jersey fit, is armed with climacool performance technology, providing a breathable kit on the pitch.

It will be available in mini kits (2yrs, 3yrs, 4yrs), junior sizes (5-6yrs, 7-8yrs, 9-10yrs, 11-12yrs, 13-14yrs), and adult sizes ranging from small to XXXL in short-sleeve only.

The shirt will retail at £50 for adults and £40 for juniors. Mini kits (shirts and shorts) are priced at £40.

The home shirt will be available to buy in store at 9am on Friday 3rd July, with pre-orders beginning on Monday 1st June. You can register now to receive a reminder when pre-ordering commences by clicking here.

Details of the remainder of the home kit, away kit and the goalkeepers’ kits will be announced in due course.

All this "looks like Stoke, Sunderland, Exeter, Brentford....." stuff annoys me.

its a red and white striped shirt, we are not the only team that wear red and white shirts.

how did people get on years ago when shirts lacked sponsors names, brand makes and even club badges. That was when all red and white stripe shirts looked the same......because they were the same !!!

It's okay but I do prefer our current one, which has been my favourite kit since the Friends Provident days.

But on the whole, I'm not unhappy. Content with this shirt.

I hope we go back to yellow and blue away.

Is be quite partial to alternate red and white quarters or the sash.

But this one isn't bad. The quality of the present one is awful.

Is it naked on for the green and blue sash kit for the away shirt....I do hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody hell. You just can't please some people. Cry like **** when we ditch the stripes, then cry like **** when we get them back. I think it looks smart and I'll be getting one for my son.

My one wish is a yellow away.

All this "looks like Stoke, Sunderland, Exeter, Brentford....." stuff annoys me.

its a red and white striped shirt, we are not the only team that wear red and white shirts.

how did people get on years ago when shirts lacked sponsors names, brand makes and even club badges. That was when all red and white stripe shirts looked the same......because they were the same !!!

Quite.

Especially when there is no Stoke shirt that looks quite like this, even though it's a bit lacking in black... again.

Anyway, I like it.

Edited by The9

Great' date=' Stoke's kit from 13-14. Can't see that took Adidas long to design. Looks ok, I s'pose.[/quote']

That has a collar, a v-neck, a big chunk of white on the sleeves, has different shaped shoulder/sleeve panels which show more of the stripes (which are slightly narrower on the Saints shirt), stitching effect and cuffs. Also, the badge is on the red stripe not overlapping two stripes.

380938618890_1.jpg

Southampton-Adidas-Shirt-2015-16.jpg

Plus we wear black shorts, not white, and have red socks, not white (at the moment).

Also not sure why it's an issue, they don't even wear adidas any more.

Edited by The9

I guess that's why there wasn't £50 price tags.

You could buy a new car for under £500 then, so I'm not surprised.

Ten grand for a mini nowadays, not sure I'd pay £1000 for a shirt.

Edited by The9

Yes, but are they going to be big enough? I had to buy my 10 year old grandson an adult size and even then it was tight.

Of the last adidas ones or last season's ridiculously wrong-sized own-brand shirts? The home shirt is Climacool, which is the standard fit of the last adidas home shirt (the crappy red/gold one).

Of the last adidas ones or last season's ridiculously wrong-sized own-brand shirts? The home shirt is Climacool, which is the standard fit of the last adidas home shirt (the crappy red/gold one).

This was last season so they must have been the own-bland. Even my 2-year old grandson had to have a youth's size.

This was last season so they must have been the own-bland. Even my 2-year old grandson had to have a youth's size.

My 2 year old nephew's head was too big for the Small Youth's shirt, but fitted into the 2-3 years one nicely. Something to do with measurements for kids' clothes and head sizes. Though he does have a massive noggin.

And yeah, this season's shirts were pretty notoriously 2 sizes too small.

Why are there no proper pictures of it. Just a video and poor quality pic of ward prowse.

Judging by the video, the unveiled shirt doesn't have any adidas size printing inside it or a label (not that they have labels usually now) so I'm guessing there are very few of the actual shirts made at the moment and there could just be one doing the rounds for all the media.

I haven't seen the back of it yet, and though the leak shows it's striped on the back too, the spectre of the Europa League might have led the club to rethink that.

Also, they're not selling it for 6 weeks, they have to have something to lure you back in with nearer the time.