Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Di Maria to PSG. Has to be seen as a bit of a failure at Man Utd considering the money they paid.

about even isn't it?

£59m for 4 year contract is £15m a year. Getting £45m back seems OK. I know a little simplistic but....Also, he was useful for Man Utd to show that they were serious players with the cheque book.

I'm not sure it's a great signing. Scored 4 times and 3 assists in 19 games the Greek League. He's nearly 30 and has a pretty poor injury record. Not sure if this is backup to Yarmolenko or not.

Doesn't matter - he's ex-Barcelona which is Stoke's main criteria these days.

West Ham Chairman's Son:

@jsullivanwhu: Transfer update - We are struggling on most of our main transfer targets, but we expect some

progress before the start of the season!

Makes our "don't comment on speculation" approach look very wise and professional (legal action threat leaks apart).

West Ham Chairman's Son:

@jsullivanwhu: Transfer update - We are struggling on most of our main transfer targets, but we expect some

progress before the start of the season!

Makes our "don't comment on speculation" approach look very wise and professional (legal action threat leaks apart).

I love his transfer updates - That's my new favourite.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Adebayor, Chiriches & Soldado have not travelled with #THFC to Denver. Neither have Lennon & Townsend...

^ Spurs are going to have to go on a hell of a recruitment drive if they sell all this lot aren't they?

Fair play to Stoke their transfer policy since Hughes has come in has been very good

If I was a Stoke fan, after being liked with Konopolyika, Shaqiri, yarmolenko, Moses and ending up with Iffelay I'd feel rather deflated. Very much in the same mold as Elia, promised a lot, but has never delivered really. Injuries haven't helped, as he's had a few bad ones over the years. But it's a bit of a risk, not a ''big name'' signing in my eyes.

Fair play to Stoke their transfer policy since Hughes has come in has been very good

Is it a good signing? Seems about a par with Elia.

I'm not sure it's a great signing. Scored 4 times and 3 assists in 19 games the Greek League. He's nearly 30 and has a pretty poor injury record. Not sure if this is backup to Yarmolenko or not.

For a free transfer it's a pretty good signing IMO

SAKO HAVING BAGGIES MEDICAL

West Brom are closing in on former Wolves attacking midfielder Bakary Sako, 27, according to Sky sources, with the player currently at the Baggies' training ground undergoing a medical.

West Brom boss Tony Pulis almost signed the Mali international in the January transfer window.

They've been playing football manager.

Wonder if he's actually good. Very modest goal record in a very average league. And huge pressure to deliver. They've made a few signings now, think they'll have enough to stay up, just, without being spectacular. If Gueye isn't good then their central midfield is utter dross. Likewise if Richards doesn't find some form again with the central defence.

Swansea got the better brother.

If Wolves are in selling mode I'd still love to get Afobe as back up to Pelle. Perfect for us, has the potential, young and wouldn't expect to come and start every week, but I think he needs a shot at the top flight soon. But maybe we have higher hopes for Gallagher.

I 'think' Sako is out of contract, his wage demands have held up any deal until now though (it was reported he wanted upwards of 80k p/w). I can't see WBA paying those, so he's obviously lowered his demands!

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Adebayor, Chiriches & Soldado have not travelled with #THFC to Denver. Neither have Lennon & Townsend...

^ Spurs are going to have to go on a hell of a recruitment drive if they sell all this lot aren't they?

Townsend, decent player. Would love him down here...

Anyone else bored of "mind games" in the build up to the season.

Just a listening to Alan Brazil going on about how much of a genius Jose mourinho is for saying arsenal are trying to buy the title and how he gets under the skin of Benitez and wenger. Oh what a genius.

Really??????

I am amazed Chelsea get away with anything about suggesting another club may try to buy anything. Also, is Jose really a "genius"???

Anyone else bored of "mind games" in the build up to the season.

Just a listening to Alan Brazil going on about how much of a genius Jose mourinho is for saying arsenal are trying to buy the title and how he gets under the skin of Benitez and wenger. Oh what a genius.

Really??????

I am amazed Chelsea get away with anything about suggesting another club may try to buy anything. Also, is Jose really a "genius"???

It's strange you don't like it when you are the low rent forum version of Mourinho.

oh I get it this is part of your mind games, you are good.

If you listen to the likes of Alan Brazil then thats the type of **** to expect. There is much better football chat out there, and without Selco, Tradepoint and trophiesandmedals.com adverts too.

Talksport exists for the lowest common denominator, plus allowing Terry the Cabbie from Romford to phone in each week about West 'am.

If you listen to the likes of Alan Brazil then thats the type of **** to expect. There is much better football chat out there, and without Selco, Tradepoint and trophiesandmedals.com adverts too.

Talksport exists for the lowest common denominator, plus allowing Terry the Cabbie from Romford to phone in each week about West 'am.

not a great deal else on regarding sport at 0700 in the morning.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/594475/Exclusive-Dimitar-Berbatov-Aston-Villa-Transfer-News

Berbatov and Adebayor. Could be good, could be an absolute disaster.

I remember Berbatov looking "shot" when we beat Fulham a couple of seasons ago - I can't see him contributing much to Villa's cause at this stage of his career. Adebayor though could be a handful - he always seems to play well against us.

Except that Terry from Romford in normally a Liverpool fan......

VILLA IN ADVANCED TALKS WITH GESTEDE

There's more on the news of Aston Villa's reported chase of Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede.

Sky sources understand the two clubs are in advanced talks over the sale ofGestede.

The player’s expected to undergo a medical at Villa in the next 24 hours.

Connor Wickham on his way to discuss personal terms with Palace.

£9m fee agreed, apparently.

Not the best signing at the price, in my opinion. He's looked pants for Sunderland, but then hasn't everyone? Could be a good move I guess.

Surprised they've managed to get £9m for him. Isnt particularly gifted, and seems a bit of a tosser.

think that's a bit harsh. He's never had a proper run really and has moments of genius. If he gets it together at Palace he could easily be a 15 per season striker which is what they need.

think that's a bit harsh. He's never had a proper run really and has moments of genius. If he gets it together at Palace he could easily be a 15 per season striker which is what they need.

"Easily"?

Last season only 5 players scored 15 or more Premier League goals...

Aguero

Costa

Kane

Austin

Sanchez

15+ Premier League strikers are rare.

Edited by Matthew Le God

"Easily"?

Last season only 4 players scored 15 or more Premier League goals...

Aguero

Kane

Austin

Sanchez

15+ Premier League strikers are rare.

Indeed, which is why Mane, IMO is a ridiculously good each way (1/4 odds in top 4) bet for Premier League top scorer at 100-1. He could get 15 goals f'sure.

He didn't say only prem league goals...there are cup competitions as well incase you didn't know.

Indeed. Mr Wrong is wrong again...

Its rare for someone to talk of a "15 goal striker" or "20 goal striker" etc and be referring to all competitions. Its generally a phrase for league competitions only, given the huge variation in both number of possible matches and standard of the opponent you play if you include all competitions.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Its rare for someone to talk of a "15 goal striker" or "20 goal striker" etc and be referring to all competitions. Its generally a phrase for league competitions only, given the huge variation in both number of matches a standard of the opponent you play if you include all competitions.

Not in my book, generally I talk about goals in all competitions.

Not in my book, generally I talk about goals in all competitions.

Or mine. Not sure where this "rare" business is coming from. Is that an opinion?

The variation in the number of games Saints could play this season is huge. It could be in the early 40's or close to 70.

A 20 goal striker who played 40 games has a lot better record than one played in 60+ games. A "20 goal striker" sounds good, but you need context on it which is why generally it is only used as a term for league games. Plus you then have the variation in standard of opponent, which is less if you only look at league games.

Its rare for someone to talk of a "15 goal striker" or "20 goal striker" etc and be referring to all competitions. Its generally a phrase for league competitions only, given the huge variation in both number of possible matches and standard of the opponent you play if you include all competitions.

I was referring to all Competitions. Back 5-10 years I would have agreed it meant the league, nowadays not so much - its very rare to get a 15/20 per season striker in the PL, as you pointed out.

The variation in the number of games Saints could play this season is huge. It could be in the early 40's or close to 70.

A 20 goal striker who played 40 games has a lot better record than one played in 60+ games. A "20 goal striker" sounds good, but you need context on it which is why generally it is only used as a term for league games. Plus you then have the variation in standard of opponent, which is less if you only look at league games.

Where is your proof for this bold claim? How can we be sure that the original poster meant this? Maybe he felt how Lorne and I do and you have rushed in with your wild assumptions. Silly boy.