Take a bow Jose

Saint Without a Halo

An absolute hero

He's a truly great player, up there with Paine, Channon and Le Tissier in the pantheon of all-time great Saints, in a less glanmorous position, but achieving more than all of them. It's good to still have football heroes, especially one so modest and unassuming.

All time Saints legend. Does that make him the first non English legend, not that it matters? What a story. What a season for also ranks, no hopers and johnies come lately. Eat your heart out so called superstars, the ordinary guy is gonna mug yer!

He's a truly great player, up there with Paine, Channon and Le Tissier in the pantheon of all-time great Saints, in a less glanmorous position, but achieving more than all of them. It's good to still have football heroes, especially one so modest and unassuming.

Let's be fair Paine did get a world cup winners medal as a squad member in 66 and also made the journey from the then Div 3 to division 1 with saints but that was almost 50 years ago to do so now where players move at the drop of a hat must be so much harder

Half the defence that won the Euros. Obrigado boys - especially you Jose. ****ing ledge.

Exactly - don't forget Cedric's part in this - really pleased for both of them. We need both to be part of our 1st 11 - Cedric will only get better and better!

He was intelligent enough to see that a step down to come to us at the time would result in an unbelievable step up:-promotion to championship>premiership>team captain>picked for country>Europa league>European Champions. That is what dreams are made of. Congratulations Jose and also to Cedric.

If i was Real Madrid i'd be looking at bringing Fonte in, him and Pepe were outstanding as a CB partnership. Would do a job for them for a couple of years.

Really hope it doesn't happen but wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo and Pepe putting in a good word for our captain

If i was Real Madrid i'd be looking at bringing Fonte in, him and Pepe were outstanding as a CB partnership. Would do a job for them for a couple of years.

Really hope it doesn't happen but wouldn't be surprised to see Ronaldo and Pepe putting in a good word for our captain

As good as he is and has legend status with us,I am pretty sure there is not a hope in hell Real will come for Fonte

To be honest we've created two amazing stories, almost Roy of the Rovers stuff in Fonte and Lambert, League One players going on to represent their countries, and then Fonte going on to win the European Championship, it's amazing.

Classic quote from the comments section on that link...

"He played last night, didn't he? I think he was extremely competent, resilient and effective. I don't know who he plays for at the moment but to have him (ready made) alongside Kolselny would be great."

:mcinnes: