Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

Its fine mate , Always Sfc seems to get free reign to act as the forum police . The moderators on here do an utterly terrible job of moderating .

Its one rule for the self important knob and another for everyone else

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks Kermit for the vote of support, checked my email and can't find any posts you have reported. Anyway, I came on this thread to see if there had been any interesting news on takeover. I will now spend later this evening deleting anything that isn't related to the topic. Think we might be at about 3 pages by the time I finish.

Thanks Kermit for the vote of support, checked my email and can't find any posts you have reported. Anyway, I came on this thread to see if there had been any interesting news on takeover. I will now spend later this evening deleting anything that isn't related to the topic. Think we might be at about 3 pages by the time I finish.

There is little point emailing anyone . Anyone who spends any time on here is aware of the abuse Always dishes out to anyone he disagrees with even though the forum rules are against it .

If mods were serious about moderating then someone would have had a word ages ago .

There is little point emailing anyone . Anyone who spends any time on here is aware of the abuse Always dishes out to anyone he disagrees with even though the forum rules are against it .

If mods were serious about moderating then someone would have had a word ages ago .

you and Always SFC are as bad as one another. It's like you to seek each other out on every bloody topic. Why you cant just put each other on ignore I have no idea.

Also you should stop playing the victim card Always is a crushing bore but at least he has never called you a child molester which is about as low as you can go frankly.

you and Always SFC are as bad as one another. It's like you to seek each other out on every bloody topic. Why you cant just put each other on ignore I have no idea.

Also you should stop playing the victim card Always is a crushing bore but at least he has never called you a child molester which is about as low as you can go frankly.

Actually he posts much much more than I do . You don't know why I said what I said so do mind your business please .

Actually he posts much much more than I do . You don't know why I said what I said so do mind your business please .

But i do you and doddisalegend is right you did post that..

Sorry to the rest of you, i will now put this disgusting excuse for a human on ignore.

But i do you and doddisalegend is right you did post that..

Sorry to the rest of you, i will now put this disgusting excuse for a human on ignore.

Maybe because you were boasting about harrassing me until I left the forum . I said it to shut you up . It worked as intended

Here's a thought.......Anyone got any news on Lander?

You've come to the wrong place for that...

why not amuse yourself on Alpine's latest run like a seaside B&B thread and tick off the Saintsweb bingo phrases, participants and trolls! Everyone's a winner (except the club obviously).

Fantastic news St Chalet. I'm hoping there is some truth to the take over rumours as long as they have the funds and the will to see us push on

What do you want them to invest in which the current board haven't already, given the FFP prevents us from increasing our wage bill much above what it currently is?

I'm not too sure about FFP. Other sides of a similar size have higher wage bills than us but haven't been pulled by the authorities.

wasn't our commercial revenue smaller than Watford's a couple of seasons ago . I know the club have been working on improving that but that would have held us back in FFP terms compared to other clubs our size.

We don't really need new owners what saints need is a couple of Man U level sponsorship deals :D

If someone has a grip on this FFP can they please enlighten me as it seems totally unreasonable that even if we had the investment we cannot compete with the bigger boys because we are not allowed to use it to bolster the club.

I know that bigger clubs have much better revenues but their expenditure is far greater what with paying high fee's and salaries, saying that weren't Man city under FFP constraints recently?.

Apologies for being a dinlo.

If someone has a grip on this FFP can they please enlighten me as it seems totally unreasonable that even if we had the investment we cannot compete with the bigger boys because we are not allowed to use it to bolster the club.

I know that bigger clubs have much better revenues but their expenditure is far greater what with paying high fee's and salaries, saying that weren't Man city under FFP constraints recently?.

Apologies for being a dinlo.

From how I understand it, it basically stops someone coming in and creating a Man City or a Chelsea overnight through mega investment. But the clubs who were already up there, will stay up there, and the clubs who aspire to be up there will get left behind as they won't be allowed to compete.

I don't think there's anything fair about it personally.

From how I understand it, it basically stops someone coming in and creating a Man City or a Chelsea overnight through mega investment. But the clubs who were already up there, will stay up there, and the clubs who aspire to be up there will get left behind as they won't be allowed to compete.

surely, it is not fit for purpose. Did QPR actually get done for their financial mis-management?

also, what is to stop some stinking rich bloke, buying the club and then using another one of his companies to sponsor the shirt for an eye-watering amount?

surely, it is not fit for purpose. Did QPR actually get done for their financial mis-management?

also, what is to stop some stinking rich bloke, buying the club and then using another one of his companies to sponsor the shirt for an eye-watering amount?

Been thinking the same thing actually. If someone really wants to put money into the club, they should have enough money to be able to put it in via some kind of commercial sponsorship deal instead of/as well as direct investment. It's an obvious bending/breaking of the FFP rules but FFP itself doesn't appear to have been thought through very much so I'd be surprised if they had some sharp rule to prevent this approach.

Been thinking the same thing actually. If someone really wants to put money into the club, they should have enough money to be able to put it in via some kind of commercial sponsorship deal instead of/as well as direct investment. It's an obvious bending/breaking of the FFP rules but FFP itself doesn't appear to have been thought through very much so I'd be surprised if they had some sharp rule to prevent this approach.

Yeah- what if instead of virgin we had 'Liebherr' on our shirt on a £100m shirt sponsorship contract ;) ;) lol

Could you imagine haha- im guessing there'll be something stopping that from happening

What do you want them to invest in which the current board haven't already, given the FFP prevents us from increasing our wage bill much above what it currently is?

As others have said , the FFP I think is overstated and possibly even used as an excuse by our club .

Yeah- what if instead of virgin we had 'Liebherr' on our shirt on a £100m shirt sponsorship contract ;) ;) lol

Could you imagine haha- im guessing there'll be something stopping that from happening

Nothing stopping it but would be taxable, so you would lose a third minimum before you've started.

Nothing stopping it but would be taxable, so you would lose a third minimum before you've started.

You don't pay tax on income but profit-there wouldn't be any additional profit as you'd spend the additional income on wages.That would be the entire point of creating the income in the first place.

Having said that I have a vague recollection that there is a rule that states any sponsorship deal must be in line with market expectations to avoid any circumventing of the rules in this manner.

Well that sounds more unfair than I even thought it was, what a croc!

Heard from a normally reliable source that a deal has been agreed with Asian interests and a new club owner will be announced next month so, if true, it could be a few days or a few weeks away.

Purchase price mentioned has reduced significantly from what seemingly was a relatively high figure but is still substantial.

As someone who has been very grateful for what the Liebherrs have done for the club, I am very cautious about the possibility of new owners.

That said we are in a much better place now than during all the uncertain times leading up to the Liebherrs acquisition.

However on the downside, our collective aspirations are far higher now!!

Heard from a normally reliable source that a deal has been agreed with Asian interests and a new club owner will be announced next month so, if true, it could be a few days or a few weeks away.

Purchase price mentioned has reduced significantly from what seemingly was a relatively high figure but is still substantial.

As someone who has been very grateful for what the Liebherrs have done for the club, I am very cautious about the possibility of new owners.

That said we are in a much better place now than during all the uncertain times leading up to the Liebherrs acquisition.

We're one crap Chinese owner away from going right back there. Hopefully I'm wrong but I do not have a good feeling about this.

I heard from a very VERY reliable source that it was dead in the water as the Chinese don't have the money.

The FFP administrators may think that £100m isn't a realistic sponsorship value. Which it isn't.

I have to admit to being comforted by your post as you are generally on the money

I'm surprised by this. Does no-one remember Rickie Lambert not being on the away kit advert? :D

Suffice to say it was a well-known media source talking to a friend of mine in Prague.

I get the feeling that if that was viable then it would be being done by a fair few clubs. :)

Leicester did something fishy like this in their promotion season. Was being investigated, but it's gone quiet since I read this a while back

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

• 2 weeks later...