Morgan's head gone- Update: It has been re-attached

Chez

Who gives a flying f**k who said what to whom and when...NOBODY KNOWS!! This is all pedantic speculative nonsense.

The only thing that matters is Morgan signed a 4(?) year contract to play football for Saints. He's a contracted Footballer...he either plays or he watches others...whilst not collecting his wages.

How Morgan or Spurs thought he was going to be bought for £10m (Krueger) beggars belief. Now they have the stupidity to give us a by Monday ultimatum when we are saying he is not for sale. They really ought to be running a pawn shop. £30m might make us blink.

I think people are confused here.

Morgan had a meeting with the club in which he was told they weren't prepared to sell.

Ralph then did some press and reiterated that.

People are acting like the first Morgan heard of it was the press conference and that's incorrect.

Personally I'm glad the club are standing firm. Unlucky for Morgan (should've been Lovren or Chambers) but it's provided some backbone.

Why did the club grow some balls after Lovren had left . Those statements should have been made weeks before. I can see why MS seems to feel victimised. We set the precedent (ok Lets Be?) and now we have resentment

I'm sure our excellent ex manager knows exactly what he is doing trying to extract one of our players from our club

He knows exactly what he is worth and should now say to his new master that we should be paying top dollar .

But our ex manager will not stand up to his new lord and master .

Still I hope by the end of the season that our superb dedicated and loyal ex manager will no longer on the payroll of Mr Smug David levy

Might the problem also be that it is Spurs? Didn't someone (was it Guano2) say that we were going to refuse to do any business with Spurs?

When Pochettino left he was told not to even think about coming back for any players.

Just come across this on Morgan posted in Galaxy on May 8th. Despite his ambitions he admits he has another 3 years left on his contract and what he does doesn't depend on him.

I guess deep down he knows the club are right in keeping him to his contract. By confrontation he has done the very worse he could have done to get a move.

Morgan Schneiderlin targets playing for Champions League club

The 24-year-old midfielder believes his "visibility" will be enhanced if he competes in Europe and admits his future at Southampton FC remains undecided

Southampton midfielder Schneiderlin admits he is keen to progress his career by playing for a club who are competing in the Champions League.

The 24-year-old capped an impressive season at St Mary's with a call-up to France’s standby list for next month’s World Cup.

Schneiderlin has been linked with a move to Arsenal this summer and the Frenchman concedes his future remains undecided.

"For my progress and my visibility, it would be better to play for a club who play in the Champions League," he told reporters.

"I know there is a lot of speculation, but I still have three years on my contract, it does not depend on me. We'll see in the coming weeks."

Just come across this on Morgan posted in Galaxy on May 8th. Despite his ambitions he admits he has another 3 years left on his contract and what he does doesn't depend on him.

I guess deep down he knows the club are right in keeping him to his contract. By confrontation he has done the very worse he could have done to get a move.

Morgan Schneiderlin targets playing for Champions League club

The 24-year-old midfielder believes his "visibility" will be enhanced if he competes in Europe and admits his future at Southampton FC remains undecided

Southampton midfielder Schneiderlin admits he is keen to progress his career by playing for a club who are competing in the Champions League.

The 24-year-old capped an impressive season at St Mary's with a call-up to France’s standby list for next month’s World Cup.

Schneiderlin has been linked with a move to Arsenal this summer and the Frenchman concedes his future remains undecided.

"For my progress and my visibility, it would be better to play for a club who play in the Champions League," he told reporters.

"I know there is a lot of speculation, but I still have three years on my contract, it does not depend on me. We'll see in the coming weeks."

Yet he seems to want to go to Spurs a team unlikely to actually get Champions league football...

Yet he seems to want to go to Spurs a team unlikely to actually get Champions league football...

At the time of the article above Pochettino was still with Saints. There is no doubt Pochettino was behind Morgan wanting to go to Spurs.

The club should make him remove his twitter comment or else fine him 2 weeks wages. We can't be giving in all the time or we will have the same thing going on this time next year. We can't think short term all the time. I think he will test the clubs patience right up till the end of the transfer window. My gut feel is the club will only sell if the fans turn on him.

The club should make him remove his twitter comment or else fine him 2 weeks wages. We can't be giving in all the time or we will have the same thing going on this time next year. We can't think short term all the time. I think he will test the clubs patience right up till the end of the transfer window. My gut feel is the club will only sell if the fans turn on him.

Most of the comments currently are in favour of the club making an example of him by keeping him, stopping his wages if he won't play and seeing who blinks first. Also, if the fans are listened too, the majority opinion seems to be that if Schneiderlin is sold then Krueger's position is untenable after he drew the line in the sand and stated categorically that he was not for sale. Using the fans' opinions as an excuse to let him go won't wash. If the club had an alternative position that Schneiderlin could only be sold for a minimum £30 million and that was only to a club outside England, then I for one would accept that. But I would much prefer the club to make an example through him, taking a stand against players who think that they can go on strike and throw a strop to get out of contractual agreements that they were willing parties to signing.

Who gives a flying f**k who said what to whom and when...NOBODY KNOWS!! This is all pedantic speculative nonsense.

The only thing that matters is Morgan signed a 4(?) year contract to play football for Saints. He's a contracted Footballer...he either plays or he watches others...whilst not collecting his wages.

The trouble is all our players we have sold this summer were on contracts be it long or short, contracts amount to sweet fa and the players know it.

The club have finally decided to act hardball but have left it too late, the rot is already well set in and Morgan is obviously p*ssed that they now use him to make a stance.

I think there should be some sort of ruling where it hurts when a player wants to break his contract, i.e. no salary

It's an amazing coincidence that Morgan has only just opened a Twitter account within the last few months .

Why did the club grow some balls after Lovren had left . Those statements should have been made weeks before. I can see why MS seems to feel victimised. We set the precedent (ok Lets Be?) and now we have resentment

Cumulative effect of the other transfers. Disbelief with the first 4 turned into outright fury with the Chambers move, Schneiderlin was the one fit wantaway left. Nothing but unfortunate timing for him.

Also, it hasn't been stated (Krueger has said FFP had nothing to do with it, but he also said we didn't need to sell anyone and then all but apologised for it afterwards) but I get the impression that contractual bonuses (Cortese's legacy) would have been a lot more expensive than the 2013/14 wages were due to their finishing position last season.

That would make sense in terms of the Hofstetter comments about a "difficult financial situation", and also explain why Ramirez (who didn't play that much last season) is still here when he's a high earner. Pure speculation on my part, it would assume some kind of 2013/14 appearance-based wage enhancement bonus package for 2014/15. Maybe the club didn't want to honour it due to FFP impact and costs and instead got rid of the top earners, who coincidentally were keen to be going anyway.

I can understand the self-sufficiency thing, I'm not too bothered about Katharina not wanting to pile loads of cash in, that was always more hope than reality even when Markus was around, but I do think our blithe expectation that we'll have a transporter of kids ready to be sold every year is naive, we've been chucking out a Champions League standard player about every year and a half for the past 10 years or so, but there's no guarantee that will continue to be the case.

am I right in saying he has until tomorrow to "get his head in order as he is not being sold"? what if he doesn't manage to do that? will he just sit on the sidelines and NOT be paid?

We can't "not pay him" because there are certain provisions within players' contracts as universally approved by the PFA for these kind of situations. I can't track them down online, but the gist of it is that no player can ever be fined more than 2 weeks' wages as a general rule anyway, and provided there is an agreed training plan in place for the player, and he follows it, then the club has no grounds for fining the player because he's keeping himself in condition to perform if called upon and doing what the club asks him to - however there's some other stuff around having to be involved in a certain number of games over a certain period (some detail would be useful here, obviously) or the club OR player can be in breach of contract.

It's a tricky one because obviously it's in the player's interests to stay fit for their career prospects, and the club's interests for them to be in a condition to use or sell them, but at the same time you don't want players getting paid for doing a minimum amount and not being available to play.

I suspect if the club started getting "finey" about it, Schneiderlin's legal people would be pointing at the treatment of the likes of Barnard, Forte and Sharp over the past few seasons as precedent of the club paying players in full but not using them with no financial ramifications.

I'm sure someone else can add more detail or clear up where this is vague, as I'm going from memory on cases like the Winston Bogarde at Chelsea who basically sat out his contract for about 3 years but was always at training.

Jay Rod also...

Although him and Prowse (who has also just joined) seem to have been told to by Adidas, probably a condition of their sponsorship.

Prowsey has just reactivated his old account on Twitter. He was one of my favorite people to follow as he posted decent tweets. He closed it about 15 months ago probably due to courting his now wife or being involved in the England Under 21's.

How Morgan or Spurs thought he was going to be bought for £10m (Krueger) beggars belief.

Now they have the stupidity to give us a by Monday ultimatum when we are saying he is not for sale. They really ought to be running a pawn shop. £30m might make us blink.

..this really is total stupidity. Are they trying to use his refusal to take part as a tool push through a transfer?.

Reports stating his price level was £27 miilion may be hot air, but in view of his performance stats. and the fees we've got for Shaw and Lallana..... .that level doesn't seem unrealistic.

Spuds have turned us over for decades past with lousy transfers, and revenge is long overdue. I really hope that ....even if he does eventually go ....we really get our full money's worth.

Prowsey has just reactivated his old account on Twitter. He was one of my favorite people to follow as he posted decent tweets. He closed it about 15 months ago probably due to courting his now wife or being involved in the England Under 21's.

JWP is married?!

My guess is that he was told he could leave, got excited about moving, and then the club went back on its word due to fan pressure

Wouldn't have thought so, far too fanciful. Fan pressure, what the heck is that when it's at home? Which world are you living in?

Reality is he's done one hell of a long stint for Saints in all divisions through thick and thin and probably felt that there was no more he could give or gain by hanging around here for much longer. He is after all a French ex-pat in a foreign country and probably fancies a change of view as much as anything else. Of course money is important but if that were the only issue, as it was for that greedy pair of recently departed badge kissing barstewards then surely we could find the few bob extra to keep him here, after all he's never struck me as somebody in for the main chance. The timing is unfortunate indeed both for Morgan and the Club, especially as he is so much loved at SMS and nobody wants him to go.

Is the reason why there isn't more fan backlash against Scheniderlin because everyone understands his position after the Board misled him or because people are now just desperate for him to stay and will excuse any sort of ****tish behaviour?

If he is refusing to train and / or play in games as far as I am concerned he should go.

Is the reason why there isn't more fan backlash against Scheniderlin because everyone understands his position after the Board misled him or because people are now just desperate for him to stay and will excuse any sort of ****tish behaviour?

If he is refusing to train and / or play in games as far as I am concerned he should go.

There's been plenty of backlash - but if you think there might have been more, I'd imagine that was because there will be plenty of people who think that if he is prevented from going we want to be able to actually pick him, so some people are holding off having a pop because they want him to play and be good. Rest assured he has had plenty of sh111t from people though.

There are also conflicting reports about him training, I know from a friend of a friend "source" that he was definitely at Staplewood most of last week and training for some of it, and we know from Koeman on Friday that he wasn't being asked to be involved this weekend.

I'm sure we'll hear soon enough if he's been involved today.

If he's refusing to train he should be fined his wages. In which case, we have him on our books for free until he decides to honour his contract or we can offload him to a non-champions League rival! ;)

He isn't refusing to train though. And we are also prevented from fining him repeatedly under the terms of all PFA-approved contracts.

I believe that contracts would be far more enforceable if players were made to buy out their own contract in addition to the fee paid by a purchasing club (a bit like we're led to believe Pochettino did). In essence it will make little difference if a big club wants the player enough as they'll add it in to the new contract but it may lead to a little more cold, hard thought before jumping on to the media/agent/Twitter bandwagon to engineer a move. They'd have to be very sure the millions (in some cases) were covered.

If he really is refusing to train then the club should have the right to withhold wages - what happens to mere mortals if they refuse to work? This should also be contractual...and no club should be allowed to sign a player in these circumstances.

Yep, I've been drinking..or dreaming..or something - just p*sses me off how the 'owner' of a contracted employee gets the sh*t end of the stick every time! And yes - I'm sure we're as bad with other clubs but I'm blind to that...Levy needs a massive V sign from Us.

Are people saying that spurs have issued us an ultimatum? if so is this anywhere in the press, the cheek of them if so.

How does this work when we've said we're not selling the player.

levy calls hello, this is my last offer of £1 for your player you don;t want to sell and even if you did I'm not offering a decent price, take it or leave it.

ok thanks we'll leave it

sounds like a pretty pointless ultimatum to me

At this point I think it's worth saying that both "Spurs offered us £10m" and "Spurs have issued an ultimatum" both seem to be purely fabricated by people misreading other posts on this thread, unless anyone can point to anything external stating otherwise.

"Spurs offered us £10m" comes from misreading a post on the first page which said "Spurs offered us £10m plus 2 players we didn't want" and the ultimatum thing seems to have come from someone misunderstanding that Koeman said that 'we gave Schneiderlin until Monday to get his head right as he's not leaving' in his press conference on Friday.

It would appear that Morgans agent has been leaking misinformation to certain gullible Journo's and (Saints) are wise to it by now. Until next Sunday we shall see the proof of the pudding.whilst agreeing that he has got the short straw soto speak,he's still being paid and still has a legally binding contract.I don't think for one moment it's one of those spurious 'Zero hours' deals.

Jay Rod also...

Although him and Prowse (who has also just joined) seem to have been told to by Adidas, probably a condition of their sponsorship.

i know who is building Jrods website, it must be going live anytime soon.No doubt they are setting up the Twitter as well

According to Simon Burwood on twitter (@SiCamHd) a SSN cameraman Morgan has just left the training ground. Says he must've got there very early as he didn't see him arrive.

Wonder if there was a meeting scheduled with him before training..?

Why is a Sky Sports cameraman there?

Because the transfer window is open and we may be conducting transfer activity which they'd like to get a clip to illustrate, I would imagine. Why are there cameramen in village halls and council buildings all over the country on General Election Day?

Morgan's teddy has just knocked Haley's comet out of orbit. Can't see him playing for Saints again. Watching Arsenal yesterday there's a holding midfielder role to fill and that look like a more natural home for him ( cash + players preferably).

Dealing with Spurs ( ....Levy)is painful and is best avoided.

He isn't married.