Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With the penalty and conditions imposed, it would be incredible to think that the football league hadn't made provsion for them being liquidated.

Who is the team in league two that would stand to get promoted (I thought it was exeter, but MLG corrected me) Anyway... keep an eye out for their local papers sports pages, but for every day that passes the closer pompey come to the end.

I'm secured. I'll get my money back.

All together now....

Oh no you won't!

:lol:

I think he will.

But not by taking a football club forward. A shrewd man would look at the land adjoining, now going for a song following Gaydamak putting the co into admin, buy that and develop the whole site lock stock and barrel. Club gone - tescos/flats/monkey petting too instead - everyone happy.

Get the lube out Pompey, the Football League has just said "I do" to having you as its lawful wedded prison wife!

A man goes to prison and, as soon as he walks in, his huge, buff cellmate says to him, "We’re gonna play house. Do you want to be the mummy or the daddy?"

After thinking about it for a minute, the man slowly answers, "Well, if I have to choose, I guess I’ll be the daddy."

"OK," his cellmate says, "then get over here and suck mummy’s ****."

Does anyone else have a strong hunch that the Scottish Premier League ruling re: Rangers last week gave the Football League Board less 'fear' to come down on Pompey like a tonne of bricks? It gives them the perfect ready made riposte if they are accused of being too heavy handed.

I bet Mokoena is feeling a bit sick right now.

It certainly seems like the most unfortunate timing for him. I wonder whether his agreement to terminate his contract was verbal (pun intended) or whether it's been signed and sealed already....

Birch's elephant in the room has now escaped - to be met by the predictable it was the responsibility of the previous owners / managers & how it's not fair on the fans.

Sympathy ? No, you get that for deserving causes & not the rampant disregard for rules, fair play, integrity.

Now the phew are feeling the effects of their clubs behaviour & they don't like it.

Oh dear.

Can you say 'schadenfreude', children? that's a funny word isn't it

So the FL's ruling means that the players know that all football creditor's have to be paid and that Pompey have a couple of parachute payments in the offing with which to make those payments so IMO there is even less chance of them walking away for peanuts now.

If the majority of the PPs are going to football creditors I think that the two ways for Chinny to get his money back are 1) sell the ground to a new owner for whatever he wants, or 2) rent it to a new owner for the long term.

I think that the onoy way the PST bid is now going to work is if they restructure their bid so that they use the bulk of their money to buy out Chinny, buy the club for £1 in the knowledge that there will be very little PP available post purchase and they have to runthe club on gate receipts under the watchful eye of the FL.

Sounds like a 5 year plan for relegation to the Conference to me!!!

Neil:

The first CVA payment of £2.48m was scheduled for April 1. However, that has now fallen by the wayside because of administration.

This will be re-valued during the administration process and be considerably smaller.

There will be no FL points deduction on this though.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/webchats

Over to you MLG

I poked him too hard and he blocked me. :(

wondered why i saw skates crawling beneath stones on way home from work, then i heard the news. Many of them may not be seen again in the rest of my life, another 50 years of hurt.

Still you won the cup and played Milan enjoy the memories because it is all you have.

Justice would truly be done if the Hants FA refused their membership for next season because they have brought the game into disrepute in the area

Are they trying to set some new record of getting a points deduction in every division? That would be quite some claim to fame.

Has anyone got a league table of the total ever points deductions dished out? Think they're not quite matching Luton yet....

Billy Sharp. Saints Legend.....

cotterill_david

@GregHalford15 deducted more points?

Greg Halford ‏@GregHalford15

@cotterill_david yea mate it's a joke. Don't have a team and deducted another 10 points.

David cotterill ‏@cotterill_david

@GregHalford15 sounds like a good idea! That's a joke pal. Shouldve jus deducted all points last year

@cotterill_david don't blame the league but they shouldn't have let the Russians take charge.

@GregHalford15 true story so let some nugget come in ruin the club then the fans an players suffer! Nothing surprises u in this game pal

billy sharp ‏@billysharp10

@cotterill_david @GregHalford15 bore off you too.

@billysharp10 @cotterill_david alright mate just cos u play for scum!

@GregHalford15 leave it out skate board

Brilliant. They will go pop for good soon you can be suer of that.

Which is worse - going pop now or at least 5 years of misery on tight budgets and the FL looking over their shoulder? If I was a S**** I'd be seriously tempted by total wipeout and a phoenix club run by the trust. At least you'd feel you were moving forward. The other way guarantees you years of teminal decline at best.

You've gotta laugh, really, haven't you?

On the contrary Trousers, the part which states that only a proportion of 'secured' debt will be allowed, goes against all that he stands to gain !

My feeling is that he will pull out, perhaps selling/renting the ground to the trust and head off back to Hong Kong licking his wounds !!

Playing catch up today as this thread goes viral, I said that a few 10s of pages ago. It reduces his risks while maximises his investment, especially if he buys the land around the Balram Chainrai Stadium.

Billy Sharp. Saints Legend.....

cotterill_david

@GregHalford15 deducted more points?

@cotterill_david yea mate it's a joke. Don't have a team and deducted another 10 points.

@GregHalford15 sounds like a good idea! That's a joke pal. Shouldve jus deducted all points last year

@cotterill_david don't blame the league but they shouldn't have let the Russians take charge.

@GregHalford15 true story so let some nugget come in ruin the club then the fans an players suffer! Nothing surprises u in this game pal

@cotterill_david @GregHalford15 bore off you too.

@billysharp10 @cotterill_david alright mate just cos u play for scum!

@GregHalford15 leave it out skate board

:lol:

Karma.

Doing a favour for my oppo at work, it's his Stag 2mro, so I agreed to cover him for work Saturday.

He says - head off early for the day to make up for working the weekend.

I get home switch on the machine and get a whole 30 seconds of the news all to myself.

Shame it wasn't RB who got in first with the tweet woven in some more lyrical prose, but hey, that was a damned good 30 seconds, gonna be up there in the highlights when I attend my own funeral.

So to all of us who preferred the years of hurt sentence to the instant death sentence.

God Bless the FL

A two-part reply:

1 - From the heart: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

2 - From the head:

So, let me get this straight, and stated relatively simply... To play in L1 next season (still not in itself confirmed) Pompey must:

- Pay up (or otherwise mutually agree an outcome) all football debts

- Settle, or get rid of, any other secured debt (this seemed a bit woolly... some is allowed?)

- Submit to 5 years of Football League imposed financial sanctions

Does that sum it up?

Irrespective of it being Pompey, this is about as good a response as I could've hoped for, for the integrity of the League and setting an example.

Well done FL.

Just looking at their first team profile on their OS is laughable. They have:

Goalkeepers:

NONE

Defenders:

Aaron Mokoena (Will be gone by the end of the week)

Greg Halford

Tal Ben-Haim (30k a week)

Adam Webster (Will surely get a starting place)

Midfielders:

Liam Lawrence (Won't stay)

David Norris (On verge of moving to Leeds)

Attackers:

Kanu (Hasn't returned and probably won't)

Dave Kitson

Ashley Harris

Luke Varney (On verge of moving)

Erik Huseklepp

That's it. Even with free transfers, I think they'd struggle in league two.

Their midfield will be sorted when Riquelme signs though.

I'd love to be at Pompey's training ground for pre-season training. 13 first team players and they're publicly trying to get rid of all of them, except 2 teenagers in Harris and Webster.

Edit: Oh, and a trialist called 'Must-have-a Dumb-Buyer' You couldn't make that up. :lol:

Edited by Lighthouse

I used to wonder why every picture of Nottarf Krap in every publication made the place look like a sh1thole.

Then I realised......

Interesting that the Torygraph chose to omit the reference to Kanu in quoting and paraphrasing Birch's 'club statement'.

Despite the sense of justice being served, however belatedly, it's still important to recognise that the club-led intimidation of Kanu and others continues. Whipping up PFC fans against him and others is clearly having an effect if you read the reader comments in the News. And as it gets nearer to the crunch, the pressure on these players will be wracked up to such an extent that I think it's entirely possible that were, say, Kanu to show up, he'd place himself at some risk of assault.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})