Sunderland vs Saints build up

Glasgow_Saint

Big game for both side, I just hope we realise we are in a relegation scrap and not vying for a top ten finish. Forget all the tippy happy stuff for now. Win ugly.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

U

Predicted a defeat here ages ago but i'm in 2 minds. Will wait to make a final prediction after their game Monday night v Stoke.

Here's what I hope for going on todays performance and recent weeks.

040513195410.png

Mondays result has no bearing on next week imho

Oh for f*ck sake. I'd suggest going somewhere else for the day if you want to wear fancy dress.

Don't worry Griff, I'll be there in my Stone Island Jacket and Adidas trainers looking well casual. All them Mackems will think I'm stylish as f**k.

As for the side issue of the football game, I dunno. Win or something? Could happen.

I feel we still only need a point. Villa shouldn't beat chelsea, therefore with us both on 40 and our superior goal difference we should be safe with them playing Wigan last day and both not being able to finish above us.

Agreed. A point and we'll be as safe as houses.

Cant start my lucky match thread as ill be at the game..... Hoping this is a lucky match thread.

Must win! COYR

p.s who else is going? Huge game, hope we sell out

Flying up in the morning - anyone else??

PS: not in fancy dress

Oh for f*ck sake. I'd suggest going somewhere else for the day if you want to wear fancy dress.

As much as its not something I would do myself, it really doesnt bother me what other people are wearing, are you really that precious ?

Football wise, reckon we will win, 2-0.

We will win. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. I will laugh, dance around, and rub some stinky, pooey, skidmarked pants in Di Canio's smug face.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9lfFVPoSofTxEjM090YfaHUsCpDqt1yZ-PJjL_kiPmJzjPipkEg

Seriously though, While I'm still confident with 39 points and a decent enough goal difference, I still think 41 will guarantee safety. That's two draws. I'd take a draw from this game.

Should Wigan win midweek we need 3 points to stay up, should they lose or draw a draw would be fine here.

Sunderland lack attacking options, yes they have 2 very good wingers but no Ses or Fletcher should mean if we stay as tight as we were today and have been bar WBA, they should struggle to score more then one goal and with our attacking options due a goal i really hope we have a goal fest here.

i think 1-3 is a good shout, however il take a 0-0 draw before the game, to give us some breathing space.

Got my tickets ages ago for this! A whole day of car travels with a bottle of whisky :)

is there a fancy dress theme for this game?

NO!

(you know the saints fashion police will be down on you like a tonne of bricks otherwise)

If Sunderland beat Stoke midweek we might get a point, otherwise Di Canio will have them flying, and with them at home we will struggle to get anything. If Sunderland do beat Stoke, Stoke are going to be well fired up for the last game at SMS. Either way it's a ****fight and we are right in the middle of it. Should have beaten WBA. Unprofessional performance we are paying for now. Reckon we will be fine - last day point against Stoke being enough.

We are in free fall, think we will lose this one 3-0 and we could give our fishy friends something to laugh about at the end of the season.

If any one wants to watch a troll in action ( and I must say 90% of the time I ignore there posts, we all know who the few trolls on here are) then here you go

If any one wants to watch a troll in action ( and I must say 90% of the time I ignore there posts, we all know who the few trolls on here are) then here you go

He is not a Saints supporter and my dad, who has had no strong interest in football his whole 87 years, wants Saints to win most of their matches more than he does. Further to this he has been comprehensively wrong nearly every single time - remember last season? The promotion run in?

There are some Pompey fans I like more than some of the posters on this forum - they're not as negative about Saints.

Sunderland's home form:

W Everton 1-0

L Man Utd 0-1

D Norwich 1-1

D Fulham 2-2

L Arsenal 0-1

D Swansea 0-0

With the exception of that Fulham game there's not many goals going either way - same as us at the moment. They're missing their crucial attacking players and we're struggling to get the best out of ours. Could be one mistake or one goal out of nowhere that decides this one!

If a couple of sides are below us going into the final day then we are safe. Man city, arsenal, spurs and villa v spurs means a great day of fixtures for us.

unless Spurs get roundly beaten by Chelsea on Wednesday, assuming of course Chelsea don't lose today. That would be the best solution for us actually, Chelsea to get beaten by Utd and then beat Spurs. Puts them back to back for the last day.

Cant start my lucky match thread as ill be at the game..... Hoping this is a lucky match thread.

Must win! COYR

p.s who else is going? Huge game, hope we sell out

Create it now!! A mod can lock it and open at the relevant time!

We will win. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. I will laugh, dance around, and rub some stinky, pooey, skidmarked pants in Di Canio's smug face.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9lfFVPoSofTxEjM090YfaHUsCpDqt1yZ-PJjL_kiPmJzjPipkEg

Seriously though, While I'm still confident with 39 points and a decent enough goal difference, I still think 41 will guarantee safety. That's two draws. I'd take a draw from this game.

That's just put me off my lunch. Peuuww!