Lovren joins Liverpool - Official

toe_punt

Dutch campers along the Lattes-Palavas highway been getting on your nerves again ART? Stupid little dutch kid ran into me on his bike when I was running down the path the other day. God I hate the Dutch, well the ones that invade our green and pleasant land every spring/summer/autumn anyway.

You're lucky. I'm down on the Costa Brava and the Dutch are everywhere. If only they could learn some manners from someone. The French have been unbelievably polite though.

You're lucky. I'm down on the Costa Brava and the Dutch are everywhere. If only they could learn some manners from someone. The French have been unbelievably polite though.

We had the usual very nice ones next door great fun round theirs watching the Footie on Dutch TV, when they are together on mass they are very confident to the point of being worse than boozed up Brits on tour........... Best example Whitey is down Can Padre Chicken and Chips in Pals.

French were indeed very nice this year.

Edited by John Boy Saint

According to the Sky reporter at tonight's game (who says he's spoken to the Saints camp) we've had no bids from Liverpool since the last one three weeks ago that was way below our valuation.

On Sky from Swindon, Southampton say that they have had one bid about three weeks ago that was nowhere near his value and no contact since. Liverpool/media trying to pressure the player?

Now confirmed by Sky SN from Liverpool in Boston.

Edited by derry

If we're going to sing Beatles songs how about:

We'll all laugh when you're sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench,

We'll all laugh when you're sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench, sitting on the bench.

And the ref begins the play,

You're just there, for the pay

We know it's money that you hunt,

As you give the ball a punt..

We all etc.

To a well known air...

Other words may be possible but I was well drug up..

According to the Sky reporter at tonight's game (who says he's spoken to the Saints camp) we've had no bids from Liverpool since the last one three weeks ago that was way below our valuation.

And yet the media would have us believe he is off this week?

@alex_crook: Just had it confirmed Dejan Lovren is off to #lfc believe the fee is £16m up front rising to £20m

@alex_crook: Lovren made it impossible for him to play for #saintsfc again with his 'head in #lfc' comments £20m is good return on last year's investment

@alex_crook: Expecting Koeman to now make a formal offer for Ron Vlaar and increase his bid for Nathan Redmond #saintsfc

@alex_crook: For those asking the indications I was given last week is that Steven Caulker isnt a #saintsfc target

@alex_crook: #saintsfc have been resigned to losing Lovren since May. Just a case of squeezing out as much cash from the deal as they could

The ver reliable and in the loop Alex Crook's take on things... :uhoh:

So Crook basically took a flyer on the unsupported Twitter link to post all this as fact. What an odious turd this bloke is, our very own Neil Allen.

And yet the media would have us believe he is off this week?

Liverpool confirmed no contact to Sky at their training at Harvard Uni Boston. "It's now in Southampton's court" as their bid was turned down.

So Crook basically took a flyer on the unsupported Twitter link to post all this as fact. What an odious turd this bloke is, our very own Neil Allen.[/quote

To be fair to him this time, he wasn't the only UK journalist taking the Croatian report and spinning it as their own.

Liverpool confirmed no contact to Sky at their training at Harvard Uni Boston. "It's now in Southampton's court" as their bid was turned down.

Surely if the bid has been turned down that puts the ball firmly in Liverpool's court???

Surely if the bid has been turned down that puts the ball firmly in Liverpool's court???

Yeah if it's in our court then job's a good'un and he can just stay here and play with Fonte next season! :lol: so hmmm.

That's what I would have thought - I think they really meant in SFC's and the media's hands.

It sounded from what was said that Liverpool had made their bid and unless we changed our position they were leaving it. Saints comment was bid was a long way short of valuation.

So why not ***** about once it actually happens rather than last night when nothing actually happened? there is enough stuff that has happened to get upset about rather than getting upset about stuff that hasn't happened yet.

Because it's clearly happening so why do we have to wait until it's official before expressing discontent about it?

Because it's clearly happening so why do we have to wait until it's official before expressing discontent about it?

Those "It's happening" posters at St Mary's have been up since last season. You may have misunderstood them.

Funny as although Lovren was great for us the one performance I will remember was away at tottenham last season when he went to pieces and lost his head in the second half.

Replace him, get in one more centre half. Job done, move on .

Funny as although Lovren was great for us the one performance I will remember was away at tottenham last season when he went to pieces and lost his head in the second half.

Replace him, get in one more centre half. Job done, move on .

He was brilliant last year for a club like us. Let's not make him out to be less than he was.

Let him keep his fitness on his own, why waste club resources on a player that wants to leave.

Make him find an english club that would bid £25m or one abroad for £20m.

If it´s gonna end up with Liverpool we´ll sign the papers 18th august if they have a bid that´s accepted.