Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Mario Lemina - Loaned to Galatasaray: Official

Roma seem most likely.

Monaco are targeting out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, 25, and Southampton's Gabon international midfielder Mario Lemina, 25, before the end of the European transfer deadline. (L'Equipe, via Talksport)

Sell him to Monaco!! Having him sat out being injured would be pay back for having Carillio being sat out being rubbish

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SNSUN View Post
    Monaco are targeting out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, 25, and Southampton's Gabon international midfielder Mario Lemina, 25, before the end of the European transfer deadline. (L'Equipe, via Talksport)
    Not getting my hopes up for this but at least Monaco would seemingly have the cash.

RMC saying Lemina has agreed to join Monaco, and the clubs are discussing the last parts of the deal.

Differing reports as to whether a loan with an option, or obligation, to buy.

If its just an option, then its not a great deal for us considering 12 months ago we would probably not have sold him for £30m.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    RMC saying Lemina has agreed to join Monaco, and the clubs are discussing the last parts of the deal.

Differing reports as to whether a loan with an option, or obligation, to buy.

If its just an option, then its not a great deal for us considering 12 months ago we would probably not have sold him for £30m.
    RMC report this evening that Ligue 1 side AS Monaco are in advanced negotiations to sign Gabonese international midfielder Mario Lemina on loan with an obligation to buy from Southampton.

The player has already agreed personal terms with the Principality side and is actively pushing for the deal to occur. He has already spoken to Leonardo Jardim, as talks continue this evening between the two clubs over the finer details relating to a loan with obligation to buy structure.
    https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...-mario-lemina/
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 20-08-2019 at 08:15 PM.

7. Default

Jealous! Imagine getting to live and play in Monaco. Would be amazing and what upgrade from living in Southampton

Hopefully offsets some of the cash owed on Carrillo

Shame for us as still believe he's one of our best players

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Jealous! Imagine getting to live and play in Monaco. Would be amazing and what upgrade from living in Southampton

Hopefully offsets some of the cash owed on Carrillo

Shame for us as still believe he's one of our best players just now.
    I'll take a bag of what you're smoking!!

Talk of a loan with 20m euro obligation to buy.
    I m ok with that because it relieves the wage bill and will allow us to streghen in Jan or next summer.

Sell Carrillo on permanent too and we are laughing!

Battling relegation in the Premier League to... Battling relegation in Ligue 1 in a stadium of 18,000.

Not quite the sporting step-up I imagine his ego was thinking of.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Battling relegation in the Premier League to... Battling relegation in Ligue 1 in a stadium of 18,000.

Monaco the perfect club for him. Looks cool, but very expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Not impossible.
    Oh and add Forster to Celtic, we really can t have our 3rd keeper as the best paid player at the club!

Not impossible.
    Oh and add Forster to Celtic, we really can t have our 3rd keeper as the best paid player at the club!
    celtic's top players are on circa £30k a week....how much will they pay for Forster, given they are not even in the CL group stages?

I m ok with that because it relieves the wage bill and will allow us to streghen in Jan or next summer.

20m euros is almost the same as pounds now.......

Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post

They won the league two years ago and reached the champions league semi finals.

Don't let a season in the doldrums detract from the fact that they're one of the best clubs in France who'll be back competing at the top soon enough.

Quite a nice place to live, I presume, too.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

And by the time that obligation to pay comes around we'll be on parity with the Euro anyway, so it'll be £20m.

Obligation to buy supposedly...Should be finalised within 48 hours.
    Last edited by Saint Garrett; 21-08-2019 at 11:01 AM.

18. Default

Option to buy .... according to BBC Gossip page.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    And by the time that obligation to pay comes around we'll be on parity with the Euro anyway, so it'll be £20m.
    Finally some Brexit positives

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Option to buy .... according to BBC Gossip page.
    That's the same RMC story. The gossip page is just links, no original reporting.

21. Default

Currently in Monaco. Apparently Marcus Barnes also to join on loan.

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bates View Post
    Currently in Monaco. Apparently Marcus Barnes also to join on loan.
    Monaco?!

23. Default

Monaco?!
    Exactly what I thought. Look at my past posts, I can be sceptical but then yeah, a la Josh Sims. We'll see what happens. Boufal wants to go to Nice, again, we'll see what happens.

Exactly what I thought. Look at my past posts, I can be sceptical but then yeah, a la Josh Sims. We'll see what happens. Boufal wants to go to Nice, again, we'll see what happens.
    Well he’s just put to bed what you were saying about Nice!!!

Talking of Nice, Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed the takeover of OGC Nice today. Shame he didn’t buy us Saints as he could attend a match and drive home within 30 minutes to his home in The New Forest.

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Talking of Nice, Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed the takeover of OGC Nice today. Shame he didn’t buy us Saints as he could attend a match and drive home within 30 minutes to his home in The New Forest.
    Nice is even closer to his home in Monaco.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Perhaps he thinks £90m is better value than the £250m it would cost to buy Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Nice is even closer to his home in Monaco.
    And a much nicer part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    Perhaps he thinks £90m is better value than the £250m it would cost to buy Saints?
    250m is also 80% of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    And a much nicer part of the world.
    Bollux is it. I'll have you know that Chairman Mao is going to retire to Hedge End. He said it at the Fan's Forum....

Quote Originally Posted by once_bitterne View Post
    Bollux is it. I'll have you know that Chairman Mao is going to retire to Hedge End. He said it at the Fan's Forum....
    TBF, they have got a decent sized Sainsbury's and a Cotswold Outdoor store.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    He could have picked it up for £13m when Markus did.

33. Default

Blackmore is saying there are two other club options in addition to Monaco for Lemina.

34. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Blackmore is saying there are two other club options in addition to Monaco for Lemina.
    Celta Vigo & Roma have been mentioned before.

35. Default

Celta Vigo & Roma have been mentioned before.
    Echo saying Roma & Lyon interested...

Monaco only want an obligation to buy if they finish at a certain level in the table.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...king-new-club/

Echo saying Roma & Lyon interested...

Monaco only want an obligation to buy if they finish at a certain level in the table.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17...king-new-club/
    Roma maybe, don't see the OL being in anyway interested in Lemina though, their poor relations down the road at St Etienne perhaps.

Talking of Nice, Sir Jim Ratcliffe completed the takeover of OGC Nice today. Shame he didnít buy us Saints as he could attend a match and drive home within 30 minutes to his home in The New Forest.
    Was thinking this yesterday

38. Default

Well he’s just put to bed what you were saying about Nice!!!
    How many former Saints players have spoken and then left?

I know Lemina wants to leave and it reduces some big wages - but does anybody else think that'll leave us a little light in midfield and short on quality there. PEH, Ward-Prowse, and Romeu. Then arguable Slattery and Armstrong as more attacking central options. PEH is just as inconsistent as Lemina.

40. Default

You forgot Armstrong.

41. Default

Adrien Silva (Leicester) flying in for Monaco medical to join on loan.

Wonder how that effects the #TonicLikeLeminade deal.

Unpopular opinion on here: how about we tell Lemina to stick it a move and tell him to play out of his skin for the season.
    We would add much needed depth in center midfield.
    We also just loaned out forster and with El Younoussi and Carrillo also set to leave, do we really need to save those wages to the point of being weak in center mid?
    We hold all the cards not him.

Unpopular opinion on here: how about we tell Lemina to stick it a move and tell him to play out of his skin for the season.
    We would add much needed depth in center midfield.
    We also just loaned out forster and with El Younoussi and Carrillo also set to leave, do we really need to save those wages to the point of being weak in center mid?
    We hold all the cards not him.
    Hasn't he refused to play for us again though? I know RH doesn't like his attitude at all so it's doubtful that will change

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

44. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Hasn't he refused to play for us again though? I know RH doesn't like his attitude at all so it's doubtful that will change

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    No, he just said that when he signed it was agreed that he would move after 2 seasons.

It's not his attitude to work in training that is the problem, it is his commitment to the team.

45. Default

His instagram story yesterday showed him watching our game with caption something like 'come on boys' - I don't think he's played his last game in a Saints shirt, I think he'll be reintegrated into the team personally, and we could probably do with it. Lemina at 100% is a great asset to a team of our ability, just that we haven't seen it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    His instagram story yesterday showed him watching our game with caption something like 'come on boys' - I don't think he's played his last game in a Saints shirt, I think he'll be reintegrated into the team personally, and we could probably do with it. Lemina at 100% is a great asset to a team of our ability, just that we haven't seen it enough.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    Can see this happening now Forster our and Moi/Carrillo about to be. Lemina canít get a move he wants and we are light in CM. If he actually shows up and puts a few games together he would hotter property and nearer the top of January shortlists. Letís face it, the CM area needs the mobility that the the rest of the squad has had added. JWP and PEH havenít got going yet this year, Romeu does a decent job but is never going to be box to box.

48. Default

Itís bad enough when players whoíve performed demand moves. But when a bloke who has had a couple of good games, but mainly done **** all does it, it grates. Shame senior pros donít chin ******s in the modern game. Someone needs to give him a right hook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://sportwitness.co.uk/director-f...ffer-accepted/

Sounds like he's off to Besiktas. Hardly the dream move that he thought he was worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    http://sportwitness.co.uk/director-f...ffer-accepted/

Sounds like he's off to Besiktas. Hardly the dream move that he thought he was worth...
    "Due to his issues with the Saints manager Ralph HassenhŁttl, Lemina hasn’t played for the Saints so far this season and an exit seems inevitable at this stage."... what are these "issues" he has with RH that they're talking about?