Saints vs Derby - FA Cup 3rd Round Replay Thread

SuperSAINT

Pretty rubbish 1st half tbh.

2 sides playing poorly, VAR stealing the limelight, especially when Murphy goes on and on and on and on.... Flippin'eck, Jenas as well, now! :x

Plus points:

Johnson looking decent - good left foot.

Crap attacking means Redmond more likely to come on; maybe also Gallagher.

JWP actually looking decent (but still bottling the key moments).

We haven't conceded.

Murphy hates us & Jenas wants us to lose, so when we win it'll get it right up 'em hahahaaa!

Offside is offside no matter how close

Dunno what people are carping about. Other way around and I'd be fine with it. It was offside.

So what's the deal? Determined to hate VAR no matter what? or trolls frothing at the mouth to see us lose and go on a wind up?

Miss from Armstrong was worse then that from Long.

Incorrect, I don’t think he would’ve expected him to miss that and have a rebound at him.

Long is horrid on his own.

Some of the signings we’ve made

Hoedt

Carrillo

And now

Moi.

Les Reed is a shambles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only saw last 20 minutes, thought he looked shïte

He showed great pace and swung in a couple of very good crosses, one of which Long conspired to miss from 3 yards out. He got booed for diving in to a challenge rather recklessly so that might have curtailed him a bit.

Johnson looks unremarkable.

Johnson looks a liability. Some decent crosses but will be lucky to stay on the pitch. Moi is a complete and utter waste of space, makes Carillo look world class. Ramsay looks dodgy, his awful pass out should have been punished, poor use of VAR saved his embarrassment.

Need to get Redmond and Gallagher on instead of Long and Moi. Targett for Johnson might help as well.

Bingo. VAR should only be used for the shocking errors. That was not a shocking error.

Take a leaf out of how cricket do it. When it's that close stick to "referees call".

Horrible to see that goal disallowed.

Surely VAR is to decide between right and wrong ?

In this case he was offside, tight but correct !

Can’t see a problem with that !!

Difficult decisions for Ralph to come. Personally I'd get Bednarek on, shift Ramsey into wing back, shift Johnson forward, get Redmond on for Elyounoussi and Gallagher for Long if he can't continue. But then I'm not the manager. :)

Need a much better performance this half, or Derby will punish us.

Offside is offside no matter how close

Exactly.

The point of VAR is to get the goal decisions correct. That is what it did.

Always makes me laugh these muppets like Murphy. As someone pointed out on twitter he said "I'm glad they've got the decisions right, it does need some tweaking but it is better that we have got it." when Liverpool got a goal against them cancelled out by var.

They want the under dogs to win and the giants to win. Can't have it both ways.

Lucky to be level. Completely overrun in midfield. Elyounoussi and Armstrong utter trash.

I'm amazed at how many goals we've scored under Hasenhuttl - our attacking play is horrible.

Don't think this will be our night. Wrap Romeu and Redmond in cotton wool and prepare for the weekend.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Bingo. VAR should only be used for the shocking errors. That was not a shocking error.

Take a leaf out of how cricket do it. When it's that close stick to "referees call".

Horrible to see that goal disallowed.

So who decides what constitutes a "shocking error"?

What a rubbishy disjointed game. He's giving players a go, but there are some guys out there who are truly out of their depth and will likley be no more once Feb rolls round.

Quite. Feels a little like giving them a go for the sake of it though, especially some of the young lads.

What a rubbishy disjointed game. He's giving players a go, but there are some guys out there who are truly out of their depth and will likley be no more once Feb rolls round.
I reckon Ralph's twigged that the forum has been relatively positive the last few weeks so is doing his best to stoke up a bit of disquiet with his team selection tonight ;)