Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things that make you feel old

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    The fact The Beatles split up 50 years ago really does it for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow. Doesn’t seem possible. Mind you, I was trying to work out the first gig I went to recently and that was T.Rex in 1969 so that was 50 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Wow. Doesn’t seem possible. Mind you, I was trying to work out the first gig I went to recently and that was T.Rex in 1969 so that was 50 years ago.
    Was that gig at Soton Uni? If so, I was there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. Default

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be...

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Was that gig at Soton Uni? If so, I was there.

No Shroppie, Fairfield Halls, Croydon.

No Shroppie, Fairfield Halls, Croydon.
    Fair enough. When I saw them they were supporting Pink Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post
    Fair enough. When I saw them they were supporting Pink Floyd!

Wow! That was value for money. From memory they had not long changed from being a hippy duo Tyrannosaurus Rex to poppy electric band T. Rex. Lots of screaming girls in the audience S they just had a hit with Ride A White Swan. My next live gig was Deep Purple which looks much better on the CV.

Talking about football in the office to people who had no idea that there was once a time when substitutes were not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable Jeff View Post
    Nothing wrong with being born in '84. Vintage year mate.
    Now you've made me feel old, realising I was at the Fratton cup tie, and Highbury semi-final the year you were born

Put the year of my birth online and taking about 10 minutes to scroll down to the date.

Blog Entries

Put the year of my birth online and taking about 10 minutes to scroll down to the date.
    this!!!

Remembering when Saints finished second in the top flight.

Remembering when we last won at home.

Knowing that next year I'll have been teaching for 40 years. The old timers when I started had invariably been Dunkirk or D Day veterans.

Looking at today’s TV programmes Strictly, Apprentice and other reality crap on TV.

Not finding today’s comedians very funny at all.

Driving home this evening, the radio played "School's Out" by Alice Cooper, a record I bought, aged 12, when it came out in 1972. I pointed out to my wife that a 12 year old today, on hearing that record, would be the equivalent of us in 1972 listening to a tune recorded in 1925.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Driving home this evening, the radio played "School's Out" by Alice Cooper, a record I bought, aged 12, when it came out in 1972. I pointed out to my wife that a 12 year old today, on hearing that record, would be the equivalent of us in 1972 listening to a tune recorded in 1925.
    I just had a similar experience. I am on an ELP appreciation site and tonight someone posted a Melody Maker review from their gig at the Hammersmith Odeon in December 1972 which I attended. I was 18 at the time and remember it like yesterday. Where does the time go?

Two things.

I had a birthday recently. I told some of the younger members of staff that I was now of an age where every summer I could rent a cottage on the Isle of Wight, if it’s not too dear. I was met with looks of utter bewilderment.

Yesterday I visited my local library and on the counter were takeaway copies of a freebie newspaper called “Mature Times, the voice of our generation”. I picked up a copy without hesitation.

Waking up for the boxing not staying up for it

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Waking up for the boxing not staying up for it
    Lightweight. I'm off to bed...

three coins in a fountain was the number 1 record. when i was born bet my mum thought she had hit the jackpot,

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mack rill View Post
    three coins in a fountain was the number 1 record. when i was born bet my mum thought she had hit the jackpot,
    Didn't she think it was called "Three Kois in a Fountain"?

Blog Entries

Saw the Doctor this morning, they are a proactive practice, get you in for an MOT and check over before you've gone wonky.
    Doctor asked how I was, I said I had a spot of sciatica since last Tuesday evening taken a bloody age to go, normally sleep and its gone. Cheeky bugger just said you're getting older and as that happens bits of you just wear out!
    So its not just "Things that make you feel old", bloody medical professional officially confirming it to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lets B Avenue View Post
    Didn't she think it was called "Three Kois in a Fountain"?
    Haha. He also thinks Carpe Diem means 'seize the fish'

In the concourse, complaining about the concourse

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    Saw the Doctor this morning, they are a proactive practice, get you in for an MOT and check over before you've gone wonky.
    Doctor asked how I was, I said I had a spot of sciatica since last Tuesday evening taken a bloody age to go, normally sleep and its gone. Cheeky bugger just said you're getting older and as that happens bits of you just wear out!
    So its not just "Things that make you feel old", bloody medical professional officially confirming it to you!!
    Went to my doctor for the first time in a decade because I had 4 months of feeling nauseous every time I ate anything and was losing weight fast. He basically shrugged and said "what do you expect me to do about it?"

Fortunately it got better by itself.

26. Default

Went to my doctor last week, told him every time I raised my right arm above my head it was really painful.
    He said,"well don't do it then.."

.... egg bag, bag egg...

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kyle04 View Post
    Went to my doctor last week, told him every time I raised my right arm above my head it was really painful.
    He said,"well don't do it then.."

.... egg bag, bag egg...
    Thanks. Are you going to do the whole Tommy Cooper act now?