Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 98

Thread: Gao Out Protest Thread

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    333

    Default Gao Out Protest Thread

    This has to happen. I'm in the States but I will be happy to help out in any way possible if someone gets this going.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,962

    Default

    He should be scared to set foot in Southampton.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Sunny Eastside!
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    No! China does not allow Democratic protests. Gao will send in his Storm Trooper Stewards to sort you out!!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Up where we belong
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I'll get my umbrella

  5. #5

    Default

    We need to find a cartoon character that looks like him, Winnie the Pooh already has a owner

  6. #6

    Default

    He’s a football parasite..... he can feck off

  7. #7

    Default

    Rupert Lowe was pilloried and crucified for less.

    Rupert would be an improvement on the current owner. That's how poor it has become. Whilst most people disagreed with Lowe at the very least he had a strategy and would from time to time be prepared to outline it.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    100 miles south-east of Newport
    Posts
    28,787
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Seems fairly obvious his strategy is to reinvest profits into the playing staff in the summer whilst not paying enough to get enough good players to win games consistently, and spend a bit more if it looks like we're in relegation trouble...

  9. Default

    Well the pig has definitely not been fattened, on the contrary it has been starved and is now very sick.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    1,819

    Default

    I’ve wanted him out for ages. Total waster. GAO OUT!! Boycott the games then he’ll have to pay attention. I refused to purchase tickets under Gao as he doesn’t invest nor have the respect to address the fans. 2 relegation battles and same defence. Why buy Danso? If he wasn’t good enough to walk straight into the squad & displace Vestergaard, then why did we buy him if he isn’t an improvement?! 3rd time lucky. We will be relegated this season and we will deserve it. The board couldn’t see this happening? They couldn’t care less.

  11. #11

    Default

    Sorry but perfect chance to make a statement last night by leaving an empty stadium on world wide tv, that would have got his attention , nicey nicey saints fans with there camera phones out again last night... .f***ing joke

  12. #12

    Default

    Gutless fanbase - not a chance of even a hint of discontent.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    11,644

    Default

    Yeah, because the protests worked a treat against Lowe.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,533
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Gao has sort of played a blinder. By refusing to engage even slightly with the fans it's very hard to have a target or ire. Now all the staff have left there really isn't anyone else to blame but if he isn't even in the UK how can there be an effective protest?

  15. #15

    Default

    Might be better off targeting his daughter Nelly if she has social media account, she can have a word with her Dad and her best mate fat Kat.

    Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Gao has sort of played a blinder. By refusing to engage even slightly with the fans it's very hard to have a target or ire. Now all the staff have left there really isn't anyone else to blame but if he isn't even in the UK how can there be an effective protest?
    Hankies

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Hang him from the Itchen bridge song!!!

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).
    Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

    I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because she’s helped ruin our football club.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

    I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because sheís helped ruin our football club.
    GSOH Kat?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).
    Lmfao, that was me.

    Racist? Good one pal. Good one.

    #generationsnowflake #generationiwanttobeoffended

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

    I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because she’s helped ruin our football club.
    Why do you have to make reference to her appearance at all? Can't you just call her Kat?

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Might be better off targeting his daughter Nelly if she has social media account, she can have a word with her Dad and her best mate fat Kat.

    Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity
    All for people protesting peacefully - but why the need to abuse? I'm sure you're perfect yourself of course.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

    I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because sheís helped ruin our football club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Lmfao, that was me.

    Racist? Good one pal. Good one.

    #generationsnowflake #generationiwanttobeoffended
    In answer to JRM's question, yes, the term "chinaman" IS racist.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinaman_(term)

    Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

    I don't want to be offended.
    But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

    My wife is Chinese. My kids are mixed race.
    My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.
    The lad is 22 and was really upset.
    Does that make him a "snowflake" too?

    I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    In answer to JRM's question, yes, the term "chinaman" IS racist.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinaman_(term)

    Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

    I don't want to be offended.
    But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

    My wife is Chinese. My kids are mixed race.
    My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.
    The lad is 22 and was really upset.
    Does that make him a "snowflake" too?

    I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.
    So, do you think I am genuinely racist?

  26. #26

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    In answer to JRM's question, yes, the term "chinaman" IS racist.

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinaman_(term)

    Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

    I don't want to be offended.
    But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

    My wife is Chinese. My kids are mixed race.
    My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.
    The lad is 22 and was really upset.
    Does that make him a "snowflake" too?

    I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.
    So is calling someone and Englishman or a Frenchman offensive? Unless of course they are on binary then it would be

  27. #27

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    I don't know you so I am unable to make that call.
    However, you have used a racist pejorative in a public forum.
    And you have chosen to insult me for pointing out that your language is offensive.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    So is calling someone and Englishman or a Frenchman offensive? Unless of course they are on binary then it would be
    From the link I posted, citing several dictionaries, as well as studies on the subject.
    HTH.

    "The term Chinaman is described as being offensive in most modern dictionaries and studies of usage.[27] It is not, however, as offensive as chink.[28] The New Fowler's Modern English Usage considers Chinaman to have a "derogatory edge",[29] The Cambridge Guide to English Usage describes it as having "derogatory overtones",[28] and Philip Herbst's reference work The Color of Words notes that it may be "taken as patronizing".[30] This distinguishes it from similar ethnic names such as Englishman and Irishman, which are not used pejoratively.[30]"

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    I don't know you so I am unable to make that call.
    However, you have used a racist pejorative in a public forum.
    And you have chosen to insult me for pointing out that your language is offensive.
    Do you know what, I’m normally quite reasonable but you’re definitely pushing my buttons. Report me for racism if you feel that strongly ... if you genuinely think I’m a racist.

    I’ve not chosen to insult you. You’ve chosen to be offended - that is probably more apt.

  30. Default

    I'm a born and bred Englishman from England.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    From the link I posted, citing several dictionaries, as well as studies on the subject.
    HTH.

    "The term Chinaman is described as being offensive in most modern dictionaries and studies of usage.[27] It is not, however, as offensive as chink.[28] The New Fowler's Modern English Usage considers Chinaman to have a "derogatory edge",[29] The Cambridge Guide to English Usage describes it as having "derogatory overtones",[28] and Philip Herbst's reference work The Color of Words notes that it may be "taken as patronizing".[30] This distinguishes it from similar ethnic names such as Englishman and Irishman, which are not used pejoratively.[30]"

    Thank you for enlightening us, I had no idea referring to someone by their gender and the country of his birth was offensive. I shall be sure to be outraged from now on should I ever hear the term.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    I'm a born and bred Englishman from England.
    Racist.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

    I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because she’s helped ruin our football club.
    Remind me again what position she plays in? I seem also to remember getting 4 top ten finishes with her in charge. The players are to blame. We have a squad capable of finishing mid table but they are not performing.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Do you know what, Iím normally quite reasonable but youíre definitely pushing my buttons. Report me for racism if you feel that strongly ... if you genuinely think Iím a racist.

    Iíve not chosen to insult you. Youíve chosen to be offended - that is probably more apt.
    Crab Lungs - I think that youíve summed it up perfectly. The trend today is to look for any excuse to try and be offended. Itís the mentality and also the general lack of backbone in people that has created a blame and claim culture instead of people just concentrating on the positives in their lives. Always look for the negative.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
    Crab Lungs - I think that you’ve summed it up perfectly. The trend today is to look for any excuse to try and be offended. It’s the mentality and also the general lack of backbone in people that has created a blame and claim culture instead of people just concentrating on the positives in their lives. Always look for the negative.
    I’m not trying to be a **** and continue this on but I’ve never been levelled as a racist before, I’m quite stunned. I abhor racism. That said, I’m not going to apologise for using the term ‘potless chinaman’ because that is exactly what I meant; a Chinese man with no discernible funds and a dubious financial background. That’s what I meant.

    I’m not slurring him because he’s from China. I’m not generalising billions of people. What exactly is the different between this and calling someone a skint Scot? Or broke Bulgarian? Maybe in other countries it’s been used a slur - did I mean it in a derogatory sense? Nope.

    I’m dumbfounded, honestly.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Do you know what, Iím normally quite reasonable but youíre definitely pushing my buttons. Report me for racism if you feel that strongly ... if you genuinely think Iím a racist.

    Iíve not chosen to insult you. Youíve chosen to be offended - that is probably more apt.

    My post was quite clear.
    I didn't say that I consider you to be a racist.
    I stated that you had used racist language.

    When I pointed out that your choice of language was offensive, you used the popular right-wing trope "snowflake" as a means of insulting me.

    If you read back through our exchanges, you will note that I have remained polite and have not resorted to name-calling or insults, despite the fact that your language is offensive to my family.
    I have even invited you to join me and my family to discuss how racism impacts Asian people living in the UK, whereas you've been sarcastic, unnecessarily rude and personally abusive.

    There's nothing wrong with admitting that you made a mistake, learning from it, and endeavouring not to make the same error in future.
    In fact, that attitude is highly commendable, but increasingly rare these days.

    Ah well, all the best Crab Lungs.

  37. Default

    Null
    Last edited by angelman; 26-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Racist.
    I can't be, as I have a friend wo is a Frenchman

  39. #39

    Default

    This is a joke, if you have a buyer then fine but there is nobody out there to take us on.

  40. Default

    There's one.... She owns 20% and if cheap enough, could take us on!!

  41. #41

    Default

    I think you should use the term Chineseman in this case, as in Englishman etc etc

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    Iíve wanted him out for ages.
    Did anyone ever actually want him in? I certainly didn't. Nothing whatsoever you heard or read about the bloke inspired any sort of confidence whatsoever that he was the man to "take us to the next level" which was the reassuring claim/transparent bull**** from Kat about the search for a new owner. It's panning out pretty much as feared although I suppose if you chuck the club's worst ever result and the biggest home loss in the ENTIRE HISTORY of top flight English football into the mix there's a convincing argument to be had that it's actually turning out even worse.

  43. #43

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    There's one.... She owns 20% and if cheap enough, could take us on!!
    I don't know about other people but I hold Kat more responsible for our rapid decline than gao, she had no interest in football from the very beginning & it showed! She also said she wanted to keep her father's legacy going but invested zero in the squad, She saw an opportunity to sell to gao so we can't blame gao for taking that opportunity, she really didn't do any due diligence whatsoever when she sold to gao she no longer cared who she sold it to just wanted the cash back!

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,533
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Block 5 View Post
    Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).
    Who the feck is chinaman racist???? He's a man from china...

  45. #45

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,533
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    GSOH Kat?
    Lol

  46. #46

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Westbury, Bucks
    Posts
    729

    Default

    [QUOTE=JRM;2770627]Might be better off targeting his daughter Nelly if she has social media account, she can have a word with her Dad and her best mate fat Kat.

    Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity[/QUOTE]

    How do we do that exactly? They dont do anything here as far as I can see.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stonehenge Tube Station
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Who the feck is chinaman racist???? He's a man from china...
    HTH.



    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+the+term+ch...cist&s=g&iie=1

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldNick View Post
    I think you should use the term Chineseman in this case, as in Englishman etc etc
    Is this a bit like "A Person of Colour" is acceptable but "A Coloured Person" is a no-no?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  49. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    Is this a bit like "A Person of Colour" is acceptable but "A Coloured Person" is a no-no?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I dont know I had to look the other bit up lol

  50. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miserableoldgit View Post
    Is this a bit like "A Person of Colour" is acceptable but "A Coloured Person" is a no-no?

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    "Person of Colour" is one of the stupidest phrases ever. Along with "coloured person".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •