Page 13 of 77 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 650 of 3809

Thread: Coronavirus

  1. #601

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    From my experience in all this teachers have been the most precious. I work in a hospital I will be in every day that I am well, like those who work for the police, utilities, shops, food supply chain etc etc. If every one demands to stay at home there will be no food, power, water, people to look after the ill, to police the streets etc etc. I think there is some manning up needed here.

    If you are old or vulnerable do what you have to do to keep safe, if you are not then minimise unnecessary contact but carry on doing what is needed to get through this. If you get it you will have a **** week but you will get over it.
    I work in education and haven't heard much from teachers being "precious". We have had to watch constant warnings about avoiding large gatherings, while presiding over compulsory large gatherings all day every day, so, yes, we've been asking questions about that and pointing out that schools more than fulfill the criteria of places they've said to avoid.

    Most teachers aren't talking about concern for themselves though, but that they are helping to spread the virus in a very uncontrolled way. Closing the schools isn't great for us on a personal level. I am having to put in far more work teaching from home than I do in a classroom and I'm fighting against constant technology failings at the same time. I have to strictly follow exactly the same timetable, logging on with classes at 8 in the morning and logging off at the end of the school day. As for demanding to stay at home, I would prefer to work from the school building, using their wifi, printers, coffee machine and empty classrooms, but the building is closed, so I'm home teaching in the lounge, next to my teenage kids who are trying to do their own schoolwork.

    Most of us are currently grateful to be employed in a sector where we still get paid, unlike our friends who work in areas where they have been sent home and won't get paid.

  2. #602

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,836

    Default

    My wife is still teaching, though plenty of the 'usual suspect' sick notes have decided to 'self isolate', putting alot of pressure on those still there (50-students in a class!). Also 250 kids out from the school yesterday, more today.

  3. #603

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sandwich, Kent
    Posts
    3,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    From my experience in all this teachers have been the most precious. I work in a hospital I will be in every day that I am well, like those who work for the police, utilities, shops, food supply chain etc etc. If every one demands to stay at home there will be no food, power, water, people to look after the ill, to police the streets etc etc. I think there is some manning up needed here.

    If you are old or vulnerable do what you have to do to keep safe, if you are not then minimise unnecessary contact but carry on doing what is needed to get through this. If you get it you will have a **** week but you will get over it.
    Not sure if this was directed at me? I am not claiming any particular privilege or snow flakiness - I'm merely offering to do what we were quite explicitly asked to do yesterday - work from home where possible. And for very good reasons, to help to slow the spread, and everything that goes with that.

    I'm quite aware that a lot of people have to go into work for a whole lot of reasons, and fair play to them - I will still be at work - I will just be doing it from home. Just highlighting that there are employers who will happily go against public advice; presumably rogue employers was the first thing the behaviour scientists put that into their models?

  4. #604

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,836

    Default

    edit
    Last edited by Plastic; 17-03-2020 at 12:50 PM.

  5. #605

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Just spoke to my brother who, with his wife, are self isolating for the 12 or 16 weeks, whichever it is. Trouble is their youngest daughter still goes to school so could come home any time and infect them.

  6. #606

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    I work in education and haven't heard much from teachers being "precious". We have had to watch constant warnings about avoiding large gatherings, while presiding over compulsory large gatherings all day every day, so, yes, we've been asking questions about that and pointing out that schools more than fulfill the criteria of places they've said to avoid.
    The necessity to stop 'large gatherings' is to free up the emergency services that are used to police / provide first aid cover at these events.

    There's not a constant need for emergency services at schools.

  7. #607

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Just spoke to my brother who, with his wife, are self isolating for the 12 or 16 weeks, whichever it is. Trouble is their youngest daughter still goes to school so could come home any time and infect them.
    Then your brother has clearly not followed the advice given - quelle surprise!

    If a family member needs to 'self isolate' then the whole family should do so too - self isolation is currently being advised for anyone who is showing the symptoms of the virus or has come into contact with a known 'infected' person.

    You should speak to him again and put him straight

  8. #608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Just spoke to my brother who, with his wife, are self isolating for the 12 or 16 weeks, whichever it is. Trouble is their youngest daughter still goes to school so could come home any time and infect them.
    If this is the UK then the government advice is for entire households to isolate for 14 days not for those people to send their kids to school.

    So in your example its their kid infecting the school not the other way round.

    Keep going on and on about schools though Soggy, keep going.
    Last edited by CB Fry; 17-03-2020 at 12:57 PM.

  9. #609

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    The necessity to stop 'large gatherings' is to free up the emergency services that are used to police / provide first aid cover at these events.

    There's not a constant need for emergency services at schools.
    I have no idea about the UK. Here it was all about slowing down a very fast accelerating infection rate. The numbers were starting to leap and the emergency services couldn't cope with that kind of curve. Therefore, everyone now has to practice social distancing (which sounds about right for Norwegians anyway...). That flattens the curve and keeps the infection rate closer to what can be managed. In theory anyway.

    It had nothing to do with policing events here, but as I said, here isn't there.

  10. #610

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,858

    Default

    A number of shops are starting to refuse to handle cash transactions.

  11. #611

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    John 3:16
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    We’ll all be asked to accept microchips in our hands soon, to do away with cash all together

  12. Default

    ****ing Hell, they should send Soggy to Cobra meetings. Hes always just spoken to, somebody who has a new insight. His Brother, Doctor, mate at the local, Mrs Soggy, someone in Tesco. Funny how every single one of them backs up his theories.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #613

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    5,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    A number of shops are starting to refuse to handle cash transactions.
    My dad is a cabbie with COPD (were trying our best to get him to stay in) and he wont accept cash now. Card payments only and you have to sit in the back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #614

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    ****ing Hell, they should send Soggy to Cobra meetings. He’s always “just spoken to”, somebody who has a new insight. His Brother, Doctor, mate at the local, Mrs Soggy, someone in Tesco. Funny how every single one of them backs up his theories.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funnily enough, I am not the only one who thinks that the schools should shut. But then what does my GP know? I suppose you haven’t spoken to anybody at all about the current situation? I suppose of of your birds and chicks are too busy rolling joints and listening to Leon Russell?

  15. #615

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    I have no idea about the UK. Here it was all about slowing down a very fast accelerating infection rate. The numbers were starting to leap and the emergency services couldn't cope with that kind of curve. Therefore, everyone now has to practice social distancing (which sounds about right for Norwegians anyway...). That flattens the curve and keeps the infection rate closer to what can be managed. In theory anyway.

    It had nothing to do with policing events here, but as I said, here isn't there.
    As far as I know, it is all about slowing down the spread of the virus, as you say. I have not heard that it has anything to do with freeing up services.

  16. #616

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Prof. Neil Ferguson, director of of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Diseases says that “closing schools and universities would further reduce transmission.” But what does he know eh Duckie? Probably been reading my posts.

    A leading teachers Union is also calling for schools to be closed.

    You see, it is not just a few people on a football forum.

  17. #617

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    As far as I know, it is all about slowing down the spread of the virus, as you say. I have not heard that it has anything to do with freeing up services.
    Unlike you not to listen!

    Initially the ban on large events was to free up emergency services.

    Now, large events and 'unnecessary' travel are being stopped in order to slow the spread of the virus.

    In the future (it could be a day, week month), other avenues will be explored to slow the spread even further - like closing schools, shutting down public transport (or restricting numbers that can use it at any one time), imposing curfews etc.

    It must be hard to keep up but I'm sure there'll be someone down the pub or across the road that can tell you what you want to hear.

  18. #618

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Prof. Neil Ferguson, director of of the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Diseases says that “closing schools and universities would further reduce transmission.” But what does he know eh Duckie? Probably been reading my posts.

    A leading teachers Union is also calling for schools to be closed.

    You see, it is not just a few people on a football forum.
    Jesus wept!

    Absolutely no-one here is claiming that closing schools will not slow the spread of the virus.

    Pretty much everyone else on here understands that what the policy makers are trying to achieve is a controlled growth of the virus in order to 'contain' it - funnily enough, that's why they've named it the 'containment' phase!

    Eventually they will look to close the schools - even the chief medical office has said this will happen. However, what they want to do is control when and how this is done in order to minimise disruption. Not sure how we can make this clearer for you....

  19. #619

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    13,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    ****ing Hell, they should send Soggy to Cobra meetings. Hes always just spoken to, somebody who has a new insight. His Brother, Doctor, mate at the local, Mrs Soggy, someone in Tesco. Funny how every single one of them backs up his theories.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's just a ruse so that they can quickly make their escape.

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwichsaint View Post
    thank goodness we're not relying on the virus knowing when Boxing Day is
    Indeed. 28th December this year.

  21. #621

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    Unlike you not to listen!

    Initially the ban on large events was to free up emergency services.

    Now, large events and 'unnecessary' travel are being stopped in order to slow the spread of the virus.

    In the future (it could be a day, week month), other avenues will be explored to slow the spread even further - like closing schools, shutting down public transport (or restricting numbers that can use it at any one time), imposing curfews etc.

    It must be hard to keep up but I'm sure there'll be someone down the pub or across the road that can tell you what you want to hear.
    I assume you meant to direct this at me as it was me who made the comment he was replying to.

    I made the comment in reply to this, which really isn't quite the same message as you're giving there, so it's not too surprising that there was some confusion about what you were trying to say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    The necessity to stop 'large gatherings' is to free up the emergency services that are used to police / provide first aid cover at these events.

    There's not a constant need for emergency services at schools.

  22. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwichsaint View Post
    Anybody else been prevented from home working today!

    School support staff data/admin/exams, I'm completely on top of my workload, have full remote access to anything and everything I need. In full email contact with all staff, have also circulated my phone number etc. Have a fully worked plan of where I am and where I need to be between now and Easter.
    Have offered to come straight back in if needed.
    Have been directed to stay in school by HR 'the school is open and we are currently all working in the work place. If the situation changes we will notify staff of this'.

    Fuming!
    Lady Trousers is in a similar position. She can do over 90% of her administration job on the phone or via email but her employer says they can't/won't provide her with access to the systems she needs from home.

    She happens to be in the 'pre-existing conditions' vulnerability group that's been told to isolate as much as possible, so on one hand she's got the Chief Medical Officer & Co strongly advising her to work from home and on the other hand her employer shrugging their shoulders.

    Name of her employer? The National Health Service....

    Stick that one on your next record Alanis Morrisette...

    P.s. I'm also considered 'vulnerable' given I'm on immunosuppression meds for IBD condition, so there's me isolating myself at home whilst Lady T spends the day in a hospital building... How's that supposed to work...?
    Last edited by trousers; 17-03-2020 at 03:20 PM.

  23. #623

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    I assume you meant to direct this at me as it was me who made the comment he was replying to.

    I made the comment in reply to this, which really isn't quite the same message as you're giving there, so it's not too surprising that there was some confusion about what you were trying to say:
    No, it was aimed at me. Weston doesn’t like me having a pop at Johnson so he gets digs in where he can. Large gatherings haven’t been banned, but it is suggested that they don’t happen (at the moment). Same with going to pubs and restaurants. All very wishy washy and typically British. The infection rate is on a steep curve every day so at some point they are going to need to be more prescriptive.

  24. #624

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    Jesus wept!

    Absolutely no-one here is claiming that closing schools will not slow the spread of the virus.

    Pretty much everyone else on here understands that what the policy makers are trying to achieve is a controlled growth of the virus in order to 'contain' it - funnily enough, that's why they've named it the 'containment' phase!

    Eventually they will look to close the schools - even the chief medical office has said this will happen. However, what they want to do is control when and how this is done in order to minimise disruption. Not sure how we can make this clearer for you....
    Thank you so much for making it clearer. I’m sure the many people who have been calling for schools to be closed now will be reassured.

  25. #625

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    19,309

    Default

    GF is a med student and has just been told the uni is closing today and they may not restart term in May.

  26. #626

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    The BBC are saying that many schools are struggling to stay open due to sick staff. Concern about pregnant teachers is also growing as they are now in the at risk group.

  27. #627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    The BBC are saying that many schools are struggling to stay open due to sick staff. Concern about pregnant teachers is also growing as they are now in the at risk group.
    “Quick the tories are doing good things I need to bash them again”

  28. #628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    The BBC are saying that many schools are struggling to stay open due to sick staff. Concern about pregnant teachers is also growing as they are now in the at risk group.
    The schools stay open for at least another day.

    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

    Suck it up buttercup. Suck it right up.

  29. #629

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kings Worthy
    Posts
    20,279
    Blog Entries
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    The BBC are saying that many schools are struggling to stay open due to sick staff. Concern about pregnant teachers is also growing as they are now in the at risk group.
    Schools are struggling. In my department 3 teachers are off in isolation, about to lose one who is pregnant. The headteacher is appraising the viability of remaining open on a day by day basis

    But, take the schools away.... there will be further issues. Society does need to function.
    Last edited by Colinjb; 17-03-2020 at 04:26 PM.

  30. #630

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Lady Trousers is in a similar position. She can do over 90% of her administration job on the phone or via email but her employer says they can't/won't provide her with access to the systems she needs from home.

    She happens to be in the 'pre-existing conditions' vulnerability group that's been told to isolate as much as possible, so on one hand she's got the Chief Medical Officer & Co strongly advising her to work from home and on the other hand her employer shrugging their shoulders.

    Name of her employer? The National Health Service....

    Stick that one on your next record Alanis Morrisette...

    P.s. I'm also considered 'vulnerable' given I'm on immunosuppression meds for IBD condition, so there's me isolating myself at home whilst Lady T spends the day in a hospital building... How's that supposed to work...?
    Sorry to hear that T and hope you both keep well. Could she suggest that her team uses Microsoft Teams software? It should store most of the shared files they would need and an email back up too. Aware of other sectors using this including parts of the NHS (I dont work for them at all so secondhand info Im afraid). The Trusts that use Office 365 can then add the app for MT software Im told. Guess it depends which one shes with.

  31. #631

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    The schools stay open for at least another day.

    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

    Suck it up buttercup. Suck it right up.
    You are a very strange individual. What would you say to the people, maybe a pregnant teacher, who get infected in the next day or two because the schools are still open. Suck it up?

  32. #632

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedArmy View Post
    “Quick the tories are doing good things I need to bash them again”
    Grow up. This isn’t anything to do with bashing Tories. This is about lives that may be lost unnecessarily. Apparently one of our number is very happy that schools will be open for at least one more day. One day! Great. In that one day how many people might potentially become infected? Of course we will never know because there is very little testing going on. However happens to be in power makes decisions and those decisions need to be questioned to ensure they are the right ones and are robust. You don’t become immune to the virus just because you voted Tory. If closing the schools one day earlier saved the life of a loved one, would you take it?

  33. #633

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    13,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    The schools stay open for at least another day.

    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES

    Suck it up buttercup. Suck it right up.
    WTF is this?

  34. #634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Grow up. This isnt anything to do with bashing Tories. This is about lives that may be lost unnecessarily. Apparently one of our number is very happy that schools will be open for at least one more day. One day! Great. In that one day how many people might potentially become infected? Of course we will never know because there is very little testing going on. However happens to be in power makes decisions and those decisions need to be questioned to ensure they are the right ones and are robust. You dont become immune to the virus just because you voted Tory. If closing the schools one day earlier saved the life of a loved one, would you take it?
    You need to get off your high horse. The whole country is following the advice of those that are far better placed to give that advice. People are dying irrespective of schools being opened or closed.

  35. #635

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cusp of a wave
    Posts
    19,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Sorry to hear that T and hope you both keep well. Could she suggest that her team uses Microsoft Teams software? It should store most of the shared files they would need and an email back up too. Aware of other sectors using this including parts of the NHS (I don’t work for them at all so secondhand info I’m afraid). The Trusts that use Office 365 can then add the app for MT software I’m told. Guess it depends which one she’s with.
    The issue is probably security of confidential patient info. The hospital would be breaking the law by allowing such info to be accessed from insecure systems or viewed in insecure locations (eg where unauthorised people could have access).

  36. #636

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    WTF is this?
    Quite. We're at the start of a major crisis and these 2 are going at it like a pair of toddlers. It's pathetic.

  37. #637

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Yes they are. It is entirely possible that fewer people will get sick from the point schools close. It has nothing to do with High Horses. A reporter asked Johnson during this afternoon's press conference about school closure. Was he on a high horse?

  38. #638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You are a very strange individual. What would you say to the people, maybe a pregnant teacher, who get infected in the next day or two because the schools are still open. Suck it up?
    No because that message is for you and you alone.

  39. #639

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    14,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Quite. We're at the start of a major crisis and these 2 are going at it like a pair of toddlers. It's pathetic.
    Thanks for that. I’m not the one throwing my toys out of the pram.

  40. #640

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Super Weston Mare
    Posts
    12,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You are a very strange individual. What would you say to the people, maybe a pregnant teacher, who get infected in the next day or two because the schools are still open. Suck it up?
    You do know that around 80% of the population are expected to get the virus - even pregnant teachers.

  41. #641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Yes they are. It is entirely possible that fewer people will get sick from the point schools close. It has nothing to do with High Horses. A reporter asked Johnson during this afternoon's press conference about school closure. Was he on a high horse?
    And what was his response??

    Its entirely possible that more people will get sick as well.

  42. #642

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    Thanks for that. I’m not the one throwing my toys out of the pram.
    This issue goes deeper than just whether kids are in school, but the point is being laboured. I share the view that I find the policy odd, but people with bigger brains than me have made a decision and I'll go with it. I'm not sure what post upon post is achieving. The squabbling on other threads is tedious and it's a shame that this thread has gone down the usual route. Personally I'd like to be able to discuss something as important as this without having petty disputes clogging the thread. If people want to flirt, do it by pm cos it's fecking boring.

  43. #643

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,423
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    This issue goes deeper than just whether kids are in school, but the point is being laboured. I share the view that I find the policy odd, but people with bigger brains than me have made a decision and I'll go with it. I'm not sure what post upon post is achieving. The squabbling on other threads is tedious and it's a shame that this thread has gone down the usual route. Personally I'd like to be able to discuss something as important as this without having petty disputes clogging the thread. If people want to flirt, do it by pm cos it's fecking boring.
    Well said. Leave it out soggy.

  44. #644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    This issue goes deeper than just whether kids are in school, but the point is being laboured. I share the view that I find the policy odd, but people with bigger brains than me have made a decision and I'll go with it. I'm not sure what post upon post is achieving. The squabbling on other threads is tedious and it's a shame that this thread has gone down the usual route. Personally I'd like to be able to discuss something as important as this without having petty disputes clogging the thread. If people want to flirt, do it by pm cos it's fecking boring.
    Well said that person

  45. #645

    Default

    My partner's school have sent all pregnant teachers and high risk staff home and will have no kids from next week.

    Son's school are giving certain year groups days off to make sure they have the staff to keep teaching Year 11's who are doing GCSE's.

    I work for the Police as a staff member. We are pretty much all still there although people are being allowed to work more from home. Problem is we need to keep training running as much as possible because we're in the initial stages of recruiting a huge number of new officers that are desperately needed.

  46. #646

    Default

    Good to see our Saints supporting chancellor bringing some well needed assurance to businesses. I'm no Tory supporter but he does seem to be speaking some sense.

    A quick look on twitter shows that his announcements are going down well with most people which is a strange situation for a politician to be in.

  47. #647

    Default

    So what have I missed all day? SOG banging on about schools by any chance?

  48. #648

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Lady Trousers is in a similar position. She can do over 90% of her administration job on the phone or via email but her employer says they can't/won't provide her with access to the systems she needs from home.
    NHS IT Security Policy probably follows Government policies in denying remote access. We had to install additional internal firewalls and 'DMZ servers' to satisfy the Cabinet Office that our own remote access services didn't provide a route of connection onwards to the Government Secure Intranet, which we were operationally required to provide office based access to.

  49. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Good to see our Saints supporting chancellor bringing some well needed assurance to businesses. I'm no Tory supporter but he does seem to be speaking some sense.

    A quick look on twitter shows that his announcements are going down well with most people which is a strange situation for a politician to be in.
    Yes, very impressive.

    Trump getting ahead of things as well.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  50. #650

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    20,169
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Good to see our Saints supporting chancellor bringing some well needed assurance to businesses. I'm no Tory supporter but he does seem to be speaking some sense.

    A quick look on twitter shows that his announcements are going down well with most people which is a strange situation for a politician to be in.
    The announcements get lots of things right; but its unclear why some sectors are being targeted with additional support and not others when they too will be facing similar pressures. Also more needs to be done to support family incomes directly, especially those who are being laid off or are renting - see the Resolution Foundation's response among others.
    Last edited by shurlock; 18-03-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •