Saints v Leicester Build-up

SuperSAINT

And if he doesn't put play 5 at the back and 2 DMs we will get tonked. We have seen time and again, the last couple of seasons, that our current CBs struggle as a 2. 3 at the back with wingbacks is by far our best option with the limited players in our squad.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Couldn't disagree more.

We have a **** defence. But having 10 outfield defenders wouldn't solve it.

If you set up negatively you more than often get a negative result.

We have been playing the same style/formation for a long time now and it just isn't working. Winning 2 games out of 14 is MP2 levels.

I just don’t understand why we want to play 3 centre halves. All of our centre halves are clumsy, error prone and relatively poor on the ball. I absolutely cannot fathom why we would want to play 3 of them at one time! It doesn’t make us more solid, it makes us more likely to make mistakes.

There is a lot of people starting this game who based on performances in the other matches shouldnt get a rest for a bit.

If Adams gets rested to give him a break at what point does JWP/Vest/Hojberg/Gunn get the same treatment as none of them have had stellar games this season.

Please note I will claim the credit when all or any of the above score worldies and we win 8-0 tonight.

Edit- I would bring in mccarthey/danso/armstrong and boufal to start and give them a run of games.

Edited by Convict Colony

I just don’t understand why we want to play 3 centre halves. All of our centre halves are clumsy, error prone and relatively poor on the ball. I absolutely cannot fathom why we would want to play 3 of them at one time! It doesn’t make us more solid, it makes us more likely to make mistakes.

Not only are we playing 3 centre halves but we have another two on the bench just for good measure. So five centre backs, all average to crap in varying degrees, in the 18 man match squad.....at home !!!!

Have you seen how many goals we’ve conceded recently playing 4 at the back?

Couldn't disagree more.

We have a **** defence. But having 10 outfield defenders wouldn't solve it.

If you set up negatively you more than often get a negative result.

We have been playing the same style/formation for a long time now and it just isn't working. Winning 2 games out of 14 is MP2 levels.

Last season Ralph arrived and moved to a back three and we started picking up points. Early this season Ralph was trying to implement 4-2-2-2 and we where awful. Last game with three at the back we kept wolves to one shot on target the game before we started with a back 2 against Chelsea and got stuffed.

Last season Ralph arrived and moved to a back three and we started picking up points. Early this season Ralph was trying to implement 4-2-2-2 and we where awful. Last game with three at the back we kept wolves to one shot on target the game before we started with a back 2 against Chelsea and got stuffed.

I could be wrong as I have forgotten already but hasn't JWP been playing more as a defender in recent games?

I could be wrong as I have forgotten already but hasn't JWP been playing more as a defender in recent games?
The games I've been to this season JWP has started games in midfield but when Ralph makes changes he often hooks a defender, brings on an attacking player and moves JWP back to RB/ RWB for some reason I can't really understand.

Seen the team.

I have no doubt that tonight we will suffer a defeat so humbling that the fanbase will forever wear the humiliation on their souls like an unremovable tattoo of their own Mother's flange.

Couldn’t disagree more but that would only surely happen if you came from that place down the road. [emoji6]

If I remember rightly the Chelsea game we set up 4-3-3? With Romeu just in front of the two CB and Hoj/JWP in mid. But from the kick off Hoj came further back and jwp seemed to be helping out around the RB/Wing area?

Obviously we are not Citeh and we have average to poor players. But we have let in a **** load of goals this season (only 2 have worst GA) and for me I think a large part of that is down to the lack of midfield.

I know we aren't great but I'd be expecting a draw or narrow loss personally. I don't know what all these spanking predictions are based on.

It's Maddison and Vardy, not Kaka and Rivaldo.

In fairness Rivaldo must be knocking on 50 and Kaka not that far behind.