Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/story-15943262-detail/story.html

exeter city hopeing pompey will be wound up for next season so they will stay in league 1:)

So not content on being the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of his salary, TBH is suing PFC as well for £1.4m in unpaid wages. I suspect he wasn't one of the ones to defer their wages. So sorry to see this. Bugger it, no I'm not sorry in the slightest. I hope he wins his case and that causes the liquidation.

Ian

So not content on being the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of his salary, TBH is suing PFC as well for £1.4m in unpaid wages. I suspect he wasn't one of the ones to defer their wages. So sorry to see this. Bugger it, no I'm not sorry in the slightest. I hope he wins his case and that causes the liquidation.

Ian

according to the article it's from when he went on loan to West Ham last season & they didnt pay him when he came back. i thought it had been reported as being sorted out or am i being naive in expecting the skates to settle a debt ?

WTFILN

So they FINALLY hit League 1 and FINALLY have to play kids.

Well, we (and our new BFF's at Coventry) know how THAT turns out.

So, enjoy your time in League 1 skates, it will only be for one season, even IF you survive into July.

Because you'll go through League 1 like Satrudays' curry went through me

Straight down

Was looking at the Echo website. Decided to look at their old stories about Markus Liebherr. Noticed one from about the time he took over (a "so who is Markus Liebherr" article) and one of the comments below from one of the blue few made me chuckle just a little. A case of words coming back to haunt them perhaps?

Willy1 wrote:

Still in the wrong division, still without the right players and who wants to play for a div1 team? You've had a millionaire in charge before and look what happened. You scummers have little idea of what it takes to run a club. The biggest job is to get the average scummer through a turnstile. Looking forward to seeing an average crowd of 9k ? The FA still have'nt finished looking at your accounts and the way things were dealt with. I'd expect more point deductions yet.[/Quote]

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/4481258.So_who_is_Markus_Liebherr_/

If Pompey fold after the League 2 Play Off final but before the start of next season I believe League One would be competed between 23 teams and relegation spots altered accordingly. It's somewhere in the leagues rules.

As for the Birch revelation..... nothing can surprise me anymore. They are the soap opera / comedy that keeps on giving. They take to cheating like a drug addict takes to cocaine. They will eventually die, probably from self-implosion.

Wait - who gets to sack the administrator? Wasn't Birch appointed by the Court???

The same thought crossed my mind. I guess a creditor who wants to replace the administrator has to apply to the same court/judge who appointed Birch.

I wonder how much they'll offer as a 'financial incentive' to appoint their administrator of choice this time...? ;-)

Shocking reporting.

Since when was the PFA owed £26m?

Yes, IF Pompey get liquidated then the PFA will rack up that much debt - unless Birch can sell all the players in the meantime thus reducing the money owed on their contracts, which he's currently doing pretty well with ;)

If the Telegraph haven't bothered to check this simple fact, I wonder what else they didn't bother with....

The same thought crossed my mind. I guess a creditor who wants to replace the administrator has to apply to the same court/judge who appointed Birch.

I wonder how much they'll offer as a 'financial incentive' to appoint their administrator of choice this time...? ;-)

Is it something the creditors committee could do?

Surley the only person who can sack Trev is his "boss".

It's all getting a little complicated for me.Think i may bury my head in the Carribean sands for the summer and see what the conclusion is come the end of August. The thing is as loads of peeps have said,it's a thing that just keeps giving. Unappy back off to WBA then.Steve Claridge to take portsmuff on a pre season tour of Monaco(lets see how much more money we can thieve) ............. then liquidation.

God bless HMRC.

pompey to sack the administrator? :lol:

How does that work then?

The club has no power to do anything.

Telegraph story looks like a work experience effort on a quiet Sunday - having basic facts wrong raises question mark over the whole credibility of the piece.

Think I'll await the PR version The News will churn out to the faithful.

Meanwhile Birch has some big decisions to make now the season is over and he ticked that box.

No income....big wage earners returning, deferred wages needing to be paid, could be a busy week or two.

Even I feel a bit guilty about ripping into them this weekend, it would be cruel, like punching a blind tramp

The main difference is a blind tramp doesn't continue to pretend he can see and keep telling everyone he's wearing an Armani suit

Think I'll await the PR version The News will churn out to the faithful.

Its in overdrive!

Etuhu knows it’s time to say goodbye

DID you know Robin Hood was a Pompey supporter?

What about Postman Pat and the Super Mario brothers?

More than 2,000 loyal fans travelled to Nottingham blah blah

And despite being massively outnumbered by the home fans, the Fratton faithful’s chants could be heard for miles around.

Fans sang loud and proud without a moment’s break for the duration of the game.

They stood and threw beach balls and balloons around in the stand, much to the amusement of the seated home fans.

Hilarious, the delusion has never been greater!

The morning after the great promotion party I watched it all over again in glorious HD, fantastic. The relevance to this thread is of course we had Steve Claridge at SMS to cover the big game... is he a saints fan now these days? All I have seen of this season is him gushing over how great we are and how dirty the DFCSBs are!

Like clockwork Stevie was glowing with praise about the Saints, talking about our fantastic infrastructure, considerable financial backing and wonderful support... All whilst Is This the Way to Amarillo was blasting out of our PA system! That is some classic comedy viewing right there, I was howling and PMSL!

(Also great to hear TBH has been out for the last two weeks, got to love that guy!)

corp...again I ask, please can we have one of your "transfer target" reports?

I have not laughed for about 2 hours and need a little lift

we have a few players you can have maybe.....

Will Corp ever come back on here?

I did see a thread on POL which asked whether or not Pompey would be able to re-sign Marlon Pack and Matt Ritchie. So the names are certainly less illustrious but still above Pompey's current station.

I did see a thread on POL which asked whether or not Pompey would be able to re-sign Marlon Pack and Matt Ritchie. So the names are certainly less illustrious but still above Pompey's current station.

And I would wager that both of them would tell PFC to feck off if they did make enquiries... They are players on the up and have no need to join the sinking pedalo that is Skate FC

Anyone with a transfer fee attached will be a complete no go. Journeymen and out of contract players only.

that's why they all take the job at Pompey. It's a no lose situation for them. Expectations there are so low, that anything they do comes across as doing a good job in the face of adversity. If I were a Baggie I would not be overly keen for him to come as I still would think he be too untested.

Anyway, what with the run in and promotion, I had become rather bored of this thread. Now that that is done and dusted, I suppose that this can keep us amused for a while.

For all those doubting the wisdom of Appleton accepting the appointment as the Skate's manager, here is the reasoning behind it. As I said earlier, he was a relative unknown before he took the job and had he gone by the more conventional route with a lower division / lower profile club than the Skates, would he have been in the frame for the West Brom job now? As it stands, he is not blamed for Pompey's demise and even now, the noises he is making about staying with them and rebuilding are plus points in his character and everybody will understand when he comes back and regrets leaving them, but explains that WBA made an offer that he couldn't refuse, that there is no other club who could have tempted him, etc.

I wish I'd been at the City Ground on Saturday rather than at St Mary's, celebrating our 4-0 victory (our 26th league win of the season) and promotion to the Premier League (our second promotion in successive years).

I can only imagine the hilarity of sitting in with the Forest fans watching those crazy Pompey fans throwing beach balls and balloons around! :lol:

There is only two users that have a bad word to say about the pompey fans. Among the others comments are "best fans in championship".

Just show me one, just one, from anyone not connected with your club , a posting on a message board, a mad rambling of an old woman, anyone, just one person saying that you are the best fans in the league/england/world.

Go on just one.

From a Coventry messageboard:

If only the Beeb gave us air time it wouldn't take others to spell it out for them. Won't forget all the Saints fans coming up to shake my hand and wish us well from leaving the stadium to being on the train back. Brilliant group who put their Fratton neighbours to shame.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/16845-Saints-Fans-Praising-Ours-Again

Just to clarify, according to Pompey fans logic, anything said by a few people on any random opposing teams online messageboard, is 100%, conclusively true, right? Suppose it doesn't actually say we're the best in the world. But it says we're better than Pompey. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO. There's nothing more to settle. Saints fans have won every possible argument there is to win!

corp...again I ask, please can we have one of your "transfer target" reports?

I have not laughed for about 2 hours and need a little lift

we have a few players you can have maybe.....

Right, just got off the phone to corpy, he apologises for his recent absence

but he's been a bit tied up putting a new extension on the family home

257p07r.jpg

He now needs a holiday, off cruising around Hilsea Creek but will inform us all of

the exciting comings and goings down on fantasy island the moment he gets back

2ik8k7p.jpg

is that Paul Walsh having a conference call with his backers?

We'd have noticed if that had sailed into Ocean Village.

Anyway I've arranged myself a good night out tonight...

Going to watch the City Utd game tonight with three mates at one of their houses - and they are all skates!

Can't wait to see their faces when I let off a red flare in his living room....

257p07r.jpg

He now needs a holiday, off cruising around Hilsea Creek but will inform us all of

2ik8k7p.jpg

New keyboard for Trousers! :lol:

257p07r.jpg

2ik8k7p.jpg

:lol:

Brilliant....just brilliant!!!

Has anyone ever heard another club say they have the best fans in the world? I honestly haven't. Lots of clubs praise their fans, many, many clubs have great fans, noisy fans and plenty of them, some have better away fans than others, some put up with worse football, some are just happier/funnier and so on. But only one club to my mind has this self-aggrandising 'best' tag. For me, that makes them the worst.

That says what a lot about the group of players we had here, They get PFC and the fans. As a group of fans we are unique who else would sing about their chairman (in a possitive way) who would sing louder than the home fans after going a goal down?

You cant buy that support and I bet evry chairman, manager and player wish their fans were half as good as ours.

theres only one peter storrie or is that you can stick your f*ckin arabs up your a*se?

Most other clubs dont spout this drivel, nor do they peddle myths about fortress fratton/travelling army/loyal fans... especially when pack the park can only pull in 12k home fans in the clubs most desperate(/recent) hour of need... especially when those tickets were subsidised to the point where prices were actually lower at fratton than you could go and watch blue square south teams for...

Loyalty is most unusual in football these days, I think we've had ours tested and proved these last few years eh??

If we still exist, it must help get players to come to play for us though!!

Weel done to the team for doing that, fair brings a tear to the eye! Bit like winning the FA Cup for some of us older chaps!!

1) So far down to about 12k bestest and falling at a considerable pace

2) No, you simply offer them bonkers contracts that bigger clubs couldnt. E.G Norris/TBH/Kitson/Varney/Sol/Defoe... in fact pretty much all players signed in the last 5-8 years

3) That cup belongs to the creditors

543575_412302105454673_120887384596148_1518791_1637758199_n.jpg

Which translates to: For Sale, a badge, a golden share for one year, a guarantee of a minimum £15m loss in your first year, derelict ground owned by Hong Kong loan shark, landlocked by a Russian gun runner, a small deluded fan base... and ACWAB!

Anyway I've arranged myself a good night out tonight...

Going to watch the City Utd game tonight with three mates at one of their caravans they are all skates!

Can't wait to see their faces when I let off a red flare in his caravan...

I've corrected it for you. :lol:

543575_412302105454673_120887384596148_1518791_1637758199_n.jpg

Does that look like the kind of flag that one of the players would make? I'm guessing there is absolutely no way they would have spent a couple of hours putting it together colouring it in with their crayons etc. They could have had one made that would have looked far more professional for less than half an hour's wages.

I'm guessing that is a flag made by one of their fans - hence the 'world's best fans claim' - so those players are being lauded as heros for what is effectively stealing!

Still, I guess stealing is second nature for them ;)

Does that look like the kind of flag that one of the players would make? I'm guessing there is absolutely no way they would have spent a couple of hours putting it together colouring it in with their crayons etc. They could have had one made that would have looked far more professional for less than half an hour's wages.

I'm guessing that is a flag made by one of their fans - hence the 'world's best fans claim'

Indeed ... http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114855293