Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-we-ve-not-become-a-joke-club-1-3805796

He has to be joking!!!! If he expects to see 15,000 crowds at Farton Park, he's losing it!!! They couldn't get that in their 'Pack the Park' campaign!!!

Maybe, but don't forget at least 5,000 of them will be sitting in the Director's box.

I think voldermort is showing signs that he is starting to crack, the skates are dragging him down to deluded lala-land... 15K? Forget it! Big fish? Nope, nowhere near? Big skate? Granted.

Appy claims we are not a joke club.

The fact that you have to say that, confirms that you are.

Indeed, he is getting defensive and starting to show signs of weakness... run while you can voldermort

How is the Gibraltar Football Association funded...?

FFS! :facepalm:

I have to convince players to hang on and hang about a little bit and to give me a little bit of time to get things sorted at the club.

So, you're lying to players, possibly leading to them turning on other offers from other clubs in favour of your fantasy? Nice.

I can't see why Chanrai would dive back in.

his representative stated he would at the recent creditors meeting, the delay is to see if anyone else throws their hat in the ring offering him a quicker return.

According to #fanonthecommittee, there's another meeting of the Creditor's Committee today.

I think that would be Ian (http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/true-blue-ian-to-be-voice-of-pompey-s-local-businesses-1-3810306)

I wish Ian all the best representing the many small creditors who have been completely screwed over by the community club of the year which is essential to the community they screw over time and time again... or something!

Ironically, Plan B might get some vital experience if the current existence of the skates makes it to August... as they go to visit AFC Wimbledon at Kingstonian. This will give them an idea of what Moneyfields and Plan B will be like, and they can get a flavour of how they run a non-league club for a decade pushing up to League 2.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-announce-dons-friendly-1-3810568

And in other news, the toy market is not doing too well, and Corporate will not be buying a PST share. He is looking towards building a syndicate, presumably with the funds from the sale of his camera.

Looking forward to the withdrawl of my pledge.

IMG_3786.JPG

Moneyfields012.JPG

But Appleton was adamant the prospect of putting on a royal blue shirt next season was one which appealed to targets.

He said: ‘We’ve got an idea of budgets.

‘I’ve got some real mileage on my car, I know that much.

‘Nobody has laughed in my face yet.

Not to hard then to convince these guys they are signed up...

article-0-02A44FC30000044D-450_468x286.jpg

But Appleton was adamant the prospect of putting on a royal blue shirt next season was one which appealed to targets.

He said: ‘We’ve got an idea of budgets.

‘I’ve got some real mileage on my car, I know that much.

‘Nobody has laughed in my face yet.

Not to hard then to convince these guys they are signed up...

article-0-02A44FC30000044D-450_468x286.jpg

Must say Kitson in the middle is aging very well.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: Former #Pompey administrator has been fined for insolvency naughtiness: http://t.co/DqW7lSdO

ICAEW severely reprimands and fines UHY Hacker Young's Andrew Andronikou over client proceedings.

A £5,000 FINE has been dished out to UHY Hacker Young partner Andrew Andronikou for "manifestly inappropriate" conduct in relation to a client going through personal insolvency proceedings.

In a consent order made with the ICAEW, Andronikou was severely reprimanded, fined £5,000 and paid costs of £6,500 in relation to his role as a nominee and supervisor of an insolvent individual in 2007.

The institute's investigation committee said that the complaint against him related to wrongly recommending a creditors' meeting should be summoned, in that he had not undertaken sufficient investigations into the validity of certain creditor claims.

Court proceedings to set aside a decision of the creditors' meeting by a third party saw his conduct as "manifestly inappropriate" relating to evidence filed by him on the respondent's behalf.

He was reprimanded and fined £500 last year by the ICAEW in a consent order for failing to meet insolvency reporting requirements.

Andronikou became well-known as a joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club.

Edited by trousers

"Appleton has been clocking up the miles this week travelling around the country and meeting potential signings."

The word is that he is on 45p per mile !

At last he has settled into the true Pompey culture :)

In true P*mpey fashion they've probably not mentioned it drops to 25p after 10k miles...but hell, if the clot can buy bogrolls then Voldy can subsidise his Reliant.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @pn_Emma_Judd: Former #Pompey administrator has been fined for insolvency naughtiness: http://t.co/DqW7lSdO

ICAEW severely reprimands and fines UHY Hacker Young's Andrew Andronikou over client proceedings.

A £5,000 FINE has been dished out to UHY Hacker Young partner Andrew Andronikou for "manifestly inappropriate" conduct in relation to a client going through personal insolvency proceedings.

In a consent order made with the ICAEW, Andronikou was severely reprimanded, fined £5,000 and paid costs of £6,500 in relation to his role as a nominee and supervisor of an insolvent individual in 2007.

The institute's investigation committee said that the complaint against him related to wrongly recommending a creditors' meeting should be summoned, in that he had not undertaken sufficient investigations into the validity of certain creditor claims.

Court proceedings to set aside a decision of the creditors' meeting by a third party saw his conduct as "manifestly inappropriate" relating to evidence filed by him on the respondent's behalf.

He was reprimanded and fined £500 last year by the ICAEW in a consent order for failing to meet insolvency reporting requirements.

Andronikou became well-known as a joint administrator of Portsmouth Football Club.

had not undertaken sufficient investigations into the validity of certain creditor claims

Surely not?!

I love this quote....

‘The way I see it, we are going to be one of the big fish, if not the big fish in League One next year.’

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ha ha

his representative stated he would at the recent creditors meeting, the delay is to see if anyone else throws their hat in the ring offering him a quicker return.

I think the delay is simply because Chinny doesn't want to pay any running costs (i.e. TBH and co's salary) for as long as possible. He's hoping Trevor can somehow convince most of them to leave before liquidation day. The halcyon days of quality over quantity mad gambles to get back to PL are over I'm afraid. The Cheats are going to plummet down the leagues faster than a pair of knickers in Portsea, and at the end of it Chinny will get his hands on the last parachute payment.

The cesspit of a club reminds me of one of those zombies from the Walking Dead, locked up in shed and being kept alive with the odd chicken thrown in occasionally. And at the end its head will get blown off.

I know Chanrai has made noises about returning but how convincing is he? The basic premise is that because he's owed loads he wants to keep them alive. But they're due to make big losses next year and are now in league 1 - just how does Chanrai make any money back in this scenario?

It could be that Chainrai sees two options, Birch liquidates them or he does! Surely he would rather be in control of that process and govern the time scale and decide what offers to accept for the assets (hahaha). If Birch does it he will want to get it over and done with quickly and will accept the first offers that come along. Birch is encouraging the Trust 'buy-out' as a means of a new start up rather than purchase of a going concern. It is also in Birch's interests to raise as much cash as he can from player sales for the creditors pot before Chainrai comes back. If BC does get back in control he could, conceivably, put them back in to administration, voluntarily this time, and appoint his own administrator to do the winding up for BC's benefit. I wonder who would get that job?

I wonder if there is a scenario where Chinny negotiates with the trust such that the trust takes over but chinny still gets the lions share of the parachute payments? Maybe transfer his charge over to whatever new company is set up by their trust?

There's only something like £4m of the parachute payments left unspoken for. And that's currently reducing at around £1m a month on player wages. Hardly a dealmaker, and very soon irrelevant unless they get rid of 15 players that nobody wants right now.

Is there a chance of Birch liquidating the club to stop Chanrai coming back? Wouldn't they be better off starting from scratch?

Birch's function is to get the best deal for all the creditors...this is sometimes blurred in the rhetoric that he is bound to use in his (increasing desperate) attempts to sell the club as a viable proposition. It's been shown that isn't the case so many times but that faint hope of an idiot fan winning the Euro Millions still exists until the toaster pops for the final time.

Whilst Chanrai says he'll not let liquidation happen his reasons for saying so (parachute payments) are diminishing by the week - the clock is truly ticking.

In summary, it may be that Chinny is prepared to accept that players be sold (en masse!) this month in order to bring the costs down as low as possible !

Ok he loses any transfer fees, but at the end of the month he could be left with the stadium, a club with little or no wages to pay and possibly some parachute payments to come !

This then leaves him in control of the situation, giving him time to find some other dodgy dealer to take over, or just get Andy to do the liquidation in his favour !

I wouldn't put it past him !!

from the snooze

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-announce-dons-friendly-1-3810568?commentssort=1&commentspage=0

blueforever85

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 02:57 PM

I heard a rumour earlier today that the bloke that ownes dreams beds is intrested in buying us?! Has anyone else heard this? This would come inside with the fact that he has just bought the 3 forts in the solent!

quidnunc

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:10 PM

The News certainly knows how to annoy. Never mind clunky sites and peculiar mail deletion decisions, lets pick random words in all on-line articles and highlight them to adverise a U.S. mail corporation. Lets get some money in, never mind about employing 'journalists' who can write an interesting story and SPELL the words they use. PUP

Harry Stotle

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:20 PM

Post 19 - Sounds like a dream candidate...hope we can bed him in before the new season...or maybe he'll just be a sleeping partner.........that's it I'm out of puns.

blueforever85

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:22 PM

@21 haha it was a good effort! This was just something i heard this morning, fingers crossed something will come out of it!!! PTID

grahampfc

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:28 PM

@19 Mike Clare doesn't own Dreams anymore, he is just the CEO of it. Dunno how much he sold it for, but it is now owned by 'Exponent Private Equity'. Exponent bought the company where I work for £140m. So hopefully he's got a bit of cash, or Exponent could buy us

Cozy12

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:44 PM

@21....duvet realise, and does it spring to mind that we might become the slumberland stadium or is that just pillow the belt ?... Four posters have already remarked on this 'takeover' or is TB banning any blanket coverage.......

george butler

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:50 PM

dreams was sold for well over £150 million in 2008 and as CEO he will still earn a large salary

Albert McCanns Knock Knees

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:53 PM

8 & 9 so you are a skate and a scummer!

blueforever85

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 03:54 PM

@24 the puns are still coming then haha! Does anyone know if there is any truth in these rumours?

thependragon81

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 04:00 PM

There has been a rumour for a while that Mike Clare, founder & president of Dreams is one of the two interested parties, but I doubt either he or TB would confirm this.

thependragon81

Friday, May 4, 2012 at 04:01 PM

Just to add that he is worth in excess of £200 million

Millionaires are usually millionaires because they work very hard to get to that stage. Why the how would a millionaire risk all their hard work over the years on a stinking, rotting corpse of a 5hitty football club? Any millionaire with any sense would runaway as quickly as they can!!!

Oh my god!!!! too late to register a team for next season................................. plan "C" ???? :scared:

God bless HMRC.

Plan c.....liquidation.

Every day that passes without a dumb billionaire coming to their rescue the more likely this seems

Question: FA Cup win and subsequent slide down the leagues or JPT win with possibility of keeping the squad together afterwards?

He he ;)

I seem to remember that they were taking the **** regarding our winning the JPT - it being just a paint pot. I assume that they will not be taking part in next years competition as they are too big a club.