Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@pn_neil_allen: RT @pompeytrust: PST Statement - 2 Weeks for fans to pledge http://t.co/HIyTRYq9 We Can Do This! 1000 more pledges and community buy-out CAN succeed

STATEMENT FROM THE POMPEY SUPPORTERS TRUST - MAY 1ST 2012

FANS HAVE 2 WEEKS TO PLEDGE AND HELP SAVE POMPEY

- 1,000 new pledges needed in next 2 weeks

Following a board meeting of the PST on 30th April, we can confirm that we aim to begin the final stages of bid preparation for a community buy-out bid for Portsmouth Football Club from the 15th May, and so it is imperative that supporters complete their pledges prior to that date.

Initial interest in the Pre-Share offer has been strong, but more pledges are needed in the coming 14 days in order to submit a formal bid. If 1,000 more pledges from fans are received by the 15th May then that will confirm our bid as achievable.

The Pre-Share offer, launched on 30th March, was designed to see if sufficient funds could be raised from fans and local businesses to mount a sustainable and viable bid for Pompey.

12 Pompey players have already supported the PST plans with investment pledges, and the PST would like to thank the players and their families for their support.

PST has also had significant interest from donors wishing to invest sums significantly in advance of £1,000, and will soon announce the support of at least one major donor.

Pompey administrator Trevor Birch has made it clear that the club will run out of money in June. PST can only mount a credible community buy-out bid if it has enough funds to do so.

The next 14 days will determine whether the goodwill towards a community buyout can be translated into a bid for the club. If enough pledges are received to mount a bid, PST will present it to investors and members as soon as possible, and before any bid is agreed and submitted.

PST Chairman Ashley Brown commented;

' We have had great support from players and fans alike, but need more support if we are to mount a viable bid for the club. The next 14 days will be crucial. If enough money comes in to make a bid viable, we will present our plans to investors and members for their approval before we go forth and submit a bid.

Our precise targets are confidential - and we are sure fans will understand that as we go into a bidding process. We will share as much information as we can, and will not proceed without the approval of our investors and members.

It is now or never for the PST bid - and we urge fans who are considering joining us to contact us, talk to us, and pledge. Time is running out for Pompey, and we are doing everything we can to save our beloved football club '

Edited by trousers

EastMidsBlue

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 09:58 AM

It must be such a dissatisfying felling for all the S(ummers that feel they have to post onto our site. Just think about it, top of the league all season, except at the time when it really mattered. Then you have to sit and watch two teams that finished a country mile behind you get their day out at Wembley in what is the richest game in world football. I don't even think there is a runners-up trophy ! You might get one of them where there two pices of glass with a plastic football on it, you know the ones they give out those that were'nt quite good enough to win anything, but did take part. Stick it with your paint-pot. So think of others at this challenging time, they have the memory of watching an open-top bus parade "Empty-Handed". Thats like us doing the same after we were beaten by Chelsea in our latest cup final, just wrong.

Yep, I really wish we didn't get automatic promotion. :rolleyes:

What a tool. :lol:

The twit doesn't even realise we've already booked the richest prize in football along with Reading and the other four are playing off for the remaining prize. Additionally only Cardiff can win the richest prize in football as the other three will lose £32m in parachute payments already accrued. PFC will also miss out on the share out of the £32m that goes to Championship clubs over three years if one of the three get promoted.

Edited by derry

@pn_neil_allen: RT @pompeytrust: PST Statement - 2 Weeks for fans to pledge http://t.co/HIyTRYq9 We Can Do This! 1000 more pledges and community buy-out CAN succeed

12 Pompey players have already supported the PST plans with investment pledges, and the PST would like to thank the players and their families for their support.

If pompey are liquidated the players join the queue of creditors getting pence. If pompey are taken over the players will get all their money via the parachute payments. Thus they are probably the only group where it could be considered an investment.

Up to 24% now and a clear front runner, another 10% and hes in the clear!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/317478/?

WEST BROM will make a move for Portsmouth manager Michael Appleton if Roy Hodgson leaves The Hawthorns to become England coach.

if this PST bid happens.....will they have money to push on..?

will there be some sort of super fan power struggle at some point..?

is it a waste of time?

So far they have £100k, with pledges rising to a million... problem for them is scummers like me will be taking their money back less £2.50 on May 14th/June 1st! (either that or they can have 20% of 20% of the pledge minus my expenses of £100 = £36)

Big fans stuggles, they will be jousting for fans on the board, alongside jousting for trust board member positions, spokespersons, directors of football... just wait until they have to actually make a decision... they are already divided as a fanbase about the trust, in general these initiatives only really work in Moneyfield scale operations...

Possibly not a waste of time, but more of a smokescreen to cover the reality. The PST will raise £2/3m max (inc celeb/player funds), whereas the good man Chinny alone is secured at £12m (+ £8.6m unsecured)... this is not an initiative to take over the current pompey, this is about AFC Poopey at Moneyfields.

Moneyfieldstrain.jpg

if this PST bid happens.....will they have money to push on..?

will there be some sort of super fan power struggle at some point..?

is it a waste of time?

It doesnt stand a chance of getting off the ground. The funny thing is though, if by some miracle it does (And it won't even if they raise cash, because that would leave Chinny with sweet FA and he will just bid one pound more) they would be back in administration within 12 months.

They havent worked out what a self sustaining pompey, with crippling contracts, points deductions and a new CVA to service actually looks like.

It's somewhere around midtable of League Two

It doesnt stand a chance of getting off the ground. The funny thing is though, if by some miracle it does (And it won't even if they raise cash, because that would leave Chinny with sweet FA and he will just bid one pound more) they would be back in administration within 12 months.

They havent worked out what a self sustaining pompey, with crippling contracts, points deductions and a new CVA to service actually looks like.

It's somewhere around midtable of League Two

I can see them bouncing around the bottom of League 2 like Plymouth and Bradford have been very soon. Their debts and situation is far worse than Plymouth's though and they went incredibly close to folding earlier this season before James Brent bought them. The Pompey fans are right in that they will be leaving L1 next season but only in one direction - down. Not even sure the points deduction will make that much difference. Let's see how many of the 'Best Fans in the World'tm show up when they are 5 adrift at the bottom v Crawley.

The above scenario is the best case one too! All of the bitterness at our success just makes it all the sweeter. Went for a family meal on Sunday evening and had skate. I felt a bit like Chinny or one of the PFC creditors when I was picking the last bits of fish off the wing at the end!

@pn_neil_allen: Very good piece from @PompeyScot on the Trust trying to head off Chainrai. Well worth a read by #Pompey fans undecided. http://t.co/yxiJUsRM

As I type this out, on the evening of Monday 30 April, there are four potential parties who could take over Pompey. Two of them are unknown parties of ‘serious intent’, who are hovering in the background but with no actual bid or proof of funds made as yet.

So sitting back with no money whilst the club crashes into it's last few weeks... If these are the parties of serious intent I'd love to know how apathetic the those classed as tyre kickers were.

It will be interesting to see how serious the few take the JPT if they survive the Summer. After all it`s only the poxy p1ss pot throphy.

We won it at the first time of asking - they'll have a fair few attempts at it, they're going to be in League One for a while. Maybe even League Two the season after next.

God help West Brom. If Appleton was that good, they wojuldn't have let him go in the first place.

Of course, they'll argue that he's now got some managerial experience under his belt, but what is that experience of?

Fighting fires? Failing to motivate and set up a team from a group of players that were plainly good enough to overcome a 10-point penalty and stay in the division?

West Brom shouldn't touch him with a barge pole at the moment. If he succeeds in bouncing pompey straight back into the Championship, then gt him in.

At the moment he's associated with and tainted by, failure.

Unlike another young manager who has engineered four promotion campaigns in his short career.

Still, we shouldn't complain. If West Brom do appoint Voldemort, that's one of the relegation places we won't have to worry about next season.

it did make me chuckle when I saw that a few mischievous individuals have taken Appy from about 4%, to 31% and hot favourite, in 24 hours. :lol:

I do hope the WBA board are swayed by public opinion.

Some of you are just messing with their minds now for your own entertainment, haven't we had enough excitement for one week?....though if that's what the Birmingham public wants then who are we to argue.

Power to the people!...whatever their motives...byebye Appy, get out while you can.

Well, he is the popular choice of the local newspaper readership... ;-)

The Burley vote rigger on SSN was the only successful thread I have ever penned, within about 24 hours we had him as the number one candidate for the sweaty job as the scots top choice...

This time around I want to contribute and help get voldermort back to WBA asap. He has been pretty dignified in his fire fighting battle and set an example to directors, players, fans on how to behave in a bad situation... no bleating or delusion, reality and honesty instead.

Fair play to voldy really, seeing as he was conned into a role he didnt apply for, lied to by his gangster bosses from the word go.

Unfortunately it looks like the vote rigging has been outed by a skate... sorry voldermort, I tried my best!

Voldemort_in_Movie_1.jpg

Is it common knowledge that Tal Ben Haim is suing the Skates for unpaid wages? I didn't realise.

''Dark days indeed, but the troubles run far deeper. Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim – backed by the Professional Footballers Association (PFA) – is suing the club for £1.4 million in unpaid wages. He is currently earning £36,000 a week and with no relegation clause in place, he still has a further year to run on the arrangement.

Ben Haim claims he has not been paid since returning from a loan spell at West Ham in January, but he is not alone. According to a report published by the club's administrators, players are owed £3.5 million in wages and bonuses. A further £2.3 million is owed to revenue and customs, £38 million is owed for the purchase of the club from the previous administrators, UHY Hacker Young, and a further £10.5 million investment made by (former owners) Vladimir Antonov's Convers Sports Initiatives (CSI) remains outstanding.''

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/story-15943262-detail/story.html

Failing to motivate and set up a team from a group of players that were plainly good enough to overcome a 10-point penalty and stay in the division?

West Brom shouldn't touch him with a barge pole at the moment.

Spot on!

The Burley vote rigger on SSN was the only successful thread I have ever penned, within about 24 hours we had him as the number one candidate for the sweaty job as the scots top choice...

This time around I want to contribute and help get voldermort back to WBA asap. He has been pretty dignified in his fire fighting battle and set an example to directors, players, fans on how to behave in a bad situation... no bleating or delusion, reality and honesty instead.

Fair play to voldy really, seeing as he was conned into a role he didnt apply for, lied to by his gangster bosses from the word go.

Unfortunately it looks like the vote rigging has been outed by a skate... sorry voldermort, I tried my best!

Voldemort_in_Movie_1.jpg

I see the Pompey fan thinks it's sad that Saints fans are voting for the next WBA mgr. Almost as sad as coming onto a Saints fan forum to check up on what people on here are up to... ;-)

Edited by trousers

Am I wrong in thinking, that should these players get sold, and be share holders in the skate club, then there would be a conflict of interest, and is this not against the rules?

If Carlsberg did irony - from The Snooze trust pledge article comments:

85 dashizzle

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 08:21 PM

Ignored this month's council tax to get my £100 in - well worth it, although it's going to be a long month if the other £900 becomes due!

Report Unsuitable

Priceless !

Am I wrong in thinking, that should these players get sold, and be share holders in the skate club, then there would be a conflict of interest, and is this not against the rules?

Its fine as A) most of them will have been sold by the time anything happens and B) they are not committed to buying shares anyway.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/birch-vows-appy-s-staying-at-pompey-1-3791838

And despite the vast majority of the Blues’ playing squad being expected to be sold this summer to ease the financial crisis, Birch promised cashing in on a manager who still has three years left on his contract is one deal he does not intend to make.

Birch said: ‘We want Michael here, absolutely. Hopefully, Michael is here for the long term.

‘I met with him yesterday morning and there was nothing mentioned about West Brom. As far as I’m concerned, Michael will be staying as Portsmouth manager.

‘There has been no approach and we wouldn’t welcome one. He is the future of the club. The future of Portsmouth is in the hands of Michael.’

:lol:

Nice one Trevor! Just like when we conned Scotland into taking the drunken Scot, you are trying to extract as much compensation as possible from a turd. But unlike the Scottish FA, I doubt We're Bottom Again are that stupid to think you are concerned about the "long term future of the club", and to pay more than a pittance in compensation.

How long before Chinny can get his hands on the last remaining parachute payment? Too long for the phew, I'm afraid. Because that's how long they are going to suffer the humiliation of their cesspit of a club being kept on life support, as it plummets down the divisions. Anything worth of value is going to be flogged off, leaving the likes of the legendary Tal Ben Haim and some kids to hold the fort.

In a year or two they'll be praying for liquidation. :lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/birch-vows-appy-s-staying-at-pompey-1-3791838

And despite the vast majority of the Blues’ playing squad being expected to be sold this summer to ease the financial crisis, Birch promised cashing in on a manager who still has three years left on his contract is one deal he does not intend to make.

Birch said: ‘We want Michael here, absolutely. Hopefully, Michael is here for the long term.

‘I met with him yesterday morning and there was nothing mentioned about West Brom. As far as I’m concerned, Michael will be staying as Portsmouth manager.

‘There has been no approach and we wouldn’t welcome one. He is the future of the club. The future of Portsmouth is in the hands of Michael.’

Nice one Trevor! Just like when we conned Scotland into taking the drunken Scot, you are trying to extract as much compensation as possible from a turd. But unlike the Scottish FA, I doubt We're Bottom Again are that stupid to think you are concerned about the "long term future of the club", and to pay more than a pittance in compensation.

How long before Chinny can get his hands on the last remaining parachute payment? Too long for the phew, I'm afraid. Because that's how long they are going to suffer the humiliation of their cesspit of a club being kept on life support, as it plummets down the divisions. Anything worth of value is going to be flogged off, leaving the likes of the legendary Tal Ben Haim and some kids to hold the fort.

Most of the seabed dredgers think "Liquidation" is a new sports drink

If Carlsberg did irony - from The Snooze trust pledge article comments:

85 dashizzle

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 08:21 PM

Ignored this month's council tax to get my £100 in - well worth it, although it's going to be a long month if the other £900 becomes due!

Report Unsuitable

Priceless !

If I'd have known that my tongue-in-cheek suggestion of diverting personal tax to Pompey would be taken seriously I'd have kept shtum!

"there isn't alot of quality in league 1"

They got a bit of a shock coming IF they survive the summer (and that is a big if)

I thought there was some good teams in League 1,good passing football,passionate players, not many players "dragging their heels". There are alot of players on relatively small wages and they try bloody hard.

The trouble with poopey fans is they are so deluded they believe their own bulls**t.

It might be quite funny IF they survive.To see them struggle against religation in the "3rd division" with a makeshift team and an unheard of manager.

God bless HMRC.

Agreed, most L1 and L2 clubs also have some solid youth players hungry to make the grade and get noticed - gone ate the days of old kanckered x top flight players after a few extra retirement quid - they earn so much they dont neeed to do this anymore.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @brianhowe01: I see pn_neil_allen is making more twitter noise over #Pompey buyout. Maybe he should join the trust share scheme.

Meowwww....

@pn_neil_allen: RT @brianhowe01: @pn_neil_allen @pompeytrust

No.i haven't joined the trust. Does that make me not a supporter ?

I've got a great story re us conning the Scots to take Burley - but it is too long to tell on here, but it involves Leon Crouch and Doncaster Rovers

I've got a great story re us conning the Scots to take Burley - but it is too long to tell on here, but it involves Leon Crouch and Doncaster Rovers

Too long to tell the story on here? (said FF posting on a 1,000+ page thread)

No story is too long for the SWF...fire away...

;-))

Appleton up to 30.7% LOL. It worked for Scotland and Burley.
is it not counter productive trying to get Appleton to go to WBA, the Skates will get a massive pay-off. i'd start to get Big Sam up the list. I dot want Pompey to get £1m payout for Appleton

Too long to tell the story on here? (said FF posting on a 1,000+ page thread)

No story is too long for the SWF...fire away...

;-))

and while you are at it, the one about Leon causing us to go into admin would be good too !!

Sounds intriging - Crouch and Donny!! We did'nt exchange Burley for a picture of a train did we? ;)