Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Despite all the talk of a Chinny take over I still can't see past Liquidation by the FL not granting the Golden Share. None of this financial speculation makes any sense to me...the FL need guarantees that they can complete the season. Nobody has shown any financial guarantees as far as I can see...what am I missing?:?

so let me get this straight...Chanrai (because, let's face it, that is the only person TB has been dealing with) told TB that he wouldn't consider buying the club unless he rid it of all it's first team players; when he does, he says "nah, I don't fancy it anymore". Brilliant.

You know, I don't like generalisations, but Indians tend to be very good at haggling....now so are loan sharks, violently so...now if you can find me an indian loan shark ooohhh I see now!....yep they're screwed....well played. SHALALALALALA WTFILN??

This will be a new game now.

PKF are a global Corporate Entity not some tinpot football club run by a bunch of dreamers.

PKF will have stakeholders and the law firmly behind them.

They have absolutely NO need to negotiate whatsoever. In fact globally, giving in to emotional blackmail in a small bywater such as portsmouth could cost the company MILLIONS globally when other parties out there with proper business see that they are a soft touch.

This will be fun.

Oh and FWIW, I recently had some dealings with a large financial consulting company who I cannot name and from whom I cannot tell you whether I negotiated a discount or not.

If I had held a negotiation after years of training there is no way I would have said, I say old chap your fees are a bit high, I need a 25% discount. And of course there is no way that a real life organisation would have said will you accept 20% discount.

So back in reality.

Yeah TB will deal

I don't think TB has any need to do a deal at all. Otherwise, the next football club they are Administrator for (and there will be a next one), any potential purchaser will just chop their fees at the last minute. Won't happen imo.

Looks like the fun's started earlier than we thought it would.

From the Pompey News

Chainrai threatens to walk away from Pompey over adminstrator-fee dispute

BALRAM Chainrai has threatened to walk away from Pompey in a dispute over administration fees.

Mr Chainrai’s firm Portpin has been poised to take on Portsmouth Football Club again after the sale of Liam Lawrence was confirmed yesterday.

Discussions have been ongoing between Portpin and administrators PKF to finalise arrangements.

But the takeover is now in jeopardy because a deal on PKF fees – believed to be £1.8million – cannot be met.

Speaking to The News, Mr Chainrai said: ‘Me and my business partner Levi Kushnir are very depressed with the situation over the fact PKF have refused to do a compromise deal over their fees.

‘Because they are failing to do a compromise with fees, there’s no way to move forward and take the club out of administration.

‘We are waiting for them to follow through on this.

‘We will be waiting, but we won’t be waiting for long.’

Administrator Trevor Birch has not confirmed the amount, but said negotiations are taking place.

He said: ‘Over the past six weeks or so I have been striving – in very difficult circumstances – to fulfil the terms of the CVA with Portpin.

‘This is so the club can come out of administration before the new season starts and have the best opportunity to move forward in a positive manner – as all the fans and employees of the club want to see.

‘At such a critical stage it is inappropriate to conduct confidential negotiations through the media and therefore until matters are finalised, one way or another, I do not intend to make any comments.’

God Bless Balram Chainrai

Ace-Up-Sleeve.jpg

0fe4efb232b35168b0e274ac01ae818a.jpg

Well at this rate I am gonna get Chanrai on the back of my new Saints shirt.

I am struggling to think who hates Portsmouth FC more TBH? Myself? Kanu? The PTS nutjobs or Chanrai?

I would be interested to hear what happens when there is only ONE potential serious bidder for a business (lol) to come out of any administration. Are the administrators fees set in stone or is negotiation commonplace?

Well at this rate I am gonna get Chanrai on the back of my new Saints shirt.

I am struggling to think who hates Portsmouth FC more TBH? Myself? Kanu? The PTS nutjobs or Chanrai?

I would be interested to hear what happens when there is only ONE potential serious bidder for a business (lol) to come out of any administration. Are the administrators fees set in stone or is negotiation commonplace?

Wouldn't their fees be classed in the same way as lawyers' fees? If you win a case / divorce settlement / will, the legal fees are taken out before any dispersion of the money you receive.

In a liquidation situation the administrator takes his fees first and assets at PFC will certainly cover the admin fees at £1.8m. TB has no need to negotiate so what is BC up to here? BC does not want liquidation or the revenue from the PP's will be lost. In liquidation he will get only a small amount back - BC Needs the club to survive for another 18 months or so. From TB's point of view he wins either way. If he liquidates then he can say it was BC's fault for not completing the deal and he gets his £1.8m both ways. As I see it TB holds all the cards and yet BC is a pro in these dealings so just what is he aiming at?

In a liquidation situation the administrator takes his fees first and assets at PFC will certainly cover the admin fees at £1.8m. TB has no need to negotiate so what is BC up to here? BC does not want liquidation or the revenue from the PP's will be lost. In liquidation he will get only a small amount back - BC Needs the club to survive for another 18 months or so. From TB's point of view he wins either way. If he liquidates then he can say it was BC's fault for not completing the deal and he gets his £1.8m both ways. As I see it TB holds all the cards and yet BC is a pro in these dealings so just what is he aiming at?

Just emotional blackmail

BC wants knuckle dragging skates hammering on the door of the local PFK office making threats

They've to no need to compromise, but I bet they do

BC has played a blinder here. I wish I could find out the full facts of what's going on at the moment as well as the full strategy of AA's involvement with TBH

BC does not want liquidation or the revenue from the PP's will be lost. In liquidation he will get only a small amount back

But hasn't it been mentioned somewhere within this thread that IF there were no football club left then the rule that says their dump of a ground can't be sold off for non sporting purposes would become meaningless. Thus the land could then be sold, with BC making a major deposit into his tesco bank account at his local fratton branch?

This is definitely good news for the skates - Chanrai is trying to squeeze as much as he can from Birch/PFK so that he can maximise the amount he can give to Appy for transfer fees and wages to fund their promotion bid. Right?

:lol:

Got to love this new development.

Didn't Birch say this only a few days ago....

"‘I understand why nobody wants to lose money – whether they are players or other creditors. Tal Ben Haim is not alone here.’

The likes of Greg Halford, David Norris, Erik Huseklepp and Dave Kitson have sacrificed money owed to them by leaving Pompey in recent weeks. And Birch also pointed to the local businesses and non-football creditors who have effectively written off the debts to try to keep Pompey afloat.

He said: ‘Many of his (Ben Haim’s) former team-mates were in the same situation, yet made big sacrifices and showed the club is more important than any individual.

‘Many non-football creditors, some small local businesses, have also told me that they’d be willing to take a personal financial hit in order to keep the club going.

‘And then there’s the pain felt by the club’s employees who lost their jobs or took pay cuts earlier in the year.

‘If we all keep that in mind over the next couple of days then there is hope that the club may survive.’

So everyone should keep that in mind except you Trev?

Apparently it finished 5 nil.....PMSL

2-1 according to their O/S. The start of the official report is good too:

An inexperienced Pompey XI were beaten by Salisbury in the final friendly of the summer.

The Blues' side was mostly made up of members of the development squad, with a handful of trialists also featuring.

Much like their line up for next Saturday. Only without the trialists.

WTFILN?

Looks like the fun's started earlier than we thought it would.

From the Pompey News

Chainrai threatens to walk away from Pompey over adminstrator-fee dispute

BALRAM Chainrai has threatened to walk away from Pompey in a dispute over administration fees.

Mr Chainrai’s firm Portpin has been poised to take on Portsmouth Football Club again after the sale of Liam Lawrence was confirmed yesterday.

Discussions have been ongoing between Portpin and administrators PKF to finalise arrangements.

But the takeover is now in jeopardy because a deal on PKF fees – believed to be £1.8million – cannot be met.

Speaking to The News, Mr Chainrai said: ‘Me and my business partner Levi Kushnir are very depressed with the situation over the fact PKF have refused to do a compromise deal over their fees.

‘Because they are failing to do a compromise with fees, there’s no way to move forward and take the club out of administration.

‘We are waiting for them to follow through on this.

‘We will be waiting, but we won’t be waiting for long.’

Administrator Trevor Birch has not confirmed the amount, but said negotiations are taking place.

He said: ‘Over the past six weeks or so I have been striving – in very difficult circumstances – to fulfil the terms of the CVA with Portpin.

‘This is so the club can come out of administration before the new season starts and have the best opportunity to move forward in a positive manner – as all the fans and employees of the club want to see.

‘At such a critical stage it is inappropriate to conduct confidential negotiations through the media and therefore until matters are finalised, one way or another, I do not intend to make any comments.’

Hang in there Agents Birch & Jackson (No! not THAT Jackson :rolleyes: ).

It'll be well worth the whipround you nutjobs!

I don't think TB has any need to do a deal at all. Otherwise, the next football club they are Administrator for (and there will be a next one), any potential purchaser will just chop their fees at the last minute. Won't happen imo.

Don't hold your breath but I bag Dec 2012 in any sweepstake.

Dec 2012 PFC(2012):company In Administration v HMRC

A reply to this http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/chainrai-threatens-to-walk-away-from-pompey-over-administrator-fee-dispute-1-4154861

bruzon

5:41 PM on 11/08/2012

I said it when Birch came out saying all the players had to leave... With the restrictions currently imposed by the league the only way would be for the club to be luquidated and that Birch needed to do it quickly. Unfortunatley it looks like Birch was setting up the club to be liquidated in a mannor hat would ensure it could not rise again. This time next year it pains me to say it Fratton Park could be a housing estate so as to pay birches liquidation fees...

I'm in tears :(

Birch, Chainrai, Gaydamak and the football league will be to blame!

But who will care...

1 reply

(1) (1)

Rate:

King Kanu The Great

5:45 PM on 11/08/2012

Birch, Chainrai and Football League are not too blame, the people to blame are those who spent the millions on one FA cup, the players, the trips abroad, the managers etc etc etc!

Woe is not us! We put ourselves in this situation! Why dont you get it? Pompey football club did this to itself! We still robbed nearly 150 million from the tax man! Most business would be wipped of the face of the earth, but the Premiership protected us, but the Football League do it right.

:-s

But hasn't it been mentioned somewhere within this thread that IF there were no football club left then the rule that says their dump of a ground can't be sold off for non sporting purposes would become meaningless. Thus the land could then be sold, with BC making a major deposit into his tesco bank account at his local fratton branch?

In liquidation the administrator will sell the ground and the proceeds will be distributed amongst the creditors (after deduction of administrators expenses of course!). BC does not get the proceeds directly, he will get a proportion of it in line with his total share of the debts. Liquidation is surely not in BC's interests so what is he playing at - he is a cunning fox so he obviously has a plan but what is it? However, apart from perhaps a tarnished reputation, liquidation is a good option for TB as his company stand to make more money from fees. Why should he budge to accommodate BC?

In liquidation the administrator will sell the ground and the proceeds will be distributed amongst the creditors (after deduction of administrators expenses of course!). BC does not get the proceeds directly, he will get a proportion of it in line with his total share of the debts. Liquidation is surely not in BC's interests so what is he playing at - he is a cunning fox so he obviously has a plan but what is it? However, apart from perhaps a tarnished reputation, liquidation is a good option for TB as his company stand to make more money from fees. Why should he budge to accommodate BC?

Doesn't it get distributed amongst the secured creditors first until they're paid in full before it goes to the unsecured creditors? And isn't Chainrai the only secured creditor? So won't he get it all, less expenses?

TB was appointed at the suggestion of HMRC. Too much of a conspiracy theory to suggest that HMRC said to TB 'drag it out as long as you possibly can for as big a fee as you can' in the hope that HMRC can finally exact revenge?

The bigger the fee the more Tax HMRC can get, the only way they can get Tax from anyone at PFC. :D

Also it's looking a bit more like my prediction about getting to Friday, asking for a postponement and then

going bang on Monday 20th could win the sweepstake. :D

Come on BC walk away this week and TB liquidate them. :D

Theyve just banned another P***ey fan from POL. His crime was saying they are obsessed with Saints fans posting on there. Which makes him automatically a Saints fan undercover apparently ! Sounds like POL is having a communal nervous breakdown to me.

only got 3 posts so quick question - what exactly is you want to happen ?

Personally for me Plan B with a trust based club, the fact that chinny is baulking is as far as I am concerned and many others great news.

I am assuming if we are "liquidised" The Trust will have the opportunity to purchase Fratton Park for what the administator thinks its worth.

By the way - strangely the Wessex league only has 17 teams in it at the mo ;)

Daniel Barrett ‏@Scannadan

So glad to see some of the #pompey youth getting a first team run out. Results aside, this is how it should be #PuP

Finally, some of them are finally getting it.

Here's another one:

Gary Bell ‏@pompeygary

@SogaardS Agreed we may have to play the youth. #Pompey

only got 3 posts so quick question - what exactly is you want to happen ?

Personally for me Plan B with a trust based club, the fact that chinny is baulking is as far as I am concerned and many others great news.

I am assuming if we are "liquidised" The Trust will have the opportunity to purchase Fratton Park for what the administator thinks its worth.

By the way - strangely the Wessex league only has 17 teams in it at the mo ;)

My position has always been a supporter based phoenix club would have universal support, even from us.

The diseased dog that is the current club needs killing.