Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Out of interest, who have they kicked out mid-season? Would like to see the circumstances.

Leeds City were expelled in 1919 but that's probably not relevant, Aldershot "resigned" in March 1992, Maidstone folded that summer and also resigned from the league.

Teams have to resign on their liquidation, the FL expunged Aldershot's 8 months' worth of fixtures.

Edited by The9

So, am I right that they have 11 hours to register a squad in time for the Plymouth cup game?

That deadline is only to sign additional players. In any case, they have enough players already, they will have to use their under 21 and under 18 squad like any other club would if in financial problems. Trouble is their fans and management etc think they are a special case and shouldn't have to use the youngsters. To aid this over the past few years they have been releasing youngsters they could have used for the first team so they can go begging to the Football League to sign new players.

Gotta love Chinny, asking TB to dump 25% of his fees! £200,000 upfront and the other £200,000 on the never never, because there is NO Chance of Chinman being around in years 3 & 4 to service the rest of the deferments (inc players!). In all honesty the players must now be realising they have been shat on too.....

You have to feel sorry for them .. how were they to know that this would happen? :rolleyes:

STAND BY FOR THE NEXT EPISODE IN THIS SOAP OPERA..

Chinny has got Birch and his company to browbeat the players to leave using the media to assist.

Now he has turned the the tables on them demanding they reduce their fees, and asking for them to be deferred..

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3268/league-one/2012/08/12/3302691/-?

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=289734

"Portpin said that they could not takeover unless certain events transpired - this has happened in most instances but now, as he told sky sports, Balram Chainrai has said that administrators PKF have to 'agree a compromise' on their fees this will not happen."

Chinny has got Birch and his company to browbeat the players to leave using the media to assist.

Now he has turned the the tables on them demanding they reduce their fees, and asking for them to be deferred..

"Portpin said that they could not takeover unless certain events transpired - this has happened in most instances but now, as he told sky sports, Balram Chainrai has said that administrators PKF have to 'agree a compromise' on their fees this will not happen."

You're only about 4 pages behind sir... ;-)

FRATTONISER

9:22 PM on 11/08/2012

f me, this is like russian roullete but a bit of a difference in that the gun is only ever pointed at PFC. Who will pull the trigger...players... PCC... BC... TB then back to the players (?), ffs this is never ending!

So true....good fun isn't it!!!!!!

FRATTONISER

f me, this is like russian roullete but a bit of a difference in that the gun is only ever pointed at PFC. Who will pull the trigger...players... PCC... BC... TB then back to the players (?), ffs this is never ending!

It still feels as is it has all been orchestrated by a Saints fan.

What trick will he come up with next? Sell the FA Cup win to Cardiff for 100 Grand?

Par for the course really

Portsmouth have "deferred" payment of their First Debt, circa £159 million first time around

They then followed that up by "deferring" their Second Debt, circa £50 million second time around

Then Birch "blackmailed" the players to "defer" their rightly owed Salaries for up to Four years hence

So, why has it now come as a shock that Birch is now asked to "defer" monies owed to his Company

This is PORTSMOUTH FFS

Still. it's good to know that the Football League has seen absolutely nothing wrong in all this

Pity that they didn't treat Luton, Bournemouth and others in the same lenient manner

The Football League must also be corrupt to the core

When/if the DFCSB do sign some of these trialist/players they will have pay deferrals written into the

contracts from the start

Something like " we are offering you a 3 year deal on 10k a week much better than elsewhere in league one"

then in the small print...

The 10k per week is subject to a 80% deferral clause balance payable in fourth year

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Wage budget will be £1.5 million now apparently.

£28,800 pounds a week. In a squad of 25 players that is £1,100 per week. (Before Tax.... oh, yeah, they don't worry about that.)

Welcome to reality Skates.

Even the 4 million would have been £3k a week. And how much were we paying for a team that had to fight every step of the way to go up?

Edited by Colinjb

£28,800 pounds a week. In a squad of 25 players that is £1,100 per week. (Before Tax.... oh, yeah, they don't worry about that.)

Welcome to reality Skates.

The moment they land this squad with -10 and no dodgy benefactors lined up, it will be very hard to claim that they have gotten away with anything...

The moment they land this squad with -10 and no dodgy benefactors lined up, it will be very hard to claim that they have gotten away with anything...

The average salery will be £60,000. There are teams in the Conference who pay more then that. They may have finally found their level.

Hell, they will have one or two fans that earn more then that!!

Edited by Colinjb

But as usual they'll go for quality over quantity and blow the whole budget on 10 players (in order to be competitive, you know!) and then worry about the consequences later...

You're right, they'll revert to type. Because they are idiots.

The average salery will be £60,000. There are teams in the Conference who pay more then that. They may have finally found their level.

Hell, they will have one or two fans that earn more then that!!

I am pleased to see you edited it from 228,000 to 60,000 as my piece of paper struggled to agree with the 228,000.

I earn that daily, didn't you know? At least, that's what people think gas and heating engineers get. At present, I'm lucky if I break £14k per year, yes that's right - per year. I am unable to work full time as I have to stay home to bring up my daughter, the little I bring in working evenings and weekends plus the occasional morning adds to the little my wife gets from her full time job - the three of us are living in a one bed rented flat and just about manage to get through the month. Ben Haim earns more in a week than my wife and I do combined in a year. Neither do we benefit from tax credits as the Govt lowered the cut off line.

I'm not actually complaining, we chose to have a child and at the time were able to afford it, but the market has dropped and we have to cut our cloth to suit - but these players just don't know what it's like, mostly because they have started their working lives in football and those that have had some success with it as a "career" (I use thatr term loosely, how can playing football be a career????) manage to carve out a good salary, they've had that most of their playing career one way or another and are so removed from the trappings and pit falls of real life that they do not know what it's like to be able to have the rare and precious opportunity of a night out once a year or so.

I do not pity any of them if their salaries are cut, I do not in the least bit envy them either - but I do get annoyed when they have such disregard for the fans who pay dearly to watch the beautiful game when they put in such a poor and disinterested performance.

Now, this is the type of Skate that I do sympathise with.

His comment about cutting cloth to suit is however something that I doubt they would ever want enforcing with their club, because then it will reveal their true level.

You're right, they'll revert to type. Because they are idiots.

This is their chance to become a normal football club working within sensible constraints to reach their long term goals. But it's as sure as death and taxes that their sense of entitlement to be in the top tier will drive them towards doing something rash that will cripple their club once again... There are so many :facepalm: left in this...

How do the 7,000 who have just chucked their hard-earned cash into the Chanrai pension fund feel now?

It could be an interesting few months.

Though I still find it impossible to believe that they will stick to wagcaps.

The wage deferrals from the former squad equate to in excess of a staggering £40K a week for four years.

That means UnAppy is going to have to work with £2M LESS than his total annual wage budget - which might explain why Portpin has reviewed their budget - Birch has been dishing out agreements to plucky heroes like crazy.

For hardcore nutjobs the pattern is a familiar one.

Chanrai is never going to pay a single penny of any agreements.

Expect another 'odd' sale of the business to dodgy unknowns, followed by a vague dispute over who is responsible for debts.

When the club budgets for the next year and ignores these debts, instead of saving money for creditors they will just pay it out on new players to gain a sporting advantage.

We will then get to the point where Lawrence or Kitson or whoever asks for their agreed money and the club can't afford it, because like a lazy kid in a sweetshop they will have stuck their little fat fingers around new shiny stuff and ignored forthcoming problems.

Cue headlines about greedy players trying to kill off the club....when the real issue will be poor/criminal management.

But Rallyboy you nutter, the FL will be all over them preventing them from overstretching themselves...

Yes, like it was when former Integrity big-hitter Lampitt was controlling spending - when in fact he was sat on the lap of the mafia, wiggling his booty like their little crack ***** and giggling like a girl.

If Chanrai takes control he will ignore the FL, the UK law - the man is a ruthless loan shark who has AA sailing his interests very close to the wind, and often beyond - he will do whatever he likes.

And once the new season leaves the station the league is powerless to prevent them doing whatever they want.

They won't chuck them out mid-season, they won't risk more penalties that could be challenged, we'll just be more outraged - but you can see it coming this time.

We will rant on here about how they can't do that legally or morally, outbidding championship teams, ignoring the wagecaps needed to pay off creditors - but experience says that Chinny will do whatever it takes to get his money back, whether that is investing to make the business look healthier than it is or just ignoring creditors or 'selling on' - and he's not going to be handing over his skinny little cash cow to a Trust, unless he can rob them too.

As long as he's getting drips of milk out of a dangling udder he will continue squeezing.

Anyone who attempts to shaft the administrator while keeping a poker face, owns more front than Redknapp Developments.

So nutjobs, accept that they are about to pull some dodgy stunts, then when it happens you'll feel less annoyed. :

Colinjb

Well he is a tad better off than myself as in the last 89 days I have managed to get 42 hours work.

I can be called in at an hours notice, sometimes less!, and am available 7 days a week. Pay rate is

the same as there are no overtime or double time on Sundays rates. Having said that I love my job

and the boss and his wife are great people to work for.

Edited by Saint in Paradise
Added Colinjb

On the topic of 'Their true level.'

A few assumptions. 1. They are self sustaining and 2. They stick to their budgets (Big, big provisos..... almost impossible but still)

Average crowd of 14k for all home games. 3 home cup games a year @ 10k. Sponsorship income of 1m per year. Other income also at 1m.

That puts them at a budget of about 10m for a year. We can be generous and say 15m to include any TV money, other income etc.

A realistic level for club wages spending seems to be at about 60% of annual turnover. That will give us 9 million pounds a year. In a squad of 25 players that's an avearage of £360k per player. Or £7k a week.

They are championship at best on this basis. (It's a vastly simplified model though, I grant you.) It puts the whole economic model of football into context too.

Colinjb

Well he is a tad better off than myself as in the last 89 days I have managed to get 42 hours work.

I can be called in at an hours notice, sometimes less!, and am available 7 days a week. Pay rate is

the same as there are no overtime or double time on Sundays rates. Having said that I love my job

and the boss and his wife are great people to work for.

Going on the rate of the last Plumber I called out on emergency (75 pounds an hour) that's about 3k in 3 months. Take out the employer's cut and that will leave you with very little.

FRATTONISER

to be fair... Saints fans told them how to avoid this and got banned from POL for thier troubles, accued of being a pony fiddler, they relished in "buying" another player (or 6).

All I can say is told you so, WTFILN.

Nice to see that the locals swallow everything uncritically. Why would TB want to help the club - he's not there to hold your hand and tell you everything will be ok, while Uncle Chinny is pulling down his pants... Apologies if the metaphor is too offensive...

kammystache

10:22 AM on 13/08/2012

TB is fleecing the club same as AA did. At no time has he even mentioned that his firm were prepared to lower their fee despite publicly hammering players for not reducing their demands. The shoe appears to be on the other foot now, be interesting to see how much he wants to help the club??? My guess is he won't he wants his £ just like the rest.

Nice to see that the locals swallow everything uncritically. Why would TB want to help the club - he's not there to hold your hand and tell you everything will be ok, while Uncle Chinny is pulling down his pants... Apologies if the metaphor is too offensive...

kammystache

TB is fleecing the club same as AA did. At no time has he even mentioned that his firm were prepared to lower their fee despite publicly hammering players for not reducing their demands. The shoe appears to be on the other foot now, be interesting to see how much he wants to help the club??? My guess is he won't he wants his £ just like the rest.

Lol...some on the snooze site, want the FL to buy them as in the RL and the 'Bradford bulls'

kammystache

I have to give some credit to trevor ( much as I hate too ) he must have a silver tongue to convince those players

to defer pay. Surely they must have realised that there is a danger they won't ever get paid ? Also it was/is unlikely

that trevor will be allowed to take a large cut in fees like BC has asked for?