Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Give then time!

Though to pass the time till the next blue banana skin I was wondering if we could come up with what would be on the soundtrack album of the film of the book if this thread. And as its Friday maybe some idea's for the cover art as well?

Another one bites the dust

The appliance of rocket science.

It seems pretty clear that our deluded friends believed that they would have sold the club, found a new investor to con or got Ocean Finance to stump up by now.

Clearly Grant's previous statements about not making player sales but adding to the squad show him to also live in la-la land as he believed what he was being told (unlike us wise 9,850+ posters)

So suddenly on Thursday it becmae clear to this week's owner that there were no fools with money left in the planet after the whole crash and so panic mode has set in.

How much can they get in? They will have no care for the value of any squad player, only how much cash they can get into their account before Sunday.

Alongside this, they will be begging their creditors that aren't sueing them to accept new payment plans, all the while hoping that the cash from Kaboul etc will cover the bills this weekend.

And they seem to be doing ALL of this without using any of their Directors. Jacobs, & storrie aren't involved, the owner will be at his Mosque in Saudi today (they take their Friday's very seriously) so the whole shooting match is now a one man band.

If I was a few, I'd be very worried today about what money gets moved to which creditor in the next 48 hours. While the UK law may be quite clear as to who is in the pecking order, the motley crew owning the place really don't care too much, extradition isn't easy from Israel, Saudi & the UAE for UK company law cases. Could take years to solve by which time they'll all be saying oh sorry, didn't understand...

But of course if somoeone found a memo or email showing that the Directors knew what has been going on, then the few would get their revenge quite easily...... just forward it to the DPP

Storries Xray?

fishbones.jpg

Superb work Crabby, that list must have taken ages but it was very much appreciated my friend :D

Bullsh1t.

There is NO way that is an X-Ray of Storrie.

That X-Ray clearly shows a back-bone, every Saints fan knows that Storrie Teller is a spineless c()nt

He could always resign and then sue for constructive dismissal.

I'm way behind so this may have been said...

If Storrie puts his record on the line at an industrial tribunal they'd turn up enough dirt to send him & several others down...fun thought but it won't happen.

While he clings to his job you can bet you a*se that he will make sure he gets paid way ahead of players, office staff or creditors & will go on the list of preferred payees as he is an employee despite his culpability in creating the situation.

No sympathy for the inbreds but if I were them (sorry, just the regulation number of fingers) I'd be lining Story teller & Redcrap up against the wall along with the fake sheiks.

They're clinging on by their fingernails.

Fortunately, they've got lots of those.

I wonder how many other small businesses are going to have to fold because of debts owed by Poopey. This is sheer incompetence and the full force of the law should be used against their board (oh, and the PFL for allowing them to continue with transfers when they can't even pay for a website let alone a new players wages).

Times article interesting

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article7007244.ece

The club received very little of the £1.6 million reported to remain from their share of the television payout, with the League setting some aside to pay Watford and West Ham United instalments due on the transfers of Tommy Smith and Hayden Mullins respectively.

So unlikely the embargo will be back in place before the end of the transfer window. One might even suspect that the PL knew what was coming and did it to make sure they had no involvement nearer the final collapse.

They're clinging on by their fingernails.

Fortunately, they've got lots of those.

I've said this before...there has to be a reason for all this 'firefighting'. It could be a case of sell the family silver, then run. IMO, it seems like the only reasonable explaination. If they sold all their players today, I wouldn't bank on the players and staff being paid..........there is something fishy going on:smt024

I havent seen it posted here already but SSN news said last night that the web firm who took the site down was over a payment of £2k!!!!

I expect the heirarchy are getting their salaries before everyone else....to think the Skates were lauding Storrie as some kind of genius for so long....

At least we saw through Lowe when at his worst...that lot kissed his arse.

Times article interesting

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/portsmouth/article7007244.ece

The club received very little of the £1.6 million reported to remain from their share of the television payout, with the League setting some aside to pay Watford and West Ham United instalments due on the transfers of Tommy Smith and
Hayden Mullins
respectively.

So unlikely the embargo will be back in place before the end of the transfer window. One might even suspect that the PL knew what was coming and did it to make sure they had no involvement nearer the final collapse.

Bloody hell! How long ago did he join them?? Not paid for yet?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=733095&sec=england&cc=5739

A close associate of Avram Grant has told
Soccernet
that the Portsmouth manager will be in the dugout at Manchester City on Sunday despite having "had enough" of the situation at Fratton Park.

The source revealed that Grant is due to cancel Friday's press conference as he believes answering questions would further damage his slim chances of keeping the club alive in the Premier League.

With Younes Kaboul, Asmir Begovic, Aruna Didane and Mike Williamson already on their way out of Fratton Park, Grant is understood to be deeply concerned as he thought that the club would do everything in their power to keep their best players.

Presumably then all players will not be paid either until one of the bigger transfers goes through.

And if that doesn't happen by the end of today.......

even then It's very unlikely that the buying club will transfer the cash on the very same day.

I expect they would get standard 28 days to settle.

Not sure how it works honestly.

even then It's very unlikely that the buying club will transfer the cash on the very same day.

I expect they would get standard 28 days to settle.

Not sure how it works honestly.

Sounds like he may be going to £8M (before deductions) rather than the £10 offered elsewhere so one would guess that part of the deal for going for less would be more immediate payment.

It is a little strange that Storrie is throwing his toys out of the pram about not being in on the loop about discussions with Spurs. I would assume that his old mate Harry would have kept him pretty much up to date on any news. The least he would have done is picked up the phone to Harry.

Storrie's full of sh1te - he knows exactly what's going on..as does Avram.

They're just basing their spiel on the Skates being thick enough to fall for it.

A lot of them have already sussed him out...but they've fallen for his sort of fan friendly rhetoric in years gone by.

I would go as far as to say this is one experience which will not end in a happy finish...;-)

It is a little strange that Storrie is throwing his toys out of the pram about not being in on the loop about discussions with Spurs. I would assume that his old mate Harry would have kept him pretty much up to date on any news. The least he would have done is picked up the phone to Harry.

He's probably annoyed he is not getting his usual cut!

Agree with this suggestion....Between Arry, Storrie and a couple of their agents..All in the loop covering their own backs but still trying to make a few more bucks ..:cool:

Give then time!

Though to pass the time till the next blue banana skin I was wondering if we could come up with what would be on the soundtrack album of the film of the book of this thread. And as its Friday maybe some idea's for the cover art as well?

Aficionados of the blues (music, that is!) will know the excellent song by Sleepy John Estes - "Broken Hearted, Ragged and Dirty Too". Very fitting indeed for TCWTB I'd say.

I know it's not the most trustworthy or sources, but Wiki says that Pompey's new 'star' signing Quincy Owusu-Abeyie spent the second half of last season on loan to Cardiff... where he made a total of four substitute appearances in half a season. He then spent the summer training with Bristol City... who failed to offer him a deal.

Not sure why reports say he needs international clearance, wasn't he born in Holland?

I know it's not the most trustworthy or sources, but Wiki says that Pompey's new 'star' signing Quincy Owusu-Abeyie spent the second half of last season on loan to Cardiff... where he made a total of four substitute appearances in half a season. He then spent the summer training with Bristol City... who failed to offer him a deal.

Not sure why reports say he needs international clearance, wasn't he born in Holland?

Ahh..that'll be because Hayling Island is offshore. ;-)

It's because he's been signed from a foreign club. HTH.

Luckily they've decided to sign someone who is barely championship quality.

Love the way we are signing some of the best players from mid-table Championship clubs...

whereas the Skates are signing players rejected by mid-table Champtionship clubs.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})