Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Imagine if Spurs were to suddenly back out of the transfer...

what, if say his inflamed big toe produced a failed medical? I think we can safely say that the game would be up. I'm amazed they allowed hi to play in the last two games. Amazed.

He runs things. The Quay have been trying to get him on their show for months but for some strange reason he refuses. He did one or two interviews at the time the `March to the Park' was announced - possibly to try and appease fans a little, but none before or after.

As I understand it all the finances are now overseen by him. I believe the finance officer resigned last week, and we now Tells Stories isn't allowed anywhere near the books (who can blame Jacobs for that, would you want Tells Stories near your money???).

I just wonder if Jacobs gave Stories permission to tell the world last night the inner affairs of PFC? If I was Jacobs I'd be fuming. Stories has undermined him. Amazed he has not got shot. Perhaps he just hopes that if he gives the ****er enough rope...

Is he running things? Has anyone heard of him doing anything in the last week or so? A few weeks back the media was full of quotes from him but can't remember seeing any from the last week only ones from storrie.

Also he should have been able to sign the forms that they had to get Storrie to sign so why wheel in Storrie to do it if he was around?

He runs things. The Quay have been trying to get him on their show for months but for some strange reason he refuses. He did one or two interviews at the time the `March to the Park' was announced - possibly to try and appease fans a little, but none before or after

He did pop up on, I think, South Today a couple of days ago, didn't catch it all but he was referring to the derby match but wouldn't use the word 'Southampton'! Maybe he thought all the skates would love him for it.

Is he running things? Has anyone heard of him doing anything in the last week or so? A few weeks back the media was full of quotes from him but can't remember seeing any from the last week only ones from storrie.

Also he should have been able to sign the forms that they had to get Storrie to sign so why wheel in Storrie to do it if he was around?

no one heard him speak before two weeks ago, but he has been running things since October. Just because he has gone quiet again doesn't mean he isn't running things. Besides he was quoted in the News on Wednesday 27th Jan so he HAS been talking a little bit. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/New-signings-are-on-their.6016527.jp

Tells Stories said last night that Jacobs was handling the refinancing of the club. That sounds pretty involved to me.

Maybe two board member signatures are needed.

O'Hara deal done. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/O39Hara-rejoins-Pompey.6027136.jp

Edited by Chez

Radio 5 live just done a feature , not really amything new, but nothing at all positive to say about anything :D

Actually one thing the chap did say was that there was still no firm news on whether or not Grant had walked or not, they again said no confirmation he was at training this morning

Interesting from the Skate News articles that Storrie signed off the Kaboul transfer as he 'was the only authorised signatory' - hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Someone telling porkies last night then when saying everything was being done behind his back??

Also, so he is the man who should sign off the Nugent deal, surely?

Smoke & Mirrors? Nah, more like Wheelbarrow and Bullsh1t....[/QUOTE]

Two good bands!!

no one heard him speak before two weeks ago, but he has been running things since October. Just because he has gone quiet again doesn't mean he isn't running things. Besides he was quoted in the News on Wednesday 27th Jan so he HAS been talking a little bit. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/New-signings-are-on-their.6016527.jp

Tells Stories said last night that Jacobs was handling the refinancing of the club. That sounds pretty involved to me.

Maybe two board member signatures are needed.

Your probably right. Just odd the change from him to storrie being the voice of pompey, especially the way storrie is now playing it.

just been on sky;

can't pay wages and current bills but when sale of Kaboul goes through they will be ok.

Also 'Arry saying he spoke with Avram and said if he doesn't want to sell he will pull out, and Avram told him he has to sell.

Also Avram saying he knows nothing about the sale, not does Storrie!

Ah, back to the usual comical pompey :)

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/154780/Portsmouth-and-Tottenham-sign-deal-behind-Avram-Grant-s-back

Most of the outfield squad tried to lift their spirits by taking time out from training yesterday to go go-karting with money collected from player fines.

But when they return today, they will have nowhere to store their training equipment after Portsmouth failed to pay for the storage container it is kept in.

but surely nick.....NOT getting o'hara in would mean they might get extra ££££ from the deal..

unless spurs are saying they are paying his wages and it has nothing to do with the kaboul deal..?

yeah but they need decent players to get them out of the hole. Frankly cash is not will save them (eg £5m or less) it is their PL survival. if they happen to stay up all of a sudden they will have a lower wage bill and the big tv revenues flowing in.That would make them attractive to an investor. Therefore their focus is to get a side together that can stay up and do anything to deflect any other bills. hence CCJ's and winding up order put to the back of their priorities.

I hope I have got that right Clapham and others may explain it better...if they agree with this of course

God, Redknapp just can't help himself can he?

Just seen him on SSN, "spoke to Avram and told him, if you dont want to sell him, I wont get involved".

You've got to hand it to him, he's the Tony Blair of football managers.Screwing them, whilst the press lap up the good guy act.

Can't believe more hasn't been made out of that quote, especially by the finance people of Spurs. Either they really need the player and he is essential for the success of the club and worth the money and wages etc or he's not needed. Not based on the whim of Harry whether or not he fancies that that the deal would be good?

If they owe money to many you wonder if they can afford the flights to Manchester and Hotels.

Do you believe they are up to date with Council business rates to the City Council, the rents on the shopping centre shops in Portsmouth and Fareham?, what about paying for policing at games?

Some of these are significant monthly and quarterly outgoings.

Take out the emotion of it being pompey, but lifting the embargo seems to make the PL look pretty stupid in my opinion, given they cant pay the ones they have.

I think the PL could only legally uphold the embargo whilst pompey had missed actual due payments. They somehow managed to prove they were up to date or had rescheduled everything and so the PL had no choice but to lift the embargo.

This is getting stupid if they cant pay the wages until transfers are done they have a lots of creditors waiting to be paid including the tax man the sky money is gone how are they still in business.

They debts keep coming next months wages interest on loans ect ect ect they have no money coming in except ticket revenue you have to think season ticket money is long gone how on earth are they allowed to keep racking up the debts ?

Once the window shuts where are the funds coming from to keep them going is it possible they are going wriggle out of this and not go into admin.

I am bemused & confused from Wet End just how bad have things got be for them to go t1ts up ?

they are screwed in the league anyway

their next 3 league games are away to Man city, Fulham and Man U..

1 point MAX out of that lot...

MUCH more to the point however....

Zero income from them as they are all away games and the home club keeps all the receipts.

:D

Letter sent to the Premier League from a Skate..........It made me chuckle in parts....

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=227457

Dear Richard and anyone at the F.A or Premier League.

How could you allow this to happen to my beloved club.

I as well as thousands of others are absolutly devastated at how you have allowed the only Skint Arabs in the world to take over our club and destroy it, and not only once but twice. What is so fit and proper about these assett strippers you have allowed to own our club and basically run it into the ground.

How can you allow a guy to run an English Premier league club without even meeting the guy and finding out what his crudentials are and let his assistant, an already convicted fraudster ( who you didnt allow to one of your recent meetings) Dictate and basically run our club into the ground. We have become a laughing stock and in reality so have you for allowing this to happen. We are supposed to be the best league in the world however it seems to be run by idiots who only care for the top 4 clubs.

How can Spurs be allowed to sell and then buy players back within 12- 18 mths, do you not think something dodgy is a foot. How can we owe them money when they have recently bought all of our best players who is overseeing all of this. You allowed them to buy Defoe back even though he had played for more than 2 clubs within a year are you also going to turn a blind eye and forget the rules to allow them to buy our only valuable assett for the future in Begovic??

For a Premier league club our debts are not that bad , however I do understand the reasoning in putting a transfer embargo on us whilst in this situation.

I feel very let down by you and the so called governing body of the so called best league in the world, and I feel that whatever happens to P.F.C in the future you need to learn from this and put stricter guidelines in the future not only for new owners but also the buying and selling of players from club to club , how can we still be owed money for Mendez and Benjani who have left our club over 2 years ago it is a joke.

I know that we have been punching above our weight but for a club who have won the hearts of many neutrals and recently won the F.A CUP against all odds I think we have become a victim of being unwanted in this league due to our passionate fans,old fashioned ground and working class culture. Not everyone wants to sit eating Prawn sandwiches watching a passionless club win everything and whilst we are talking about Man united what are you going to do about the fans throwing coins and bottles at Bellamy the other night live on T.V, I know that if it Was P.F.C we would have been made an example of, thrown out of the cup and probably had a police enquiry and multi arrests made. Funnily enough even on Sky sports it was never once mentioned again after it happened.

I am for one hoping we go into administration to get rid of the current owners and hope we still have a club left after the assett strippers have bleed us dry, regardless of what leaque this may be in but just had to vent my anger/dissapointment with the powers that have let this happen. The whole world is watching us and you!!!!!!

PLAY UP POMPEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by saint lard

Letter sent to the Premier League from Skate..........It made me chuckle in parts....

regardless of the numerous spelling mistakes the skate makes several very valid points. Its not his fault his club is being torn apart and made to look stupid, its the con men and crooks that somehow took control of poopey. I do hope they survive all of this (after significant punishment and points deductions of course!)

To be fair also, a lot of the arguments and the blame could be put at the feet of...

PETER STORRIE.

Why blame the League? Storrie oversaw those 'deals' between the clubs..which led to their financial dire straits.

Look closer to home Skates. Hope your day out was worth it. Didn't hear you asking then where the money was coming from...sounds like (in a perverted way) you SHOULD be THANKING REDKRAPP...after all..no-one else wants your players do they?

To be fair also, a lot of the arguments and the blame could be put at the feet of...

PETER STORRIE.

Why blame the League? Storrie oversaw those 'deals' between the clubs..which led to their financial dire straits.

Look closer to home Skates. Hope your day out was worth it. Didn't hear you asking then where the money was coming from...sounds like (in a perverted way) you SHOULD be THANKING REDKRAPP...after all..no-one else wants your players do they?

didnt they already give him freedom of the city..?

Letter sent to the Premier League from a Skate..........It made me chuckle in parts....

I know that we have been punching above our weight but for a club who have won the hearts of many neutrals and recently won the F.A CUP against all odds I think we have become a victim of being unwanted in this league due to our passionate fans,old fashioned ground and working class culture.

Foooking Hell, they really believe all that bullshyte don't they :)

http://http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/portsmouth-wages-rest-on-kaboul-deal-1883327.html

Redknapp maintained he had sympathy for Portsmouth manager Avram Grant and said Tottenham had entered into negotiations for Kaboul and goalkeeper Asmir Begovic with the blessing of the Israeli.

"I said if you don't want to sell them Avram we won't get involved," Redknapp added.

"(Grant) said 'We need to sell them. We need to make the sales otherwise we are in trouble'."

:rolleyes:

Ermm, I've got news for you Avram. You already ARE in trouble - player sales or no player sales.

Dear Richard and anyone at the F.A or Premier League.

How could you allow this to happen to my beloved club.

I as well as thousands of others are absolutly devastated at how you have allowed the only Skint Arabs in the world to take over our club and destroy it, and not only once but twice. What is so fit and proper about these assett strippers you have allowed to own our club and basically run it into the ground.

How can you allow a guy to run an English Premier league club without even meeting the guy and finding out what his crudentials are and let his assistant, an already convicted fraudster ( who you didnt allow to one of your recent meetings) Dictate and basically run our club into the ground. We have become a laughing stock and in reality so have you for allowing this to happen. We are supposed to be the best league in the world however it seems to be run by idiots who only care for the top 4 clubs.

How can Spurs be allowed to sell and then buy players back within 12- 18 mths, do you not think something dodgy is a foot. How can we owe them money when they have recently bought all of our best players who is overseeing all of this. You allowed them to buy Defoe back even though he had played for more than 2 clubs within a year are you also going to turn a blind eye and forget the rules to allow them to buy our only valuable assett for the future in Begovic??

For a Premier league club our debts are not that bad , however I do understand the reasoning in putting a transfer embargo on us whilst in this situation.

I feel very let down by you and the so called governing body of the so called best league in the world, and I feel that whatever happens to P.F.C in the future you need to learn from this and put stricter guidelines in the future not only for new owners but also the buying and selling of players from club to club , how can we still be owed money for Mendez and Benjani who have left our club over 2 years ago it is a joke.

I know that we have been punching above our weight but for a club who have won the hearts of many neutrals and recently won the F.A CUP against all odds I think we have become a victim of being unwanted in this league due to our passionate fans,old fashioned ground and working class culture. Not everyone wants to sit eating Prawn sandwiches watching a passionless club win everything and whilst we are talking about Man united what are you going to do about the fans throwing coins and bottles at Bellamy the other night live on T.V, I know that if it Was P.F.C we would have been made an example of, thrown out of the cup and probably had a police enquiry and multi arrests made. Funnily enough even on Sky sports it was never once mentioned again after it happened.

I am for one hoping we go into administration to get rid of the current owners and hope we still have a club left after the assett strippers have bleed us dry, regardless of what leaque this may be in but just had to vent my anger/dissapointment with the powers that have let this happen. The whole world is watching us and you!!!!!!

PLAY UP POMPEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the bit further down where one of them said he'd not be bothered where Gaddaffi Jnr got his money from to buy them.

It seems they'd be prepared to sell their sole to the devil. :D

I liked the bit further down where one of them said he'd not be bothered where Gaddaffi Jnr got his money from to buy them.

It seems they'd be prepared to sell their sole to the devil. :D

No mention of their 'hero' Storrie... what a **** up. I don't blame the arabs at all... **** me, they didn't overspend by £50m and then deny all knowledge...

I guess that they're tired of skate-ing round the issue and have realised finally that the 'takeover' is a load of old Pollocks.

Oh Cod....looks like they're done up like a kipper.

yep something fishy going on the Sharks are gathering if only they had a few Squid they are going to get knocked off there Perch but it has Bream coming it will take time to Eel if only they hadnt been so Shellfish

regardless of the numerous spelling mistakes the skate makes several very valid points. Its not his fault his club is being torn apart and made to look stupid, its the con men and crooks that somehow took control of poopey. I do hope they survive all of this (after significant punishment and points deductions of course!)

Yes, some valid points.

But he fails to see the connection between the financial apocalypse they now face and winning the FA Cup final "against the odds".

"Against the odds"? Well by attracting footballers by paying them 80K and 100K per week, you tend to shorten the odds a little in your favour.

You also store up the sort of debt that is now crippling them.

They make Olympic athletes give back medals and they re-write record books if it's found that they won through unfair advantage.

F.A. ?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})