Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I have to wonder whether they will make low earners redundant and let all their loan players stay on.. disgrace if so, and a massive kick in the teeth for those people who lose their jobs.

Just getting rid of one of their loan players wages could probably save several jobs...

"It is thought Mr Andronikou, who is an experienced handler of football club takeovers, may no longer need Mr Storrie's expertise now there are a reported 12 interested parties looking to buy Pompey"

Storries expertise!!!!! LMAO.

If you're ever looking for a definition of an oxymoron, look no further!

Brilliant comment...

Storrie is a victim of circumstances. When the money was flowing hardly anybody had a bad word to say about him

head...sand....

and they reckon the price of the club is going up!! It was overvalued by about £35m when they were asking £30m!!!! LMAO

So Chester City's results have been expunged from the Conference today - with a new table to be published this afternoon without any of their results included.

Easy for the Conference to sort out - come on PL, you know it makes sense!

Nice little slot for pompey to fill next season, though I'd prefer them to be a few leagues further down.

As matter of interest what happened to all the Aviva and Barclays debts when Saints got taken over. Were they paid in full or just 'x' in the pound?

Debts paid in full apparently, although to pay off the ground it was what Aviva wanted, not what they were actually owed under the terms of the mortgage.

PES you are not in a final but semi final. I have been there and seen us lose twice, not at wembley I grant you (in itself having the wsemis at wembley devalues the final) and I promise you it is really sickening.

I agree about FA Cup Semi Final games being held at Wembley devaluing things, likewise having every tin pot play-off final and poxy lower league minows cup competition held there also takes the sheen off things. ;)

I agree about FA Cup Semi Final games being held at Wembley devaluing things, likewise having every tin pot play-off final and poxy lower league minows cup competition held there also takes the sheen off things. ;)

I wouldn't devalue the Johnstone's Paint Final PES, it's all your lot will have to play for in two seasons....(maybe one..remember Swindon?!) ;-)

Thats true. Unfortunately we have mongs on both sides. Billionaire and gun running fraudster owners come and go. The test of fans is not only who sticks around when times are bad but also who can refrain from bigging themselves up when good fortune like a clean welathy owner comes their way.

I live in Brighton and went past the new stadium yesterday. Brighton have endured 15 years of ****e since losing their ground - even sharing with Gillingham of all places - but the corner is eventually being turned and Im delighted for them.

falmer-stadium-webcam.jpg

Yeah me too, I go to The University of Sussex quite a lot and it's great to see the progress they are making, on what will be a very interesting stadium, I'd love that for Pompey. :)

Yeah me too, I go to The University of Sussex quite a lot and it's great to see the progress they are making, on what will be a very interesting stadium, I'd love that for Pompey. :)

Why don't you ask them to let you share it?

If the JPT semi final I also would agree that devalues the competition. The semi finals originally were played at Wembley as some clubs had massive fan bases and so it was fair when clubs like Man u and Liverpool were in the semis, the excuse for Pompey is??? Surely the semi final should be played at Wigan or Blackburn to house your lot.

A pleasure to read such confidence.Since saturday and the gloating from even the more reasonalbe fans has made me recall why I need to see them back where they belong.

Nick, Please don't join the ranks of those who can't 'handle' one day of good news for Pompey, without breaking into hissy fits and tantrums of bile. For those who see it as 'war', it's a very small victory for Pompey in a war that cannot be won. As a fan I won't apologise for enjoying a day of relief from what has and will continue to be a constant barage of bad news, as someone who posts in an environment of gloating and schadenfreude, I really don't see any comparisons. Whilst 100% SFC, you've always been as evenly handed as can be expected, please stay that way as it's credit to you and makes your posts and points worth reading. :)

If the JPT semi final I also would agree that devalues the competition. The semi finals originally were played at Wembley as some clubs had massive fan bases and so it was fair when clubs like Man u and Liverpool were in the semis, the excuse for Pompey is??? Surely the semi final should be played at Wigan or Blackburn to house your lot.

The Silverlake would do for that, and its nearer.

My thoughts exactly. If I was in their situation I would be ashamed of the club. Just goes to show what class of fan they are.

I cannot understand how I could be ashamed of my club? I'm a fan, I love Portsmouth, Maybe like a parent who finds excuses for the son who everyone else knows is a bad egg, all the same I love my club and could never be ashamed of Portsmouth Football Club, but instead angry at the people who have used it to their own ends. I'd feel more ashamed of anyone who'd wash their hands of something they love so readily. Likewise, that would tell me something of the 'class' of that kind of fan.

TBH having poopey there devalues any competition..:rolleyes:

HMRC on the co-operation of the FL as opposed to "other" football authorities

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/08/portsmouth-hmrc-paye-tax

From that article pompey on their own account for about 60% of all the outstanding debt from all football clubs to HMRC. Not too surprising they went after them. Would be interesting to know if that amount owed by all clubs has come down much recently thanks to the fear factor that the action against pompey has probably created in other clubs overdue with their taxes.

I cannot understand how I could be ashamed of my club? I'm a fan, I love Portsmouth, Maybe like a parent who finds excuses for the son who everyone else knows is a bad egg, all the same I love my club and could never be ashamed of Portsmouth Football Club, but instead angry at the people who have used it to their own ends. I'd feel more ashamed of anyone who'd wash their hands of something they love so readily. Likewise, that would tell me something of the 'class' of that kind of fan.

So why the f*ck do you bother to post on here? Whats the point? Do you see yourself as some kind of UN peacekeeping force? :confused:

i know how you feel,i,m just glad we had a club to support after all games that went on while we were in admin

So why the f*ck do you bother to post on here? Whats the point? Do you see yourself as some kind of UN peacekeeping force? :confused:

i don,t mind him posting on these boards has it would be a boring forum if it was just a saints fans love-in.

plus i love how we can take the Micky out of his club.:D

What happens if the PL forward Pompey enough money to ensure Burnley go down at the expense of West Ham, Liverpool make 4th place at the expense of Man City?

Never happen IMO...

Completely agree GM. If the PL are so worried about the integrity of their competition they should throw Pompey out and expunge their results. It's the only way to preserve what little integrity they have left. At the very least, all results since the window shut have been 'earned' dishonestly. Brum should go forward to play Spurs / Fulham, and Pompey thrown out.

It's interesting that AA is now playing the 'integrity' card as a reason why they shouldn't offload players now. The whole think stinks.

So, an interesting question....

Let's say you're very rich and you've got £70m burning a whole in your pocket, do you :

a) Buy Pompey and end up with [at best] a Championship club with a large points deduction.

or

b) Buy Rangers for £30m and spend another £20m on cars and houses, hookers and wine, and have a team that will regularly win things, have no debt, and probably turn a profit once debt free owing to the fact that they have a large stadium and ready made facilities. Oh, and you've still got £20m in your pocket to buy a boat with :D

So, basically, they're toast :D

Let's say you're very rich and you've got £70m burning a whole in your pocket, do you :

a) Buy Pompey and end up with [at best] a Championship club with a large points deduction.

or

b) Buy Rangers for £30m and spend another £20m on cars and houses, hookers and wine, and have a team that will regularly win things, have no debt, and probably turn a profit once debt free owing to the fact that they have a large stadium and ready made facilities. Oh, and you've still got £20m in your pocket to buy a boat with :D

Or buy Everton for 70 million -Kenwright has said they will sell for that

No not at all Scotty, I post here 'cos I enjoy it. My point to Nick, was that enjoying a victory for Pompey is not provocatively gloating. On the whole I enjoy the banter, I stick around for the **** and it is mostly **** and don't feel that my defending Pompey should be construed as gloating.

VFTT, it is easy to say 'It's really not hard to understand.' but frankly nothing in this has been logical for quite some time.

I have some (in fact a lot of) sympathy with that view, but basically if you really think Pompey will come out of this smelling of roses you really need to re-read this thread!:-)

No not at all Scotty, I post here 'cos I enjoy it. My point to Nick, was that enjoying a victory for Pompey is not provocatively gloating. On the whole I enjoy the banter, I stick around for the **** and it is mostly **** and don't feel that my defending Pompey should be construed as gloating.

Seems reasonable to me. Happy to have you here PES, and would rather your sense of reality than Ho's sense of fantasy.

i don,t mind him posting on these boards has it would be a boring forum if it was just a saints fans love-in.

plus i love how we can take the Micky out of his club.:D

Thanks Solent, believe it or not, I still spend more times on Pompey boards than Saints ones. :)

I was thinking that the taxman had a list of 10-20 clubs who owe shedloads but it seems from that HMRC interview that Pompey is by far football's main offender.

That's not a good position to be in, there's safety in numbers.

If my club was the one who stood out from the crowd and deliberately took the p=ss out of the taxman I would have concerns for the future.

But AA was right, Saturday was 'a fantastic day for all the creditors' - not quite as good as the day when you eventually pay their effing bills, but 'fantastic' nevertheless.

Has the Hong Kong loan shark fallen in love with the club yet?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/162161/Portsmouth-facing-FA-axe-for-Wembley

But even if the High Court concludes that Portsmouth are not legally in administration, they could still be kicked out of the cup – because the Revenue will seek a winding-up order which, if granted, would be an “insolvency event”, and trigger the FA’s clause.

If they are wound up they cease to exist so removing them from the cup becomes something of a formality.

"They have used players they cannot afford against clubs who have been paying their bills on time."

That one sentence sums it all up. Bastards. :mad:

The FA also have been incredibly lucky SHOULD this happen as the replay between Spuds & Fulham could be changed to a "Semi Final" and played at Wembley.

Rather unlikely that the north London yobbos would want to move it away from WHL and lose home advantage! :)

I'd have thought Yeovil, Torquay or Havant & Waterlooville wourld have been more appropriate as venue, considering the number of fans poopey normally take away!!

or

And a brand with a world following

And a brand with a world following

Rangers a club with a global following? Get a grip SW Saint. They have a large loyal fan base, agreed, but not a global following, unless you're counting the global ex Glasgow family. And don't forget the Scots are going down to 1 place in the CL league, even less money for Celtic and Rangers.

Anyway for what is it now £75m? You could buy Newcastle, or has Ashley upped the price now they're going to get promoted?

Rangers a club with a global following? Get a grip SW Saint. They have a large loyal fan base, agreed, but not a global following, unless you're counting the global ex Glasgow family. And don't forget the Scots are going down to 1 place in the CL league, even less money for Celtic and Rangers.

Anyway for what is it now £75m? You could buy Newcastle, or has Ashley upped the price now they're going to get promoted?

Newcastle not for sale.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/7361339/Newcastle-United-not-for-sale-says-managing-director-Derek-Llambias.html

The position is there is no money out there. The reality is that football is not what it was. We had two possible buyers and they didn't put their money up. So at the end of the day they are not real.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})