Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Ok here's an analogy for you. If through no fault of your own your house had become infested with Rats, would you want it raised to the ground for you to have to build it all back up again? Of course not. I see an AFC Pompey as a last case scenario and would rather the damage inflicted was given a bit of time to repair and slowly make the house habitable again. Thankfully the powers that be have given Pompey the benefit of the doubt and a little breathing space to try to sort things out. Despite what you may think Pompey have been punished, maybe not to the extent many on here would want, but i'm under no illusion that should things be proven and the club and not just individuals found guilty, then further penalties will be inevitable.

I don't think that analogy works very well, but I'll see if I can make it work. If the rats who infested my house had spent beyond their means to cheat my way to a FA Cup, as well as PL survival for years at the expense of other houses that didn't cheat, then I really couldn't complain if my house were condemned for demolition, especially since I only wanted to call in exterminators when it went tits up. :p

They have loaned Matt Ritchie to Swindon Town today. Can't really complain about a small squad and 3 or 4 players on the bench if they do things like this.

If its to save money then its what they should be doing really. Will wait and see though as bringing in Kaka and Drogba will prob follow shortly. :rolleyes:

if they were serious about saving money they would offload Kitson, Lawrence, Nugent, Kanu, Mokoena, etc, etc - rather than saving £100 a week on the yts kid from Gosport.

And fair play to the kid, he should be the real future of the club, not the overpaid prima donnas that got them out of the top flight and into administration.

Another stunt to fool the authorities and generate sympathy for poor plucky pompey who can't field a whole bench, from their squad of about 27!

They have assembled a decent championship team, one that they can in no way afford to pay.

New season, same stunt, different division, continued insolvency likely.

What is the record time for a UK business being allowed to continue trading insolvently?

They must have been doing it for about a year now - and Man City don't count, they keep chucking more funding in to balance the books.

If its to save money then its what they should be doing really. Will wait and see though as bringing in Kaka and Drogba will prob follow shortly. :rolleyes:

If they want to save money then Ritchie would play in the 1st team and they wouldn't sign Liam Lawerence. SC keeps complaining about only having 3 or 4 on the bench yet they do this. They could also call up youth team players to make up the numbers on the bench. Instead they use it to play the sympathy card and with some areas of the media it seems to work for them.

They have loaned Matt Ritchie to Swindon Town today. Can't really complain about a small squad and 3 or 4 players on the bench if they do things like this.

Good,hopefully i will now be able to go into my local pub without him being there with loads of chav like hangers on.

So where are we ?

Lampitt, said they would be out of adminstration by the end of last week, but a lose lipped android let slip to Solent that there were problems and nothing seems to have happened and the takeover agreement has expired.

Likewise the crossing the I's and dotting the T's with the football league, hasn't quite happened yet either.

Having got it to this stage it would be unimaginable that Chanarai and co can't get the deal over the line.....I wonder what could be the hold up? Now of course everything could be going swimmingly behind the scenes, but at guess, maybe one of the below?

1) Someone else has put a bid in for the club (hopefully Lever). Intrestingly enough the CVA made no provision for the money raised through actually selling the club and we all assummed that chanarai would simply take it over for nothing.... but (Need some help from Clapham on this one) if someone has offered a chunk of cash and underwrites the agreed CVA, then andriod is duty bound to take the best deal for the creditors. The argument as to who would be best for the club in the long run, is irrelevent, if they can prove they have the funds to do it ( I think) andriod is duty bound. If he tried to push it through, the other party could cry foul and then its back to court.

2) The interim reports that gaydamak and Chanarai have charges over the same assetts, but that their legal team were looking into the validity of the charges. If it turns out that Gaydamak's claim is valid, then basically he owns fratton park and that would be hilarious and very very messy.

3) The money has run out from the intial parachute payment and the club needs a cash injection, that chanarai, would need to stump up and he doesnt want to put his hand in his pocket.

It was a hectic weekend for the South African skipper who revealed he had agreed terms on a new three-year Pompey contract after discussions with chief executive David Lampitt.

Mokoena said: 'I had a meeting with the chief executive on Friday night and everything is agreed now.

'I just have to sign the contract now.

'Unfortunately, I am away on international duty but I will sign it when I come back.

Can they sign contracts as i don't think the embargo has ended?

So where are we ?

Lampitt, said they would be out of adminstration by the end of last week, but a lose lipped android let slip to Solent that there were problems and nothing seems to have happened and the takeover agreement has expired.

Likewise the crossing the I's and dotting the T's with the football league, hasn't quite happened yet either.

Having got it to this stage it would be unimaginable that Chanarai and co can't get the deal over the line.....I wonder what could be the hold up? Now of course everything could be going swimmingly behind the scenes, but at guess, maybe one of the below?

1) Someone else has put a bid in for the club (hopefully Lever). Intrestingly enough the CVA made no provision for the money raised through actually selling the club and we all assummed that chanarai would simply take it over for nothing.... but (Need some help from Clapham on this one) if someone has offered a chunk of cash and underwrites the agreed CVA, then andriod is duty bound to take the best deal for the creditors. The argument as to who would be best for the club in the long run, is irrelevent, if they can prove they have the funds to do it ( I think) andriod is duty bound. If he tried to push it through, the other party could cry foul and then its back to court.

2) The interim reports that gaydamak and Chanarai have charges over the same assetts, but that their legal team were looking into the validity of the charges. If it turns out that Gaydamak's claim is valid, then basically he owns fratton park and that would be hilarious and very very messy.

3) The money has run out from the intial parachute payment and the club needs a cash injection, that chanarai, would need to stump up and he doesnt want to put his hand in his pocket.

4) BC is waiting as long as possible to see if Cheats FC have a chance to go up, giving him a chance to get his hands on more PL riches?

I haven't seen it, but this sounds like disgraceful refereeing, the sort that shows a clear lack of knowledge of the way the laws of the game work.

They may have missed Mokeona's elbow, that kind of stuff can happen and is understood... but this was an off the ball incident that resulted in a penalty..... EXCUSE ME???? This was an off the ball incident and therefore should have been an indirect free kick. Boro' have been robbed. Not only has the skate cheated the ref may have made a shocker here...

Sorry brightspark but you're wrong. It doesn't matter where the ball is (as long as it's still in play) if someone is stupid enough to lamp an opponent in his own penalty area it's a penalty. It's frustrating that the assistant didn't see the first offence 'cos P****y would have finished with ten men and probably lost, but I'm afraid the ref wasn't wrong.

If they want to save money then Ritchie would play in the 1st team and they wouldn't sign Liam Lawerence. SC keeps complaining about only having 3 or 4 on the bench yet they do this. They could also call up youth team players to make up the numbers on the bench. Instead they use it to play the sympathy card and with some areas of the media it seems to work for them.

Tongue was firmly inserted in cheek for my post so to speak. ;)

You can also hear him say some of those words on BBC Radio Solent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00b8fxz/Julian_Clegg_04_10_2010

(between 49:50 and 50:33)

"...I done him FIRST with an elbow...."

I've sent a question to the FA asking them why he hasn't been charged !

but after :- 2 Bank Accounts (remember Luton); Dan Azougy; Unlicenced Agent (Chris LeBesque) plus all those other characters in the directors box at Wembley I expect the FA will just turn a blind eye and say something about the CHEATS FC playing by different rules.

I haven't seen it, but this sounds like disgraceful refereeing, the sort that shows a clear lack of knowledge of the way the laws of the game work.

They may have missed Mokeona's elbow, that kind of stuff can happen and is understood... but this was an off the ball incident that resulted in a penalty..... EXCUSE ME???? This was an off the ball incident and therefore should have been an indirect free kick. Boro' have been robbed. Not only has the skate cheated the ref may have made a shocker here...

Get over it, My pony fiddling Friend, Its history some you win, some you lose.

I have no issue with Mokoena getting away with an elbow, Mack is right, swings and roundabouts.

BUT....announcing it to the world is pretty dim, and I'm not buying the 'look at innocent little me, I'm just too honest for my own good' - it's not the talk of someone who has just deliberately elbowed someone in the throat and described it as 'doing him'.

I see a charge of disrepute or similar landing on his doormat sometime soon, they don't like players bragging about violent assault - but it was worth a point, so time well spent from his point of view.

BUT....announcing it to the world is pretty dim, and I'm not buying the 'look at innocent little me, I'm just too honest for my own good' - it's not the talk of someone who has just deliberately elbowed someone in the throat and described it as 'doing him'.

I see a charge of disrepute or similar landing on his doormat sometime soon, they don't like players bragging about violent assault - but it was worth a point, so time well spent from his point of view.

I was looking on the FA web site for when they announce this charge and I saw that the FA are recruiting 2 new solicitors.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2010/RPSolicitors

One is a Litigation Solicitor

A new role covering a broad range of contentious issues across The FA Group, including both commercial disputes and legal challenges to FA regulatory decisions

Perhaps the FA have had enough of CHEATS FC sticking two fingers up at them and then threating them with legal action (europe, Daniel Azougy etc etc).

I'm not sure they're getting away with much behind the scenes at the moment.

No ratification from the FL for AA's laughable CVA.

No sign of a real owner.

No sign of any creditor getting a penny.

Arms dealer claiming more money and increased security over assets.

No sign of fresh investment.

All quiet on the outcome of their European appeal.

No sign of groundworks commencing at the harbour.

And with every day that passes........the debt increases.

tickety tock, tickety tock!

I'm not sure they're getting away with much behind the scenes at the moment.

No ratification from the FL for AA's laughable CVA.

No sign of a real owner.

No sign of any creditor getting a penny.

Arms dealer claiming more money and increased security over assets.

No sign of fresh investment.

All quiet on the outcome of their European appeal.

No sign of groundworks commencing at the harbour.

And with every day that passes........the debt increases.

tickety tock, tickety tock!

No Riquelme signing on Friday either.

Radio 5 live have just had the Doncaster owner on the radio,he said that he dose'nt like whats going on in the Championship at the moment,he would not mention the team,(he gave enough hints which one though)but just said the team which has got players in on 20k a week knowing the cant afford them.

andriod speaks;;

http://www.footballfanscensus.com/football-industry-news/go/item/800098463/article/portsmouth-takeover-held-up-by-administration

Balram Chainrai's long-awaited takeover of Portsmouth is "99.9 per cent" complete, but yet to receive the green light from the Football League, according to administrator Andrew Andronikou.

Speaking to Portsmouth News, Andronikou reaffirmed his backing to Hong Kong-based Chainrai's bid for the Championship football club, but acknowledged there has been some irritation at the slow progress of his buyout.

"Unfortunately we're now having to wade through the bureaucracy of the Football League," he explained. "We're all rather frustrated at the moment, there's nothing more we can do than wait and hope."

Andronikou added that Chainrai has been attempting to meet the criteria of the Football League's updated fit and proper persons test and said the tycoon is the only interested party with the "wherewithal" to take the club forward.

Current Leicester City chairman and former Portsmouth chief Milan Mandaric ruled out a return to Fratton Park in an interview with BBC Sport yesterday (October 4th 2010).

Attempting to meet the criteria????????????? Strange wording

Wait and hope??????????? Not very confident then

only interested party with the wherewithal???? andriod, your job is for the best interests of the creditors, nothing else. Someone else is bidding (Come on Tom Lever) and on the assumption that chanarai was simply going to take the reigns for nothing if someone is going to put 5 million on the table , aa and chanarai are in a very difficult position.

Thought this thread was going to die, but i think there might be life in the old girl yet :lol::lol:

Radio 5 live have just had the Doncaster owner on the radio,he said that he dose'nt like whats going on in the Championship at the moment,he would not mention the team,(he gave enough hints which one though)but just said the team which has got players in on 20k a week knowing the cant afford them.

Think he meant Cardiff

That would be the filing of accounts part then, that Pompey have so far managed to avoid for over two years :D

I love this bit : Unfortunately we're now having to wade through the bureaucracy of the Football League - just like every other league club has already done in order to get their 'golden share' :D

CHEATS never prosper.

Get over it, My pony fiddling Friend, Its history some you win, some you lose.

Sorry brightspark but you're wrong. It doesn't matter where the ball is (as long as it's still in play) if someone is stupid enough to lamp an opponent in his own penalty area it's a penalty. It's frustrating that the assistant didn't see the first offence 'cos P****y would have finished with ten men and probably lost, but I'm afraid the ref wasn't wrong.

Apologies where apologies are due. Penalties are the exception and as I have just read a penalty kick is rewarded irrespective of the position of the ball providing it is in the field of play. I know you probably don't care but I'm pretty angry that someone "more knowledgable" coached me into the wrong interpretation of the laws. I suppose thats what you get for trusting Australians ffs.

Hope Mokoena gets banned. Deserves it so bl**dy much!!!!!

For a very long time posters have said that Pompey were going to be toast.

This has not happened and with the way events are going they never will be

toast. I think this thread might as well be closed and put into the Golden Posts

part of TSW.

The current name of this thread is Pompey Takeover Saga.

They're still in administration and awaiting a takeover.

The thread might be on its last legs, but it's not dead just yet.

andriod speaks;;

http://www.footballfanscensus.com/football-industry-news/go/item/800098463/article/portsmouth-takeover-held-up-by-administration

Balram Chainrai's long-awaited takeover of Portsmouth is "99.9 per cent" complete, but yet to receive the green light from the Football League, according to administrator Andrew Andronikou.

Speaking to Portsmouth News, Andronikou reaffirmed his backing to Hong Kong-based Chainrai's bid for the Championship football club, but acknowledged there has been some irritation at the slow progress of his buyout.

"Unfortunately we're now having to wade through the bureaucracy of the Football League," he explained. "We're all rather frustrated at the moment, there's nothing more we can do than wait and hope."

Andronikou added that Chainrai has been attempting to meet the criteria of the Football League's updated fit and proper persons test and said the tycoon is the only interested party with the "wherewithal" to take the club forward.

Current Leicester City chairman and former Portsmouth chief Milan Mandaric ruled out a return to Fratton Park in an interview with BBC Sport yesterday (October 4th 2010).

Wait and hope??????????? Not very confident then

only interested party with the wherewithal???? andriod, your job is for the best interests of the creditors, nothing else. Someone else is bidding (Come on Tom Lever) and on the assumption that chanarai was simply going to take the reigns for nothing if someone is going to put 5 million on the table , aa and chanarai are in a very difficult position.

Thought this thread was going to die, but i think there might be life in the old girl yet :lol::lol:

How can you attempt to meet the fit and proper criteria - either you do or you don't.

From the Digger column in today's Guardian (OK it's not new news but it's good to regurgitate it :D)

Pompey's grand auto levy

Portsmouth fans have seen their cars towed away after parking them near Fratton Park, incurring penalties in excess of £400 to get them back. The charges have been incurred on land belonging to the club's former owner, Sasha Gaydamak. His advisers say he does not set the release fees as the operation is outsourced to Whites Car Park Solutions. Given that successive governments have taken steps to clamp down on clampers – the issue is to be submitted to parliament in the Freedom Bill this month – Gaydamak must have known this was the consequence of his outsourcing. Whites had no one available to comment last night.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/oct/06/digger-david-cameron-sepp-blatter

For a very long time posters have said that Pompey were going to be toast.

This has not happened and with the way events are going they never will be

toast. I think this thread might as well be closed and put into the Golden Posts

part of TSW.

Oi!

I never said that. I said it would run and run and run and run and run.....

(phew, nearly missed another chance to say - Told you So!)

it just seems that by signing players like Kitson and Lawrence AA/Chainrai endgame appears to be liquidation, but stripping whatever assets they can out of the club first over a long period of time

To me it seems that they are deliberately making the CVA unworkable for their own ends

it just seems that by signing players like Kitson and Lawrence AA/Chainrai endgame appears to be liquidation, but stripping whatever assets they can out of the club first over a long period of time

To me it seems that they are deliberately making the CVA unworkable for their own ends

Personally I believe they are going 5hit or bust for promotion - If they make it then Baloo will make a return and some more - If they fail then Baloo will cut his losses and the whole sorry debacle will "Bust" !