Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Corp is clearly a prize **** in real life.

I have never seen anything in any of his posts to suggest he isn't a smug, conceited ****lehead who virtually everyone who knows him despises. Not even a glimmer. Yet he continues to play the smug card, clearly oblivious to what a complete and utter **** the world at large thinks he is. How very sad.

not sure about the subs bench but if anyone needs pulling off at half time Uncle Avram can organise that at Horton Heath.

I can see the Gaydamaks being a fiercesome Maginot-style defensive line, behind their line of lumpy grass outside the box where kids will lose their limbs - the war crimes tribunal's answer to the Chuckle Brothers.

Quite a line up but maybe short on pace?

Though I would imagine Storrie will show an astonishing burst when they find the real accounts.

I take it in true blue tradition none of these players will be correctly registered, they'll be obtained by mysteriously buying out their contracts elsewhere and will arrive on a bus that will be driven straight through an embargo?

I really, really wish you'd post more often. You're genius!

On another note, I do sympathise a little with Corpy's point. I was reading the thread on Saturday and did think it was getting a little out of hand, especially so when our own fans were reported Mokoena - rightly or wrongly.

That doesn't alleviate the fact that they remain cheating, lying scumbags though.

I really, really wish you'd post more often. You're genius!

On another note, I do sympathise a little with Corpy's point. I was reading the thread on Saturday and did think it was getting a little out of hand, especially so when our own fans were reported Mokoena - rightly or wrongly.

That doesn't alleviate the fact that they remain cheating, lying scumbags though.

I guess if they'd managed to get taken over, then the take over thread would be closed :D

They've only themselves to blame.

Why would you think mentioning Andronikou's talk of a european appeal would rile me? Pompey supporters think he's a complete **** who's only there to advance Chainrai's claim to grab as much as he can. Which is what makes me laugh with you silly tarts going on about the "cheats" at Fratton, because although you keep aiming it at the club the people who are doing what you're complaining about are Andronikou and Chainrai (and his bum boy Kushnir), NOT the club itself or the fans. But your bitterness over the media's constant praise of our support and our winning a trophy is so apparent on this thread it's laughable.

By the way, if any of you sanctimonious old women were really offended by players bringing the game into disrepute can I ask why you haven't contacted the FA/ FL about a certain glassing incident in your faultless little town last weekend?

Give it up girls, whatever the outcome for PFC you're making yourselves look like a bunch of screaming, hysterical queens.

PS: Whoever it was asked, the garden leave finished 7 months ago. I'm typing this on a work laptop so if Baj or Granty wanted to compare the ISP with posts I made pre - March please feel free

Do you really think its only Chainrai and AA that are guilty of cheating? IMO they are bending the rules as much as the powers that be will allow. IMO the powers that be are being made to look like mugs from it but they will eventually break and Pompey will come unstuck.

But going back a little while to your most recent FA Cup win, the clubs outgoings compared to the incomings were so far apart and were a cause of so much of the debt. Debt that even then was debt that couldnt be re-paid. So who ever was in charge then were also guilty of cheating were they not?

Offering over inflated wages to attract players to Pompey which meant other clubs couldnt compete for the same players. There were clubs in relegation battles that could have done with that extra bit of quality but Pompey priced them out of the game when they had no means to pay what they offered. Would these other clubs feels cheated by Pompeys actions?

There are many examples of the way Pompey have cheated to either stay in the prem or get further in the cup's or leave more honest clubs with less options. So dont think that lable is only there cause of a poxy administrator and a fat cat asset stripper.

Oh and What ever Barnard did was probably stupid and is being dealt with by the powers that be. I have no doubt that if a punishment is due then he will get it and the FL will follow on from that with a further punishment if they can. Your player admitted "doing him with his elbow" in order to gain an advantage. Did you not get a point out of that game? I dont follow your club closely enough to know if that led directly to your lot getting a point or the fact that he was still on the pitch meant that you could still compete but openly admitting an assault that he got away with should normally come with a follow up action by the FL.

A crowd of 65,000?

That must be in their wonderful new waterfront stadium that must be nearly finished by now!

We can all laugh, but if you go to the Skate News web site there is a tab on the left hand side saying "New Stadium".

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sectionhome.aspx?sectionID=4219

It was some wonderful articles for example :-

"Stadium Details" including a Dentist and room for 3000 cars run by Gun Runner's Car Clamping Ltd I assume.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/stadium/New-Pompey-stadium-details-revealed.4730155.jp

or the Stadium "Remain on track for 2011"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/stadium/Stadium-dream-39remains-on-track.4635862.jp

which includes the wonderful quote

But today the club insisted there were no financial problems, and confirmed the £100m Horsea Island stadium plans remain on track.

However they appear to have removed all the articles about the "Toilet Bowl" design (Imo it about time we had the "Mummy I've done a Poopy" picture again).

We can all laugh, but if you go to the Skate News web site there is a tab on the left hand side saying "New Stadium".

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sectionhome.aspx?sectionID=4219

It was some wonderful articles for example :-

"Stadium Details" including a Dentist and room for 3000 cars run by Gun Runner's Car Clamping Ltd I assume.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/stadium/New-Pompey-stadium-details-revealed.4730155.jp

or the Stadium "Remain on track for 2011"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/stadium/Stadium-dream-39remains-on-track.4635862.jp

which includes the wonderful quote

However they appear to have removed all the articles about the "Toilet Bowl" design (Imo it about time we had the "Mummy I've done a Poopy" picture again).

Lmao, brilliant!!!

While we will continue to put members’ and fans questions to DL and his staff we hope David will take the opportunity to meet local PST members in the not too distant future.

A Summary of the Meeting

DL explained how it had been a challenging, occasionally frustrating but rewarding few months, he had started out believing that there were four main areas to fix and is at last getting there. The four areas were identified as:

- Guiding the club through the administration process

- Resolving the ownership issue

- Re-structuring the Footballing side of the club.

- Re-structuring the operational side of the club.

On the football side DL believes we have a competitive squad, we could still do with some more strengthin depth, however he was keen to express how good the morale was within the team.

On the admin process DL was pleased to have agreed the CVA and seen off the HMRC challenge and believed the club was now very close to coming out of administration. All required paperwork is now with the Football League, who will discuss PFC's position on Thursday 14th October and hopefully agree to the transfer the golden share to the new company so that the process can be completed as soon as possible thereafter.

Ownership and Finance

- The Football League (FL) have met both Chainrai and Kushnir and discussed their potential ownership of PFC. As stated above a decision on the Club exiting administration should hopefully come on the 14th October.

- DL believes that both Chainrai and Kushnir want to see the club run properly, focussing on financial discipline and realism. DL said that they want to see the club right, ensuring the fans a legacy of a better off and more stable club.

- We asked DL if the fans should be concerned about Chainrai and Kushnir selling the club to the wrong person, in order to get a quick sale. He said that this would be a matter for the new board and that he certainly would not want or expect that to happen.

-We asked about the recent press story regarding additional funds being required to service the CVA. DL confirmed that the parachute payments cover the Footballing Creditors and was unsure where the recent story had come from.

- The wage bill has been drastically reduced this season but the aim is still to bring the wage bill down further over a longer period of time.

- DL refuted reports that Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence were being paid double the agreed wage cap on players but understandably didn’t want to go into details about individuals.

- Asked about whether the club were hitting revenue targets DL explained that the business plan had been built conservatively and he was pleased that expected attendances were ahead of target, furthermore only one main sponsor (Apollo) had been lost which he felt was due to some remarkable work by the commercial department. DL said that of course there was still a lot of work to do to meet all the targets.

- DL explained to the group how the business plan had needed to be reworked following the last transfer window (having not hit the 15 million of player sales set out in the CVA), but explained that other factors had reduced the effect of this and was clear in stating that no fire sale would be required in January. If any player was to be sold it would only be in circumstances where the club received a very good commercial offer and both the manager and board approved.

Your Questions

- Can DL confirm the situation regarding Liam Lawrence becoming our player in January, and would it be possible for another side to sign him?

DL was adamant that he is not going anywhere; paperwork was already signed and would be processed as soon as the window opened. Furthermore Liam is presently looking to buy a house locally and is more than happy at PFC.

- Could you explain the reasoning behind the large consultancy payment made to Peter Storrie?

This was an agreement made with the administrator and was necessary to close out Storries time at the club. He is no longer being paid by the Football Club.

- What’s happening with the potential 1M payment to Spurs for Begovic, and has the dispute impacted the potential loan signing?

Undoubtedly it had impacted the loan, but DL felt there were good grounds for appeal which could not be set aside for a loan signing given the sums involved. Although an appeal is due to be heard the club is awaiting notification as to whether this will be heard by the PL or the FA.

-Considering the small squad we are working with, why has the club decided to loan out yet more players?

The aim is always to get these players first team experience to aid their development and see if they are able to make the step up. With a limit of twenty players loaning youngsters out can enable us to get other, more experienced players in. DL went on to explain that he felt the squad embargo rule imposed by the FL actually impacted negatively on youth development and that he intended to raise this with the FL.

Would you care to comments on Milan's recent comment that purchasing Pompey would be financial suicide?

DL was unaware of the comment, thought this was asurprising comment to make, and reiterated that the parachute payments service the bulk of the debt. He thought this was a strange comment from someone who hadn’t carried out due diligence.

Further to this point, MM was quoted as saying it would take 50M GBP to pay off Chainrai and Gaydamak, was there any truth in these numbers?

DL had no idea where this figure had come from, and said it was not at all accurate. When asked if Gaydamak had any secured debt, DL responded there was a small amount that might be secured but combining this with Chainrai’s debt would give nowhere near the 50 million quoted.

Chainrai has previously stated that all creditors owed less than 2.5K would be paid in full, when would this happen?

This is still the case, but DL was unsure when exactly. He stated that Chainrai was keen to make the payment but care had to be taken regarding preferential payments to creditors while in administration.

When would the new home kit be available on line?

The new online Kappa shop is in the process of being set up and is likely to be available in 4-6 weeks.

Would Mr Lampitt be challenging David Gold on his accusations on skysports.com that PFC ‘used debt to cheat.’

DL said he hadn’t seen David Golds’ comments and although he didn’t agree with them he stated he had more important things to worry about! He did say that the reputation of Portsmouth Football Club had been damaged and this would take time to repair but that he and everyone else at the club were determined to regain the club’s credibility.

Is DL confident that he will be retained as CEO if Chainrai becomes owner of the club?

DL hopes to remain in the job, and has been given no indication that this would not be the case.

Is it possible to get PFC commentary online from abroad?

Unfortunately there is a problem with gaining the appropriate FLI licenses for this with a number of commitments required from the Club. This is something DL is going to look into further but stated this is one of a number of tough decisions the Club has had to make. Either the Club has to stump up significant sums of money and/or charge a large fee for those wanting to listen, as well as providing video coverage. DL believes it may be possible to work around this by signing up to another clubs Football League Interactive and subsequently listen to all Championship games albeit you will be listening to a commentary from the other clubs perspective. DL also stated that there would be PFC website vote on this issue very soon as it had been raised by a number of supporters since the start of the season and he encouraged them to feedback.

The press often seemed to have stories before the club website, is DL doing anything to change this?

Absolutely, wherever possible DL would like the club to run stories first. However on occasions the press run speculative stories whilst the website would only run actual stories. He hopes that breaking actual stories through the official website instead of the press is something that has improved since he’s been at the Club but concedes more can be done.

If you have any questions please email them to asktheclub@pompeytrust.com and we’ll put them to David Lampitt at our next meeting.

If you have any Trust related questions that require a response please send them to info@pompeytrust.com

The aim is always to get these players first team experience to aid their development and see if they are able to make the step up. With a limit of twenty players loaning youngsters out can enable us to get other, more experienced and highly paid players in. DL went on to explain that he felt the squad embargo rule imposed by the FL actually impacted negatively on youth development and that he intended to raise this with the FL.

Missed that bit out, Lamps. You can thank me later. Surely the embargo should allow you to give youth more experience, therefore aiding their development?

so Lampitt hasn't seen anyone's comments about his company??

If I was boss of a company criticised all over the national media I would take time to have a glance.

And he glossed over the serious issue of the lack of funds for an unworkable CVA by talking about football creditors instead.

Nice.

Missed that bit out, Lamps. You can thank me later. Surely the embargo should allow you to give youth more experience, therefore aiding their development?

surely no plpayers should be allowed to be loaned out to be replaced by others. Transfer embargo basically means you can do whatever tradimg you want just as long as the squad size is under 20. Can't blame the skates for this. They are only working within the FL's boundarys

so Lampitt hasn't seen anyone's comments about his company??

If I was boss of a company criticised all over the national media I would take time to have a glance.

And he glossed over the serious issue of the lack of funds for an unworkable CVA by talking about football creditors instead.

Nice.

Indeed and with this little snippet;- DL refuted reports that Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence were being paid double the agreed wage cap on players but understandably didn’t want to go into details about individuals.

To this direct quote; Now Kitson and Lawrence have arrived from the Premier League.

Andronikou has revealed their wages are '£19,000s and £20,000s' – a stark rise above his anticipated level

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Duos-wages-are-exception-to.6521804.jp?CommentPage=9

Who to believe..... May be best just not to listen to any of them

Indeed and with this little snippet;- DL refuted reports that Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence were being paid double the agreed wage cap on players but understandably didn’t want to go into details about individuals.

To this direct quote; Now Kitson and Lawrence have arrived from the Premier League.

Andronikou has revealed their wages are '£19,000s and £20,000s' – a stark rise above his anticipated level

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Duos-wages-are-exception-to.6521804.jp?CommentPage=9

Who to believe..... May be best just not to listen to any of them

Don't worry mate, no one running that poxy little club could lay straight in bed. It seems like a disease that afflicts everyone who goes there. Even Cotterell seemed a mildly reasonable type, if a barely convincing manager, but enter the Farton portals and he becomes a raging clone of the previous clown to manage them (Horton Heath activities excepted though).

All that crazy spin from DL is a worry though, if only because it's hard to see how he ever ended up there unless he is a FL plant to cover some tracks, in which case they will probably eat up his spin as much as the cretins who pass for fans in that rather decrepit part of the world.

As for Liam Lawrence and where he will end up come february, St Marys would be my guess. Especially as he comes so cheap and all that...

- Asked about whether the club were hitting revenue targets DL explained that the business plan had been built conservatively and he was pleased that expected attendances were ahead of target, furthermore only one main sponsor (Apollo) had been lost which he felt was due to some remarkable work by the commercial department. DL said that of course there was still a lot of work to do to meet all the targets.

/QUOTE]

Clearly Lampitt is using the same dodgy calculators as AA has been using.

The only way that the business plan could be on target by paying Premiership wages on gates of 13 / 14k is if they don't pay over to the tax man, the deductions that they make from wages for NI and tax. Surely they wouldn't do that .... would they ????

Looks like Thursday is the new friday again

All required paperwork is now with the Football League, who will discuss PFC's position on Thursday 14th October and hopefully agree to the transfer the golden share to the new company so that the process can be completed as soon as possible thereafter.

Clearly Lampitt is using the same dodgy calculators as AA has been using.

The only way that the business plan could be on target by paying Premiership wages on gates of 13 / 14k is if they don't pay over to the tax man, the deductions that they make from wages for NI and tax. Surely they wouldn't do that .... would they ????

NO! That would be steeling from the tax man, wudenit!

Lol.

I passed the Pompey academy minibus heading South from London this evening.

There was only 5 people on it, one was driving, one was presumably the coach - look a bit old for an academy player, even for Pompey's rule breaking - which left three actual academy players!

Maybe they've been competing in a tiddlywinks competition :D

I see Daddy is back in Israel for his money laundering Court Case (starting later day, I believe).

http://www.jpost.com/Home/Article.aspx?id=191219

10/13/2010 09:01

Billionaire Arkadi Gaydamak will appear for the opening of his fraud and money laundering trial at the Tel Aviv District Court on Wednesday, Israel Radio reported.

Gaydamak returned to Israel last week after spending most of the past year in Moscow

Another report from a few days ago

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/139964

Gaydamak’s return to Israel is considered surprising by many, especially due to his conviction in France. Since Israel and France have an extradition treaty, Gaydamak could very well be extradited to France.

any chance of a UK football club being name-checked in French or Israeli courts in connection with money-laundering and tax evasion?

If agencies have been hunting paper trails and performing forensic accountancy investigations on the child-maimer's businesses there must be a 50-50 chance of a football club getting a mention.

That could be the ultimate humiliation for the public image of any business looking for a future without the taint of scandal.

Crab - I would post more but like potential owners of Pompey I'm too lazy to invest the fiver being asked.

thanks for the support, I'll do my Avram Grant joke again soon, hasn't had an airing for a hundred pages, watch this space.....maybe tomorrow, it's classic, worth repeating.

surely not..... please explain more. Source etc.

To be serious for a minute I cant believe that they would default on payments the very day the FL are considering their position. Or is it a deliberate attempt to force the FL's hand.

There was something on Radio Solent this morning (07:20 ish), saying that one of the morning newspapers had a story saying that if some Italian club did not pay them some money soon they would run out of money and be forced to ask their players to defer their wages (or something like that).

Like you it suggests to me an attempt to force the FL's hand.

There was something on Radio Solent this morning (07:20 ish), saying that one of the morning newspapers had a story saying that if some Italian club did not pay them some money soon they would run out of money and be forced to ask their players to defer their wages (or something like that).

that Italian club must be Genoa who have withheld payments regarding a player sold to them Boateng?

If cashflow is seriously that tight how the hell are they going to cope when cva payments fall due? Seriously worrying for them if there is an ounce of truth in this.

Will be interesting to see what happens......was always going to get to this stage, whether this month or next or the one after.......they haven't got enough money to meet the wage bill. The interesting bit will be to see if Chainrai will dip into his pocket to pay the wages. The answer is seemingly "no he won't" which possibly says a bit about his intentions. I know that he is not the owner of the club (yet!), but I am sure that he could make a loan should he have wished, even via the PFA who could have settled the wage bill.

It is Sulley Ali Muntari. Inter Milan owe £1m to Pompeyand it is now overdue. Pompey say the money is crutial to their cash flow and without it the money has run out this month and they may have to negotiate a delay is salary payments.

Maybe Inter should pay Spurs directly!

any problem with wage payments now would be nothing short of disaster.

It would reveal that behind the brave talk and positive spin the club is sinking and the business is terminally damaged.

Let's see whether that is the case before cracking open a can of Tizer.

And as promised -

I thought Avram Grant had been shopping in John Lewis when they said he'd just splashed out on a pair of Thais.

Clearly their brief flirtation with Middle Eastern Businessmen left a lasting impression.

Ah yes the wages, no problem, insh'allah everything will be alright, we pay you on time here is piece of paper see we have said we pay you, take this to bank, no problem they lend you money this good paper

any problem with wage payments now would be nothing short of disaster.

It would reveal that behind the brave talk and positive spin the club is sinking and the business is terminally damaged.

Let's see whether that is the case before cracking open a can of Tizer.

And as promised -

I thought Avram Grant had been shopping in John Lewis when they said he'd just splashed out on a pair of Thais.

Were foreign clubs protected by the footy creditors rule/swindle? If not , maybe they are only recieving 2p over 5 years, and the skates will get the same.

How long did poopey string along these football clubs last season, didnt Watford nearly go under due to the skates' posturing?

Stunning isnt it... For all of Leon Crouchs faults, he chipped in when we needed it... there is such an unbridgable difference to the business practices of one end of the M27 to the other.

Even Limpitt cant be bothered to pay off the local childrens cancer charities, quoted as something like 'taking care' of number one first.

Defering the wages, superb. Its a shame that the magnificent Ali Al Faraj isnt about to send over the funds on floppy disc via Mark Jacobs' account!

Afterall, Storrie told the fans that Ali 'would take you to a level you couldnt quite believe' and there has never been a truer word.

Absolutely rotten to the core, a stained entity, there disregard seems to spread round the poopey island like a disease.

Pompeys going down with no money in the bank...

So is it too simplistic to say that, if they are relying on this £1,000,000 to pay this month's wages, they need that kind of figure every month? How much of the Golden Share will go toward wages?

What is the golden share in terms of revene full stop?

Is any of the increased size parachute money going to be available for wages?

Which is what makes me laugh with you silly tarts going on about the "cheats" at Fratton, because although you keep aiming it at the club the people who are doing what you're complaining about are Andronikou and Chainrai (and his bum boy Kushnir), NOT the club itself or the fans.

Now I have to be polite here as I recently got an infraction for being truthful about a poster here, using terminology I normally never do. But I'd just like to say that you don't seem to be the brightest star in the firmament. As you may be aware (I'm being polite) the clubs who have been penalised points (Luton et al.) have been punished due the action by people associated with them, such as directors. Trying to make a distinction between the club and the people who run it is like a murderer saying "it wasn't me, it was the gun".

Just let me get this right. PFC mount up huge debts they cant pay. The judge at high court is nice to them. A CVA is agreed, which effectively writes off about £100million in debt. PFC then within months gets into a situation whereby it can't pay it's own staff. Deja vu all over again. Now I 'm guessing that due to their very recent financial problems companies will only deal with them in cash. So with no cash reserves this makes trading increasingly difficult.

Edited by landford.saint