Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Times can't be that bad for the skates;) I was at a conference in the Hilton on Purley Way the day pompey were playing palace a couple of weeks back and guess what team was staying there. Is it just me, but I think its incredible a team in their financial position would stay in London in a Hilton when they could just drive up on the day? Unbelievable!

I really couldn't give a f*ck what happens to the skate c*nts.

I'm more interested in what we're doing.

Most contributors to this thread are more interested in what we're doing, me included. But that doesn't preclude hoping they are properly held to account for their crimes and cheating, and following developments on here.

So £80,000 per month Kitson has to pay £40pm for 22 lunches -less than £2 per meal. I have to pay more than that for my 5 year old's school dinners. Its just gestures and 'poor me' to the media whilst the serious cash continues to be burnt. AA assumes everyone is stupid and cant see what he's doing. Maybe he's right.

Edited by buctootim

I really couldn't give a f*ck what happens to the skate c*nts.

I'm more interested in what we're doing.

Then you are on the wrong Board Moooosh! Try the Saints for run of the mill pony boy talk.

This is the Lounge, (Banter) For all things interesting, and non offensive oneupmanship with us the blue few, Just so appens at the mo, your on top with the Snigerometer.

Another member of the converted. David Moyes calls Poorsmuff Unfashionable (nearly)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8067601/Everton-v-Liverpool-Anfield-club-fired-up-after-running-Texans-out-of-town.html

Telegrpah

Moyes understandably had an issue with debt-ridden clubs who'd overspent in chasing the dream. "I'd have done anything to be at the top but what I couldn't do was go and spend outrageous money that would put the club in jeopardy.

"Our debts are far, far less than Liverpool's. It's made it difficult to win as many derbies as I'd have liked to over the years. Maybe soon it will become unfashionable to be so heavily in debt.

"I think most clubs have learned from Leeds.'' Leveraged buyouts were particularly "wrong'', argued Moyes.

Lol that's been one of my bugbears as well. Welcome onside David

Insanity definition often tucked at the bottom of Corporate emails "Is to keep repeating the same mistakes and hoping for a different outcome"

Some people never learn I think it is called

Phil makes a good point - they learned nothing from Leeds or even our mistakes, and now it seems they can't even remember making these same mistakes a year ago.

They seem hellbent on destruction by overspending, it's a cycle of stupidity.

Rather than becoming addicted to a thread that he obviously hates, cobbling together childish insults that make us chuckle, Ho would be better off asking his club why the hell they are STILL buying players they can't afford.

And that's where the problem lies - 'it's not the fan's fault' they squeal - not directly, but you didn't ask why they were overspending you just sat there and enjoyed the ride, celebrating everytime Lawrence scored, rather than saying - 'Why is this bloke here on these wages that some Prem teams can't afford?' and 'Why am I letting AA and Lampitt do this to my club??'

The only way the club will survive is if a new owner chucks large money in, or they cut costs and look for stability, even if it means another relegation.

When Saints fans weren't happy they took action.

When Liverpool fans weren't happy they took action.

Even Man Utd fans are making a point.

The fans need to see what is really happening and look beyond the exciting point away at Middlesboro - at this rate those odd points could cost the club it's future.

To celebrate a goal by Kitson or Lawrence without questioning their signings is to condone the suicidal course that AA, Lampitt and Cotterill are leading the business down.

As Secret Affair so famously said, it's the time for action -

Rise up my blue friends, leave your sisters alone and come out of your caravans, get those heads out of the sand and tell them to stop messing up your club, put a halt to the madness - accept that the bigtime was an illegal sham and rebuild sensibly - or wave goodbye to that whole glorious ten years of history.

So are they going to complain about overspending or just sit their meekly shouting Kitson's name while knowing inside that he's bankrupting the club, with their support?

Phil makes a good point - they learned nothing from Leeds or even our mistakes, and now it seems they can't even remember making these same mistakes a year ago.

Somehow they seem to have completely erased that fact from their minds that this is the second time that they themselves have been in this situation and seemingly they have not learned the lessons from the first time.

So it looks like they have got away with it again, and once again they are trying to mortgage their way back into the big time. Hopefully QPR and Cardiff ( who are one winding up order away from being like the skates) will run away with it and Ipswich/Norwich/Leciester/Burnley/Hull will get the play off birth.

I was hoping that the FL would show some balls, and not fall for AA's 'give us the golden share or the kitten gets it' routine, but the skates seem to have done a pact with Satan.

The FL should have kicked them out, and get Stoke's reserve side to complete the rest of the fixtures.

Pompey will be wound up only if it looks like AA's firm will be picking up the tab.

The FL by letting Pompey kick off the season are in a position where it will mess up their league if they don't back them.Therefore I believe the FL will have ot back down to let them fulfill their fixtures.

AA is cynical in his managing of this and knows he still has the best hand of the two. He is probably surprised that the FL have shown more backbone than the PL but still would expect ot get his way. he knows each time he runs to the press about winding up ,they back down just a bit.

Have the FL backed down yet? I know aa claims it will all be ok, possibly before today's game but is this to be believed? Has chainrai really decided to go for it? If he really wants out as quick as possible how much is he willing to pump into them in order to get out quick?

If he does give up his secured creditor status where does that leave the CVA? how can they possibly be above the 75% without his vote? Or does that put it the other way and makes it impossible to contest?

I doubt this is near the end in either direction as no-one is really prepared to give up just yet.

From the Portsmouth new website

Pompey set to exit administration 'over the coming days

15 October 2010

By Emma Judd

POMPEY has announced it has met the four outstanding requirements set out by the Football League yesterday.

The club released a statement saying the additional paperwork will be completed during the coming days, and that will see Pompey ready to begin a new era out of administration.

given the problems they have had with paperwork in the past, have they met any of the four criteria?

From the Portsmouth new website

Pompey set to exit administration 'over the coming days

15 October 2010

By Emma Judd

POMPEY has announced it has met the four outstanding requirements set out by the Football League yesterday.

The club released a statement saying the additional paperwork will be completed during the coming days, and that will see Pompey ready to begin a new era out of administration.

given the problems they have had with paperwork in the past, have they met any of the four criteria?

Not sure about pompey meeting the four requirements, the Express seem to think the FL has just bottled it!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/205700/Portsmouth-safe-after-U-turn-by-League/?

Not sure about pompey meeting the four requirements, the Express seem to think the FL has just bottled it!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/205700/Portsmouth-safe-after-U-turn-by-League/?

It's all sources this and apparently that. Don't believe a word of it - probably fed to them by AA in any case just to apply a bit more pressure on the FL. DFCSB's.

In breaking news, Greg Halford is on the pitch warming up with Poopey today according to Andy Awful on Solent.

Lampitt was spouting off also about how confident he is that the FL have been stitched up and it's only a matter of days now before they capitulate and skates have two loan players ready to come straight in then.

Halford is clearly one of them if he is training already and Shotton of Stoke was also mentioned.

In breaking news, Greg Halford is on the pitch warming up with Poopey today according to Andy Awful on Solent.

Lampitt was spouting off also about how confident he is that the FL have been stitched up and it's only a matter of days now before they capitulate and skates have two loan players ready to come straight in then.

Halford is clearly one of them if he is training already and Shotton of Stoke was also mentioned.

Unbelievable if it was anyone else. Pompey and you know it is going to happen. Halford another multi million pound player that a club in admin has signed.

It seems as soon as posters on here talk toast AA puts up a finger and moves to the next stage.

FFS! i see them cheating feckin skates have pulled off another against the run of play 3-2 win, and the goals were scored by players who should never be there (bastards)

Oh and it looks like the 4 miner blips (bigger brown bags) have been sorted, So they get there Golden shear.

Looks to me as though them Pike's have sold the cloth pegs and kept the lucky heather in there skyrocket.

Wonder how the (bet your house on, Stone wall favorites) for dive 3 got on today,,,,,opps!

Mack did save us a few posts tonight with his accurate summary of the last 200 pages, thanks for that.

But I guess that's it now, the thread is reaching a conclusion, the final signatures on the takeover being completed and adminstration is now behind them - move along there's nothing to see here anymore.

It's been a bumpy ride and a hilarious one, we've made friends on both sides, Ho has been here too, but I guess all good things must come to an end so farewell my 683 page friend, may this thread go down in history. As AA packs his briefcase this evening and leaves Fratton in the hands of a new owner this weekend they are set for a glorious and stable future, a workable cva, new investment, debts addressed, and a squad soon to be strengthened for that all important promotion push.

He did them a great job and he'll be pleased to be somewhere else on Monday.

As one thread closes, a new chapter in Portsmouth FC begins, I for one thought they would struggle to get a new owner but this weekend they have proved us wrong!

Unless of course we still don't believe AA.

Perhaps we should wait for some....now what do they call them?......oh yeah, facts......

Come on, did anyone really expect anything else ? Maybe a points deduction from the Storrie and Redknapp court case is all that will happen to them for now.

They will amble along while Chainrai claims his money back, which will take two or three years, by the time he jumps ship there will only be a year or so left of the CVA to complete and that will leave them with a better chance of finding a buyer.

Cheating barstewards.

Rather than becoming addicted to a thread that he obviously hates, cobbling together childish insults that make us chuckle, Ho would be better off asking his club why the hell they are STILL buying players they can't afford.

And that's where the problem lies - 'it's not the fan's fault' they squeal - not directly, but you didn't ask why they were overspending you just sat there and enjoyed the ride, celebrating everytime Lawrence scored, rather than saying - 'Why is this bloke here on these wages that some Prem teams can't afford?' and 'Why am I letting AA and Lampitt do this to my club??'

The only way the club will survive is if a new owner chucks large money in, or they cut costs and look for stability, even if it means another relegation.

When Saints fans weren't happy they took action.

When Liverpool fans weren't happy they took action.

Even Man Utd fans are making a point.

The fans need to see what is really happening and look beyond the exciting point away at Middlesboro - at this rate those odd points could cost the club it's future.

To celebrate a goal by Kitson or Lawrence without questioning their signings is to condone the suicidal course that AA, Lampitt and Cotterill are leading the business down.

As Secret Affair so famously said, it's the time for action -

Rise up my blue friends, leave your sisters alone and come out of your caravans, get those heads out of the sand and tell them to stop messing up your club, put a halt to the madness - accept that the bigtime was an illegal sham and rebuild sensibly - or wave goodbye to that whole glorious ten years of history.

So are they going to complain about overspending or just sit their meekly shouting Kitson's name while knowing inside that he's bankrupting the club, with their support?

You're absolutely correct - if, as has been mooted, these players wages are beyond the 10k pw wage cap that was imposed by the club in order to give it best chance of meeting the CVA and remaining stable, then questions should be asked.

If this all goes Pete Tong again - then the fans have no one to blame but themselves this time - they now have the chance to question the running of the club but appear only interested in the glory once again.

Well, it seems the "give us what we want or the kitten gets it" routine has worked yet again. Unless, of course, some brown envelopes have exchanged hands.

Cheating, lying, bastards.

I can't see that any of his options are that attractive.

Stick and the club is spending more on wages alone than is coming in. It's heading for a relegation which will devalue it even further. He will be stuck with the club round his neck for some time to come and very little chance of getting any money back for it.

Twist and as others have found out in the past he could be throwing money at it with no guarantee's of a return and could end up losing as much money as he would had he have stuck.

Bust and he is in the same boat as the previous 2. He will lose as much because he won't get anywhere near as much money as he has already put in.

Were I to be as loaded as he I doubt I would like to be sat there one day debating how I would like to lose £30 million.

Plan A: Push for promotion and the pot of gold that entails.

If that fails......

Plan B: Hang around long enough to collect as much of the parachute payments as he can, asset strip as much as he can, and try to flog the carcass to some sucker.

Let's hope plan A fails.

Plan A: Push for promotion and the pot of gold that entails.

If that fails......

Plan B: Hang around long enough to collect as much of the parachute payments as he can, asset strip as much as he can, and try to flog the carcass to some sucker.

Let's hope plan A fails.

It's plan A that worries me. They still have a squad full of experienced internationals on big wages & if they get lucky with injuries they could go a long way in a poor league.

Redknapp, it would appear, is getting twitchy about the England job according to the NOTW and the BBC rumours site this morning...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9099384.stm

However, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says he would be reluctant to accept the job as England manager because of the attention he would subsequently receive from the press. (News of the World)

Now what attention that is coming his way would he be getting worried about? Hmm.... :suspicious:

I have a heard a rumour that some yank charity is gonna be paying for the scum of society to be castrated. Pompey is first of the list, but such is the state of spaztification they've ordered in some Zyklon B and are hiring out leaigh park comunity centre.

Could anyone give me an example of Pompey's pathetic support away from home in recent seasons please (for an argument I'm having). How many are they taking with them in the Championship? Didn't they only take about 15 fans to Anfield last season?

They took about 400 to Middlesborough the other week.

I see the Skate News is reporting that the Administrators blocked their most recent attempt to cheat.

.....it is believed the move was blocked at the last minute by the club's administrators.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Cotterill-has-Halford-hope.6585894.jp

An overview of my thoughts:- remember with the CHEATS FC there are 2 issues, "the Ownership" (*) and "the Golden Share".

With other clubs (Leeds,Luton,us etc) the Ownership has always come first and then the Football authorities have used the Golden Share as a bargining stick.

Ask youself why have the Cheats FC tried to do it in a reverse order, could the answer be one of Daniel Azougy, Fugler's, Chris LeBesque or even Storrieteller ?

I believe one of the four conditions from the FL was that the ownership must be in place (Companies House) before the Share is discussed at the next FL meeting (meetings are usually every 2 to 3 weeks, I believe).

(*) IMO the Ownership has never been in doubt from day 1, AA has "discouraged" everyone else, and the parachute payments mean that liquidation was NEVER an option (ignore the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of AA mouth).

I expect the CHEATS FC to try to delay ownership (reg with Companies House) until the day of the next FL meeting. The question for me is whether the Football authorties (FA & FL) have the bottle to treat all League Clubs (e.g. Leeds, Luton) the same.

what happened to that exit of administration and new ownership that AA was finalising over the weekend?

He's been paid for six months to do the paperwork, it just needs signing.

Presumably it will all be confirmed at the press conference today at the turf cutting of the Harbour Superdome?

I'm puzzled and starting to wonder if rather than closing this thread asap it might be wise to allow it to run, just for a day or two - at least until Chanrai's postal order clears.

what happened to that exit of administration and new ownership that AA was finalising over the weekend?

He's been paid for six months to do the paperwork, it just needs signing.

Presumably it will all be confirmed at the press conference today at the turf cutting of the Harbour Superdome?

I'm puzzled and starting to wonder if rather than closing this thread asap it might be wise to allow it to run, just for a day or two - at least until Chanrai's postal order clears.

Was wondering the same thing. Those 4 othings the FL wanted sorting out, once sorted do the league need to meet again to discuss? Is that another month down the line? Or are they all set ready to meet up straight away?

For all the noise about how the club was about to fold to out of admin within days, its gone mighty quite since. Not even any mention in the papers on anything going on yet?

Met a skate ST holder last night, was a little uncomfortable at first, but we shook hands. His wife came out after a few minutes to check we werent fighting! (I had a saints coat on, him a skate jumper...)

We acknowledged how we would miss each other should the skates go to the wall.

He seemed a little simple, however in fairness to him he was of the same opinion of most on here and really squirmed when we spoke of the string of owners and all the debt they blew off.

In fact, Id go as far as saying he was ashamed to discuss the skate situation, the shame of association to that shower.

It all came home when I started going on about the great markus and even the great NC!

Before we met (ale fest), I spotted him, and had a quick rendition of Pompeys going down with no money in the bank... he knew, he knew...

COYFL, tell Chinny Chanrai Faraj to do one!

I see the Skate News is reporting that the Administrators blocked their most recent attempt to cheat.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Cotterill-has-Halford-hope.6585894.jp

Do not under estimate the significance of this;

A player comes down from the Midlands, trains on the Friday and does the prematch warm up, with the manager expecting him to play, only for the administrator to pull the plug and send him home 20 minutes from kick off. Is he worried thatthe company might fold and he will be liable for any expenditure? Or his it that the FL have said if you want your golden share, no more expensive loan signings? Or is it that they just can't make payroll in two weeks time?

Everything would have been arranged by lampitt and andriod has come over the top of him at the very last minute - Why? Whilst we will probably never find out, what ever scenario it is, (Especially if it is about the money) the answer isnt a good one. For all the bizarre things that have gone on at that dump, this jumps straight into the top 5.

Watch this space.

They took about 400 to Middlesborough the other week.

200 odd to Bolton at the height of their power.

Regular 100-150 to Sunderland and Wigan last year... in fact, somewhere around there is some great pictures of their support (basically, a few thousand coloured seats with some mongs sitting inbetween the vast spaces)

200 odd to Bolton at the height of their power.

Regular 100-150 to Sunderland and Wigan last year... in fact, somewhere around there is some great pictures of their support (basically, a few thousand coloured seats with some mongs sitting inbetween the vast spaces)

Yeah but it's difficult for them. You see they a proper fans and the best in the league, what they get is quality not quantity.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})