Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

4 wins out of the last 5 for Pompey, if they got promoted this season it would be farcical

Don't get carried away. PFC won't get promoted, just glad to know we've got too much to go down. For what it's worth, I'm confident ALL south coast clubs will avoid relegation this year!

Don't get carried away. PFC won't get promoted, just glad to know we've got too much to go down. For what it's worth, I'm confident ALL south coast clubs will avoid relegation this year!

What is it they say about counting chickens?

Aren't there 3 court cases on the horizon, all with the potential to yield some points deductions if they go against the defendants ;)

with the money behind them they probably are

But the original post was specifically about fanbase/stature/stadium etc and not money - hence the "kick out Fulham and Wigan" stuff. QPR being owned by billionaires doesn't make them big on those terms - QPR are no bigger than Fulham in terms of fanbase and all the other stuff matey was going on about.

We could end up with Saints' date=' Pompey, Brighton, Bournemouth and Reading all in the same league. We need to start playing though.[/quote']

TBH it would make for a Brilliant season. Better than anything the Premier League could throw up. As I remember many Saints saying, I'm loving it in the Championship (I don't remember it being this much fun? Must be the 'Premier League effect', guess it wears off?), my highest ambition now is for a West Brom/Wolves/Birmingham situation where you go from Promotion to Relegation battles every year. Genuine excitement year in, year out. The 3 years of Premier League mediocrity were boring as hell.

TBH it would make for a Brilliant season. Better than anything the Premier League could throw up. As I remember many Saints saying, I'm loving it in the Championship (I don't remember it being this much fun? Must be the 'Premier League effect', guess it wears off?), my highest ambition now is for a West Brom/Wolves/Birmingham situation where you go from Promotion to Relegation battles every year. Genuine excitement year in, year out. The 3 years of Premier League mediocrity were boring as hell.

I agree, West Brom have got it right, living within their means and always having something to play for come the end of the season. Maybe we could go up and down together some day? We can both dream...

Suddenly the £10 I put on skates to win promotion at 40/1 last month doesn't seem so bad. If they manage to get themselves out of admin and taken over by January they'll be a very good side with a few signings.

Cheating cvnts.

I see the Skate News is reporting that the Administrators blocked their most recent attempt to cheat.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Cotterill-has-Halford-hope.6585894.jp

An overview of my thoughts:- remember with the CHEATS FC there are 2 issues, "the Ownership" (*) and "the Golden Share".

With other clubs (Leeds,Luton,us etc) the Ownership has always come first and then the Football authorities have used the Golden Share as a bargining stick.

Ask youself why have the Cheats FC tried to do it in a reverse order, could the answer be one of Daniel Azougy, Fugler's, Chris LeBesque or even Storrieteller ?

I believe one of the four conditions from the FL was that the ownership must be in place (Companies House) before the Share is discussed at the next FL meeting (meetings are usually every 2 to 3 weeks, I believe).

(*) IMO the Ownership has never been in doubt from day 1, AA has "discouraged" everyone else, and the parachute payments mean that liquidation was NEVER an option (ignore the verbal diarrhoea that comes out of AA mouth).

I expect the CHEATS FC to try to delay ownership (reg with Companies House) until the day of the next FL meeting. The question for me is whether the Football authorties (FA & FL) have the bottle to treat all League Clubs (e.g. Leeds, Luton) the same.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

But try explaining that to idiots such as InJustice Mann (and the FL for that matter).

Another signing, more debt - mid table isn't enough when you must now have the highest wagebill in the division (as we well know).

Though it's a bit odd for a business that has been trading insolvently for a year to still be increasing overheads....

First they gambled on getting into Europe and lost.

Then they gambled on staying up and nearly lost the club.

Now they are putting everything on an instant return, and the stakes get higher with every gamble - if they lose this one, surely there will be nothing left to bet.

Someone's brave - or hasn't learned any lessons from history.

Another signing, more debt - mid table isn't enough when you must now have the highest wagebill in the division (as we well know).

Though it's a bit odd for a business that has been trading insolvently for a year to still be increasing overheads....

First they gambled on getting into Europe and lost.

Then they gambled on staying up and nearly lost the club.

Now they are putting everything on an instant return, and the stakes get higher with every gamble - if they lose this one, surely there will be nothing left to bet.

Someone's brave - or hasn't learned any lessons from history.

I must be thick I just can't understand what is going on 1 minute there are saying they can't afford the wages the next minute they are increasing the wage bill with prem players WTF.

If they could not afford there squad and lost millions last season what makes them think they will be alright this season with lower revenue and a potential owner that dosent want them just wants his money back so is highly unlikely to want to run up more debt.

Unless I am missing something they are going to find themselves back in admin in the not to distant future I dont understand how the FL can allow this to happen.

Cheating fish bothering cod snogging cvnts

I must be thick I just can't understand what is going on 1 minute there are saying they can't afford the wages the next minute they are increasing the wage bill with prem players WTF.

If they could not afford there squad and lost millions last season what makes them think they will be alright this season with lower revenue and a potential owner that dosent want them just wants his money back so is highly unlikely to want to run up more debt.

Unless I am missing something they are going to find themselves back in admin in the not to distant future I dont understand how the FL can allow this to happen.

Cheating fish bothering cod snogging cvnts

When did they come out of admin?

I have had a feeling that Chanrai has been hedging his bets and waiting to see what unfolds for them in the league. if they are close to the play-offs in jan he would be mad not to pump some cash in and go for the PL riches again. That squad is as good as most if not all in the CCC. It is beyond belief that a team that is in administration can field such a side.The media seem oblivious as well as the rest of football to it.

I have had a feeling that Chanrai has been hedging his bets and waiting to see what unfolds for them in the league. if they are close to the play-offs in jan he would be mad not to pump some cash in and go for the PL riches again. That squad is as good as most if not all in the CCC. It is beyond belief that a team that is in administration can field such a side.The media seem oblivious as well as the rest of football to it.

For once I agree with Nick. The devils always looks after his own, as they say, and I have this sick feeling that they are going to go up this season, probably sneaking through the play-offs with another Wembley trip to boot. The CCC is weak this season, most teams living within their means, so out of admin by Xmas, give it large in the Jan window and away they go. Sick, sick, sick.

Head,sand,bury. :D

Not quite Mero, not quite.

Ive followed this story (Probably too much) and whether the dates were deliberate or fortunate for you lot, you were never going to get a points deduction from administration this year. But from day 1 of this season, your biggest threat has always been the tax case (Point deduction wise) and that is still the case. The precendent has been set and upheld and if Storrie is found guilty, its a minus 9 or 12...... (Wouldn't you lot just love him for that)

In the last two cases (Certainly Watford) they followed every rule to the letter and took their evidence to the FL and still got whacked. You lot have taken the **** out of the FL and FA and left a trail of destruction behind you, with two fingers in the air..... so I cant see any dispensation, or appetite to help you out.

My guessing is that just as you cement a play off place, you'll be thrown back down the table..... I'm sure no one will laugh too loudly.

Edited by Gemmel

For once I agree with Nick. The devils always looks after his own, as they say, and I have this sick feeling that they are going to go up this season, probably sneaking through the play-offs with another Wembley trip to boot. The CCC is weak this season, most teams living within their means, so out of admin by Xmas, give it large in the Jan window and away they go. Sick, sick, sick.
yep and the media telling the world about a 'fairytale story'for the poor Pompey fans Lol

yep and the media telling the world about a 'fairytale story'for the poor Pompey fans Lol

That's a ridiculous suggestion. Everyone knows that the entire football world, not just a few bitter Saints fan on a messageboard think Pompey should be hung, drawn and quartered and be made to suffer relegation to at least local U10's schools level for what's happened.

That's a ridiculous suggestion. Everyone knows that the entire football world, not just a few bitter Saints fan on a messageboard think Pompey should be hung, drawn and quartered and be made to suffer relegation to at least local U10's schools level for what's happened.

Trouble is that the people up top that could do something about what has gone on are not doing anything, so it gives the impression to every one else, that if they can do it and get away with it,why not us. surely the clubs living within there means must be fed up with those in charge, but do not want to upset the applecart by saying/doing anything. untill the other clubs start protesting then the league,FA etc will just let them carry on putting two fingers up to every one.

I have always been in the camp of them going under, and I haven't changed my stance on that, they are CHEATS, pure and simple. However, if the devil says they will not go out of buisness, I want them to return to the PL. That sole act, will send shivers down the corridoors of power, not only with the PL, but the FA as well, and for me, it will be the just deserts that both those bodys deserve!

I have always been in the camp of them going under, and I haven't changed my stance on that, they are CHEATS, pure and simple. However, if the devil says they will not go out of buisness, I want them to return to the PL. That sole act, will send shivers down the corridoors of power, not only with the PL, but the FA as well, and for me, it will be the just deserts that both those bodys deserve!

Quite,

if they did go up there would be outrage

"Shivers down the corridors of power". PMSL

No it won't. I can promise you that in the extremely unlikely event we were to get promoted this year (and there's already a campaign starting on Pompey boards to "Stick the PL up your arse" as plenty of Pompey fans hated the league and all it stands for) no-one in the corridors of power will be even slighlt chilly, let alone shivering

Quite,

if they did go up there would be outrage

No there wouldn't. Really, there wouldn't.

You lot really need to get over this.

No it won't. I can promise you that in the extremely unlikely event we were to get promoted this year (and there's already a campaign starting on Pompey boards to "Stick the PL up your arse" as plenty of Pompey fans hated the league and all it stands for) no-one in the corridors of power will be even slighlt chilly, let alone shivering

Finally, Head, Nail.

As so eloquently put.

Nobody - ie NOBODY gives a feck about Poorsmuff.

Nothing will be done while they are in admin, idle what if's on here not withstanding, but as dear departed Rupes learnt.

Never upset the people around you. Tick Tock, plenty of time to go yet

the club should just pay the charities and small businesses that they robbed before taking on more players - a simple and decent request that even the most blinkered and abusive few can't argue with surely.

They made a big media thing of promising to clear these small amounts - nothing happened, yet the wagebill still climbs.

A tainted club, it's over, form a new one and be a decent rival competing on an even playing field.

So now Corp Ho Ho Ho! you think that the PL would welcome back the mighty CHEATING Poor smouth, well my nevergetanythingright scaley fiend, I for one, think you are wrong.

I'm not talking aout the wider public through the media, I'm talking more internally. PL chairmen have already openly accused you of cheating. Your own barrister in court said the other PL clubs wanted you thrown out at the beginning of this year. The PL couldn't wait to get rid of you, they'll be as sick as a parrot if you went up again anytime soon,

Don't forget, the PL have an image to protect.

Edited by JackFrost

Trouble is that the people up top that could do something about what has gone on are not doing anything, so it gives the impression to every one else, that if they can do it and get away with it,why not us. surely the clubs living within there means must be fed up with those in charge, but do not want to upset the applecart by saying/doing anything. untill the other clubs start protesting then the league,FA etc will just let them carry on putting two fingers up to every one.

Good article (as ever) by David Conn in today's Guardian about football debt:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/oct/20/english-football-lord-triesman-debt-warning

Mainly about Liverpool and ManUre but dear ole Poopey does get a mention.

Surely with the wage bill they are taking on, against all common sense and already breaking their promises about wage limits to creditors when they set up the cva, the most likely scenario is that they will default on the cva payments at some point in the next year or so.

I believe that then leads to liquidation doesn't it?

Good article (as ever) by David Conn in today's Guardian about football debt:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/oct/20/english-football-lord-triesman-debt-warning

Mainly about Liverpool and ManUre but dear ole Poopey does get a mention.

Interesting that he refers to Poopey as an "Insolvent wreckage" !

Does still beg the question as to how an "Insolvent Wreckage" can finance premier quality players while in administration !

Perhaps Storrie Ho might like to comment ?

So pray do tell us what qualifies you to know for an absolute certainty that nobody in football's corridors of power could give a stuff whether you got promotion back to the Premiership or not.

Because unless you can convince us that you have some insider information to justify your opinion, then your opinion has not one iota of extra credibility over the contrary one.

Surely with the wage bill they are taking on, against all common sense and already breaking their promises about wage limits to creditors when they set up the cva, the most likely scenario is that they will default on the cva payments at some point in the next year or so.

I believe that then leads to liquidation doesn't it?

not if their still in admin. Although if they remain in admin they won't be ale to start next season under FL rules. A potentially interesting catch 22.

Will be interesting to see how they worm their way out of it if they don't go up

Are they still in admin? I thought AA said they'd met the 4 FL conditions and were coming out on Monday? Or was that more BS? And what about not being able to pay the players? WTF is occurring?

I thought the last time the FL asked for things to be done, they didn't talk about it until the following months meeting. If these 4 things AA has got cleared up are not being heard till the next FL meeting then I guess we will have to keep this thread open until the 2nd week in November?

I'm not talking aout the wider public through the media, I'm talking more internally. PL chairmen have already openly accused you of cheating. Your own barrister in court said the other PL clubs wanted you thrown out at the beginning of this year. The PL couldn't wait to get rid of you, they'll be as sick as a parrot if you went up again anytime soon,

Don't forget, the PL have an image to protect.

they are all a bag of snakes. If Pompey went back up they would have the PL riches to stave off the creditors. The FL clubs caving into PL pressure late last season to allow the extra parachute monies saved pompeys bacon. if it had been to the old money they would be gone

Are they still in admin? I thought AA said they'd met the 4 FL conditions and were coming out on Monday? Or was that more BS? And what about not being able to pay the players? WTF is occurring?

Look it's very good of you to be so concerned but really, we'll be fine. Thanks for the concern though, it's really heartening ;)

On a more serious note, went up to Millwall last night but had to sit in with the home fans in the upper West stand as our allocation was full. They were allright actually, apart from absolutely slating their players every time they lost the ball or generally messed up a move- quite a shock to hear abuse like that directed at their own players. Can't possibly help them.

Hardest thing though was trying to keep quiet when we got the penalty and sitting still when it went in. Have to say the noise our end made throughout was mighty impressive though :)

they are all a bag of snakes. If Pompey went back up they would have the PL riches to stave off the creditors. The FL clubs caving into PL pressure late last season to allow the extra parachute monies saved pompeys bacon. if it had been to the old money they would be gone

We only need to get back up within the next three years. Even if we came straight back down we'd keep the parachute money coming in for another four. As you found yourselves it's mighty tough to keep a challenge going once that parachute cash ceases....

On a more serious note, went up to Millwall last night but had to sit in with the home fans in the upper West stand as our allocation was full. Have to say the noise our end made throughout was mighty impressive though :)

I don't want to be picky, but you make it sound like you took a huge following down there, when in fact it was just 1170.

Edited by Chez

I don't want to be picky, but you make it sound like you took a huge following down there, when in fact it was just 1170.

That can't be right we took over 2000 last year..... Oh i see it is. 1000 tickets sold and 170 on the night. top top fans

Look it's very good of you to be so concerned but really, we'll be fine. Thanks for the concern though, it's really heartening ;)

On a more serious note, went up to Millwall last night but had to sit in with the home fans in the upper West stand as our allocation was full. They were allright actually, apart from absolutely slating their players every time they lost the ball or generally messed up a move- quite a shock to hear abuse like that directed at their own players. Can't possibly help them.

Hardest thing though was trying to keep quiet when we got the penalty and sitting still when it went in. Have to say the noise our end made throughout was mighty impressive though :)

What all 1100 of them PMSL.

Anyway you said that was the serious bit and then completely forgot to mention about the admin bit and the threat of not being able to pay wages.

Your not a director up there pes are you???

We only need to get back up within the next three years. Even if we came straight back down we'd keep the parachute money coming in for another four. As you found yourselves it's mighty tough to keep a challenge going once that parachute cash ceases....
i dont think that is the case The parachutes are being used up to pay the football creditors/ Chanrai etc. You need to go up this season me thinks

That can't be right we took over 2000 last year..... Oh i see it is. 1000 tickets sold and 170 on the night. top top fans

We didn't play them "last year". We haven't played them in the league for at least 8 years. The limit allowed by Millwall was 1000 + an unofficial 170 who turned up without tickets and were allowed in on the night. And yes they were all top, top fans as the noise they made was constant and loud. Read the press reports if you don't believe me...

i dont think that is the case The parachutes are being used up to pay the football creditors/ Chanrai etc. You need to go up this season me thinks

Yep, admittedly the additional sky money would get the debt down much quicker, so fair point...

Sadly, they haven't cheated - yet! - well, not since they went in to admin anyway.

Yes, they've signed a few players, and got a few loans in, BUT, that isn't against the rules - however shady it might be to send out some youngsters on loan and get some prem players in!

However, the big question is, can they afford the wages? If AAs bleating is to be believed from last weekend, then no they can't. That could all have been more bluffing from him to try and get the FL to approve their new[sic] owner, but it failed once again. I don't see them being able to afford the wages all the way through the year, not unless Chinny boy puts in some serious cash, and happily, he won't be doing that whilst the FL refuse him to get his grubby hands onto his train set.

A long way left to go with this one, but I can only see it ending one way - despite what the Corpse says, but then we all know how much he's got right in the last three years ;)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})