Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Do not under estimate the significance of this;

A player comes down from the Midlands, trains on the Friday and does the prematch warm up, with the manager expecting him to play, only for the administrator to pull the plug and send him home 20 minutes from kick off. Is he worried thatthe company might fold and he will be liable for any expenditure? Or his it that the FL have said if you want your golden share, no more expensive loan signings? Or is it that they just can't make payroll in two weeks time?

Everything would have been arranged by lampitt and andriod has come over the top of him at the very last minute - Why? Whilst we will probably never find out, what ever scenario it is, (Especially if it is about the money) the answer isnt a good one. For all the bizarre things that have gone on at that dump, this jumps straight into the top 5.

Watch this space.

it is an interesting development, AA actually not agreeing to them raising their wage bill. Surely Cotterill had asked permission to get the lad in????

Perhaps AA doesn't rate him and is not one of his choices Lol

A player comes down from the Midlands, trains on the Friday and does the prematch warm up, with the manager expecting him to play, only for the administrator to pull the plug and send him home 20 minutes from kick off. Is he worried thatthe company might fold and he will be liable for any expenditure? Or his it that the FL have said if you want your golden share, no more expensive loan signings? Or is it that they just can't make payroll in two weeks time?

Everything would have been arranged by lampitt and andriod has come over the top of him at the very last minute - Why? Whilst we will probably never find out, what ever scenario it is, (Especially if it is about the money) the answer isnt a good one. For all the bizarre things that have gone on at that dump, this jumps straight into the top 5.

Watch this space.

I just think they were over-confident about coming out of admin last Thursday and Cotterill jumped the gun, assuming there'd be a 'new' owner by Saturday.

Watch this space.

Straight into the squad for tomorrows game at Millwall allegedly. Bang goes yet another Saints Web conspiracy theory

Aren't you all getting tired of this constant state of outrage you're in about anything to do with Pompey? It really is beyond ludicrous now

Straight into the squad for tomorrows game at Millwall allegedly. Bang goes yet another Saints Web conspiracy theory

Aren't you all getting tired of this constant state of outrage you're in about anything to do with Pompey? It really is beyond ludicrous now

Nah, it's still funny.

And you still come across as a thoroughly unpleasant **** without a single redeeming fibre to your being.

seriously though, for a moment, if you cannot see why people (Saints fans and others) are outraged at a club(business) in administration buying million pound players , and paying £1m PA wages to individual players, your world view must be very odd indeed.

Remember, administration is for failed businesses, and is supposed to be in the interests of the creditors.And remember, Saints fulfilled the terms of their administration, not least by only selling players before the new buyer came in.

seriously though, for a moment, if you cannot see why people (Saints fans and others) are outraged at a club(business) in administration buying million pound players , and paying £1m PA wages to individual players, your world view must be very odd indeed.

Remember, administration is for failed businesses, and is supposed to be in the interests of the creditors.And remember, Saints fulfilled the terms of their administration, not least by only selling players before the new buyer came in.

It's ok, the man from Frankfurt will be coming with the money soon; once he's picked up his noodles.

and AA has spoken to all 14 of those present in that photo and 3 have approved his cva - which equals 98% when seasonally adjusted.

What's happened to his much-promised admin exit?

Has he been telling fibs and the dim few have been lapping them up again?

They'll need a shedload of lucky heather to get out of this one.

and AA has spoken to all 14 of those present in that photo and 3 have approved his cva - which equals 98% when seasonally adjusted.

What's happened to his much-promised admin exit?

Has he been telling fibs and the dim few have been lapping them up again?

They'll need a shedload of lucky heather to get out of this one.

I think we are at the point again where AA said it would all be sorted out in a few days, about a week ago

TBF the European appeal must have taken prescidence.

How is it coming by the way. I'm looking forward to them entering the competition at the first knock out stage, conveniently avoiding all of the messy and league distracting group and qualifying stages.

Cunning.

You really should have been around in the 70s, 80s, 90s and if we'd had t'internet and message boards back then you can only imagine the frenzy those portsea island inhabitants would have worked themselves into over their more illustrious neighbours. And Ho-Ho-Ho, you probably wouldn't know this, but the blue few actually named one of their fanzines after a date they once beat Southampton...cute or what!

The creditors crowd is pictured here:

3473788.bin?size=sw620nws

:)

...and is this the long awaited new stadium corpy was telling us about...so many times? Maybe she wasn't just making it all up after all!

No, we're all enjoying it immensely. Aren't you becoming tired of coming on here when you haven't anything useful to say in defence of your bent club?

that's not the stadium - that's just the smaller of the two meeting rooms at their new training facility - it looks like a photo from the announcement of the Messi signing....

Talking of media scrums, we should welcome them to our world - there's Liverpool all over the papers, AA makes the rash statement that they will have new owners and exit admin in days.....no media bat an eyelid.

Is it that the media aren't interested or like the rest of people off Portsea they just don't believe him?

Once out of the Prem you no longer exist.......unless your chairman can create you headlines.

The Prem that brims with quality - Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, Bolton, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackpool, Blackburn etc - internationally-recognised footballing giants from the best league in the world.

Am I the only one that shudders when I hear results like Birmingham 0-0 Fulham?

Ho's ok, he gets smarmy and precious at times but in the main he is just a football fan who defends his club.I bet he slags them off in company but defends them like mad when anyone dares to have a go....ring any bells with any on here.I know i do.

i did smile when he put that Halford is in the squad and will play against Millwall but then qualifies it with 'allegedly' just in case it doesn't happen and he is found out again Lol. Even Ho is not 100% sure that AA etc are telling the truth

that's not the stadium - that's just the smaller of the two meeting rooms at their new training facility - it looks like a photo from the announcement of the Messi signing....

Talking of media scrums, we should welcome them to our world - there's Liverpool all over the papers, AA makes the rash statement that they will have new owners and exit admin in days.....no media bat an eyelid.

Is it that the media aren't interested or like the rest of people off Portsea they just don't believe him?

Once out of the Prem you no longer exist.......unless your chairman can create you headlines.

The Prem that brims with quality - Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, Bolton, Sunderland, Wolves, Blackpool, Blackburn etc - internationally-recognised footballing giants from the best league in the world.

Am I the only one that shudders when I hear results like Birmingham 0-0 Fulham?

Agree all the way. shudder.

It’s all about the Championship these days, proper league. Big clubs, good crowds with decent stadia... the skates dragging the league down as usual!

Until these no mark clubs get flushed out the PL and the big boys regain there rightful place the prem is a place I have no desire to return to.

Out with Wigan, Stoke, Bolton, Wolves, Blackpool, Fulham, Birmingham, West Brom

in with Shef Weds, Leeds, Forest, Leciester, Saints, Newcastle, Norwich, QPR

The prem highlights how gate receipts have taken a less important role with the broadcasting royalties being so significant. I’m sure once all the big boys have bottomed out (like us) and push back in, the likes of Wigan and the Skates will be gone for a generation.

It’s all about the Championship these days, proper league. Big clubs, good crowds with decent stadia... the skates dragging the league down as usual!

Until these no mark clubs get flushed out the PL and the big boys regain there rightful place the prem is a place I have no desire to return to.

The prem highlights how gate receipts have taken a less important role with the broadcasting royalties being so significant. I’m sure once all the big boys have bottomed out (like us) and push back in, the likes of Wigan and the Skates will be gone for a generation.

Er...these "no-mark" clubs are in the PL because of what they have done on the pitch.

In case you need reminding, Blackpool won the Championship play-off last season. Stoke and West Brom were not relegated, therefore they have a right to be in the Prem.

Sheff Wed, Leeds and Saints are not in the PL because there were relegated.

Wigan, Stoke, Wolves, Blackpool, Fulham, Birmingham and West Brom are Premier Lleague clubs. In terms of status in UK domestic football's pecking order, they are above us by some distance.

When you are talking about crowds and backdrops that's a different matter, and I agree with you. Because of the TV income, clubs don't have to worry so much about the crowds as they did when gate receipts was their prime source of income (a bit like it is outside the PL).

But when you're trying to sell the self-styled World's Greatest League to all and sundry around the world, that claim rings a little hollow when they are vast swathes of empty seats. That's what the PL don't like much.

Are we talking about the Blackpool FC who won at St James' Park & Anfield, and outplayed the richest club in the country for about 70 minutes of Sunday's match ?

Anyway, get the thread back on track...CHEATS !!!

Edited by badgerx16

I'd sooner have West Brom in the Prem than Leicester.

But I agree with your general point.

Er...these "no-mark" clubs are in the PL because of what they have done on the pitch.

In case you need reminding, Blackpool won the Championship play-off last season. Stoke and West Brom were not relegated, therefore they have a right to be in the Prem.

Wigan, Stoke, Wolves, Blackpool, Fulham, Birmingham and West Brom are Premier Lleague clubs. In terms of status in UK domestic football's pecking order, they are above us by some distance.

When you are talking about crowds and backdrops that's a different matter, and I agree with you. Because of the TV income, clubs don't have to worry so much about the crowds as they did when gate receipts was their prime source of income (a bit like it is outside the PL).

But when you're trying to sell the self-styled World's Greatest League to all and sundry around the world, that claim rings a little hollow when they are vast swathes of empty seats. That's what the PL don't like much.

I understand that the clubs I have slated (and us) are where we are on merit, however I also believe it demonstrates how we/sky/PL-franchise have corrupted OUR game to the point where you don’t need support from your customers to compete. I believe this situation is turning full circle and the days of Harry Redknapp buying Champions League Quality players on £100k+ PW to play in front of 15k skates is nigh.

Wigan on the TV are an embarrassment in my eyes, can’t even get close to capacity for the big four!

The big boys are coming back, with proper infrastructure, support and history.

Looking at the current PL table, well, its rubbish!

Are we talking about the Blackpool FC who won at St James' Park & Anfield, and outplayed the richest club in the country for about 70 minutes of Sunday's match ?

Anyway, get the thread back on track...CHEATS !!!

We are yes. Fair point though, Holloway is having a fine honeymoon period, a little bit like Hull did.

On the whole I would argue that the current crop of top 8 outsiders are purely whipping boys for the celebrity teams, where the showcase players get the opportunity to get a hat trick, whip in a free kick and generally posture to the cameras in glory.

I'd sooner have West Brom in the Prem than Leicester.

But I agree with your general point.

Leicester were lucky to get in my list, it could have been Cov, or Derby, Charlton, Sheff Utd... no excuse for small clubs in the PL.

Pompey, with their debt mountain, tax evasion, total-liability-infrastructure, moral shambles and general corruption, may have saved the PL... in the most extreme ways perhaps, but at least we all know it isn’t feasible without a benefactor acting as a charity, or a well supported well established club!

if football had just been invented and they were to launch it, they would make it 40k stadia upwards, and regional teams. That would make the revenue streams far better. I see another break away coming with Mna u'd finances and the PL losing its gloss with so many ESPN type matches being played

suddenly it makes sense - AA pulled the plug on Halford because he had Rooney on the other line....

That also explains why AA hasn't done either of the major things he said he would be doing in the last four days.

Presumably like those who have joined before him Wayne will be buying out his Utd contract 'with his own money', and joining as a free to sidestep the year long embargo that has so hampered their recruitment.

I guess the administrator has had to put administrating on the back burner to finish that deal, and the european appeal.

Wayne's thick, but I hope for Colleen's sake he isn't that thick.

Why have you included Newcastle and QPR in the "in with" section?

The way things are going, Pompey could end up being in administration for the rest of time, with the courts etc. too afraid to really do anything about it.

Not quite, the football league will kick them out if they're still in admin at the start of next season, and I'm pretty sure that they can't self fund in admin on non-league income.

Not quite, the football league will kick them out if they're still in admin at the start of next season, and I'm pretty sure that they can't self fund in admin on non-league income.

Come on, havn't you seen the Matrix? The Skates will be the constant self perpetuating glitch in the football pyramid's 'program.' The very flaw that defines it.

Yeah, because QPR are a much bigger club than Wolves, Birmingham and WBA........ :rolleyes:

And you missed off Derby, who are just as big as Leicester and Forest and much bigger than QPR.