Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Lol... I loved this from the news comments;

Frattonman and others, I, 4-1 agree with comments. There is something that smells about this. Questions need to be asked. Maybe we should get the MP to raise questions in the House?

The funny thing is that their MP has just been arrested on suspicion of sex with a mentally challenged person

Who else would you have sex with in Portsmouth?

"Administrator Andrew Andronikou delivered a severe warning that the surprise decision, taken at the league’s monthly board meeting, has pushed the Championship outfit to the brink of extinction."

"PORTSMOUTH could go out of business by next Monday after the Football League refused to sanction the club’s move out of administration."

"the doors at Fratton Park could be slammed shut forever soon after tomorrow’s home game against Watford."

A surprise unless you've been reading this thread ;)

Some strong claims there.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Boss-shrugs-off-Pompey-wage.6583061.jp

Reports have suggested the Blues may ask players to defer their wages while they chase around £900,000 they are owed by Inter Milan for the sale of Sulley Muntari.

Cotterill insists he was unaware of any situation arising where staff wouldn't be paid money.

The Italians are said to have not paid Pompey because of an Italian court order which stated the money should be paid to Muntari's former club Udinese.

Frattonman and others, I, 4-1 agree with comments. There is something that smells about this. Questions need to be asked. Maybe we should get the MP to raise questions in the House?

The funny thing is that their MP has just been arrested on suspicion of sex with a mentally challenged person

Could you be more specific - that could be any of his constituents....

if its not sustainable it lies with AA - he could have sold more players, bought cheaper ones etc he came up with this plan and now says it doesn't work??

Which is why we will continue to see a succession of articles and comments from him bleating about the unfairness of it all. Then he will miraculously come up with another solution that "requires time for all Stakeholders to investigate and to take on board before we can move forwward" Which SHOULD "given the magnificient support of the players who voted to forgo their wages this month" will mean that they get to hang around until at least November.

He will try EVERY trick in the book to get this to last until January when the transfer window opens. In the meantime he will be trying to get advanced payments from clubs "to buy the options on loan players purchase" and trying to get 500k deposit for the likes of Nugent etc.

Which will be followed by a desperate plea to the FL, UEFA and then FIFA to allow them to sell players outside the transfer window (again)

AA has got his sums wrong, he burnt cash to fast but he HAS to get through to January.

The ride will be fun, don't get the bread out the freezer yet, it will be like Nottarf by the time you put it in the Toaster - all mouldy.

It tickles me greatly that on the news sports page, the story that Pompey "could go out of business" is next to a story about unleashing the "Hermannator", who they presumably signed on higher wages than the youth prospect they loaned out to make room from him in the squad. Marvellous.

Fantastic point here by "Frattonman";

"This whole thing stinks and l think that there is a conspiracy between the PL and FL to drive us out of business UEFA and FIFA need to urgently step in and sort this nonsense out."

Bless him.

Edit - Didn't see this already mentioned twice before...just shows how funny it is!

\and another from Frattonman !

" If those poxy Italians paid us what they owed us then we could pay the wages "

Schadenfreude and ROFL !!!!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Boss-shrugs-off-Pompey-wage.6583061.jp

Reports have suggested the Blues may ask players to defer their wages while they chase around £900,000 they are owed by Inter Milan for the sale of Sulley Muntari.

Cotterill insists he was unaware of any situation arising where staff wouldn't be paid money.

The Italians are said to have not paid Pompey because of an Italian court order which stated the money should be paid to Muntari's former club Udinese.

Lol as I was typing the bit about asking for players to defer wages someone finds he is already considering it! Damn I'm good and WOULD have had my thoughts up earlier IF I hadn't been eating Brunch!

if its not sustainable it lies with AA - he could have sold more players, bought cheaper ones etc he came up with this plan and now says it doesn't work??

Quite . It is just nonsense isn't it. How can he say they will now not have enough money to pay wages? Even if the sale to Chainrai went through he wouldn't suddenly be pouring more money in. Why in God's name did he not get rid of more high wage earners and how on earth did anyone allow him to sign Lawrence and Kitson?

Hehe, I like this one from the 'janitor'

SOUNDS TO ME AS IF THE FL AND PL ARE CONTINUALLY MOVING THE GOAL POSTS WHY ???THE ADMINISTRATOR IS A PROPERLY APPOINTED PERSON AND I CANT BELIEVE THE FAULT LIES WITH HIM OR THE CLUB.THEY HAVE ALL BEEN IN CONTACT SO WE ARE TOLD .....LOOKS MORE AND MORE LIKE POMPEY ARE TO BE CAST OUT WHY IS WHAT WE SHOULD BE TOLD BY THE FL AND PL AND ALL INVOLVED IN WHATS LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE A SHIFTY BUSINESS

No apologies for the shouting, I guess it must be noisy in the broom cupboard :D

So, any ideas why janitor 'can't believe' that the administrator is at fault? He is the one that has been in charge of the finances since February, put together the CVA - which they haven't even had to bother looking at paying yet! - and also the one who sanctioned all the transfers in and out! There's only one person at that club who holds the purse strings, and the blame must rest fairly and squarely with the Android :D

Liquidation, with Chanrai becoming the nasty landlord of the future.

What was he saying before, the club can rent it from him for £1.2m a year?

That should help AFC Pompey make the decision to play on the common.

Mind you, if they are anything like the club they will be more than happy to build up some debt with there landlord!

Chinny: 'sorry skates, its £1.2m P.A or im building some houses'

Pompeys going down with no money in the bank.

Liquidation, with Chanrai becoming the nasty landlord of the future.

What was he saying before, the club can rent it from him for £1.2m a year?

That should help AFC Pompey make the decision to play on the common.

Mind you, if they are anything like the club they will be more than happy to build up some debt with there landlord!

Chinny: 'sorry skates, its £1.2m P.A or im building some houses'

Pompeys going down with no money in the bank.

AFAIK pompey city council have got a solid clause on what the ground can be used for. Building houses very unlikely.

AFAIK pompey city council have got a solid clause on what the ground can be used for. Building houses very unlikely.

Pompey Council have the legal clause. We all know following this case that the law can be amended dependent on circumstances. I' m sure if a builder were to put forward a strong case to the council which helped the council with housing costs in this difficult financial climate, that the 'clause' could be amended to facilitate this.

Marc Wilson went to stoke for 4M I believe and they got those two plus about a mill in readies. Unfortunately they failed to get the paperwork in on time for lawrence as it all took place right up against the window so he's on a sort of loan deal at the moment. The combined salaries of Kitson and Lawrence are about 40K as widely reported at the time and confirmed by AA.

IMO Hacker Young won't let AA continue to trade the DFCSB's if Chainrai walks away. The losses are just unsustainable, even to a big firm like Hacker. So this really could be the end game - unless AA is bluffing about Chinrai. If it is the end, can I just say that the loss of the 'local rivalry' is for me a small price to pay and I will be cracking one open, before dancing merrily on their grave. I feel sorry for Mack, who I reckon is the only decent Pompey fan i have come across, ever. The rest of you fish botherers can swivel.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint

Some people reckon that the Skates will make it through to their last match of the season. If they do and you would like some company when you crack one open, arrangements are being made in anticipation.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=162289650467757

Naturally, there are the inevitable retarded imbeciles from the blue part of South Hampshire posting their insults, but it comes across as bravado and envy at our situation with no debts, wealthy ownership, decent stadium, manager, squad, etc. In their heart of hearts, they realise that by the end of the season, we will be going up and they will be going down, if they haven't passed into oblivion first.

And STILL they talk about signing more players!!!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Shotton-can-be-Pompey39s-right.6583087.jp

Un-bloody-believable

Ignoring the fact that they could be out of business by next week, Didnt they have to get special dispensation to sign so many players from one club? Taking another from Stoke just takes that dispensation a step further and if the FL have said do one to the golden share I doubt they will be rushing forward to let Pompey bring in another Stoke player.

SC's comments about not realising he would be in a situation where staff might not be paid show how much he was taken in by the Android's BS or show up how stupid he really is. Anyone thinking Pompey wouldnt have money problems for a few years after going into Admin for upto £130 mil of debt would be deranged.

My missus is in deep sh!t then.

The money problem was always going to come at some point, it has just come a lot earlier than we thought. If the money has run out already how are they going to pay the first CVA payment in March?

Rallyboy was right all along - The CVA is unworkable and the FL have realised this.

And STILL they talk about signing more players!!!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Shotton-can-be-Pompey39s-right.6583087.jp

Un-bloody-believable

10 months on...nothings changed. Can't afford to pay existing players and they still want to sign more.

Any player considering joining them should realise that the Football Creditors rule does not apply if a club ceases to exist.

Would that be because Udinese are one of the clubs Poopy ripped off last year?

Oh deep joy. What goes around comes around.

How can they complain a foriegn club is not paying what they are owed on time when they did exactly the same thing last year?

Quality, absolute quality!!!!!

Sickens me they keep trying to sign players and still ask for sympathy. This isn't some poor club struggling through no fault of their own, they've cheated, plain and simple. I'd hate them if I'd never supported Saints in my life, and know many non-Saints fans fed up with their preferential treatment now.

Two FA Cup finals - why? What about every club that didn't bring in lots of players on huge wages only to not pay? They gained an illegal advantage and it's disgusting. Should all clubs do that then? If there was any sense left they'd be stripped of that FA Cup. But to let them keep playing in last year's was even more crazy, especially with loaned players. How do they keep bringing in players when in administration, then just ignore tax bills? Nevermind all the creditors right, forget any small business counting on that money, so long as thousands more each week can be thrown at a new player or five. They are everything that's wrong with football and someone needs to have the balls to put every other club off doing the same by finally punishing them properly.

This

:lol: at ludicrous Andy and his skate chums.

The whole thing is just ridiculous.

If £40k is the weekly liability of Kitson and Lawrence then that's an annual liability of just under £2.1m. Their turnover from normal operations (excluding ear-marked parachute payments and assuming no mega player sales in January) will probably be something in the region of £10-14m this year, I reckon. So those two players, at a stroke, account for somewhere between 15-20% of their entire available cash flow. Absolutely ridiculous, crazy, remarkable, for a company in administration to take on liabilities like that.

Edited by benjii

Here's how I hope it goes down.

They make it through the season but stay in admin, go down on the last day in hearbreaking circumstances, forced to stay in admin and not granted their golden share....meaning they're kicked out of the football league and go bust.

Likely scenario knowing them lot. They exit admin early next year, stay up and get promoted next season and then sign a bunch of players they cant afford.

It would appear the Liverpool takeover has been or is very near to being completed in the High Court. Whilst the two cases may be somewhat disimilar, it only goes to prove that if you have a viable, stable business with the right asetts in place it does not take long to find a buyer.

On the other hand - if you have nothing of any potential worth, buyers might be just a little harder to find.

it surprises me how little other championship owners have had to say about the whole thing. By rights, in administration, and with the parachute payments spoken for, poopey should be nailed on for one of the relegation slots.

But here they are playing fantasy football, buying million pound players and spending cash they really don't seem to have.in the process building a pretty handy squad.

I think the Doncaster Chairman might have spoken up, but no one else seems to have......but I bet most champo teams (never mind the ones at the bottom) would love to have the two stoke players to call on.

it may be that at this stage of the season none of them want to be seen as relegation candidates...

How many times have the skates looked like that they were on their way to the guillotine, only for a pardon to be given in the last minute? Could this really be it? Are they really about to get the chop? I still think they will find a way out and get ANOTHER stay of execution! Would love to be wrong though. But I say "Off with their heads!!!" haha

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})