Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

this looks interesting on twitter

Andrew Androniku tells BBC Radio Solent that the resumption of #pompey ownership by Balram Chainrai is set to be delayed

As this whole shower of sh!te has dragged on ages already that suggests it's going to last a whole lot longer.

Does it mean the FL don't like the numbers they presented or is AA wanting another transfer window to raise some cash, or something else?

Yesterday evening on Solent they had "Colin the stammer" on the radio at about 05:20 ish.

The presenter (Steve Harris) first played a recording of Comical Andy saying how things like "FL job is to create a level playing field" etc. The usual sort of verbal diarrhoea from AA.

After the recording SH said to colin "He is always a barrels of laughs, isn't he"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00b6199/Steve_Harris_29_09_2010

1:20:10 Steve Harris intro for AA.

1:20:35 AA verbal diarrhoea .....

1:21:27 "He is always a barrels of laughs, isn't he..."

Has anyone else noticed how colin speaks "normally" when talking about football but as soon as the "CHEATING activities" (ownership, money etc) are mentioned then his stutter comes on very bad. One might suggest he knows they have been CHEATING.

As this whole shower of sh!te has dragged on ages already that suggests it's going to last a whole lot longer.

Does it mean the FL don't like the numbers they presented or is AA wanting another transfer window to raise some cash, or something else?

I remember reading something over a month ago (Possibly the Guardian) that suggested that there could be a problem with Chinrai's takeover because the takeover ompany is registered in the Caribean, and it is not clear who owns it, a similar situation to the company that owns dirty Leeds.

Perhaps the problem is that Chinrai is unwilling to disclose who else is in on the deal with him ?

I remember reading something over a month ago (Possibly the Guardian) that suggested that there could be a problem with Chinrai's takeover because the takeover ompany is registered in the Caribean, and it is not clear who owns it, a similar situation to the company that owns dirty Leeds.

Perhaps the problem is that Chinrai is unwilling to disclose who else is in on the deal with him ?

wasnt there some talk of the man who bought man city being involved somewhere?Thaksinatwa

wasnt there some talk of the man who bought man city being involved somewhere?Thaksinatwa

He was linked somewhere with Sulieman al-Fahim, IIRC. He realised he couldn't actually get any money into it, so pulled out. SAF decided he still fancied owning the club, though, and went through with the purchase anyway :lol: :facepalm:

can't be that much of a problem, Chanrai was a couple of days from passing the FaPP test a few months back, a formality AA said.

So must be true.

What became of the additional paperwork the FL requested to approve the CVA? Has it gone the same way as the European appeal?

Perhaps even AA has had enough of his puppet master.

Tell you what Andy, you dance when I say and bring me the club on a plate.....actually, not sure I want it anymore, looks a bit pricey....

It'll be interesting to see how that goes in reality... of course, we now have a rough idea of what each player is "earning" (based on their claims in the CVA vote), although that obviously only extends as far as those who were there last season as well, and the duration of their contract (as per the most recent document).

The budget in the CVA proposal only allows for £495,000 per month on player wages, dropping to £453,000 next season, then £316,000 in 2012/13, eventually plateauing at £275,000 a month. Good luck... :lol:

were those wage figures based on the old parachute payment amounts though as these have obviously increased significantly and may explain why they can afford the two lads from Stoke.

Yes I thought that when we swept them aside the other week, it was really humbling.

Maybe you should beware of the ones they call Brighton, they're coming your way with their new stadium and their solvent trading, in fact they might swap places with you at this rate.

If we look along the whole south coast between Plymouth and Brighton, there's only one club being left behind.

I'd be more concerned with your natural rivals if I were one of your snide bunch. Bournemouth are leaving you lot behind. Bad times ahead for SFC.

PES you have had a real personality change, time for you to jog off until you get your old self back. Go and support your charity and kid robbers

Our natural rivals, who are yours Waterlooville then, i dont see you smashing up your own town after you lose to them Lol

Bournemouth are in a different county, and have never before been in living memory close to be better than us. The same could not be said about your club re-garding Bournemouth

Three great related myths with a tax evasion twist -

Mandaric is good at selecting managers,

Redknapp is great in the transfer market,

Storrie is Mr Pompey.

And a bonus myth for free - the few are the bestest.

They are all having a larf mush.

difficult to toast when the electric has been cut off, he'll have to toast old school style using a fork and all those 08 accounts as a small fire.....

I see they're trying to bring in Keith Gillespie to take over Storrie's role dealing with taxation and budgets, shouldn't be too expensive if they can do a job share with Ken Dodd.

Just seen this on the bbc page:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9048768.stm

Is any of this new?

AA: "We've certainly implemented sufficient cost rationalisation to make the club viable."

You mean like bringing in players left right and centre at well over the agreed salary cap?

A transfer embargo on player registrations will also then be lifted.

Embargo? What embargo?

yawn lol - who gives a toss about numbers, apart from when its coming back from 2 down

winning is on the pitch not how many people are standing/sitting in the stands.

Lol, you lot move the goalposts whenever it suits.

Now you've got nothing to crow about since your empire on sand foundations collapsed.

no I have never suggested either team has a bigger fanbase or that it matters - in fact I have posted twice on here before to that effect

I am happy we still have a club - what might hapen in the future who knows but at the moment we look ok, be better when that **** Chainrai fooks off though

no I have never suggested either team has a bigger fanbase or that it matters - in fact I have posted twice on here before to that effect

I am happy we still have a club - what might hapen in the future who knows but at the moment we look ok, be better when that **** Chainrai fooks off though

Maybe not you - but it is often the rather hapless Corp Ho who used to regularly embarrass himself with that argument.

On another point - d'you think we'll be resuming the proper south coast derbies next season? I'd be interested to hear the opinion of a Portsmouth supporter...;)

It only matters in that if your benefactor leaves your income comes from your support. That is why we are more relaxed about our long term future as although your footballing level remains higher than ours your support is considerably smaller.

On another point - d'you think we'll be resuming the proper south coast derbies next season? I'd be interested to hear the opinion of a Portsmouth supporter...;)

Nope, I 4-1 believe that whilst The Paranoid Nutcase is at the helm, you'll be going nowhere fast. As for Pompey? Who knows? **** or bust innit! Anyway, you all want Pompey to go bust, so why do any of you lot care about resuming a 'proper' rivalry. :)

Nope, I 4-1 believe that whilst The Paranoid Nutcase is at the helm, you'll be going nowhere fast. As for Pompey? Who knows? **** or bust innit! Anyway, you all want Pompey to go bust, so why do any of you lot care about resuming a 'proper' rivalry. :)

I would be happy to feel that Pompey have been punished for the cheating and lying in a fair way. Other clubs have been in crappy situations in the past and the FL have made examples of them. Your lot seem to continually get away with things and carry on as if nothing is wrong.

If proper punishment were to mean your club folded then within 24 hours there would be a Pompey afc and I would hope that the true Pompey followers would make Pompey afc grow into a decent club that would be proud to support. I look forward to the local derby's that would eventually follow. No matter who comes out on top!

Good to see you back on here PES :)

Thanks Spudgun. It all got a bit too spiteful on here a couple of months back, but now the whiff of blood has left some on here's nostrils, we can have more sensible debate and banter mate. Good win today by the way. I was cheering the cherries all the way but it was not to be! :)

I would be happy to feel that Pompey have been punished for the cheating and lying in a fair way. Other clubs have been in crappy situations in the past and the FL have made examples of them. Your lot seem to continually get away with things and carry on as if nothing is wrong.

If proper punishment were to mean your club folded then within 24 hours there would be a Pompey afc and I would hope that the true Pompey followers would make Pompey afc grow into a decent club that would be proud to support. I look forward to the local derby's that would eventually follow. No matter who comes out on top!

Ok here's an analogy for you. If through no fault of your own your house had become infested with Rats, would you want it raised to the ground for you to have to build it all back up again? Of course not. I see an AFC Pompey as a last case scenario and would rather the damage inflicted was given a bit of time to repair and slowly make the house habitable again. Thankfully the powers that be have given Pompey the benefit of the doubt and a little breathing space to try to sort things out. Despite what you may think Pompey have been punished, maybe not to the extent many on here would want, but i'm under no illusion that should things be proven and the club and not just individuals found guilty, then further penalties will be inevitable.

Ok here's an analogy for you. If through no fault of your own your house had become infested with Rats, would you want it raised to the ground for you to have to build it all back up again? Of course not. I see an AFC Pompey as a last case scenario and would rather the damage inflicted was given a bit of time to repair and slowly make the house habitable again. Thankfully the powers that be have given Pompey the benefit of the doubt and a little breathing space to try to sort things out. Despite what you may think Pompey have been punished, maybe not to the extent many on here would want, but i'm under no illusion that should things be proven and the club and not just individuals found guilty, then further penalties will be inevitable.

But then I wouldn't sing songs praising those same rats and travel to the Capital to worship them further. Nor would I expect the Chief Rat Catcher to provide them with endless food, rather than do his job and kill off the disease ridden bas tards.

Thank you for the analogy, by the way.

My afc Pompey note was talking about if the punishment were to be that big it killed your club. Pompey wouldn't be finished and the true supporters would make an afc Pompey happen.

I actually think the punishment should have been big enough to mean closure is a big possibility but with a lot of hard work and re-building it could have been avoidable.

It seems however, the punishment was more like a bit of a finger wagging and the club has been able to carry on where it left off doing the same things that got it into so much mess in the 1st place.

Through the best efforts of everyone that could have pulled the plug, you have people in charge that still want to get around the problems by creating more problems. The chances given should have meant you had a bigger chance of survival than anyone else has had with half the problems Pompey have had. But the way Pompey have carried on I think it's only a mater of time before your in the same boat as before with even less people around to throw a lifeline.

Maybe not you - but it is often the rather hapless Corp Ho who used to regularly embarrass himself with that argument.

I cannot see us getting relegated so it will rely on you being promoted.

And they were red hot favorites anall,,,,,,(Big muver F*ckin Halloween Pumpkin smiley winkey thingee)

A! Mods am i the only knut on ear who has no smiles,

Still are favorites...

http://sports.coral.co.uk/sport/en#/drilldown/type/527/npower-League-1

And look who's second favorites for the drop...

http://sports.coral.co.uk/sport/en#/markets/2/TN-STRD-Relegation/Relegation