Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

But can he?

Why would Chainrai register a charge against all CSI revenue and assets three days after the Lithuanian government took control of Snoras and one day before an arrest warrant was issued for Antonov?

I reckon a lawyer with half a brain would be able to get that overturned. That said, we said the same about the Fratton Park one last time...

Stevie - you may think that but I could not possibly comment.

Otherwise I lose my "Death (in front of their families) is too good for them" stance.

But c'mon, let's face it - find a buyer in 4 weeks, due dilligence, possible future claims against the legality of ownership or even "Handling Stolen Goods" ???? How many people were queuing up to buy them last time round?

It took Saints HOW long??? when you could buy 30mil of FIXED property assets for 12 mil and get a football club free????

No fair enough

Is there not some issue with 'allegedly' paying this months salaries with money that has in FACT been stolen?

The fact of whether it's stolen or now will come out of the court case surely?

What you and I think (or to be more accurate) know to be true is almost irrelevant i'm afraid.

oh and a short farewell from D_P for the weekend. I had serious reasons to be posting gibberish clues since the summer, but this weekend it'll be back I'm afraid - Yep, the egg chasers are in town. Ain't nowt to do with watching Rugby (unless England win) more about a two day silly hat silly T Shirt and get stupidly drunk and dance like Dads to repetitive rubbish

If you need me I'll be on Sky Sports Fri/Sat - you'll see me easily I'll be the sunburnt old fart holding a can of Heineken leering at the cheerleaders

and having to listen to "Our local rockers" belting out their Rugby 7's anthem

http://www.julianadown.net/home.cfm

Yawn

Have fun team

Stupid question. If a holding company goes into administration, can one of the underlying companies also go into administration afterwards, or is it covered by the holding company administration?

As CSI is in administration, and Pompey's money will run out probably on pay day in December (31st), surely the point about points deduction now is moot. As soon as they can't pay anyone, and have no access to funds to pay anyone, they will get a points deduction. That should prove that they are totally reliant on CSI funding (but Akers has already fessed up to that).

I guess their only life blood will / could be selling players on January 1. However, wouldn't those funds be going towards CSIs administration?

Assuming the £10.5m that Antonov has pumped into the club since August is a loan, wouldn't AA now be looking to bring in as much money as possible for CSI, starting with calling in loans....after all he's said they need to sell Pompey, presumably to stick cash into CSI? CSI being protected by Administration would surely mean that Portsmouth aren't Mr Big any more in AAs eyes.....they're Mr Bigs B1tch.

Edited by Chin Strain
Is B i t c h really a swear word?

So with that in mind how much would a buyer need to bail them out and own the club now?

And let's not forget the ongoing court case with Mandy and Arry, with Storrietellers turning QE.

If anyone tried to pass the FAPPT to buy Poopey, they would have to be rejected on sanity grounds if nothing else.

Why would Chainrai register a charge against all CSI revenue and assets three days after the Lithuanian government took control of Snoras and one day before an arrest warrant was issued for Antonov?

I reckon a lawyer with half a brain would be able to get that overturned. That said, we said the same about the Fratton Park one last time...

CSI won't have given Chanrai a debenture for nothing. My guess is that he has put in some more finance, possibly in order to provide Pompey with sufficient funds to meet the November/December wage bills. To the extent that he is taking security for new cash pumped in, there's nothing legally wrong with that in priciple. Time will tell.

CSI won't have given Chanrai a debenture for nothing. My guess is that he has put in some more finance, possibly in order to provide Pompey with sufficient funds to meet the November/December wage bills. To the extent that he is taking security for new cash pumped in, there's nothing legally wrong with that in priciple. Time will tell.

But why would Chanrai pump more money in now? Last time I could understand an interest as there were parachute payments etc. Even last season there was a punt at getting back to the PL. Now there's nothing. There's no hope. Maybe he's just happy to see the club sell all the players worth anything in January, then pull the plug, take the ground (building land) and burn the club and the rest of CSI.

Like I said earlier, this whole episode smacks of when they were last at St Marys in the cup - early January remember?

The whole of the build up was 'will they survive until then'? Then they re-signed O'Hara, Owusu-Abeyie and Rocha when they were blatantly insolvent...

You watch the same thing happen all over again. FL fall over themselves to help etc etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong....

Like I said earlier, this whole episode smacks of when they were last at St Marys in the cup - early January remember?

The whole of the build up was 'will they survive until then'? Then they re-signed O'Hara, Owusu-Abeyie and Rocha when they were blatantly insolvent...

You watch the same thing happen all over again. FL fall over themselves to help etc etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong....

The FL will do naff all as pompey aren't in administration.

Considering they're still servicing (or yet to start servicing) a CVA from a previous administration, it's unlikely they'll be allowed to go into administration again. If the club itself faces another winding up order, the chances are they won't be allowed the protection of administration, and the winding up order will be followed through.

Ah....TOAST then.

Sad to say but when I stop laughing and sit quietly and have a think ( I can think sometimes you know :D)

I regret to say that I have to agree with those who say that they are very good at getting away with things.

I fear that somehow they will get away with it yet again and shock horror they could win on the 18th."Luck of

the Devil" is a phrase my mother used to use and that sprang into my mind just now.

I would really, really, really love to be wrong.

Just why would Chanrai have a debenture from CSI? He has one on PFC 2011 or whatever the company is called for the asset of the ground. If CSI and newco. are not linked as per SLH and SFC why would he have the CSI debenture?

Good question.

Could either be that he's lending money to CSI in a seperate deal, or that they've shifted the debenture he had on PFC to CSI in an attempt to avoid the points penalty.

The admission that Antonov put £10.8 Million into PFC, made by one of his fellow directors and repeated by AA, is a startling one.

Not only does it point to insolvency in the business, as it is all gone by new year, but also the fact that it was Antonovs money.

I'm not sure how that will impact the deliberations on points deductions by the FL, as it could be interpreted as PFC being a massive drain on CSI, and so look more like the cause of the administration than the Crazy Golf tournament was, for instance.

More importantly, the Goverments of Lithuania and Latvia are convinced that Antonov has stolen millions from their countries. They may well regard that £10m as theirs, and ask for it back.

My thoughts exactley . If its money they stole from Snoras Bank, Pomfriet could be in some real Sh*t storm!!!!!!

Is it not illegal to recieve stolen money, and then enrich yourself from it!!

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

Could the fact that it's CSI and not pompey in administration actually cause more problems for the skates?

The way I see it the administrator's job is to keep CSI a going concern, not PFC. If PFC is a drain on SCI's finances (particularly with the upcoming CVA) then surely the best course of action would be to sell what players they can in Jan then liquidate the club?

Or is that just wishful thinking?

How in gods name are they going to pay the first installment of the CVA if they do not have enough money coming from the terraces to pay the current outgoing. Finding £5 million for the CVA is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Simple, they don't pay. The Cheats are very good at that.

Could the fact that it's CSI and not pompey in administration actually cause more problems for the skates?

The way I see it the administrator's job is to keep CSI a going concern, not PFC. If PFC is a drain on SCI's finances (particularly with the upcoming CVA) then surely the best course of action would be to sell what players they can in Jan then liquidate the club?

What I reckon too (see my posts above)

This.

If PFC was in any other business and thus without the football reality distortion field then a summary of current cost of the business to keep it running, upcoming major costs, likelihood of making a profit and value of assets it would be closed down faster than you can sneeze.

Ah ha, somebody else knows an IP.

Something is telling me the appointment of AA is wrong, I get the feeling he is a "Phoenix" merchant. I will have a dig around, but if any knows an Insovency Practioner, see if they know the rules, I guess if Pompey do go he will be appointed ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8544183.stm

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/fraud_protection/phoenix_company_fraud

Is phoenixism legal and if so what happens?

Yes, provided the rules are observed and the liquidator maximises the interests of creditors then the business assets can be sold to a "connected party". In this event the liquidator must satisfy himself that he/she has

•Obtained the best possible value for the assets having typically

•Having typically advertised the assets for sale in the media and or on the internet.

•Ensured the creditors interests are not compromised by investigating the conduct of the directors prior to the liquidation.

•The trading name of the new company is not the same or similar to the liquidated company.

(This restriction on re-use of a trade name can be lifted if the court agrees).

Often a phoenix will require new cash in the form of investment to get the company going. This can sometimes be a stumbling block too. As can the fact that the new company may have to take on the employees employment rights from the old company (TUPE). This is a very complex issue that must be considered before going down the liquidation path.

Typically the company is very distressed and the board decided to cease trading, the normal liquidation process starts but the directors or shareholders or both buy some of the assets from the liquidator. The new company starts to trade. Often a similar name is used to the old company - this can be a legal minefield so make sure you get good advice if you wish to set up a phoenix company.

Edited by Saint-scooby
s

Yeah....like the administrators job last year was to obtain the best deal for PFC's creditors, right?

Let's face it, in this instance the administrators job is whatever Mr Chainrai says it is.

I have been thinking.

1.CSI must have been in arrears to chanrai for him to obtain administration

2.PFC new co. will go into administration as soon as the tax bill is unpaid X weeks :)

If HMRC are the biggest creditor to PFC new co, HMRC get to choose the administrator.

HMRC will get a second chance at liquidation.

Yeah....like the administrators job last year was to obtain the best deal for PFC's creditors, right?

Let's face it, in this instance the administrators job is whatever Mr Chainrai says it is.

Thereby lies the crux of the matter !!

Sad, but true !!

Actually, the FAPPT seems to have given them an extended life expectancy. The problem now seems to be that the international ring of 'financiers' is huge and it is quite simple to pass the club on to someone else to use for a while. That is why AA is quite 'confident' that a new owner will buy the club quite soon.

So basically the club is like one of those skinny trafficked Eastern European whores, drug-riddled on a couple of cup runs and passed around by their gangster pimps for (financial) favours to various shady business associates? Unfortunately they tend to 'disappear' once their usefulness ends, attractiveness fades or they make a nuisance of themselves.

Just why would Chanrai have a debenture from CSI? He has one on PFC 2011 or whatever the company is called for the asset of the ground. If CSI and newco. are not linked as per SLH and SFC why would he have the CSI debenture?

Probably because CSI agreed to pay by installments.

Oh and a requote from an IP last time round.

AA - well if it was football he worked in he'd have been fined and banned for bringing the game into disrepute. He REALLY is not a popular person in the industry

Anyone else thinking that it's a bit odd that Andronikou was able to speak so confidently live on Solent on Tuesday night regarding how Poopey were safe from a points deduction?

You would have thought that any IP instructed last Friday would still be assessing all the company information available (for all CSI subsidaries) before coming out and commenting on one specific element.

Makes you wonder if he's had the info for a few weeks doesn't it?

Anyone else thinking that it's a bit odd that Andronikou was able to speak so confidently live on Solent on Tuesday night regarding how Poopey were safe from a points deduction?

You would have thought that any IP instructed last Friday would still be assessing all the company information available (for all CSI subsidaries) before coming out and commenting on one specific element.

You believe his statement was based on evidence? His statement was based purely on what he needed to say to trying to keep pompey saleable for as long as possible, even if it means making statements he did not have the information to back up it up with.

Today's classic comment in the News from one of their many simpletons: 'another win Saturday would give us the best home form in the cc'. Now I don't know all the details about every team in the league, but I don't think it's possible to be any better than the team that has won 10 out of 10!

He's just a BS merchant. He said it before (in the Prem), but he thinks if he keps saying it, it is harder for the League to act. I read nothing into it either way.

Maybe he has undertaken some "protective lending" ie. stepped into Antonov's shoes and lent PFC (2010)Ltd a little more, in order to get his hands on more security, as he may have thought his loan to PFC (2010)Ltd was at risk. As somebody else said a couple of pages back, the new debenture could be classed as a preferential act, thus a risky policy to pursue. There will be a lot more to come out in all this I am sure.

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.

This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

heheheheheh.

Normal service about to be resumed (well, in 3 to 5 years)...

July 8th 2009. That's when this thread started, with the two posts above.

I thought it was worth taking a moment to contemplate just how long this has all been going on (and it was actually before that date, but that's when it started to tumble down).

Alps' comment is proving to be spot on, and actually in less than 3 years... by July 2012 we *could* be 2 divisions above them.

No proper takeover as yet, but we have overtaken.:)

and of course AA's main task is to look after the creditors and ensure they get the best deal possible....followed by looking at how directors have acted prior to his arrival.

He isn't a highly-paid puppet just smoothing the path for a loan shark to make millions.:o

And like the rest of football I ignored his comments about points, he was just launching the new Chanrai PR campaign with a view to selling.

But whatever he spins or convers up, there are some basic facts that will be hard to ignore, the missing millions throughout the Antonov empire.

And of course his 'client' isn't the club owner this time, technically, it's a man trying to get money back from Convers, and £10M of that may be in the club somewhere, while AA might also have to compete in European courts with governments wanting their money back.

In financial speak, tis a right old pickle that pompey are in this time.

You believe his statement was based on evidence? His statement was based purely on what he needed to say to trying to keep pompey saleable for as long as possible, even if it means making statements he did not have the information to back up it up with.

exaclty. This was just like an estate agent saying Portsdmouth is a desirable area to live in.

yeah it will be hilarious won't it , this "shlt" they have so called be dragged through leaves them 9 points off the play offs (they'll beat coventry saturday as well) with a well paid decent squad, and a good chance of beating us on the 18th, if we lose that day all of your giggling will look pathetic when they are laughing at YOU

Being more a follower of this thread than a contributor I can issue a cautionary word. The people on here only have to be right once, Portsmouth have to get away with it every time, what's the chances of that I wonder. The Lithuanian / Latvian governments could possibly prove more difficult to circumvent.

Jeez they still keep trying to compare their situation to ours.

130million vs 30mil

Payment in full to everyone except Aviva. But the real BOMBSHELL for the skates that keep trotting this rubbish out would be IF it could be shown that in fact Aviva had ALREADY offered to accept a stadium settlement BEFORE admin.

Again what those thick morons don't understand is that Aviva had a MORTGAGE on the stadium valued at 30mil. Some 18 mil or so HAD BEEN PAID BACK.

The mortgage was THEN REPAID EARLY.

You can tell all the morons live in Council houses they have no idea that you get a discount for early repayment of a Mortgage.

The ACTUAL loss to Aviva IF someone ever gets the accounts out will be shown to be around 2million. Something like 20% of what CSI spunked in 4 months on that cesspit

Within a couple of days of the Administration I spoke to Mark Fry and he quoted £15m negotiable approx including change for everything including buying the stadium.

Within a couple of days of the Administration I spoke to Mark Fry and he quoted £15m negotiable approx including change for everything including buying the stadium.

The price agreed (As per Mark Fry) was 13. something million. We then sold Surman, so whatever was deducted off the asking price for that, is what Marcus bought us for......going by the books the total investment as of the last set of accounts is around 24 million (including the purchse price). Then there is the 15 million for Chamberlain, throw in promotion this year and you get an idea as to why ML was a billionaire.

Compare that to antonov who reportedly paid 17 million for a club, with no infrastructure, no players, no ground and 120 million in debt and you get the idea as to why va is in the poo

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})