Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So then, no-one going to start bleating that it's a conspiracy that we've drawn a nice fat payday in our latest hour of need? No? I'm faintly disappointed. Could be a live one too for even more cash :toppa:

Will be very interesting to see where your little windfall ends up pfc123:rolleyes:

Forgot the cistern in the ladies toilets needs fixing first;)

I don't mean to be flippant towards you or your plucky little footer club

but whilst you are gloating about your windfall I wanted to highlight that it will only cover the refurbishment of the toilet block to bring them into this century........:)

Your windfall = £2-4 HUNDRED GRAND...YOU PUT YOUR OWN FIGURE THERE.:?

You owe = 180 million plus.= after extra cubicle in the ladies and Mr Clarke putting a couple of coats of paint in the mens bog....and allowing for water to come out of the taps after all these years we are left with....

You still owe 180 million plus...:scared:

So good luck with your gloating matey....:rolleyes:

Edited by ottery st mary

Will be very interesting to see where your little windfall ends up pfc123:rolleyes:

Forgot the cistern in the ladies toilets needs fixing first;)

I don't mean to be flippant towards you or your plucky little footer club

but whilst you are gloating about your windfall I wanted to highlight that it will only cover the refurbishment of the toilet block to bring them into this century........:)

Your windfall = £2-4 HUNDRED GRAND...YOU PUT YOUR OWN FIGURE THERE.:?

You owe = 180 million plus.= after extra cubicle in the ladies and Mr Clarke putting a couple of coats of paint in the mens bog....and allowing for water to come out of the taps after all these years we are left with....

You still owe 180 million plus...:scared:

So good luck with your gloating matey....:rolleyes:

You are right Danish Saint just updated:rolleyes:

In the communal bog:blush:

So then, no-one going to start bleating that it's a conspiracy that we've drawn a nice fat payday in our latest hour of need? No? I'm faintly disappointed. Could be a live one too for even more cash :toppa:

Yes Chelsea have a big stadium (well bigger than your cesspit - and the toilets work as well), and I think the cup gate is split between the clubs, however Chelsea also struggle to sell out their Champions League fixtures so will be interesting to see what the crowd will be - no doubt some of the glory hunters will scrape together to see plucky old Pompey one last time. Will it be enough to get you to the end of the season?... On it's own, the answer is no.

Not sure they will get FA Cup TV coverage. The Manc v Manc will be one. Any remaining non-league/lower league teams will get at least 1 if not 2 games. and there will probably only be 4 matches on TV so it's a question of what they pick for the remaining 1 or 2 games. Suspect Arsenal v Leeds will be more appealing to the TV companies over Chelsea v Pompey.

Yes Chelsea have a big stadium (well bigger than your cesspit - and the toilets work as well), and I think the cup gate is split between the clubs, however Chelsea also struggle to sell out their Champions League fixtures so will be interesting to see what the crowd will be - no doubt some of the glory hunters will scrape together to see plucky old Pompey one last time. Will it be enough to get you to the end of the season?... On it's own, the answer is no.

Income from FA Cup ties is split three ways; a third to the home team, a third to the away team and ad third to the FA. After expenses, of course. Not that big a payday, then.

big payday?:lol:

The massive moneyspinning Chelsea game should be enough to cover about ten days wages!

Or clear the small creditors and charities.

Though I suppose that amount is a vast improvement on the expected income, just a pity that the man at the helm, AA, has his own agenda now, and it isn't PFC's best interests.

His client is a man owed by Convers so he is looking to get money out of the club, not into it.

Again.

Can we get his autograph or are the likes of pfc and ho already in the queue?

I see the few, chanting storrie's name, backslapping the ice cream vendor, flicking the Vs a local services while desperately trying to convince themselves that they have more fans, and bester than anyone else - oh, and the league have it in for them, yeah...blah, blah, big postwar crowds, deluded this, imaginary dockstrike, deluded that, blah blah, 13K of free tickets at SMS, Lambert to sign for pompey, our owner worked for the nazis, blah blah, Saints are insolvent, ding ding, yet more delusion, then another pub myth about ancient history, yawn.:?

PMSL, you're sounding like a non-league club already!

1 game at Stamford Bridge is not a money spinning cup run.

Surely, if the Adminisntrators of CSI now own CSI's share in the football club, the FL should be approached to "approve" this change of ownership?

I really can't see how they could back such a move - AA screwed the creditors last time around and now the company he works for "owns" the club and is "administering" their previous owners?!

You really couldn't make this up!

:-D

Surely, if the Adminisntrators of CSI now own CSI's share in the football club, the FL should be approached to "approve" this change of ownership?

I really can't see how they could back such a move - AA screwed the creditors last time around and now the company he works for "owns" the club and is "administering" their previous owners?!

You really couldn't make this up!

:-D

So, AA takes OldCo through the administration process and, in effect, sells the club to himself!!!!! Is that legal?

So, AA takes OldCo through the administration process and, in effect, sells the club to himself!!!!! Is that legal?

If as admin he has to raise funds for the firm in admin, he has a duty to get the best price for that asset. By selling it to himself, not on the open market he could A. Not be getting the highest price. B. paying himself in preference to other creditors including employees

I doubt it is legal

Ironically the Skates best chance of a payday would have been an away fixture against us.

An interesting point that if the administrator is now the beneficial owner and calling the shots. That is pretty linked in my book.

For me, not knowing much about how scoundrels work, it seems simple.

Android is the front man for Chinny Chin Chin, who doesn't want to be seen to be involved.

This could be where it starts to unravel for them all.

The club may not come out of it well, if at all.

Back on the 23 Nov I posted a link to the company (Field Fisher Waterhouse) that advised CSI on the purchase

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1192337#post1192337

In the post was a link to the Field Fisher Waterhouse's Press Release http://www.ffw.com/press-releases/20...smouth-fc.aspx

However, that press release has now been removed from their site and you now get a 404 (Google seach "field fisher waterhouse portsmouth csi" shows there was a press release but it has been removed).

I wish I had copied the whole article and not just 2 paragraphs.

Here you go mate

Field Fisher Waterhouse advises on acquisition of Portsmouth Football Club

13 June 2011

Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP has advised Convers Sports Initiatives plc (Convers Sports), controlled by Russian businessman Vladimir Antonov, on its acquisition of Portsmouth Football Club. Convers Sports has bought the Fratton Park club for an undisclosed sum from Hong Kong businessman Balu Chainrai, his brother Deepak and Levi Kushnir.

Convers Sports manage the commercial development of a growing portfolio of sports teams, franchises and rights. The acquisition complements Convers Sports' growing portfolio of sporting brands, including the Russian Ferrari race team, the Spyker Squadron motorsports team and North One Sport, the global promoters of the World Rally Championship (WRC), the Isle of Man TT race series, the Velux 5 Oceans Race and Clipper Round the World sailing events.

Commenting on the acquisition, Vladimir Antonov said: "We ultimately selected Portsmouth Football Club because of its history, loyal fan base and its potential to return to the Premier League."

Corporate partner Christine Phillips led a team comprising members of the firm's cross-practice sports team including Patrick Cannon, head of Field Fisher Waterhouse's Sports Group, corporate associate Marianne Lasserre, banking partner Oliver Abel Smith, property associate Vicky Nunn, regulatory associate Daniel Geey and employment senior associate Neil Johnston. PKF (UK) LLP acted as financial advisers to the buyer. Walker Morris advised the seller.

Christine said: "We are pleased that our cross-practice sports team was able to assist Convers Sports with this strategically important transaction which should enable Portsmouth Football Club to put in place plans for the future."

Working as part of cross-practice teams, Field Fisher Waterhouse's 31-partner Corporate group regularly advise on deals in the sports sector. Earlier this year it advised Convers Sports on its acquisition of North One Sport as well as its investment in Powerplay Golf Holdings. Other sporting clients include Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and Sport England.

For further press information, please contact:

Louise Eckersley, PR Manager, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP on +44 (0)20 7861 4120

Amie Ryalls, PR Executive, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP on +44 (0)20 7861 4995

Surely they can beat Chelski reserves ?

They have a huge advantage as they won't be playing their reserves, know wot I mean ???

And, very possibly, not many from the current first team either. :lol: The transfer window opens on January 1, and the match is about a week later. I wonder how many players Chinny can offload next month, as he begins flogging off as much of Cheats FC as possible before finally tossing out the rotten corpse?

You have to admire Chinny's tricks in keeping the cesspit of a club on life support long enough before the final parachute payment is received. Getting some Russian crooks (allegedly) to keep it running for a while on filthy, stolen pension money was a masterstroke. And now back comes the android.

Who said this thread was dead? They must be having a laugh.

Ironically the Skates best chance of a payday would have been an away fixture against us.

An interesting point that if the administrator is now the beneficial owner and calling the shots. That is pretty linked in my book.

Not if we had made them pay for tickets upfront with a cleared payment

If as admin he has to raise funds for the firm in admin, he has a duty to get the best price for that asset. By selling it to himself, not on the open market he could A. Not be getting the highest price. B. paying himself in preference to other creditors including employees

I doubt it is legal

Therefore, if what is happening is illegal shouldn't 'we' (as upstanding citizens of this country) be reporting a possible crime to the police?

I thought it was also illegal not to report a crime to the police?

Come on, you taxmen!

December 3, 2011 //

There is much about modern football to make decent citizens nauseous, but high on the list must be the football creditor rule. This is only marginally more comprehensible than the offside rule, but it says, in essence, that if a club goes bust, everyone on the inside gets paid in full before anyone on the outside gets a penny.

You might think that such a rule would be well offside, but it has survived for decades, resisting all attempts to challenge it – partly because the outside creditors include small local suppliers and the St John Ambulance brigade, which lack either the resources or the determination to crack it. Now, finally, the taxman is trying to dribble his way through the Premier League’s defences.

The rule has always been unfair, but the awesome sums paid to the few at the top, and the fortunes so casually spent on trophy asset clubs by owners of doubtful pedigree make it grotesque. Today there is serious money at stake – especially PAYE and National Insurance - and the lost tax effectively amounts to a subsidy from the poor to the rich. As HMRC argues, this should be “unlawful and against public policy.”

However obvious this may seem, the League’s defence may prove hard to break down. When what is delicately described as an “insolvency event” occurs, the money hose from media rights and sponsorship is immediately diverted away from the club to the football creditors. This underwrites the unedifying spectacle of the hugely-rewarded players and managers getting paid in full while small suppliers may get a few pennies in the pound.

The League argues that without the rule, its fixture list could be disrupted by a bankruptcy. The answer to that, surely, is insurance. The owners of the clubs would have to pay the premiums, at levels reflecting the financial discipline of each. Those which do not currently understand the meaning of that phrase would get an expensive education.

The case kicked off in the High Court this week and is expected to run for a fortnight. Come on, you taxmen!

Ummm! who could he be referring to

tony_husband2_normal.jpg @TonyHusbandTV Tony Husband

#pompey also outlined that UHY Hacker Young own CSI's share in club. So #pompey not in administration but ultimately owned by administrators

How did they get away with this and keep it under the radar?

Think Partridge must have got this wrong, just doesn't sound right.

I can see your point ASIS but since when has anything, skatewise, sounded right?

We've become immune to the fact that anything skate could be above board and legal. It's going to be interesting and that's no doubt.

Blimey, there's not a dry seat in the house on this thread is there. Bless all your excited little hearts. It's like watching kids on Xmas Eve, all so hyped up waiting for Santa to bring them just what their little hearts desire on Xmas morning. Sorry I haven't been on for a few days but it's a very busy time at work.

So, can we just confirm what the "nothing will happen to them because they're protectd by an international conspiracy that goes right up to Blatter/ UEFA/ Gordon Brown" crew think now? Are we still "protected"?

Also, do you still maintain that Antonov bought Pompey for money laundering purposes because if, as alleged, he took £250m (and counting) out of Snoras I really can't see why he'd need PFC for that sort of activity

And finally, has anyone pointed out to Dubya how much Antonov has allegedly spent on PFC so far as it's 30% more than his incredible investigative talents have led him to confidently predict.

Busy at work Corps ? never stopped you spouting daily sh@te on here in the past,do you still honestly believe Antonov had Pomskis sole interest at heart?.

Blimey, there's not a dry seat in the house on this thread is there. Bless all your excited little hearts. It's like watching kids on Xmas Eve, all so hyped up waiting for Santa to bring them just what their little hearts desire on Xmas morning. Sorry I haven't been on for a few days but it's a very busy time at work.

So, can we just confirm what the "nothing will happen to them because they're protectd by an international conspiracy that goes right up to Blatter/ UEFA/ Gordon Brown" crew think now? Are we still "protected"?

Also, do you still maintain that Antonov bought Pompey for money laundering purposes because if, as alleged, he took £250m (and counting) out of Snoras I really can't see why he'd need PFC for that sort of activity

And finally, has anyone pointed out to Dubya how much Antonov has allegedly spent on PFC so far as it's 30% more than his incredible investigative talents have led him to confidently predict.

You are right Ho, I am having the time of my life... sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure im not in a dream! And I just cant stop PMSL at that shower of ****e down the road, absolutely soaking. I anticipate I will need sling a pair of pampers for the next hilarious event down at Nottarf.

Are you enjoying this as much as I am Corporate?

Antonov bought Pompey as part of his money laundering scam yes, that is quite clear for all to see. It gave him a public profile, made him some friends on facebook and gave him the ability to load some debt (through stolen funds = laundering) onto a UK based cash cow.

You dont seem to be giving the russian mafia a glowing reference anymore corp, you used to trumpet that they were respectable when we claimed they were criminals...

Are you looking forward to Chainrai riding back into town? Through the guise of AA, get in line for his signature Corp - theres only a few weeks cash left according to the financial wizzard!

I love this on wiki:

In 2010, Balram Chainrai loaned former owner Ali al-Faraj £17 million, despite never meeting him[2], through British Virgin Island registered company Portpin, secured through collateral on Fratton Park grounds and the club itself.

_1590947_moneylaundering300+%25281%2529.jpg

money-laundering-breaking-bad-drugs-meth-money-laundering-demotivational-poster-1265373995.jpg

654104-7913339-317-238.jpg

You really are a vey irritating person, aren't you? Do you deliberately fail to see the bigger picture in your cheese-paring, nit-picking little world, or does it pass you by as you try to find tiny details to score points on. We may have got some small details wrong, but we nailed Antonov as a dodgy chancer on day one and we are vindicated.

As far as your absence from this site is concerned, I have two theories - either that you have needed a week or two to trawl through all the posts to find some irrelevant little thing to pick up on, or work is very busy at the moment, being Santa's little elf helper in the Portsea Primark.

Decided to do my bit for the Bucket Collection.

I've printed off a copy of the header page of this thread and will go stalk my golfing buddies at DWC over the next few days and see if I can get Rory et al to autograph it.

We can then auction it to Hamster and the proceeds should buy a new tap washer for them.

Will of course try for pics of them with it as well but that may push their sense of humour too far, can't have Luke & Rory pulling out because they split their sides PMSL'ing

Decided to do my bit for the Bucket Collection.

I've printed off a copy of the header page of this thread and will go stalk my golfing buddies at DWC over the next few days and see if I can get Rory et al to autograph it.

We can then auction it to Hamster and the proceeds should buy a new tap washer for them.

Will of course try for pics of them with it as well but that may push their sense of humour too far, can't have Luke & Rory pulling out because they split their sides PMSL'ing

After Hong Kong I am sure Rory will be happy to "chip in"

I'm confused. So the administrators now own the csi shares in Pompey? How does that work?

We only have one quote I believe that that is the case and its possible that was either misheard or what was read into the quote in terms of the admins owning the company is not what the person giving the quote actually meant. I don't think we should assume it is the case until other evidence supporting that claim arises. As other's have said owning the club would mean they would have to pass the FAPPT.

So then, no-one going to start bleating that it's a conspiracy that we've drawn a nice fat payday in our latest hour of need? No? I'm faintly disappointed. Could be a live one too for even more cash

As soon as Chelsea came up I was hoping you lot would be following and I was pretty happy for it to happen. Drawing Chelsea away is odds on to be your last game in the FA cup and being the 3rd round its not going to get much interest so blagging a bit of extra cash from a little cup run is not going to happen and puts your club another step closer to failing completly.

Cant see many Chelsea fans rushing to get tickets for it and if 90% of your fans dont fancy the thought of turning up to see you get turned over by the likes of Watford and Forrest I really doubt many are going to want to see them getting ruined by Chelsea either. So gate reciepts are going to be pretty low. In fact I think the only draw that would of been a decent earner for you would of been against us.

With a bit of luck this will all end quickly for you and someone will get off their arse and start an AFC pompey that can actually try to earn some pride and even some support from the whole footballing community in the south.

tony_husband2_normal.jpg @TonyHusbandTV Tony Husband

#pompey also outlined that UHY Hacker Young own CSI's share in club. So #pompey not in administration but ultimately owned by administrators

How did they get away with this and keep it under the radar?

So I presume they have are will go through the new "owners and directors" test (replacement of FaPPT) the FL have?

Roughly translated;

"I was wrong, The Russians were chancers after all, we are still screwed and are probably about to pop out of that toaster you lot have been trying to tell me about. I am sorry for all the BS I have spouted on here and in future will try to have a bit of ballance in the tripe I give.

Ho ho ho,

Merry Xmas"

If Carsberg did appologies lol

Antonov bought Pompey as part of his money laundering scam yes, that is quite clear for all to see. It gave him a public profile, made him some friends on facebook and gave him the ability to load some debt (through stolen funds = laundering) onto a UK based cash cow.

You really are a vey irritating person, aren't you? Do you deliberately fail to see the bigger picture in your cheese-paring, nit-picking little world, or does it pass you by as you try to find tiny details to score points on. We may have got some small details wrong, but we nailed Antonov as a dodgy chancer on day one and we are vindicated.

As far as your absence from this site is concerned, I have two theories - either that you have needed a week or two to trawl through all the posts to find some irrelevant little thing to pick up on, or work is very busy at the moment, being Santa's little elf helper in the Portsea Primark.

Roughly translated;

"I was wrong, The Russians were chancers after all, we are still screwed and are probably about to pop out of that toaster you lot have been trying to tell me about. I am sorry for all the BS I have spouted on here and in future will try to have a bit of ballance in the tripe I give.

Ho ho ho,

Merry Xmas"

If Carsberg did appologies lol

Every single time Corp has had a chance to admit he was wrong, show even the slightly hint of intelligence or insight and contribute, he's fcked it up and dug deeper into the narrow-minded moron hole. For shame.

QUOTE=holepuncture;1203072]Antonov bought Pompey as part of his money laundering scam yes, that is quite clear for all to see. It gave him a public profile, made him some friends on facebook and gave him the ability to load some debt (through stolen funds = laundering) onto a UK based cash cow.

You dont seem to be giving the russian mafia a glowing reference anymore corp, you used to trumpet that they were respectable when we claimed they were criminals...

So, someone looking to launder money would want to be high profile in the UK and would buy a clun=b with more focus on it from the football authorities than any other. That makes sense. I've never given them a glowing reference, just said Antonov had never been found guilty of anything. Might change now of course, but it might not. Odds pretty high against him though you'd have to say.

Does anyone else wonder about Holepuncture's tirades. do you think he was bullied by a Pompey fan at school and this is his way of getting back at us?

Well, Pompey fans had the Rumafia.com information months before you did and were already in dialogue with journalists like Jamie Jackson & David Conn way before you were (did you like Conn's "thank you to Pompey fans" after you were all back slapping on here that you'd passed the info on to him?) "You may have got some small details wrong"? You lot have got so much more wrong than you've got right in this ridiculous Moby **** of a thread. You constantly big yourselves up on it only to find Pompey fans are often monhs ahead of you, not to mention the amount you've got wrong (HMRC wouldn't take it to court if they didn't know they were going to win, the ridiculous conspiracy theories) not to mention the fact that you've even missed the involvement of some of the key slime balls like Shelley Narkis in the whole sad story.

Every single time Corp has had a chance to admit he was wrong, show even the slightly hint of intelligence or insight and contribute, he's fcked it up and dug deeper into the narrow-minded moron hole. For shame.

As usual Mr "I fail to acknowledge that result" (LOL) proves that he doesn't even read what I write. My whole stance on CSI buying ompey has been that as I said above, unlike most on here I just don't see why they'd buy the club as a money laundering vehicle whn they own so many other businesses they could have done it through. You're the ones who ar so blinkered you won't even look beyond your one track explanation.

Now, what about Dubya' £8m budget. Anyone care to comment on that little fact that one of you got wrong (another one)

It could be "own" as in have responsibility for, and have the authority to sell it to interested parties to raise proceeds for CSI, as opposed to that UHY are actually the owners of Pompey - which would seem mad!

the russian mafias administrators are going to run/pimp the skates on behalf of Chinny, he will grant AA power of authority to whore the cesspit out to any crooks looking to clean a bit of cash...

So AA will be the smiling public face of chinny and chinny will tick the club over and through the january sales, where hopefully he will be able to flog a couple of players and trouser some cash...

in a roundabout way we might be getting somewhere with the skates here... if chinny is going to asset strip whatever he possibly can (not many assets), we may finally see the club playing the kids in a bid towards solvent trading... of course I dont hold high hopes but you never know!

The next few weeks and months are going to be fantastic and I 4-1 cannot wait.

Some interesting skate articles, judging by the titles and typos it would appear our magnificent thread is having an effect on them:

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264584

Toast Season 5 #17 - win helps hide the worries

One point I did make at the meeting was that the Football League are not necessarily to blame for their errors on the 'Fit and Proper Person test` because I believe they are not the correct body to carry it out. These tests should be carried out by a body such as the Financial Standards Authority, a major accounting company or one of the credit rating agencies such as Standard and Poors.

That is a real facepalm moment, from there bleeding 'supporters conference' FFS... the FSA had already publically stated Antonov was bent, they defended that position for years and years, from back in 2006 I believe! PMSL, you could have just asked us you deluded fool - dont turn on the crocadile tears and pretend you didnt see it coming, it was patently clear for all to see.

This one is good too, my favourite bit is the missing attendence figures at the top of the article:

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchrep.asp?a=264623

Pompey gloss over some cracks

Appleton had his first win and Pompey moved a little further up the table and dumped Coventry to the bottom, all after Doncaster defied the odds from the bottom by beating top of the table Voldermort.

Glad to see the nickname is spreading to the pompey few!

Not sure what to make of this daily mail article, but it is good that the national rags are highlighting pompeys criminal overspending this summer:

http://flblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/12/pompeys-peril-this-positively-reeks-of-deja-vu.html

Classic Corp Ho, focuses in a few snippets that he can prove wrong (at least in his own confused brain) and ignores the big picture. Your obsession with DubaiPhil and the budget is pathetic. I couldn't care less what the exact argument is regarding budgets and I don't care if he's wrong, it is irrelevant. Whenever Corp is massively wrong (often) his only comeback is "I was just reporting rumours, I didn't believe it myself". Priceless idiocy.

Anyway, let's all have another laugh at Corp:

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC
lol

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

lol

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

like that ever happened.

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City)

Edu - Valencia (Loan)

Manuel Fernandes - Valencia (£6m)

Gary O'Neil - Boro (£4.5m)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (£7m)

Mirel Radio - Steaua Bucharest (£4.5m)

Ronald Zubar - Marseille (£6m)

Aruna Dindane - Lens (£6m)

Blaise Matuidi - St Etienne (£8m)

Well you got Dindane in the end, lolz all round

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

think you should sack your source.

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

bless

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

mega lolz

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

words fail me

There were several groups/ individuals who have been looking at buying Pompey. The German group were one of them, as dear old Nick Nack confirmed he'd heard. The Arab group that were going to buy Charlton were also interested but dropped out when Gaydamak wanted a company he has interests in to be given the building contract for the new stadium. There was also a group backed by money from the Rausing family (owners of the Tetrapak, richest family in Britain I believe) and a couple of others. However, I've been told that a deal ha now been done and will be announced within a couple of weeks.

it keeps on coming

If the buyers are from the four groups I was told about I don't think spending £130m on a stadium will make much of a dent in their finances.

keep dreaming

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

so which non-existent group were leading the non-existent pack? The scandinavian Al-Faraj?

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

go on, you may as well spill the beans now?

Good to see what Stuey said - that mega rich investors wouldn't be lining up to buy Pompey - coming true isn't it? He's a genius that Stuey

Maybe Stuey was right in the end eh?

key slime balls like Shelley Narkis

interesting, so you also had the 'king of the black market' involved with your cesspit... well done. I do recall this name during the Al Mirage hilarity, however looking at his profile I suspect he had some money flushing through the club and that was why Azougy was touring the country pimping your players out...

who do you think he loaned money to, Gadymack or Mirage/Chinny? He has history of fireboming cars and sending gangs on motorbikes yeilding semi automatics so it is no surprise that he got involved with the pompey project.

Corp, how you keep bleating about pompey being 'closely watched' by the authorities so the russian mafia wouldnt buy it to launder money, whilst the list of grey market lenders, debt collectors and loan sharks continues to flourish - is beyond me.

All this to pay Sol Cambell and TBH? PMSL

as for being bullied by a skate, dont be so ridiculous! I have pushed a skate mate to the point where he dosent talk about his club at all anymore. He is so ashamed he has given up on the stained entity - fair play to him...

Oh, and Happy Birthday Voldermort!

voldemort1.jpg

Not sure what to make of this daily mail article, but it is good that the national rags are highlighting pompeys criminal overspending this summer:

http://flblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/12/pompeys-peril-this-positively-reeks-of-deja-vu.html

Pompey's peril: This positively reeks of deja vu

When Portsmouth splashed out nearly £3million on Jason Pearce, Luke Varney and Erik Huseklepp this summer, I must admit, I was surprised.

Having overspent nearly to the point of extinction in the past, it seemed bizarre that the club would herald their exit from administration with a spending spree.

Sure, they needed players, but where other clubs exiting administration have made the most of the free transfer and the loan market, at least for a while, Pompey, under the ownership of Convers Sports Initatives and chaired by Lithuanian Vladimir Antonov, went straight back to their old ways.

No one is saying I told you so yet, in fact, all Football League fans are hoping that the administration of Convers has little or no effect on the south coast club - but this positively reeks of deja vu. [Edit: Erm...anyone beg to differ?!]

But the immediate response to Antonov's resignation as chairman - less than six months after he took over the club - was a promising one.

As has happened so often in the past at this hugely unfortunate club [Edit: Erm...ditto?!] , they responded as they only know how to, with a battling performance on the pitch.

Saturday's 2-1 win over Coventry marked new manager Michael Appleton's first win in charge of the club, and although they sit just three points above the drop zone, the league is so tight this year and Pompey's squad talented enough that a play-off push is not out of the question. Were they to be deducted 10 points though, it would be.

Whatever happens now, Appleton has a huge job on his hands. Even if this were to all blow over - and let's hope it does - the speculation is going to be hard to ignore for the manager, the players and fans. But if anyone knows how to concentrate on the day job, then it's Pompey.

It would appear to all of those looking from the outside in that the club's administrator Andrew Andronikou did a botched job of deciding to sell to Antonov and Co.

But fear not Pompey fans, he has some words of advice for you...'What the club need now is someone to come in with the necessary resources to take the club forward,' Andronikou said last week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Andrew, but weren't you saying that last year?

:facepalm:

Comment on that article here: http://flblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/12/pompeys-peril-this-positively-reeks-of-deja-vu.html#comments

Edited by trousers

that article is pretty funny considering all thats gone on.

Didnt the league recently vote or something on clubs going into admin twice within 3 years? Was that just talk or did something actually get agreed? Also if the league decide to knock off 10 points this season, when is the magic date of taking the points this season or next? Could this all drag on long enough for the league to decide after that date? 3 points away from the relegation places sounds like any - 10 would either relegate them or start them next season with -10. Probably wishful thinking but the whole coulndt get any worse approach could in fact get allot worse.

Who on earth suggested this thread was dead? lol

A little gem from a Poopey fan on Twitter regarding AA...

'Is Mr andronIkou a "FIT AND PROPER " administrator Or is he working for those who must not be named down the road'

christ that guy has given them more lives than cats get at xmas! Why the hell would we want him bailing them out?

He has provided us with a number of laughs though. :D

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})