Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just noticed on Twitter someone has set up a petition supporting a Pompey points deduction... worth a sign :lol:

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/pompey-fc-should-have-points-deducted-by-the-fa/3981

I have penned my signature with glowing pride, another step towards justice to the footballing world, the UK taxpayer and the Lithuanian and Latvian public.

‘And we have been made aware we will be paid for this month, so that’s a bonus.'

he must be delighted to know his second pay cheque will make it through before the inevitable...

http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=264341

300k for 'agents services' !

Must make Terry the Builder and the kids cancer charities feel ever so proud of the humanitarian spirit that pervades the Skate arena, eh ??

Ps. Excludes VAT, but hey, who cares about minor detail !

Disgusting that they have fobbed off the childrens cancer charities for so long, it really is a symbol for the moral code that they follow... I would be appalled if Saints behaved like this, and even more appalled if Saints fans just shoved their heads in the sand in the manner that all the skates have been doing so for years - they really have no shame do they...

You look at Luton, Bompey, Plymouth, Stockport and so on, then look at the way the skates have behaved throughout this disgraceful affair, and people question why they should be liquidated out of sight never to be spoken of again?

They need to be culled for the good of the game, the sooner the better... at least they can claim credit for being the catalyst for change, they can sing it with pride down at Moneyfields, and I will for once say 'fair play'

The price agreed (As per Mark Fry) was 13. something million. We then sold Surman, so whatever was deducted off the asking price for that, is what Marcus bought us for......going by the books the total investment as of the last set of accounts is around 24 million (including the purchse price). Then there is the 15 million for Chamberlain, throw in promotion this year and you get an idea as to why ML was a billionaire.

Compare that to antonov who reportedly paid 17 million for a club, with no infrastructure, no players, no ground and 120 million in debt and you get the idea as to why va is in the poo

The thing is, with a club in the state Portsmouth is, there surely can be no sensible, rational, legal, reason to buy it. Whilst I would not of course to want to cast aspersions on any individuals associated with this situation, past or present, personally I can see no reason to buy Portsmouth FC unless I had say £100 million of funny money that I needed to launder. To spend £100 million on a football club and get back say £50 million a year or two later, makes no sense in the normal world, but if that £50 millon is then 'clean' and spendable, it is worth more to said individual than £100 million in dirty money.

Unless there is some nutty, rich, genuine portsmouth fan out there, who else but a crook would want to buy them now?

Edited by Ken Tone
missing word!

The thing is, with a club in the state Portsmouth is, there surely can be no sensible, rational, legal, reason to buy it. Whilst I would not of course to want to cast aspersions on any individuals associated with this situation, past or present, personally I can see no reason to buy Portsmouth FC unless I had say £100 million of funny money that I needed to launder. To spend £100 million on a football club and get back say £50 million a year or two later, makes no sense in the normal world, but if that £50 millon is then 'clean' and spendable, it is worth more to said individual than £100 million in dirty money.

Unless there is some nutty, rich, genuine portsmouth fan out there, who else but a crook would want to buy them now?

And that is why they should be nervous. Let's not kid ourselves that Marcus fell in love us based on our plight and the fact he could save us. For a cash rich billionaire, it was an attractive proposition, that will deliver somewhere above a five times return, when the family sells us as a Premiership club.

I suspect that chinny will takeover the club, run it on a showstring until the parachute money drys up or he has got his money back (Could be 7 million up on the deal if csi gave him the first upfront payment) and then flog it on. However if fratton park is worth more to him as a development project, then they should on the phone to moneyfields ASAP.

Just why would Chanrai have a debenture from CSI? He has one on PFC 2011 or whatever the company is called for the asset of the ground. If CSI and newco. are not linked as per SLH and SFC why would he have the CSI debenture?

Probably because CSI agreed to pay by installments.

Oh and a requote from an IP last time round.

AA - well if it was football he worked in he'd have been fined and banned for bringing the game into disrepute. He REALLY is not a popular person in the industry

Maybe he has undertaken some "protective lending" ie. stepped into Antonov's shoes and lent PFC (2010)Ltd a little more, in order to get his hands on more security, as he may have thought his loan to PFC (2010)Ltd was at risk. As somebody else said a couple of pages back, the new debenture could be classed as a preferential act, thus a risky policy to pursue. There will be a lot more to come out in all this I am sure.

But why would CSI pay the instalments not NewCo (PFC2010 Ltd)? Surely the operating company would pay the costs, unless CSI are recharging PFC2010 Ltd at a premium. If CSI are (were) paying the instalments does that mean they are linked for the purposes of the Football League test? As usual more questions than answers

you have to chuckle at Vince Clarke going on about 'the best fans in the country'.....he's already taken on board the quality over quantity idea.

Though he may be disappointed when he looks close up at what passes for 'quality' down that way*.

Or he's just offering blatant spin in the face of facts, as AA, Lampitt, Cotterill, Storrie, Grant etc etc already have.

I liked that pundit quote the other night about the bestest still packing out fratton week in week out. :o

These deluded people reckon that if they say something enough times it becomes true - it's a mental illness that should generate sympathy, so you lot should be ashamed at mocking them...

*Kitson, Lawrence, Halford etc.

Get a load of this!

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/home/Championship-Trophy-Visits-Fratton-Park-2867.aspx

The Championship trophy is at Fratton Park tomorrow. The last time silverware will ever feature there, undoubtedly.

Lol.

Loving this bit

The npower Football League trailer will be in the main car park, giving supporters the chance to:

· Meet and chat with a player from 2pm

· Have their picture taken with the famous npower Championship trophy

· Join in the draw to win one of 10 smartphones

So, should be one phone each for all the supporters and still three left over for Voldermort and the gang :)

To be fair, that's not the only silverware they've got.

...Unless they replaced the cutlery with plastic knives and forks.

Fingers and thumbs, surely? It's why chicken nuggets were invented.

Guy from Pompey in the Emergency Room with his face all covered with nasty little cuts. Doc says: "How did you get these? Did somebody attack you with a razor?"

"No," he replies, "I've been learning to eat with a knife and fork."

It's late at night and the Skates chairman (I can't remember his name, there have been so many) gets a phonecall.

He answers, and it's Hampshire Fire and Rescue. "There's a fire at Fratton Park!" the chairman is told.

"THE CUPS! ARE THE CUPS OKAY?" The chairman asks. "Er... Yes they're fine" replies the Fire Chief... "The fire hasn't spread to the kitchen yet".

It's late at night and the Skates chairman (I can't remember his name, there have been so many) gets a phonecall.

He answers, and it's Hampshire Fire and Rescue. "There's a fire at Fratton Park!" the chairman is told.

"THE CUPS! ARE THE CUPS OKAY?" The chairman asks. "Er... Yes they're fine" replies the Fire Chief... "The fire hasn't spread to the kitchen yet".

Don't think they've got one - he resigned last week. :D

Back on the 23 Nov I posted a link to the company (Field Fisher Waterhouse) that advised CSI on the purchase

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1192337#post1192337

In the post was a link to the Field Fisher Waterhouse's Press Release http://www.ffw.com/press-releases/20...smouth-fc.aspx

However, that press release has now been removed from their site and you now get a 404 (Google seach "field fisher waterhouse portsmouth csi" shows there was a press release but it has been removed).

I wish I had copied the whole article and not just 2 paragraphs.

Back on the 23 Nov I posted a link to the company (Field Fisher Waterhouse) that advised CSI on the purchase

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=1192337#post1192337

In the post was a link to the Field Fisher Waterhouse's Press Release http://www.ffw.com/press-releases/20...smouth-fc.aspx

However, that press release has now been removed from their site and you now get a 404 (Google seach "field fisher waterhouse portsmouth csi" shows there was a press release but it has been removed).

I wish I had copied the whole article and not just 2 paragraphs.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3HNx-8wDtoUJ:www.ffw.com/press-releases/2011/jun/acquisition-of-portsmouth-fc.aspx+http://www.ffw.com/press-releases/2011/jun/acquisition-of-portsmouth-fc.aspx&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

"Harry Redknapp thinks the Football Association should wait until the end of the season before approaching anyone to be the next England manager." BBC Sport reports.

Now why would that be Harry? Reckon your court case will be over by then and you will be a free man? If they were to choose now I guess they would have to over look you in case the the verdict goes against you and you have time to do? Yes, best wait eh?

"We ultimately selected Portsmouth Football Club because of its History (of financial impropriety) Loyal Fan base ( 14k ish this includes TCWTB and the Drummer Boy) and its potential return to the Premier league ( by which time we will be long gone)".You really could not make this up, was this a case of buyer beware or beware the seller.

Just why would Chanrai have a debenture from CSI? He has one on PFC 2011 or whatever the company is called for the asset of the ground. If CSI and newco. are not linked as per SLH and SFC why would he have the CSI debenture?
Thinking about this, my guess is that he has actually given up any hope of getting any of his money back from PCFC2010 and thinks he is more likely from one of CSI's more saleable assets, like their yachting and motor racing interests.

you have to chuckle at Vince Clarke going on about 'the best fans in the country'.....he's already taken on board the quality over quantity idea.

Though he may be disappointed when he looks close up at what passes for 'quality' down that way*.

Or he's just offering blatant spin in the face of facts, as AA, Lampitt, Cotterill, Storrie, Grant etc etc already have.

I liked that pundit quote the other night about the bestest still packing out fratton week in week out. :o

These deluded people reckon that if they say something enough times it becomes true - it's a mental illness that should generate sympathy, so you lot should be ashamed at mocking them...

*Kitson, Lawrence, Halford etc.

Funny how mental illness works isn't it? I mean the whole football world knows what a passionate bunch we are. Even Ronaldhino said the atmosphere was the best he'd ever known after the AC Milan game at FP. Thierry henry was another who marvelled at the atmosphere. Mark lawrenson during the commentary of that 5-1 stuffing by Arsenal said he'd never heard a home team singing an opponents name in praise at his sheer class before.

But no, all of football, the press and other teams fans are wrong and you are right arent you?

The fact is that no-one EVER talks about you lot in the same terms and it eats you up doesn't it? THATS mental illness for you. The greenest of green envy....

Funny how mental illness works isn't it? I mean the whole football world knows what a passionate bunch we are. Even Ronaldhino said the atmosphere was the best he'd ever known after the AC Milan game at FP. Thierry henry was another who marvelled at the atmosphere. Mark lawrenson during the commentary of that 5-1 stuffing by Arsenal said he'd never heard a home team singing an opponents name in praise at his sheer class before.

But no, all of football, the press and other teams fans are wrong and you are right arent you?

The fact is that no-one EVER talks about you lot in the same terms and it eats you up doesn't it? THATS mental illness for you. The greenest of green envy....

All three of you. The best and the least.

All well and good PFC123, but where are they all now that things aren't quite so rosy and FP isn't playing host to the superest dooperest glamour teams and players any more? Being a good 'supporter' means sticking with your team through thick and thin.

No Mental illness is far worse. It is when you are deluded. It is when you have very few when you think there are many. It is when you are paranoid and envious of your neighbours.It is when you think that each owner is a saviour when they are unsavoury. It is when you continue to hope that things will get better but only get worse. It is when you win something that has been paid for by money you did not have. It is when you are blind to justice but scream you are idignantly right. We are not green with envy. We are are superior in team ,support,infrastucture and current league status.

I am your humble superior

Even the skates on pompeyonline have been moaning that their atmosphere has been rubbish for the last few years. Fairweather fans.

Football League meet next week to discuss points deduction.

I think it unlikely they will make a decision at that time. Portsmouth are able to operate as a separate entity with sufficient cash until the end of the year so they are solvent. Saints position was different as they, as far as I am aware, did not have any cash to act outside of the parent business in Administration.

The decision will likely be deferred until the turn of the year but with requests to see the books in the meantime to determine the "going concern" situation.

That is my opinion.

The problem with them is that I cannot see a buyer coming forward in time so a new year point deduction looks on the cards.

I have many good honest friends who are season ticket holders so I would not like to see them go out of business. Would I like them a few divisions below us? You bet I would.

All well and good PFC123, but where are they all now that things aren't quite so rosy and FP isn't playing host to the superest dooperest glamour teams and players any more? Being a good 'supporter' means sticking with your team through thick and thin.

AFCB fan base increased by 500% last season while they were flying - all the local Man united and Liverpool 'glory fans' find it easier to support the local club when things are going well. Now AFCB are s4it again they return to being armchair 'massive' Man U fans!

same happened at skates few years back - now only genuine fans left

No Mental illness is far worse. It is when you are deluded. It is when you have very few when you think there are many. It is when you are paranoid and envious of your neighbours.It is when you think that each owner is a saviour when they are unsavoury. It is when you continue to hope that things will get better but only get worse. It is when you win something that has been paid for by money you did not have. It is when you are blind to justice but scream you are idignantly right. We are not green with envy. We are are superior in team ,support,infrastucture and current league status.

I am your humble superior

Beautifully put!

You keep clinging to singing Henry's name, it's all you have.

Possibly the worst trolling attempt in the history of the innernetz :)

You're proclaiming that ALL your 'loyal' fans singing the opposition's name gives you the moral high ground, in a match where your own pitiful team was so blatantly outclassed, ROFLMFAO!

And as for Ronaldhino, he was saying good things at the time because he was just about to sign for Pompey wasn't he? The Corpse said it so it must be true!

I think I'd be more worried about the fans that were singing Storrie's name and lining up to get the autograph of your administrator. Possibly far greater signs of mental illness.

Must try harder with your trolling PFC, I give you half out of ten for your current attempt.

I think it unlikely they will make a decision at that time. Portsmouth are able to operate as a separate entity with sufficient cash until the end of the year so they are solvent. Saints position was different as they, as far as I am aware, did not have any cash to act outside of the parent business in Administration.

The decision will likely be deferred until the turn of the year but with requests to see the books in the meantime to determine the "going concern" situation.

That is my opinion.

The problem with them is that I cannot see a buyer coming forward in time so a new year point deduction looks on the cards.

I have many good honest friends who are season ticket holders so I would not like to see them go out of business. Would I like them a few divisions below us? You bet I would.

Agree it's unlikely, but according to the FL's own rules, they have suffered an "insolvency event", so they can still act if they wish. And burning through what little cash they have left isn't a great indication of long term solvency...

You lot ass-kissing Henry was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Clapping away like a bunch of mongs while your team was getting ripped a new ass-hole. The fans of any decent club would have been gutted.

I suppose it's a bit of a novelty for a club like Portsmouth to be playing Arsenal, fans of clubs like Saints have grown up watching top players week in week out.

Edited by aintforever

Possibly the worst trolling attempt in the history of the innernetz :)

Must try harder with your trolling PFC, I give you half out of ten for your current attempt.

But fair dos to the guy - he does at least turn up on this board. There has been no sign of Corp Ho for the last 2 weeks. I wonder why??

What is the point in having a pet Skate if he doesn't turn up???

Edited by Tamesaint

You lot ass-kissing Henry was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Clapping away like a bunch of mongs while your team was getting ripped a new ass-hole. The fans of any decent club would have been gutted.

I suppose it's a bit of a novelty for a club like Portsmouth to be playing Arsenal, fans of clubs like Saints have grown up watching top players week in week out.

Also, this was back in 2004. Talk about hanging on to the past.

That is my opinion.

The other question they may need to consider is that I believe clubs have to put up some surety or something to guarantee that they can complete the season?

If, as someone mentioned earlier, this may have been provided by Snoras then one assumes that they would have to get a replacement from another source PDQ?

Mark lawrenson during the commentary of that 5-1 stuffing by Arsenal said he'd never heard a home team singing an opponents name in praise at his sheer class before..

Where are those fans now? oh that's right, back in their armchair, back watching Soccer Saturday and, oh yeah, back in their Arsenal tops......bestest fans.....

Mark lawrenson during the commentary of that 5-1 stuffing by Arsenal said he'd never heard a home team singing an opponents name in praise at his sheer class before.

All that proves is how many Arsenal fans you have.

Bestest fans? - Mr Westwood and cronies

Those who wanted a knighthood for Mr Redknapp

Those who wanted some sort of formal recognition for Mr Storrie

Those fans who draped a banner over a pedestrian bridge in Portsmouth welcoming a 'well heeled' Arab owner

Those fans who were running around outside of Fratton Park trying to get said owners autograph

Those fans who rioted in their own city after a home derby win

And those fans who were unable to respect a minutes silence to honour one of the games longest serving managers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})