West Ham

SOTONS EAST SIDE

We are playing them next season. They could be a big threat! Thoughts! ;)

They have a lot of work to do before they will be considered a "big threat".

They are £100m in debt, will likely be sacking their manager and looking for a new one, will be selling a large number of their best players and rebuilding a team from scratch in the summer.

Grant will be gone then - he's so over-rated. Massive clear-out because of the stupid wages. How much of a threat they are will depend on how quickly they change things this summer. They'll still be a threat to go straight back up if they get the right manager in.

They have vast debts and a gaping hole in their finances. They had already borrowed against several years' worth of future ticket income some time back, so I doubt they're in a particularly sound position now, and their ticket income is now likely to fall. I reckon they'll lose their best players and struggle to replace them, parachute payments notwithstanding. The only bright spot for them is that they'll get rid of Avram Grant.

Avram Grant's on a hat-trick!!

if they are right on 606.... grant is in line to be DoF at chelsea..

hahahaha

they can wave bye bye to...

green

upson

parker

cole

hitzelsperger

ba

as well as losing their loan players

still, im sure they will find a way to be competitive next year though

Edited by Thedelldays

Would like to see Avram Grant here. He could take us further than Adkins.

I totally agree, unfortunately though he would be taking us in the wrong direction. He is a manager who has managed to now go backwards for not one, but two seasons.

Reckon they're more likely to be battling a second relegation than bouncing back.

On a related note, I notice Poyet is favourite to replace Grant :lol:

why would "gus" leave..?

brighton fans have told us he loves it there..

would be hillarious if he left brighton at the first chance

Parachute payments alone dictate they will be a threat

Rubbish. That money is as good as spent already. The club is swamped with debt. Read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/8513965/West-Ham-Uniteds-years-of-shambolic-mismanagement-have-left-club-on-the-brink-of-Armageddon.html

"If they [get relegated], then David Sullivan, the co-owner, believes it will take up to £40 million in loans just to keep the club in business. "

"It has been estimated that Freddie Ljungberg and Kieron Dyer together cost the club close to £34 million in total. Again, to put that in context, that’s pretty much how much West Ham make from filling Upton Park for two full seasons. Two full seasons spent on two players."

West Ham will be having a massive clear out in the Summer. They are in waaaay worse position than when we left the Prem. Don't think that just because they are West Ham they will be a threat. The club is gutted, financially. There is no money only debt.

From Tom, a Pompey fan in Portsmouth, via text: "Avram Grant is to blame for West Ham going down. The players always come out after the break playing worse, must be something he does! Sympathies to Hammers supporters, they do not deserve this and the blame lies with those in charge."

Well they do deserve it. They have been the worst team in the premier league. Results don't lie!!!!

I think Birmingham would be a greater threat and force if they drop down than W Ham will be.

totally agree. IF brum go down, I can see them going straight back up again...

where as west ham, are screwed it seems... bets on admin for them if they dont bounce straight back to the prem..?

My housemate is a WHU fan, he's devastated. He's sure Upson will be snapped up due to the 'common misconception that he's a decent player'. Obviously Parker is gone but Noble, Hines and Sears might hang around. If they get a decent young manager in then they will certainly be a threat. He's thinking Allardyce, Poyet or maybe Hughton.

Avram Grant's on a hat-trick!!

If Birmingham go down, so will Kevin Philips

On a separate note, Bridgey is now a member of the strange club of players who've won the title (Chelsea) and been relegated (Hammers) (not necessarily with the same club).

Any others spring to mind?

My housemate is a WHU fan, he's devastated. He's sure Upson will be snapped up due to the 'common misconception that he's a decent player'. Obviously Parker is gone but Noble, Hines and Sears might hang around. If they get a decent young manager in then they will certainly be a threat. He's thinking Allardyce, Poyet or maybe Hughton.

They are in a massive financial sh*t pile though and all the high wage earners they'll want to ditch. However, getting ride of them is easier said than done.

I think Birmingham would be a greater threat and force if they drop down than W Ham will be.

No debate there, Hammers have massive debts. Mind you, Birmingham will have the distraction of the Europa League. Were Millwall the last team to be in Europe in the Championship?

personally I don't blame Grant for the skates relegation. His hands were tied in terms of who he could bring in and the continued financial battles throughout the season hampered him, not to mention admin and the -9 points which gave him no chance. At West Ham however he had enough backing to get the job done, but he simply was not up to it.Very strange choice and one that has cost Gold big style.

I don't think any of West Ham's better players will stay around for NpC football. Green, Parker, Hitz, Ba and Upton will all get offers from Prem clubs which West Ham just cannot afford to refuse. The next Pompey IMO.

Would love it if Poyet went there. Would f##k things up for both clubs.

Edited by Lighthouse

Hammers will be in freefall unless Gold/Sullivan put £100million of their own money in, and if they do it will be a loan at crippling rate of interest: they're doomed

That doesn't make sense. Directors loans to their own company is likely to be bugger all interest. Why the **** would they lend to their own business at a rate of interest which would be 'crippling'.

If Birmingham go down, so will Kevin Philips

On a separate note, Bridgey is now a member of the strange club of players who've won the title (Chelsea) and been relegated (Hammers) (not necessarily with the same club).

Any others spring to mind?

Nicky Butt, Alan Smith, Joe Cole, Glen Johnson, Damien Duff, Michael Owen