Billy Sharp ' Saints deal wasn't right'

Dazza82

Frankly, who's bothered? It's clear Sharp's agent was trying to oversell his player and Cortese wasn't going to play ball.

After today's result, there will be players wanting to play for Saints if we make any approaches in any case.

• 2 months later...
.....OR , perhaps he likes life at the BOTTOM end of CCC ..? who knows ?

Perhaps he likes being guaranteed a start.I really really doubt that he turned us down over just money. Can't be making a foryune at Doncaster now can he.

Anyway probably no great loss, Simon Gillett has scored the same number of goals as Sharp so far this season.

Perhaps he likes being guaranteed a start.I really really doubt that he turned us down over just money. Can't be making a foryune at Doncaster now can he.

Anyway probably no great loss, Simon Gillett has scored the same number of goals as Sharp so far this season.

so perhaps he did everyone a favour by NOT signing..?

It got knocked on the head very early on by the agent. I get the feeling Saints were not prepared to pay the agents fee for Sharpe, after coming to full agreement with the club. I would imagine that Sharpe would have to bear that cost himself, but Doncaster would have been better off paying it the way his value is sliding.

I think Window Cleaner got this one right. Whatever it was didn't want us to keep the negotiation going. Anybody who comes to Saints and asks for guarantees to play hasn't got the confidence to come here and prove himself. That tells us a lot about Sharpe's character. He might have walked away from the table first, but only shortly before he was told that we had lost interest. Remember how quickly Puncheon received his marching orders.

I think Window Cleaner got this one right. Whatever it was didn't want us to keep the negotiation going. Anybody who comes to Saints and asks for guarantees to play hasn't got the confidence to come here and prove himself. That tells us a lot about Sharpe's character. He might have walked away from the table first, but only shortly before he was told that we had lost interest. Remember how quickly Puncheon received his marching orders.

I have the impression that Rickie's "status" causes us problems when we're trying to sign strikers. I couldn't exactly put my finger on why but I'm sure it does.I don't see it as a great problem but from Tuesday's showing it has some effect because we just cannot seem to sign strikers of any shape or form. Don't start me on Forte...he's a winger.

If we reigite the move I think it's a positive. He'll get you goals at this level, and with the amount of chances we created he could get bucket loads here. I think he's the sort of player that could work well of Lambo too, which is why I thought it would be a good move in August.

It would give us one hell of a potent attack at this level, that's for sure. No shortage of goals this year!

On the Donny forums the majority of their fans say that the strong rumour at the game was him coming to us rather than Ipswich.

Well he missed the game at the weekend due to ''Personal problems'' so he's mind has obviously been swayed by something.

Well he missed the game at the weekend due to ''Personal problems'' so he's mind has obviously been swayed by something.

Yeah that's what they were saying it in relation to...hope it comes off, would be a great addition.

Could a deal be announced tomorrow I wonder?

A 3-month loan deal would take it up to the end of the permanent transfer window...

Even a 2 month deal would not harm Saints either (if they are successful in getting him) - as the Brizzle City home game is on the 30th he won't miss any games (loan expiring on 31st December, potential permanent move on January 1st).

Read an article that Donny have let the agent Willie McKay have control of their transfers and want to half their wage bill.

This would certainly fall in line with that.

Not read it anywhere but #SimonPeach but they are signing El Hadji Diouf. If true, that may confirm Sharp is on his way out.

Lambert has 9 in the league, Do Prado & Connolly 5 Lallana 4

Our suggested targets Maynard 4, Rodriguez 3, Sharp 2.

So our front 3 all have a better record than our supposed targets who are the "stars" of their respective teams. One of the 3 would be a good impact player perhaps but no more than that in my opinion!

So our front 3 all have a better record than our supposed targets who are the "stars" of their respective teams. One of the 3 would be a good impact player perhaps but no more than that in my opinion!

Maynard, Rodriguez and Sharp have all been playing for teams that have been struggling and not creating many chances for their strikers. If any of them do sign they wouldn't be "back ups", they'd be joining to partner Lambert in most games.

Maynard, Rodriguez and Sharp have all been playing for teams that have been struggling and not creating many chances for their strikers. If any of them do sign they wouldn't be "back ups", they'd be joining to partner Lambert in most games.

So we're going to dump Guly back out on the right then and waste Chaplow completely in CM (1 game in every 4 or 5) where he's less effective.

We only need a back-up striker, depends if Sharp is now willing to accept that role.Then there's Barney, we have no idea as yet

as what he can do at this level because 14 league games into the season he hasn't even played once.

More stats for you (On target/Off target/Hit Woodwork):

Lambert 20/17/4

Rodriguez 13/17/1

Maynard 17/11/2

Sharp 6/3/0