Mboro 2 Saints 1 - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

Absolute ****ing disaster

No it is not ! If fail to get promoted next weekend it is a massive cock uo, but even then we still have the play offs.

Should we fail in the playoffs we will have still achieved far more than many of us would have guessed back in the beginning of August !!!

Settle down everyone. One win at home required against a relegated side. Maybe nothing at all needed depending on what happens Monday night. Can't expect us to rock up to whever we like and take 3 points.

Just hope that everyone is behind the lads on Sunday if a result is needed as 32000 tense and nervous fans is no help at all.

Life at the top ain't easy!!!

Massive LOL at some of the wet *****s on here. I got back an hour or two ago, feel like a draw would have been a fair result, Boro' deserved something out of the game and Saints didn't play like the losing side today. We have one game left to secure promotion. At home, to already relegated Coventry City. Grow up you bunch of drama queens.

Chaplow turned away from Bailey like a girl for their first goal.

Not closing down quickly enough or at all has really cost us over the last couple of weeks.

And our fullbacks need to look at Taylors performance for Swansea today for a lesson in how to tackle. If it wasn't for reoccurring mistakes, we'd be up by now.

Where's S-Clarke when you need him?!

I'm here! - Just got back myself, what a long trek that was.

So frustrated today, after getting there and hearing the Reading result I really believed we'd be playing for the league on the last day....obviously not then.

We couldn't have asked for a better start to be honest, but I felt we didn't kick on from that, we didn't exert ourselves in our normal way and slowly we let Boro creep back into the game and they then got a pretty firm foothold, and we were chasing them around for the rest of the 1st half. They deserved that equalizer at the death for sure.

We started the 2nd half really well, right out of the blocks, but we failed to make any clear cut chances apart from Sharp blazing over. After the incident with the free kick (and their player was the last man tbf) it seemed to knock us back and we lost any foothold we'd regained, and then losing chaplow just destroyed our shape and we were never in the game after that.

Boro looked a useful outfit, but If we were really on our game and were professional about our jobs we'd be back here in the premier league.

Luckily we have another chance, we can sit back and watch the WHU game, but no point in getting too downhearted if they win.

We have a relegated Coventry city at home, where we need just 1 win to get into the premier league. I always felt we'd take it to the last day - and we have. I'm still pretty confident we do it, but it'll be tinged with disappointment as I feel the last few weeks we've let the title slip out of our hands when it should really be ours.

Never mind, can't wait for next week now.

Rant incoming

You can talk about tv/refs or whatever but the fact is when we have the big games we blow it. How many games have we won against the top 7 this season? 3?

Adkins totally ****ed up the subs bench by picking a defensive set up. Do Prado our only attacking player on there and he is badly out of form. If we had to come from behind to get a result he was our best option to do that?! Davis is ****ing **** when it comes to long shots and needs a pair of glasses, totally woeful keeping by him today, long ball after long ball to nobody. If he is our keeper next year regardless of league he has to stop that. A simple pass to a defender and another pass into midfield, enough of the punts to nobody. And Fonte has been crap for weeks now, doesn't look like the same player at all. He has made many mistakes recently which have really cost us. I bet Jos wants to punch him sometimes as he just loses concentration so often.

People will come on and say unlucky or whatever but we should be promoted by now..... totally gutted, no doubt Adkins will come out with the robot recorded response.

Just started reading the thread now but you can eff off straight away.

Here's your budget ... what's your team that can do better?

Just started reading the thread now but you can eff off straight away.

Here's your budget ... what's your team that can do better?

Your response does not bare the detail which is required to answer the question has posed...........It;s really nothing to do with budget is it..........

Guly was good when he came on today

No he wasn't .. he was effing mediocre ... absolutely pedestrian where we needed urgency.

I've stuck up for him a long time on here but he was poor today (one very decent long shot where we denied a corner corner aside). SDR (I'm not a fan, but he would have offered more on the right today).

Anyone else pass Darlingtons ground? Looked like a cracker....

Looked it up and its 25,000 capacity! Top attendance this year was 6,000 and a low of 600 (average 2k) today theyve just been relegated from blue square :x

Why such a nice / big ground?

Built by an ex bank-robber who let his money go to his head .... never let a fan on the board (or worse still, buy the club! How much did phone boy lose at Crystal Palace?)

Unfortunately this is a rather simplified view of next weekend. WH won't have it easy turning over Leicester, but assuming they do, all the pressure next weekend will be on us. There will be absolutely none on Coventry. Those of us that have been following football as long as I have will know that teams often win once they have been confirmed as relegated.

Didn't we do it at Everton once?

Your response does not bare the detail which is required to answer the question has posed...........It;s really nothing to do with budget is it..........

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't?

Within current parameters he could have played Bart and Martin (or Jaidi or Seaborne); can you (he?) pick a stronger starting starting line-up from those combinations?

The problem with our team is that we are unstoppable one day and come up a little bit short the next ..... do you have any constructive suggestions to overcome this or is it easier to just eff and jeff and slag a couple of players every game?

Today's scapegoats were Jose Fonte and Kelvin Davis .... can't wait for next week!

Well it wasn`t meant to be.............. how the hell the ref managed to decide on no card for Hines was to me the turning point of the game. First half i thought we were crap.......after a goal so early we should have been a hell of a lot stronger. Second half we controlled it a lot more, just looked like we needed divine intervention. All in all very frustrating. It ours to lose still....no matter what happens I hope BFS stays in this division numb nuts supreme.

long drive home so did not post last night

good job i did not read some of these threads or i would have been banned from Forum

people sat behind their keyboards knocking support, to many empty seats(ask yourselves why was your as* not sat on one) knocking players

to**ers, you know who you are

imo until Chaplow went of there was only going to be one winner, he was getting behind the full back and opening them up to pull backs.

ref was p*ss poor and decision seemed to drain both players and supporters, yes i know their professionals but

Bring on Cov, hold our nerve and every little thing is goin to turn out right

Right didn't get time to comment yesterday evening cos I had to rush out.

1) How many times have I said that Fonte just has to cut out the free-style wrestling this season and last? Countless no doubt.

Just amplifies my view that he isn't a Premier League centre back and that we'll need at least 2 newbies in that position.

2) Red Card ref,cynical trip made to look like a simple gaff.Just a yellow but he already had one.

3) Thought Chappers had a good game but his first touch will always limit his effectiveness.

4) We waste too many free kicks,make the keeper work for them at least.

5) Ineffective in front of goal again, needed a change striker on about 65 minutes,should have double subbed when Chappers went off, Morgan in midfield and Guly up front.

As for the rest,not so bad but we were a bit dominated in midfield.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Had to have a few pints last night to try and calm down a bit. This morning I'm trying to get a bit of perspective. Saints were brilliant in the first minute and good enough to win the game during the early part of the 2nd half, up until the ref forgot where his cards were. How Hines stayed on the pitch I don't know but that decision seemed to spur 'boro while also demoralising Saints. It was as if they just knew from that point on that it wasn't going to be their day.

So what next? I'm of the opinion that we need Leicester to do a job for us because it's now obvious that Saints cannot do the business when the pressure is really on. Of course Saints ought to beat an already relegated Coventry but just think about it. Half time at 0-0 with lots of nice propaganda football and Coventry comfortable. Our lack of pace and tackling could find the frustration building and then word comes in that WHU are 2 up, then 3 up. Coventry start gaining in confidence while Saints start making mistakes. Recognise it? Fancy it? Nope, neither do I. Come on Leicester!

We have got to hold our nerve and enjoy the match v Coventry... At home...win 2-0 and we get promoted..FACT.

Yes, yesterday should have been at least a draw and we would have felt so much better...but please let us not forget the season we are having...what were you're expectations back in August 2011..? So come on everyone, chin up and let's get behind the team for one more match. Once we are up we can then worry and banter about who stays and who goes.

I've got a really bad knee and limping. This is how I think we'll get to the prem. When I think about it, I rarely enjoyed watching us in the top flight - always too stressful, just like it is when we're on the verge of getting there again! In fact, thinking about it, being a football fan is basically depressing. Maybe I feel this way because I stayed up til 4am to watch the game. Oh dear. I'm unhappy.

Just woken up with a rather sore head, a very hoarse voice and no money. I couldn't be forgiven for being rather depressed today, But I'm not. I'm not because of you had said to me at the beginning of the season we have to beat an already relegated Coventry at home to guarantee Promotion, well... I think we all know what I would have done.

Grow up you bunch of helmets.

Just woken up with a rather sore head, a very hoarse voice and no money. I couldn't be forgiven for being rather depressed today, But I'm not. I'm not because of you had said to me at the beginning of the season we have to beat an already relegated Coventry at home to guarantee Promotion, well... I think we all know what I would have done.

Grow up you bunch of helmets.

Hahahah!

You beat me to it!.

Unlike most of the nobbers on here, yesterday's loss cost me a FOUR FIGURE sum! Well at least the chance of a four figure sum with my bet on us to win the league at 14/1. 1 point behind Reading next weekend and we would have won the fecking league - no question!

Instead, a hopeless ref (and I mean hopeless), a ridiculous decision by Fonte to foul a bloke who was nowhere near picking the ball up, a BRILLIANT free kick (how many have we scored this season? 0) and a team who totally turned around their performances of the past 12 months and played inspired football, have cost us the league and me my season ticket, travel and drinks budget for 2012-2013 season and beyond!!!

But so what??!!

Next Saturday I will be on the pitch celebrating that in six months we'll be playing Rooney and Van Persie and targeting life in the Europa League!!

Grow some fecking perspective wrist slitters!

Holy crap..reading through some of the comments,I thought I was on the Poopers forum,We are 2nd in the F.U.C.K.I.N.G league......Verge of promotion ......in our own hands........ what more do people want.......yesterday a bit of a downer, looks like people have incredibly short memories.

Hahahah!

You beat me to it!.

Unlike most of the nobbers on here, yesterday's loss cost me a FOUR FIGURE sum! Well at least the chance of a four figure sum with my bet on us to win the league at 14/1. 1 point behind Reading next weekend and we would have won the fecking league - no question!

Instead, a hopeless ref (and I mean hopeless), a ridiculous decision by Fonte to foul a bloke who was nowhere near picking the ball up, a BRILLIANT free kick (how many have we scored this season? 0) and a team who totally turned around their performances of the past 12 months and played inspired football, have cost us the league and me my season ticket, travel and drinks budget for 2012-2013 season and beyond!!!

But so what??!!

Next Saturday I will be on the pitch celebrating that in six months we'll be playing Rooney and Van Persie and targeting life in the Europa League!!

Grow some fecking perspective wrist slitters!

Some sense, some sad lives out there in mongo land

In fairness , Mowbory (spelling?) set out a decent plane against us - pressing us high up to not let us play our usual patient build. When we therefore injevcted a bit of urgency into things with quicker movement we did create opportunity, but we did not seem to do this enough, but thats understandable after a long hard season and with the pressure. Cant moan too much about the ref decsions and the chaplow injury, yep they both impacted on the game, but these things happeen in football week in week out and sometimes it works in your favour, other times against. I still think we showed we have what it takes and will get the final result we need.

No doubt this squad has been unbelieveable and given us three cracking seasons, drama, enteratinment and some graet play, but if promoted or not, think we do need to add a bit of pace - Lee is what we have missed these last 5 games or so - he was just comminginto his own, adding a bit of guile, pace and unpredictability to our game - so to those who believe adkins does not se things as we do, this suggests he does.... had we had Lee fit, I think we would be sitting top now as he would have provided the missing ingredient against Reading and certainly yesterday.

Blue line, on to the next and last game - win and we go up, Its as simple as that.

Well just up after getting in at silly o'clock back from boro, disappointed we didn't get to celebrate promotion yesterday BUT WHAT I AM REALY P##SED off about is that we may now get promoted and not even be at the match! Been everywhere this season Hull/Blackpool/burnley/3 hardly missed a kick again following the boys all over singing our lungs out for the cause only to find that we could well go up at not even be at the match! Bummer

Nigel needs to have a look at himself, we could and should have just been back to back league champions. Yes let's all be thankful and celebrate promotion if we lucky enough. I had hoped though that we were on the cusp of greatness but sadly it was just another dream! UTS

In fairness ' date=' Mowbory (spelling?) set out a decent plane against us - pressing us high up to not let us play our usual patient build. When we therefore injevcted a bit of urgency into things with quicker movement we did create opportunity, but we did not seem to do this enough[/quote']

That's a kind of worry for me though, as when teams employ that tactic against us that's it. Game over, doors shut. We have no other idea's when we're pressed, and if Lambert isn't on his game then we need to hope that they're **** in front of goal, otherwise we're buggered.

We need pace, because we had so many opportunities yesterday where we worked the ball well got it wide...then they turned back inside and passed backwards. If we had a bit of pace injected into the flanks we'd be much better, we were way too easy to defend against yesterday and too predictable in our approach - which is a characteristic that comes to the fore when teams press us.

That's a kind of worry for me though, as when teams employ that tactic against us that's it. Game over, doors shut. We have no other idea's when we're pressed, and if Lambert isn't on his game then we need to hope that they're **** in front of goal, otherwise we're buggered.

We need pace, because we had so many opportunities yesterday where we worked the ball well got it wide...then they turned back inside and passed backwards. If we had a bit of pace injected into the flanks we'd be much better, we were way too easy to defend against yesterday and too predictable in our approach - which is a characteristic that comes to the fore when teams press us.

Very true and what many have been saying since last year. I guess that makes you a wet fanny too. ;)

True, but can you imagine that side with Lee and Oxo... sadly we cant do anything about injury or teenagers and their dads desperate for a short cut to success

True' date=' but can you imagine that side with Lee and Oxo... sadly we cant do anything about injury or teenagers and their dads desperate for a short cut to success[/quote']

Crikey, with Chambo in that side we'd have won the league weeks ago! But never mind, this has still been an amazing season. Now we've got to wait another week to party!!!!!

Crikey, with Chambo in that side we'd have won the league weeks ago! But never mind, this has still been an amazing season. Now we've got to wait another week to party!!!!!

It what ****es me off most about the Chambo sale - he cold have had a full season of championship games under his belt and gone to the Gunners with more chance of a starting place - but the kids seem happier at a big club on teh bench/reserves than playing each week - had he been part of a promotion and championship winning side, he would have gone with our blessing.

It what ****es me off most about the Chambo sale - he cold have had a full season of championship games under his belt and gone to the Gunners with more chance of a starting place - but the kids seem happier at a big club on teh bench/reserves than playing each week - had he been part of a promotion and championship winning side' date=' he would have gone with our blessing[/b'].

Don't agree, there would have been even less reason for him to go if we were in the same league, would have disliked him (or really his old man) more than I do now. Actually don't think we missed him that much, although he would have been just what we needed yesterday - why wasn't SDR in the squad?

Holy crap..reading through some of the comments,I thought I was on the Poopers forum,We are 2nd in the F.U.C.K.I.N.G league......Verge of promotion ......in our own hands........ what more do people want.......yesterday a bit of a downer, looks like people have incredibly short memories.

Actually some of us have incredibly long memories and maybe thats why we are not confident that we will wrap it up next Saturday. Also people are ****ed off because we blew the chance to be champions. I know all the Sky generation think promotion to the PL is all that matters, but that is crap. Its the "we're second in the league what more do people expect" dry fannies that really get up my nose (rather have a wet fanny any day)

The suggestion that had Oxlade Chamberlain remained here, we would have been stronger and would probably have secured promotion with games in hand seems a fair assessment but it was a decision of the club not to re-invest the transfer fee in a powerful replacement and instead to keep the bulk of the money in the bank. SDR, who was probably intended to be the regular RW proved to be no more than a squad player who could not nail the position down as his own.

When Nigel Adkins was quoted as saying, "so near and yet so far", perhaps he was regretting some decisions that were not taken in the transfer windows. As it is, promotion is still highly probable, either by WHU failing to win at Leicester or by Saints getting the point or points needed at St Mary's next Saturday, but hopefully lessons will have been learned about having too much faith in some players who are good but not quite good enough. Next season we could be up against established internationals costing £20m or £30m and somehow Cortese and Adkins have got to find a way of competing at that level.

I give up. Why always us? What a first class cock up this was. All the pre-match bull**** from players about "going there to win the league.... " and in the end they went down with a whimper.

Fonte and Hammond are always committing stupid errors; between them they have caused us to lose quite a few games recently. Time for them to move on?

Can't see Saturday being much fun now.

Now it really is SQB time, screw it up next week and we could be kissing goodbye to the PL. Who would fancy us to beat any of the other play0off contenders in our current form?

The suggestion that had Oxlade Chamberlain remained here, we would have been stronger and would probably have secured promotion with games in hand seems a fair assessment but it was a decision of the club not to re-invest the transfer fee in a powerful replacement and instead to keep the bulk of the money in the bank. SDR, who was probably intended to be the regular RW proved to be no more than a squad player who could not nail the position down as his own.

When Nigel Adkins was quoted as saying, "so near and yet so far", perhaps he was regretting some decisions that were not taken in the transfer windows. As it is, promotion is still highly probable, either by WHU failing to win at Leicester or by Saints getting the point or points needed at St Mary's next Saturday, but hopefully lessons will have been learned about having too much faith in some players who are good but not quite good enough. Next season we could be up against established internationals costing £20m or £30m and somehow Cortese and Adkins have got to find a way of competing at that level.

Indeed and there will be also the problem of integrating any newcomers into our system. Even if we bought top class talent in June or whenever the window opens we'd still have only a few weeks at most to integrate them and as you know it won't be easy with a long standing squad and all the baggage that goes with it. For sure if we reach the PL we'll need to hit the ground running from match 1. Early defeats might prove disastrous for morale.