What's the wierdest thing you've ever seen someone do at football?

kwsaint

Sometime in the 80s at the Dell, I remember a player taking a shot at the Archers end. The shot went over the cross-bar and hit a policeman smack in his helmet (his police helmet!) which fell off his head and into the away supporters.

Back then the police used to stand on a raised level looking down on the away support below and someone had to throw it back to him. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Can't remember when or what game it was. Any one remember this?

At Gillingham away a couple of years ago when it started raining someone in front of me put an empty chip bag on their head to protect themselves, didn't really work, just made them look a bit silly.

I also vaguely recall a fight a few rows behind me in the Northam a few years ago, two blokes got into a verbal argument, one guy showed his disapproval of the other's opinion by urinating over him. Did this really happen?

Topless fat men screaming 'let's all have a disco' dancing and cuddling each other. Also thrusting at each other after the 'la la la la ooohh' bit.

They then drop to the floor in some fat pie and beer induced frenzy frothing at the mouth over how hilarious they are.

A supporter lift her top off to show her tits after their was an argument between the home and away supporters, also a woman wearing a laced white dress showing part of her boobs during a match, it certainly distracted everyone. I believe she was dating Rufus Brevett at the time.

Watching a Weymouth away match someone shouted at the oppo fans who were waving a flag, "Shove that flag up your arse!". Mild chuckles all round, but he followed it up with "Actually, you can shove it up my arse if you like!".

Cue hundreds of people slowly looking round at him in bemused silence.

At a game in League 1 there was a woman reading a newspaper and showing no interest in the match whatsoever. Seriously, why pay for the ticket and then ignore the game?

Norwich away when Puncheon ran the game there was a woman sat in the back row reading. She also had some shopping with her.

Years ago at half time having a fag on the concourse. Huge roar as the teams kick off the second half, I stub mine out and start to walk back to my seat - guy next to me pinches off the burning end of his smoke and then EATS the rest of the rollie he was smoking. Always remember that, funniest thing I have seen.

At Wimbledon's old ground, Plough Lane late 70's, freezing cold mid week game, FA Cup? ... plenty of space on the terraces - people lighting fires on the terrace with newspapers and god knows what else. Also the portaloos were at the top of the terracing so you could have a wee and watch the game thru the window!!

Same era, away to Brighton my mate got hit on the head by a bottle of tomato ketchup lobbed from the Brighton section. Seem to remember a few other grocery items also being throw too and fro.

Edited by ericofarabia

anything to do with that lot down the road always has me in stitches:

when they started a riot in their own town after the match

that tw*t getting his bell confiscated

their hospitality suite was a portacabin on stilts - thats the funniest thing ive EVER seen!!

being called the best fans in the land???

the list goes on and on and on

that branfoot wanted to buy Robert Fleck for 2 million + Matt Le Tissier!

The memory's a little bit iffy these days but I've an 'orrible recollection that it was actually £3m + Le Tiss.

Weirdest thing I think I've ever witnessed was this dodgy geezer leaving portsea island to come and manage Southampton - and then, unbelievably, leaving Southampton to go back to portsea island!! Nothing ever surprises me in football any more.

At Tranmere, my mate nick kept in giving it the 'calm down, calm down' arms. At 3-1, he started singing, "we're going to win 4-1", which he carried on, modifying the scoreline as appropriate, despite my urging to the contrary. At 3-3, he went to start up "we're going to win 4-3", but was stopped by a number of blows to the back of his head. After turning to the guy behind him and saying it was way over the top (I had warned nick that it wasn't the smartest move), I asked him if he was ok. Incredibly, he insisted that he was fine, had not been punched, and had just gone to put his head in his hands due to the scoreline. When I pointed out that the back of his ear was bleeding, he said that Tranmere fans had thrown coins at him (bear in mind I was stood directly next to him, towards the back of the stand).

Even after the match had finished, on the coach home (and to this day), he still sticks to this story. He Even told fellow Saints fans (who enquired after his injuries) on the coach how angry he was at the 'dirty' Tranmere fans and would come back to 'get' them.

I didn't believe that mental gymnastics like that existed anywhere else is this world, until I read Corp Ho's posts on the PTS thread in the lounge