Drop out the League?

Saint Charlie

Might seem radical, but should we ask the Premier League/FA if we can drop out the league for the rest of the season, and be inserted into the Championship next season?

That way we would have approx 9 months to work on the training ground ahead of the start of next season, less chance of players getting injured and we could start afresh in August 2013 without the stigma of having been relegated?

Of course some players might leave, but IMO it is the kind of radical action that NC need to take NOW if we are to trust him going forward?

**Puts on tin hat**

Might seem radical, but should we ask the Premier League/FA if we can drop out the league for the rest of the season, and be inserted into the Championship next season?

That way we would have approx 9 months to work on the training ground ahead of the start of next season, less chance of players getting injured and we could start afresh in August 2013 without the stigma of having been relegated?

Of course some players might leave, but IMO it is the kind of radical action that NC need to take NOW if we are to trust him going forward?

**Puts on tin hat**

And people think I am a lunatic , you have out done even me !!!!!

**Puts on tin hat**

You DO know from where our top players have got injuries.....games or training??

**Puts on tin hat**

Skate Alert!!!!!! You have been on POL for to long, Rehab required Mods:D

**Puts on tin hat**

Are you ******* mad?

**Puts on tin hat**

You need to lay off the Charlie for a bit, sunshine.

You should have stopped before your OP, let alone carry on with it!

Just don't want to be misinterpreted. I am suggesting that we drop out of the Prem, not that we go out of business.

HTH - maybe a poll would be good, seems opinion is largely negative to the idea but there might be lurkers who agree and are afraid of being shouted down like I have.

Just don't want to be misinterpreted. I am suggesting that we drop out of the Prem, not that we go out of business.

Ok, think about this.....

Saints withdraw from the Premier League with 28 games left to play.

- TV Broadcasters from around the world take legal action over a breach of their contracted terms

- Sponsors revoke money and income from Saints for breach of contract

- Fans demand refunds on season ticket money.

- No match day income and no more premiership money comes in. We cannot pay our wages, our staff.

Withdrawl from the Premier League would mean Saints going out of business. You cannot separate the two, it is not an option.

Can I just say this is utterly, without doubt, the dumbest most stupidest and special thing I have ever heard on this forum! "Please FA let us drop out of league football (our whole purpose for which we are designed to do) and let us come back next season" Aside from the financial situation just no.

Ok, think about this.....

Saints withdraw from the Premier League with 28 games left to play.

- TV Broadcasters from around the world take legal action over a breach of their contracted terms

- Sponsors revoke money and income from Saints for breach of contract

- Fans demand refunds on season ticket money.

- No match day income and no more premiership money comes in. We cannot pay our wages, our staff.

Withdrawl from the Premier League would mean Saints going out of business. You cannot separate the two, it is not an option.

Whilst there is a certain level of validitiy to what you say, consider that should we drop out if the league we will offer a completely new and unique product.

Seeing us play for a period of team only against the U21's and U18's will give fans the chance to really bond with the club and the novelty may make us a bigger attraction than the over inflated hype of the prem. What better way to actually develop a Southampton way all throughout the club?

Whilst there is a certain level of validitiy to what you say, consider that should we drop out if the league we will offer a completely new and unique product.

Seeing us play for a period of team only against the U21's and U18's will give fans the chance to really bond with the club and the novelty may make us a bigger attraction than the over inflated hype of the prem. What better way to actually develop a Southampton way all throughout the club?

Quite like the sound of this tbh. We could also retain NA this way which would be a bonus as long as the PR was played right.

If we mothballed the stadium for 9 months and played all games at Staplewood, just think of the monetary savings we could make not having to maintain a 32,000 seater stadium. I think there's a possible financial case to be made for it.

the possibilities are endless. Maybe.. we should volunteer to go down to L2....or the Conferrence and entertain our fans by fighting our way back up three divisions ..like Rangers are doing in Scotland ..?

Do you think we might get 31,000 to watch us play Salisbury ..... .or Eastleigh? Perhaps not ?

I'm sure there plenty who would agree, given how many HATE the premiership. I say let's get ourselves back in L1.

Cheap ticket prices, winning more often, lots of new grounds, Papa Waigo. What's not to like? I can honestly say that our two years in League One were my favourites as a Saints supporter.