Summer 2013 HCDAJFU / Transfer thread

Glasgow_Saint

If Spurs get Lamela and Eriksen, that would leave them very heavy in the attacking midfield positions (Lennon, Paulinho, Holtby, Townsend, Dembele, Chadli, Sigurdsson).

Reckon we might be in with a shot of getting Gylfi Sigurdsson here - I for one think he'd fit in really well. Hard-working, good passer, scores goals...sign him up!

Lamela signing now confirmed by Spurs.

Lamela for a third of the price of Bale is sensational business tbf to them.

To bring in Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, Capoue and Chiriches and sell Bale for about a net cost of £10m is a great bit of business. Yes Bale will be a huge loss to the premier league, but they haven't half spent it well. Also take into account the other £20m they have brought in and they've made their squad stronger and come out in profit. It will be interesting to see how they get on this season now, I think they'll finish atleast 4th.

Edited by Saint Garrett

Lamela for a third of the price of Bale is sensational business tbf to them.

To bring in Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli, Capoue and Chiriches and sell Bale for about a net cost of £10m is a great bit of business. Yes Bale will be a huge loss to the premier league, but they haven't half spent it well. Also take into account the other £20m they have brought in and they've made their squad stronger and come out in profit. It will be interesting to see how they get on this season now, I think they'll finish atleast 4th.

Agree. If they don't finish 4th this year, they never will. Don't forget they are still in talks with Eriksen too.

Crazy to think they managed to sign that lot without Champions league football. They are a prime example of how spend that amount of money sensibly.

Compare with Liverpool's dealings under Kenny:-

Carroll (35m)

Henderson (16m)

Adam (8m)

Downing (20m)

Coates (8m)

Total 87m

Soldado (26m)

Paulinho (17m)

Eriksen (9m)

Chadli (7m)

Lamela (25m)

Total 84m

Agree. If they don't finish 4th this year, they never will. Don't forget they are still in talks with Eriksen too.

Crazy to think they managed to sign that lot without Champions league football. They are a prime example of how spend that amount of money sensibly.

Carroll (35m)

Henderson (16m)

Adam (8m)

Downing (20m)

Coates (8m)

Total 87m

Soldado (26m)

Paulinho (17m)

Eriksen (9m)

Chadli (7m)

Lamela (25m)

Total 84m

Thats embarrassing!

Carroll (35m)

Henderson (16m)

Adam (8m)

Downing (20m)

Coates (8m)

Total 87m

Soldado (26m)

Paulinho (17m)

Eriksen (9m)

Chadli (7m)

Lamela (25m)

Total 84m

While I generally agree with this post, a lot of the tottenham ones have not even played 100 mins of football yet and turn out to be flops. Dont judge till they prove their worth (although you are prob right).

Great signings but I think it'll take them time. If the window closed before the season, as it should, I'm sure all those signings would still have taken place, along with the Bale sale, and they'd have more time. Still, can see them doing very well next season. Think they might chop and change too much this year.

Agree. I think they have a bigger chance winning Europa League than coming top 3 in PL actually...

A transfer rumours website *ducks* is reporting that:

- Saints have turned down a sizable bid from Fulham for Jack Cork

- Aaron Cresswell is signing for Saints with part of the deal involving Sharp going the other way, possibly on loan

- Aaron Cresswell is signing for Saints with part of the deal involving Sharp going the other way, possibly on loan

Think i saw that Crystal Palace have had a bid rejected by Ipswich for £3million for Aaron Cresswell

Interesting read, would take Cresswell but would be v dissapointed to see Cork go. Of course rumours, pinch of salt etc ..

I think a lot of teams would be interested in Cork seeing how good he is and that he's no longer first choice, but we must do our utmost to keep him. He's important to the squad and to our future.

As for the latter part of that, Cresswell for Sharp would be a cracking deal - strengthening a weak area (squadwise and seeing how Shaw often picks up niggles and only having Fox as back-up) and offloading an unwanted player at the same time.

Sold, not loan. That´s positive.

Thanks for a true professional work at our club Dean.

Agree, I think it a bit of a shame that our promotion winning captain wasn't given a minute of Premier League football with us...still we have moved on to bigger and better things. Good luck Dean, a true pro who deserves it.

TBF, he's never going to make it at Chelsea. That much is clear. He needs a move, but it won't be to us. We've got more than enough!

Irrespective of having too many forwards, if he was available at the right price I'd still take him! It won't happen though, I think Chelsea will persevere with him long term, in spite of his terrible penalty tonight.

TBF, he's never going to make it at Chelsea. That much is clear. He needs a move, but it won't be to us. We've got more than enough!

Can't agree there. I think he's going to be a star, their new Drogba. Really feel for the lad tonight.

While I generally agree with this post, a lot of the tottenham ones have not even played 100 mins of football yet and turn out to be flops. Dont judge till they prove their worth (although you are prob right).

Spurs have improved their squad to title challenger levels.

Can't agree there. I think he's going to be a star, their new Drogba. Really feel for the lad tonight.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's an excellent player - but the fit between him and Chelsea doesn't feel right, I can't see him there long term at all.

Carroll (35m)

Henderson (16m)

Adam (8m)

Downing (20m)

Coates (8m)

Total 87m

Soldado (26m)

Paulinho (17m)

Eriksen (9m)

Chadli (7m)

Lamela (25m)

Total 84m

They have done incredibly well to buy what they have for effectively the cost of Bale. Added to the players already there in the form of Walker, Vertonghan and Sandro who are all excellent (and Ive slways rated Dembele) then they should easily finish 4th Id say unless Arsenal bring in some quality and quickly.

FWIW I dont really get what the hell happened under Kenny, as although overpriced everyone of those players were bang on form when they signed, all had good seasons and Kenny effectively ruined them.

I think he really is the new Drogba, he is better on the ball then Benteke but Benteke is the better player ATM. Although I think RL will turn into a top top player he looked a little out of place tonight, a bit headless chicken, that penalty was truelly aweful aswell !!

On the BBC matchday thread that Toby Alderweirald has passed a medical at Athletico Madrid, will allow Martin Demichelis to move to Manchester City.

I noticed this with a bit of interest as his name was put on here as a possible target after being given a free transfer from Malaga. I suspect this was laughed off by many as not good enough, too old etc. Now he's going to Man City for £2.5m.

Today, Redmond had a good game against us, scoring for Norwich who signed him for £2m . But of course we no longer look at up and coming players from lower leagues, as we - some fans, Chief Exec in particular - believe we are above this as we go up to "the next level".

Lets spend millions instead, the we can be a bit more mediocre than we were before.

What I think is that we are getting our target market wrong, or at least using it incorrectly.

The Serie A is probably the most tactical, slow-paced, positional, technical detail-focused of the top leagues in Europe. To sign players into the PL who come from this sort of preparation (Osvaldo effectively had his preseason at Rome) and expect an impact within the first 1-2 months is madness, and even the first season will probably prove to be inconsistent. The stamina just isn't there, and more so in the case of South-American imports (even slower pace) into Italy!

We'll see how Lamela does Tottenham but even then I don't think he's expected to start week-in, week-out this season.

What I think is that we are getting our target market wrong, or at least using it incorrectly.

The Serie A is probably the most tactical, slow-paced, positional, technical detail-focused of the top leagues in Europe. To sign players into the PL who come from this sort of preparation (Osvaldo effectively had his preseason at Rome) and expect an impact within the first 1-2 months is madness, and even the first season will probably prove to be inconsistent. The stamina just isn't there, and more so in the case of South-American imports (even slower pace) into Italy!

We'll see how Lamela does Tottenham but even then I don't think he's expected to start week-in, week-out this season.

That would be fans that are mad then, the club looks at it in a longer perspective.

That would be fans that are mad then, the club looks at it in a longer perspective.

Some morons around me -first few rows- were already calling for Osvaldo's head "he's f**king ****, waste of £15m, get him off" -all in his earshot after Lallana had hit a slightly heavy pass which he had failed to keep in.

Some morons around me -first few rows- were already calling for Osvaldo's head "he's f**king ****, waste of £15m, get him off" -all in his earshot after Lallana had hit a slightly heavy pass which he had failed to keep in.

Christ that's smart! I thought it must have been really frustrating for him. He got virtually no service, but looked decent at shifting it half a yard and hitting it. Poch is going to have to get the dynamic right there.

Regarding the game I think we still miss players who can commit players. Sunderland particularly but Norwich too were drilled and organised, lallana tried to, but with fox and chambers as full backs we were pretty static. I agree with smirks, we don't play wingers as such. But if the full backs dont provide the width we need something else. Redmond occupied and committed two saints defenders each time he got the ball and caused problems.

Heard we've had scouts watching Joel Pohjanpalo recently, 18 year old Finnish striker. Has a good goalscoring record considering most of his appearances for HJK have been off the bench and has broken into the national team of late.

Shouldn't this be on a January 2014 HCDAJFU thread ?

Once maybe, but I honestly can't see much difference between any of the top leagues anymore and I don't believe Osvaldo should be allowed this as an excuse.