Cortese to go?

Bewildered

Thanks for confirming.

He wasnt allowed tickets for his friends for a sold out game, not entirely sure how there is a massive issue there really, ok, being a club legend he probably should have been allowed but not that worried.

Cortese vs the ex legends is one massive PR cock up that could have been handled better but they are all as bad as each other.

One of my clients once described Nicola as a monoploy player that started with £15,000 while all other player had the regular £1,500

Guess its much easier to do deals when you're loaded and can afford to waste a few grand here n there. Will Milan allow the same?

Our net spend on transfers is circa £70m + spending £14 million on Gaston while selling Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for £12m??? :rolleyes: :eek:

Ramirez's cost gone up again? We'll have paid £20m for him in the summer! Chamberlain went for £15m (a kid who's played a handful of games in L1) and we signed Gaston (a full international) for £11.8m.

He wasnt allowed tickets for his friends for a sold out game, not entirely sure how there is a massive issue there really, ok, being a club legend he probably should have been allowed but not that worried.

Cortese vs the ex legends is one massive PR cock up that could have been handled better but they are all as bad as each other.

It wasn't sold out, there were thousands of empty seats.

Ramirez's cost gone up again? We'll have paid £20m for him in the summer! Chamberlain went for £15m (a kid who's played a handful of games in L1) and we signed Gaston (a full international) for £11.8m.

£20 million? Are you including his wages? We paid £13,376,000 for Gaston + his £1 million signing on fee. Add his 4 year contract = £13,520,000. Thats £28 million + bonuses. Not sure how you got to £20m?

Alex was sold for £12,144,000 btw :)

Anyway back to Nicola...

£20 million? Are you including his wages? We paid £13,376,000 for Gaston + his £1 million signing on fee. Add his 4 year contract = £13,520,000. Thats £28 million + bonuses. Not sure how you got to £20m?

Alex was sold for £12,144,000 btw :)

Anyway back to Nicola...

So to compare it correctly and fair.

How much money do we save on not paying wages to Alex then?

That got to be in there for compareness in the right and fair way I would presume..

One of my carers once described Nicola as a monoploy player that started with £15,000 while all other player had the regular £1,500

Guess its much easier to do deals when you're loaded and can afford to waste a few grand here n there. Will Milan allow the same?

Our net spend on transfers is circa £70m + spending £14 million on Gaston while selling Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for £12m??? :rolleyes: :eek:

Fixed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25736264

Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese's future is in doubt, with leading figures at the club fearing he could leave at the end of the season.

Cortese has yet to make a final decision on his position, but there is a growing sense of unease at the club's Staplewood training ground.

The former Swiss banker has been a key figure in the Premier League club's rise from the depths of League One.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino has said he would leave if Cortese departed.

"I would not understand staying in this role if Nicola was not here," he said last season. "The person who actually called me from the start, told me about the project and put the faith in me, was Nicola."

Southampton declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

It's pretty clear something has been in the pipeline for a while. No smoke without fire and all that.

Would fully expect a new manager too, and would fully explain the MP stories from a few weeks back. Of course, it could just be another clever ploy to use the media - but I doubt it, not 2 seasons in a row. Something is brewing for sure.

Not sure where it would leave us ownership wise, we'd probably be sold, but I'd like to think NC would leave us with a bit of assurance in terms of our future and not just leave us in the lurch (I don't think he will)

This club is always minutes away from meltdown and change, has never been any different in my years supporting them.

It wouldn't amaze me. Perhaps he's decided the club can't be taken any farther up the table into the hallowed lands of the CL, so there's no point continuing. Would also make sense if AC Milan really want him (+ probably MP.)

Seedorf is new manager at AC Milan

Ben Smith is one of those journalists the club works with on things. That they are using him with this story makes me think they don't mind this story being 'out there'. I'll wait and see what happens but even if there is some credibility to the story that Ben Smith is involved in the story suggests to me that there may be ulterior motives.

If he leaves we will probably be sold and I would imagine there would be a number of buyers. We will be left still in the prem so a much better position than previously. Saints are bigger than any one person and it's just another dip in the roller coaster that is supporting saints.

If he leaves we will probably be sold and I would imagine there would be a number of buyers. We will be left still in the prem so a much better position than previously. Saints are bigger than any one person and it's just another dip in the roller coaster that is supporting saints.

I think that's a fair view. We're going to be one hell of a buy for someone. So much potential at this club.